Input? I am WORRIED about my brother's future

Marinka

Yeah. I'm not sure if Marinka wanted a copy posted for others to look at or if she thinks I should analyze it. I did the later but not the former. It would take less time to just have astro.com do it, so I wouldn't have to scan it in.

Post the solar arc into the thread - that is the other tool that I always use in situations like this. It can provide a bit more detail. If I have a chance, I'll take a look at it.

tsmall

Premium Member
He doesn't have to tell me about this because I know very well. He is receiving a lot of pressure by external forces to make a drastic career change, either a new job or re-educating himself for another profession. The situation is becoming critical.

Profections--10th house to the ASC. Of course this will be highlighted, and in the SR chart Mercury is in Cancer, in aversion to the MC. In the SR chart, there is no planet that can translate Mercury's light to the MC, so this will have the effect of making him feel out of control over the 10th, hesitant to make a decision (which is reenforced by the natal Mars position) because he can't see where it will lead.

Solar Return
The SR Mars is conjoined to SR Jupiter, both of which are in a square harmonic with natal Mars. Natal Mars is in a square relationship to SR Pluto, from first house to Fourth house. Natal Mars is also in opposition to Uranus in the eighth house, and this is a huge, significant years as the SR ascendant aligns with the natal ascendant, also meaning that Saturn and Mars are in the first house and Jupiter is in the 12th house. (Note: I am not offering my interpretations because everyone here can fit the pieces together. Normally I would, but I am short on time.)

Ok, but...SR Jupiter has passed the square to natal Mars. So, not an issue. SR Mars is applying to a square with natal Mars, and natal Mars is the exaltation ruler of natal 5, however Mars is not activated in this year's chart. Natal Mars is in the 1st house, but the second sign. That's a big difference. What is really huge is that SR Jupiter is exalted and in JOY! Hello? All will be well and all will be well and all manner of things will be well.

What is tough and likely causing some mood issues/grappling with life's destiny is that Saturn is activated this year, and Saturn sits on the natal ASC. The dynamic between natal Moon square Mercury, translating the light from Mars to Mercury, and Mercury applying to Saturn is highlighted this year. When did his "dark mood" begin? Because Jupiter retrograde ran headlong into Saturn back in December, and that happened pretty close to natal Mercury, as well as in aspect to the ASC.

You mentioned a CPA career change, and I would agree from the chart that it looks promising as such. I just wonder if your brother is feeling compelled by external forces to do this (like his life is being planned or directed for him rather than by him) and so while it likely would be a good move, he needs to come to that conclusion for himself rather than feel like he's being driven to it?

SR Mars applying to Jupiter is a non starter. It may cause small annonyances, since Mars is in fall, but Jupiter is more than equipped to deal with them. Retrograde now, it could be a case of "oh, let me make life difficult for you" one day and the next "oops, sorry, that wasn't what I meant to do." As in problems crop up that seem way off the map in bigness, but are almost immediately resolved, even with a bit of head shaking involved.

Please remember, benefics in the 12th will help mitigate the negative connotations of the 12th.

I don't see a lot of hugely difficult stuff upcoming

Me either. I'm heartend that you said this, waybread, because I've been scratching my head for hours wondering what the heck I'm missing.

waybread

Oh, thanks, tsmall. I overlooked transiting Saturn sextiling the ascendant. From a modern astrology perspective, this could be a time of shouldering extra responsibilities-- which can be burdensome yet ultimately beneficial.

dr. farr

By Pauline profection, in his 33rd year OP's brother's ascendant has profected into natal Taurus: and the SN has been transiting Taurus over the past 14/15 months or so: this could have added to the other testimonies (transits, etc) suggesting a "down time" for the brother, during this period....

Cypocryphy

You maybe at higher chance of getting infection but then again so as all the other people around you when it comes to epidemic as environmental factor wise. My point is you will have to have indicator in the natal, progression, transit, solar arc etc to show that you are in this particular period having a lower immunity and high likelihood of suffering physical issues.

The Combination of Stellar Influences by Reinhold Ebertin, in the front of this book had mentioned a lot of the medical professions actually involved in the development of this book through their observation and research on their own patients.... Each group of midpoints have their own individual Psychological, Biological manifestation, Sociological in both positive and negative potentials stated. When you have accurate birth time, I can testify using midpoint alone can give you impressive predictive result when you stay strictly within the orbs.

Oh yeah! I so agree, Poyi. I didn't do an in-depth analysis on here, hence the "abridge" version. I've been really busy, and every time I get on the forums, the time just whizzes by. But I can go into a lot of detail to show what I am talking about. This is not just a whimsical fancy brought on by a bad dream. (Actually, this was brought on by a bad dream :lol: That's what started my looking.) I have a lot of data I've looked at, but when I get some more time to relax and analyze, I will go over the midpoints.

Cypocryphy

By Pauline profection, in his 33rd year OP's brother's ascendant has profected into natal Taurus: and the SN has been transiting Taurus over the past 14/15 months or so: this could have added to the other testimonies (transits, etc) suggesting a "down time" for the brother, during this period....

I'll keep this in mind. Thank you, Dr. Farr.

Cypocryphy

Post the solar arc into the thread - that is the other tool that I always use in situations like this. It can provide a bit more detail. If I have a chance, I'll take a look at it.

I found a solar arc, but it is combined with progressions. I couldn't see any other one. *shrug*

Cypocryphy

Hey Waybread. I wanted to reply, and might have picked the worse night to do so since I just to a large pill of ambian. My mind is going really sloooooooowwwwww right now. :andy:

Thanks for the feedback, Cypocryphy.

I have to say that an astute astrologer is not going to be swayed by the OPer's interpretation of a given situation.

Perhaps. Suggestion is powerful, often unrecognized by the most astute mind. Better to create a zero level of possibility by not suggestion anything, I say.

I've done a lot of blind chart readings myself. I don't know if you read Nasser, Under One Sky, but he asked a dozen professional astrologers to do a completely blind reading of an anonymous subject. Their replies were all over the place!

Interesting that you saw it that way. Aside from a couple terrible interpretations, they were remarkably similar, with several being astoundingly so; astoundingly accurate that is. I suppose I can see how you would look at it that way, but the similarities seemed much more pronounced to me. Which leads me to quote one of my astrology teachers: "There is more than one way up the mountain."

However, in a post of even a paragraph or so about the native, you pick up all kinds of verbal cues about the situation. These you can link to the chart, and I think they help to make the reading more accurate.

That is absolutely true, and it can make for a much better reading, as the book you referenced is a clear example of that. The other side of the coin, however, is that people will use their knowledge of psychology and sociology to make predictions not so much on astrological configurations but on personal experience, that knowledge gleaned from the numerous human interactions one has in his or her life travels. The predictions are reasoned out rather than interpreted. Too often we see a case of having a square and seeing that the hole is a triangle, then chiseling the square to fit.

I've contradicted OPer's interpretations when I thought the horoscope indicated something else.

That's fine. You have now committed. :smile: The grains of sand are falling, so it won't be long before you know whether you are right. And I assure you, the sole purpose of these forums, for me, is to gain accurate feedback, and I will do the same for you.

A truism of modern astrology is that if we have mastered a planet's core meaning to some extent, even a supposedly harsh transit can be mitigated or not even felt. We tend to get T-boned by transits when the planet/s symbolize an energy that we avoid, suppress, or manifest in its more negative manifestations. Another truism is that we have choices about how we manifest a planet's energies, whether positively or negatively.

Truism? Really? Is that really "true" Waybread? I would substitute "truism" with "theory" or "philosophy." That's how I see it.

So knowing the upcoming transits and progressions, hopefully you can suggest to your brother some helpful and empowering ways to manifest them. If he can do this, it should take the edge off of feeling blind-sided by whatever the heavens dish out at the moment.

I have. Stay away from certain places he frequents at that time, which are known to be hazardous to one's health. I told him to refrain from shopping in dumpsters. :lol: Just kiddin' As a part-time job, he works at a public library, so I believe that will be where he acquires a microscopic Godzilla.

Also, no planet is in the heavens just to hurt us (to paraphrase Steven Forrest.) They can all serve as teachers if we are receptive to their lessons.

Sure. I agree But that's beside the point and is operating under the supposition that I claimed that a planet is there just to hurt us. I never said any such thing. So either you are saying this to the public pedantically or you want me to commit to such a belief. The point is not that a planet is in the heavens just to hurt us but that a planet can hurt us.

Part of the reason why I asked if your brother were in a fragile state and my comment about normally "robust" people, is that I don't see a lot of hugely difficult stuff upcoming, other than the aforementioned Pluto transit which, these days, is also linked to its Uranus square. Anybody with planets or angles getting hit by these two planets is liable to feel it!

Hmmm. That is a mystery. I'm not sure what method you are using or how far you have looked, but the elements are there, I assure you. I know my astrology very well, and despite the abridged rendition I provided in an earlier post (which once was quoted out of context), I might post a visual representation of what I see. Sometimes visuals help clarify the nuances better than mere words, so I might just post it. I currently am more interested not in discussing my method but whether I am accurate, remotely accurate or wrong. There are not any major complexes activated, so that's a good sign. After the posts I thought that I might have jumped the gun but I have now gone back to my original prediction, which is (1) either a life decision is made, which I anticipate will be enrolling in a university or (2) he is struck with a wicked flu. (It very well could be both.) That's where I am laying my money. The major configurations for something major occurring doesn't seem to be there, though I did entertain that idea on occasion (accident, etc.)

With his Pluto square sun, I think your brother is much in touch with Plutonian energies. Pluto can be an energy of "dominate or be dominated" so it can appear in people's lives as bullies and ruthless forces beyond our control.

I can give you feedback on this. There was a time in my brother's life, when he was in secondary school, that he was bullied. I wouldn't make note of it except for the fact that it ruined school for him and probably left a few scars. He stopped being so gregarious after that, at least with strangers.

The moon represents one's emotional state, which can be gloomier at this time. It also represents one's mother, so if she is in the picture, just realize that your brother may find it difficult to be realistic about her. He may find her domineering or unreasonable at this time. It doesn't mean she is so, just that his moods will likely veer in this direction. The moon also gives one's home, so this might just be a good time to tackle those renos!

:lol: Sounds good. I'll have him read this. I wonder if that is the situation. Will be interesting to find out. What are renos, by the way?

Uranus is the planet of sudden upsets, but it is also the great liberator. Uranus asks us to get out of a rut and explore new ways of being ourselves.

Transiting Mars is also a planet of sudden upsets, but because its transits go more quickly, usually we can see him coming, and then make a special effort just to stay out of arguments or physically dangerous situations for a few days.

The problem here, however, is that Mars is about to go retrograde, so its going to play a stronger role than normal. And for anyone reading, keep a look out for Mars these coming months and make sure its not hitting any complexes.

Progressed Saturn hitting natal Uranus can be a time of frustration, because it asks us to temper our natural self-liberating potentials with a huge dose of reality-checking. But taken in this light, it can be a good maturational process.

Transiting Jupiter in the 10th house looks like a winner.

Yes. That is good. That's one of the reasons why I thought this situation might manifest in his enrolling at a university. It's what I am hoping for, if it's what he wants to do, of course.

Neptune-Chiron in the 6th house of health can make someone susceptable to health issues that are difficult to diagnose. So this is a good time for your brother to build up his immune system, and cut back on any alcohol or drug use, because Neptune rules these substances. With Chiron opposing Jupiter, the good luck factor would be dampened somewhat. More positively, if he's a swimmer, Neptune might just help him do those laps as part of a fitness program.

You see, Waybread. This is why I like this. I like your reading so far. You took your time, which is something I don't do often because I have this issue now that if I am writing (which feels like working to me) and I am not getting paid, I feel as if I am waisting my time. But to the point, I like your reading because you go about it differently than I. You look at it from a differing perspective, under a different light, and it is just as valid, despite its slight dissimilarity. Fundamentally, you synthesize differently than I. I appreciate that.

Whenever people are fearful about upcoming transits, however, I always think it is helpful to (a) get ahead of the curve by working on and manifesting empowering interpretations; and (b) to realize that millions of people are born with these placements, and somehow their lives work out OK.

And sometimes they don't. People are always dying. People are always suffering. That person who smiles at you in the day may, hours later, bury her face in a pillow and weep in despair. Hospital visits are so numerous that the health care system is under severe strain all the time, and that alone should tell you that lives work out with many bumps and tragedies along the way. So, the response to that statement is that there are millions of people born whose lives don't work out.

Some do and some do not. That is life.

I hope this helps. I wasn't trying to be flippant in my initial response.

Definitely. And thank you again. :happy:

Cypocryphy

The moon will be square transiting mars just before full moon on wednesday, which will be conjunct his sun. I would be on guard for violence and accidents, especially since he has a natal mars-moon conjunction in the 1st (anger over libra issues). It helps if you can identify potentially dangerous or explosive situations and take extra precaution.

I don't think anything happened there. I can definitely say nothing major. At the most, he might have stubbed his toe or something along those lines. I'll have to ask, but he told me that no accidents or violence occurred.

The uranus-pluto square is working its way toward his AC/MC ruler, mercury, over the next year. The squares will align exactly with his mercury in may of next year. It looks like this would have more to do with 10th house issues (public reputation).

I'll keep a look out. It sounds like a change in career direction, but I hope he doesn't wait that long.

In april, the grand cross between mars-jupiter-uranus-pluto will be in his angular houses as well as within 2 degrees of AC/MC ruler. However, the balanced nature of the crosses tend to create mostly internal tension due to blocked actions. In group interactions you see a lot of arguments without action.

There is also a lunar eclipse on april that will be exactly square to sun. The last lunar eclipse was at the same degree in aries, so maybe that might offer some clues. Both eclipses are targeting the financial houses. In fact, the solar eclipse in april is also targeting the 8th house.

I'll keep a look out.

Do you fear a meltdown from financial pressures?

There was a day or two that I did but not anymore. But that's more for myself. :lol:

Cypocryphy

The moon represents one's emotional state, which can be gloomier at this time. It also represents one's mother, so if she is in the picture, just realize that your brother may find it difficult to be realistic about her. He may find her domineering or unreasonable at this time. It doesn't mean she is so, just that his moods will likely veer in this direction. The moon also gives one's home, so this might just be a good time to tackle those renos!

My brother just got back to me about this, and he says that our mother is not domineering toward him or being unreasonable at this time. He says, "It doesn't fit."

Cypocryphy

Then try the other interpretations of the moon, please!

I pressed him some more, and he said that he has been gloomier lately. He's taken some time off from his work, so that could qualify as being more active domestically. (Latter is my own observation.) [He's a man of few words when it comes to himself, so this is all I got.]

I think I'm going to make a timeline of my observations, so I can give better feedback.

I'll respond to others' predictions later. I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but I'm all about feedback (probably said that enough already :lol:).

Cypocryphy

Virgo Saturn on his ascendant along with Jupiter in the 12th could result in excessive nervous tension, or could even manifest as digestive problems (or both). That Saturn conj. ascendant may also have let him deny or avoid emotional introspection in the past, which may be why this moon/mars/Uranus configuration can manifest as a lot to deal with.

Boom! :biggrin: This is so true. I think this is one of the reasons he avoids stressful situations, events, etc. His nerves get the better of him. Too sensitive. (I was just reading the posts again and reflecting.)

Cypocryphy

I do not usually read 3rd party charts but, in this case I made an exception.

I don't know whether I thank you for this, but if did not then "thank you."

The chart was a bit deceiving, if you took a quick look, you might not see much. It was only after I started looking in greater attention to detail that the configurations became more visible.

Starting with the transits

-Pluto is currently transiting in the 4th house of endings and of the home. It has been in this house for awhile so the disruptions associated with Pluto entering or leaving houses has already been felt. What is left is the angles it will make as it is passing through. It has already made an angle to the Moon which happens to be in the 1st house and this would have been a challenging angle being felt directly. Pluto occupies the 2nd house so would have been a money issue and since Pluto is now in the 4th, it would have affected the home. Pluto rules the 3rd house so it would have brought either siblings or neighbors into this equation. It could have been a move as 3rd can be associated with location. Moon rules the 11th and likely has a connection with a friendship that went sour during this time.

Marinka. This is true. I persuaded my brother to invest in something that didn't pan out. This event occurred approximately at the time that you delineated. He's not upset about it, but it did hurt his financial standing. As for issues at the home, nothing remarkable has occurred or did occur, unless one considers problems (health) with a family member (who happens to not live in the house that he does).

- Pluto next angle is to Mercury in the 10th house and Mercury rules the 10th. This will be a challenging angle is that it consist of opposition and/or confrontations. Status in the world would be impacted here and that is lokely in conjunction with "work". It may be that his ideals (3rd) are not consistent with the workplace. This is not a quick angle, it forms over many months and usually occurs 3 times.

I have not seeing anything that resembles this in his life. This could be the growing issue that he knows that he has to change his career/work situation but is reluctant to do so. This is a point of confusion for him.

- Neptune is transiting in Pisces and it puts it in the 6th house. Neptune would have moved into this house over the past few years and as such, I would have expected some illness/heath issue as it was passing in. Either that or an interest in alternative medicines/therapies. Neptune at 4 degrees will be making and inc angle to Mars (ruler of 8th) in the 1st. This particular configuration might suggest a sickness but, this will be the 3rd pass over as it has already done it twice. So if there was a matter of concern, that particular matter is resolving. Neptune rules the 7th so it brings the matter of the spouse into this particular house.

My brother has been particularly resilient to any health issue. We both succumbed to the Sydney Norovirus approximately a year ago, I receiving the worst of it. Other than that and the occasional cold, he has had one, no health issues and two, no interest in healing or anything of that nature.

- Uranus is transiting Aries and that put it in opposition to the Moon and will be in opposition to Mars. Uranus has already made 2 passes over Mars and as such, it is coming in for it's last pass and this matter will conclude. This particular angle could result in accidents and such and since Mars rules the 8th, could result in surgery - but that would have been in the past. Uranus is also inc to Jupiter (rules 4th) but that aspect is also on it's last pass. Uranus will be moving to square Mercury this year and that could result in unexpected accidents - so extra care required operating machinery or cars/bikes. I'm not seeing any other angle at the same time of the Uranus/mercury but, you might want to check that carefully - I may have missed something.

I'm going to look at this right now because something interesting just happened. Right now, we have :uranus: in :aries: partile :opposition: :libra: :moon: from the seventh to the first house, respectively. :uranus: is ruled by :mars: in the 2nd house of personal property and the :moon: is ruled by :venus: in the fourth. At this very moment of partility (new word), my brother's electronic equipment fried from a branch falling outside on a power line, causing an electrical surge (opposition), when melted over $1,000 worth of electronic equipment in his home (Uranus to Moon with the 2nd and 4th houses involved).

- Saturn (ruler 5th) is coming up to conjunct Uranus (ruler of 6th) which is occurring in the 3rd house this indicates a 5th house items such as children/gambling possibly resulting in work/heath concerns. Trans Saturn also just crossed over into the 3rd house - this might indicate problems with siblings. Saturn is in trine angle to the sun which fortifies the physical/mental energy with stamina & strength so this would be a positive. Sun rules the 12th so if there is any indication of heath issues, with the saturn trine, over time the matters would resolve.

I am his sibling, so I will continue to pay attention to this in case there is some delayed effect. :smile: I'm going in for a physical soon, so there might be a surprise. As of now, however, I cannot say that this resembles any particular event, internally or externally. My brother does not gamble except with lottery tickets, and he does not have children, unless one considers his dogs as his children.

- Jupiter is moving to conjunct the sun later this year and that is positive energy. Jupiter rules the 4th of endings/home and sun is the 12 ruler. This would be a positive indicator that any heath concerns would have the ability to resolve in a positive fashion. Jupiter is moving to square Pluto and in this case, Pluto rules the 3rd and Jupiter is the 4th. This is not the first indication of a 3rd house matter siblings/communication and in this case being impacted by Jupiter ruling endings/home.

That would be me. :lol: I'll have to see how this unfolds. This will occur at approximately/around the summer solstice. I will keep you informed.

On the progression -

moon moves into 4th - concentration on home/endings
sun moving into 12th - concentration on hidden dealings/hospitals/inner strength

The planet being angled this year is Mercury and since I use all the planets including Chiron, Mercury rules only the 10th. Mercury has the square from Uranus and the opp from Pluto but, it will also have the conjunction from Jupiter (although passing). The sun, with the trine from Saturn, is relatively strong.

I'm not sure where your concern is coming from while some of these upcoming angles will be challenging, there are other angles that hold some promise. Of course, I may have missed some angles in the chart or some other nuance.

Sure. I can show you what I am seeing. And for the benefit of others who have missed what I saw, I shall post a graphic. Sometimes astrology can be difficult, and for those that might be having some difficulty (not saying that you are), a graphic is often sufficiently explanatory. I know tsmall scratched her head for awhile, so the following post should help clarify. I looked at primary and secondary directions, as well as progressions, along with transits, but I will only give an example of the solar arcs.

Anyway, thanks again, and I will follow-up at the appointed time with further information.

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

Profections--10th house to the ASC. Of course this will be highlighted, and in the SR chart Mercury is in Cancer, in aversion to the MC. In the SR chart, there is no planet that can translate Mercury's light to the MC, so this will have the effect of making him feel out of control over the 10th, hesitant to make a decision (which is reenforced by the natal Mars position) because he can't see where it will lead.

Good point. That's an apt interpretation. :smile: P.S. Sorry for the delay in the reply. I meant to do this ages ago but needed to stay away from the forums because of "procrastination" issues. This places is awesome for procrastinating. :lol:

Ok, but...SR Jupiter has passed the square to natal Mars. So, not an issue. SR Mars is applying to a square with natal Mars, and natal Mars is the exaltation ruler of natal 5, however Mars is not activated in this year's chart. Natal Mars is in the 1st house, but the second sign. That's a big difference. What is really huge is that SR Jupiter is exalted and in JOY! Hello? All will be well and all will be well and all manner of things will be well.

Okay. But I'm not sold on profections, and there is more than one way to determine which planets are activated at this particular point in time. But I respect your method (and everyone else's too), so thank you for that! :joyful:

What is tough and likely causing some mood issues/grappling with life's destiny is that Saturn is activated this year, and Saturn sits on the natal ASC. The dynamic between natal Moon square Mercury, translating the light from Mars to Mercury, and Mercury applying to Saturn is highlighted this year. When did his "dark mood" begin? Because Jupiter retrograde ran headlong into Saturn back in December, and that happened pretty close to natal Mercury, as well as in aspect to the ASC.

I don't know. To be honest, I think it's always been there, since junior high. :lol: I think it's the issue of having a t-square with Saturn the focal point, conjunct the ascendant. It made a permanent dark mood. ha ha.

You mentioned a CPA career change, and I would agree from the chart that it looks promising as such. I just wonder if your brother is feeling compelled by external forces to do this (like his life is being planned or directed for him rather than by him) and so while it likely would be a good move, he needs to come to that conclusion for himself rather than feel like he's being driven to it?

He's lost. He is being compelled but he has to do something other than what he's doing. It's kind of like us and having a hobby. As much as we like/love astrology, we can just sit at home casting charts all day. He's not an astrologer, but his job is just not going to cut it. He can't live doing the work he does. He's doing it now because of family support, but that can't last forever. I was hoping that he'd be an accountant (or something) already, so he can assist me in purchasing some property.

SR Mars applying to Jupiter is a non starter. It may cause small annonyances, since Mars is in fall, but Jupiter is more than equipped to deal with them. Retrograde now, it could be a case of "oh, let me make life difficult for you" one day and the next "oops, sorry, that wasn't what I meant to do." As in problems crop up that seem way off the map in bigness, but are almost immediately resolved, even with a bit of head shaking involved.

I'll have to get back to you on this one. I'm not sure what he's going to do, but the spring is the magic season for him. He'll be compelled to make a move then (my prognostication).

Please remember, benefics in the 12th will help mitigate the negative connotations of the 12th.

Sure. But that depends on how you are reading the chart, as either the planet itself or as a significator, a representative of a house. Remember: planets carry many rolls, from general signification to more detailed significations by sign association, dignity, aspects, etc.

Me either. I'm heartend that you said this, waybread, because I've been scratching my head for hours wondering what the heck I'm missing.

Scratch your head no more, tsmall. I made it easy for you to see what I'm seeing.

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

I analyzed numerous methods, as was seen previously. I did a graphic of one method, however, to make it easier to see what it is that I am talking about. The other methods each reflect a similar theme. Here, however, I used secondary directions.

BrothersAnalysis.png

Vulcan

Don't take it the wrong way, but what I got out of it is his astrologer brother (Uranus in the 3rd) beginning to worry and pester him...