Difference between Pisces moon and moon in the 12th

obsidianmineral

:moon: in :pisces: is different to a :moon: in the 12th house, since the first case shows how the :moon: acts, while the other one speaks of where it acts. The :moon: in :pisces: shows high emotional sensitivity, mixed-up feelings, idleness or laziness as a result of these emotions, feeling pity for others, etc.

The :moon: in the 12th house would put the nature of the man or woman's feelings, emotional receptiveness, their feelings of security and peace in places where fear and anxiety resides.

Everything I said is general, considering all I said could change completely in a person's chart, since all of the planets have to be considered at once.

katydid

I agree with what Obsidian says above. Signs are how one acts and houses are the location, etc.

However, they definitions do overlap sometimes. And the Moon in Pisces can be very similar to a 12th House Moon.

The Moon in Pisces MAY denote a patient, compassionate, serene and highly spiritual person.

The Moon in the 12th MIGHT indicate the need for solitude, peaceful serene surroundings, and the tendency to hang out in churches, hospitals and natural settings.

david starling

Pisces "owns" the 12th House, and is greatly energized by emotion, which is why the Moon is involved. Moonris3, any chance you could list the musicians with Pisces Moons? Glad to see you're continuing with your study of Charts relative to the field of music!

obsidianmineral

Traditionally speaking, it's a bad omen to have a Moon in the 12th house. I see the Moon as the part of every human being that needs love, that needs peace and to be nurtured. It reminds me of meditation and relaxation techniques, especially because you're supposed to let good energies into your soul while you're meditating.

You know, when I think about the Moon, I can't help but to think about my past and about love. So, what I've been thinking is that the Moon is a planet that feels like, umm, sitting on a shore, late at night, where there's nobody but you and your memories, knowing that they are forever going to be a part of you and they're always going to affect your feelings. Such a peaceful scenario.

The Moon may just be my favorite planet.

I think I now get why the Moon's place in the zodiac is Cancer. The Moon represents where we find peace and happiness within our memories, and those memories can only provide happiness if they're in a cardinal sign such as Cancer, where a hard shell protects a soft memory (the crab)

Attachments

• moon_over_water_by_basujo-d5rame3.jpg
    moon_over_water_by_basujo-d5rame3.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 31
  • damoon.jpg
    damoon.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

obsidianmineral

Why in the world would anyone think that? Unless the Moon was also under attack from Saturn, and/or had to share H12 with Saturn. :crying:

According to the traditional sources, any planet in the 12th is bad. The 12th house invades the planet with its worst fears, it truly is a place where danger lurks, where bad spirits are conspiring against the native.

david starling

According to the traditional sources, any planet in the 12th is bad. The 12th house invades the planet with its worst fears, it truly is a place where danger lurks, where bad spirits are conspiring against the native.

Aha! Since I consider H12 the "House of Imagination", which is a very important area of life for those with H12 placements (Moon especially), I can only surmise that, regarding H12, the Traditional opinions that have survived were those of Astrologers who had Saturnian-influenced problems with their own imaginations, and projected their doubts and fears onto the House itself.

obsidianmineral

Aha! Since I consider H12 the "House of Imagination", which is a very important area of life for those with H12 placements (Moon especially), I can only surmise that, regarding H12, the Traditional opinions that have survived were those of Astrologers who had Saturnian-influenced problems with their own imaginations, and projected their doubts and fears onto the House itself.

I'm not a modern astrologer okay?

You're entitled to your own opinion.

Traditionally speaking, the 12th house is "sad events, sorrow, anguish of mind, tribulation, captivity, imprisonment, persecution, hard labour, all manner of affliction and self-undoing".

While the actual house of dreams would be the 9th house.

9th house: "Dreams, visions, inspired thoughts, divination, astrology, mysticism, philosophy, beliefs; the desire to unite with something greater than oneself. Religion and clergy of any kind. Affairs of the church.
Books, learning, wisdom, scholarships, university, and all forms of higher education."

david starling

Traditionally speaking, the 12th house is "sad events, sorrow, anguish of mind, tribulation, captivity, imprisonment, persecution, hard labour, all manner of affliction and self-undoing".

9th house: "Dreams, visions, inspired thoughts, divination, astrology, mysticism, philosophy, beliefs; the desire to unite with something greater than oneself. Religion and clergy of any kind. Affairs of the church.
Books, learning, wisdom, scholarships, university, and all forms of higher education."

You're certainly entitled to your Imaginations! :biggrin: Good rapport between H9 and H12 is essential to a good 12th House environment. H9 has structure and guidance when it comes to dreams and visions. But in the H12 realm of pure imagination, you're pretty much on your own. Not everyone can handle that, and if you can't swim, deep water is hazardous!

Last edited:
[Deleted attacking comment. - Moderator] i had the exact same question as @emotionalaquarius. i am learning astrology and while not a PRO… i do have the emotional sensitivity, receptiveness and expansive love feeling that a piscis moon emanates. my moon is cancer in the 12th so whilst remaining secretive and mysterious, and elusive at times gotta say, i remain extremely day dreaming and empathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

david starling

Religion and clergy, like the Inquisition, and the 100 Years War between Catholics and Protestants? The burning of "heretics" and "witches"? The radical Jihadist terrorists? The 9th may be a bed of roses, but the thorns are included.

The 12th is about Imagination and Compassion, unless it's very badly aspected.

Last edited:

david starling

so
The image of the Fishes aka PISCES is feminine, nocturnal

Because of the directions of the Fishes, PISCES is changeable, restless

Domicile of Jupiter, exaltation of Venus, depression of Mercury

is connected with:

12th House Main Rulerships :)
The 12th house represents matters that are hidden, restrained, secret, incapable of action
or of being fully understood.
Traditionally, 12th is a wholly unfortunate house, associated with sad events, sorrow,
anguish of mind, tribulation, captivity, imprisonment, persecution, hard labour,
all manner of affliction and self-undoing.
12th represents places that are denied access to public view,
particularly those concerned with seclusion or isolation,
or where one is restricted from living a carefree life-style, such as institutions or prisons.

12th has rulership over scandals generally, personal fears and skeletons in the family closet.

Bibliography:
Ludwich, A. (Ed.). (1877). Maximi et Ammonis carminum De actionum auspiciis reliquiae:
accedunt Anecdota astrologica. BG Teubneri. Retrieved from https://archive.org/details/maximietammonisc00ludw/page/n3
Manilius, & Goold, G. P. (1985). Astronomica. BG Teubner.
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London.
Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Schmidt, R. The Astrological Record of the Early Greek Sages. Project Hindsight.
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from
https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

Good Trad explanation!

JUPITERASC

Hi, I have moon in Pisces and I was just wondering what the difference was
this thread is on our GENERAL BOARD which hosts all perspectives :)
so
The image of the Fishes aka PISCES is feminine, nocturnal

Because of the directions of the Fishes, PISCES is changeable, restless

Domicile of Jupiter, exaltation of Venus, depression of Mercury

is connected with:

12th House Main Rulerships
The 12th house represents matters that are hidden, restrained, secret, incapable of action
or of being fully understood.
Traditionally, 12th is a wholly unfortunate house, associated with sad events, sorrow,
anguish of mind, tribulation, captivity, imprisonment, persecution, hard labour,
all manner of affliction and self-undoing.
12th represents places that are denied access to public view,
particularly those concerned with seclusion or isolation,
or where one is restricted from living a carefree life-style, such as institutions or prisons.

12th has rulership over scandals generally, personal fears and skeletons in the family closet.

Bibliography:
Ludwich, A. (Ed.). (1877). Maximi et Ammonis carminum De actionum auspiciis reliquiae:
accedunt Anecdota astrologica. BG Teubneri. Retrieved from https://archive.org/details/maximietammonisc00ludw/page/n3
Manilius, & Goold, G. P. (1985). Astronomica. BG Teubner.
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London.
Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Schmidt, R. The Astrological Record of the Early Greek Sages. Project Hindsight.
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from
https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettiu

AstrologyMangalBhawan

Astrology and the influence of planets have a deep impact on our lives, and the Moon has an important place in it. There are 12 houses in astrology, and one of these houses is the twelfth house, which is also called the ascendant house. The placement of Moon in the twelfth house is important in a person's life and it has a deep impact on the personal, professional and social life of the person.

Importance of twelfth house:
In astrology, the twelfth house works to reveal every aspect of a person's life. The Moon's placement in this house can impact a person's self-image, destiny, family, friends, financial status, and health. The placement of the Moon in the twelfth house of Pisces can produce various types of results in a person's life, which are important to study.

Moon in Pisces:
The Moon in Pisces reveals the qualities and tendencies of a person based on its transit and position in the horoscope. The Moon's position in Pisces has special significance, because Pisces is the original sign of the leader Jupiter. This means that the Moon situated in Pisces is seen in the form of wealth and abundance.

Difference of Moon in Pisces in twelfth house:

Self-image and individuality:
The placement of the Moon in Pisces in the twelfth house can impact the person's self-image and individuality. It can make a person communicative, intelligent and generous. They are able to express their thoughts and feelings well.

Family and Friends: The placement of Moon in Pisces in the twelfth house can lead to good relations with family and friends. Individuals are dedicated to their family and friends and always cooperate with them.

Financial condition: The placement of the Moon in the twelfth house of Pisces can affect the financial condition of the person. In this position the Moon can act as a source of financial happiness and can provide success to the person in attaining wealth.

Health: The placement of Moon in Pisces in the twelfth house can also affect health. A person should take proper care of physical and mental health so that they can live a healthy and happy life.

The placement of the Moon in the twelfth house of Pisces can have a deep impact on these aspects of a person's life. To understand this, one should study one's horoscope and consult an expert astrologer. It can clarify the path to happiness, struggle, and success in their life and help them move in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator: