Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

Ever watched the movie The Prestige? Check it out. Stage magicians know what they are doing, a contingent of them do not respect the intelligence of their spectators and of course there are dupes that really want to believe. Others don't take people for idiots, hence why I like Penn & Teller. Check them out if you haven't already.

david starling

Longest post I've ever seen you written, David. Something struck me about the rulership you have accorded to Sagittarius - in esoteric astrology the esoteric ruler for the sign is The Earth. The materializing of the inspiration/aspiration in one's practical life seems to be the way to go for the Sagittarius, if its to reach its highest potentials.

http://www.mermaid-uk.net/Esotericrulerships.htm

What's your view on that?

I'm bookmarking it for further review. But, if you think about it, the Ascendant, which is Domicile-ruler of Sagittarius in 12/12, does involve the Earth, because it's at the intersection of the apparent path of the Sun with the Earth's Eastern horizon in any given location. For example, in Heliocentric coordinates, there is no Ascendant--you have to be located on the Earth, in Earth-centered coordinates, for that.
In 12/12, the Earth, as represented by the Age-indicator, is Exalted-ruler of Sagittarius. So the tropical Age of Sagittarius was an Exalted Age. Hard for an astrologer to argue it wasn't, since astrology as we know it one of its major results. :biggrin:

SunConjunctUranus

Appriciate it, conspiracy. Keep read, study, and vigilantly practice. I think you would be a good magician in these regions, and robbing their pockets, thus getting rich. However though, David is far different, his tricks (ie: eating a glass) are some kind of Wicca with the help of Saturn. Are there any relations between these rituals and magic tricks?

conspiracy theorist

The kinds of "magic as tricks" school branched off and became independent from the spiritualised forms of magic in the late 16th century. Yet we know that sensationalism sells, so Blaine will play up the occult angle for the drama factor, and hence more eyes on his act/shenanigans.

david starling

Longest post I've ever seen you written, David. Something struck me about the rulership you have accorded to Sagittarius - in esoteric astrology the esoteric ruler for the sign is The Earth. The materializing of the inspiration/aspiration in one's practical life seems to be the way to go for the Sagittarius, if its to reach its highest potentials.

http://www.mermaid-uk.net/Esotericrulerships.htm

What's your view on that?

Lot of explaining to do, and it's a fine line between overdoing it and underdoing it. Just as a sort of mosaic, it looks kinda nice with all those Planet and Sign symbols sprinkled through it. :biggrin:

david starling

One of the 1st steps in making 12/12 an accessible addition to standard, well-known Modernistic techniques, is explaining the Domicile-rulers. Because, they form the framework for everything that follows.
That aside, accepting the Domicile-rulers as they are for now, here's why the :moon: is the Motivational-ruler of :pisces: in the 12/12 pattern. For the short version, see the *** designation below.

•Basic premise: The Signs are in transition in Direct-order, one to the next.
•In this case, :pisces: is Mutable-Water transitioning to :aries:, Cardinal-Fire. Starting with the Modality, the transition occurs with a "Facilitating-sign" which has the Modality of :pisces:, and the Element of the Sign into which it will transform, in this case, Fire. That gives :sagittarius:, Mutable-Fire, as the "Facilitator".
•Next, in this case, the combination of the Element of the Sign in transition, Water, and the Modality of the Sign into which it will transform, Cardinal, gives :cancer:, Cardinal-Water, the role of "Catalytic-sign", regarding the changeover from :pisces: to :aries:.
•Now, bringing in the Domicle-rulers of the Facilitating-sign, :sagittarius:, and the Catalytic-sign, :cancer:, there's a major change in 12/12 regarding only 3 Modernistic Domicile-rulers, and that of :sagittarius: is one of them. In 12/12, it's Domicle-ruler is "Apollo's Triangle", comprising the visible portion of the Heavens. Its indicating-points are the Asc, M.C., and Desc, with the leading point, the Asc, as first and foremost. So, the Ascendant, associated with the Greco-Roman god Apollo, is the operative Domicle-ruler of the Facilitating-sign for :pisces:.
•This makes (Apollo's) Ascendant, as Domicile-ruler of the Facilitating-sign :sagittarius:, the "Regulating-ruler" of :pisces:. It pushes for the slow-to-transform, Mutable-Water-sign, to keep transtioning. In other cases, the Regulating-ruler slows down the rate of transition. The actual rate of transit of each Domicle-ruler correlates to whether a Regulating-ruler is about slowing down, or speeding up the process of transformation. :neptune:, Domicle-ruler of :pisces:, is MUCH slower to transit a Sign than it's Regulating-ruler, the Ascendant, so it's definitely a hurry-it-up relationship.
•Now, bring in the Domicle-ruler of the Catalytic-sign, which in this case is the :moon:. The :moon: is the Motivational-ruler of :pisces:, because it's Domiciled in the Catalytic-sign for :pisces:, which is :cancer:.
•The Motivational-ruler, as well as the Catalytic-sign, are "in-Service" to the Regulating-ruler, which is thereby able to either encourage or discourage transformation.
•For each transitional, transformative grouping of Signs and their Domicile-rulers, there's an interrelationship within the group. The Exalted-ruler of a Catalytic-sign = the Domicile-ruler of the Facilitating-sign it's paired with.
•For example, to find the Exalted-ruler of :pisces: in 12/12, we go to the transition of Fixed-Water, :scorpio:, to Mutable-Fire, :sagittarius:. Here, we have the :sun: as Regulating-ruler, since it's Domiciled in Fixed (like :scorpio:) Fire (like :sagittarius:);, and :neptune: as Motivational-ruler, since it's Domicle-ruler of Mutable (like :sagittarius:) Water (like :scorpio:). That makes :pisces: AND its own Domicle-ruler :neptune:, in-Service to the :sun:, and therefore the :sun: is Exalted in :pisces:. The Regulating-ruler of :scorpio:, the :sun:, is much faster in transiting a Sign than :pluto:, so its a hurry-it-up influence.
•To find the Benefactory-ruler of a Sign, it's just the reverse of determining the Exalted-ruler. In the first example given, the transformative group for :pisces: is Asc/:sagittarius: as Regulator/Facilitator, and :moon:/:cancer: as Motivator/Catalyst.
With Catalytic :cancer: in-Service to (Apollo's) Asc as this grouping's Regulator, the Asc is Exalted in :cancer:. And, with the Domicle-ruler of :cancer:, the :moon:, as the Motivator, in-Service to the Facilitator, :sagittarius:, the :moon: in :sagittarius: is a Benefactor.

Just wanted to see what it looks like as a humongous quote. :lol:

david starling

4gotten, here's another way of explaining Moon as Motivational-ruler of Pisces--the Moon is Domicile-ruler of the Sign with the key-word "Feelings" , also written as "I feel". Pisces is most motivated by how it feels.

Ukpoohbear

David, what house is your Gemini NN in? And Forgotten Warrior is you see this.

I was just reading about it on a website. It can mean living two lifetimes in one lifetime, I guess by having two different set of major circumstances happening. Or it can mean that two souls merge into one in the next lifetime, which is an interesting concept. I hadn’t thought of the idea of two souls merging in to one but actually explains the two opposing forces in my own chart lol I have like a princess wnd a warrior fighting against each other.

david starling

I was just reading about it on a website. It can mean living two lifetimes in one lifetime, I guess by having two different set of major circumstances happening. Or it can mean that two souls merge into one in the next lifetime, which is an interesting concept. I hadn’t thought of the idea of two souls merging in to one but actually explains the two opposing forces in my own chart lol I have like a princess wnd a warrior fighting against each other.

H4 in Whole-sign, which I believe is the correct House system for me, personally.

Ukpoohbear

H4 in Whole-sign, which I believe is the correct House system for me, personally.

It basically says that for any NN 4th person that your family has always been a major concern for you, this can be a good or bad thing depending on what kind of influence the more dominant parent had, signifies by the SN. But NN 4th’s goal is to get better at communication and this will be greatly influenced by the teachings from your most dominant parent.

Without looking at the ruler of your SN, I can tell your dominant parent instilled in you the Good Samaritan views of Christianity and right and wrong but if the teachings suffocate the child then SN Sag would just run away and explore but then Gem NN pulls you back and gets you to work on your communication.

Well, it seems, you have to write about 12/12 now!

http://beyondthestarsastrology.com/2014/07/13/analysis-of-the-4th-house10th-house-nodal-axis-through-the-signs/

Forgotten Warrior

One of the 1st steps in making 12/12 an accessible addition to standard, well-known Modernistic techniques, is explaining the Domicile-rulers. Because, they form the framework for everything that follows.
That aside, accepting the Domicile-rulers as they are for now, here's why the :moon: is the Motivational-ruler of :pisces: in the 12/12 pattern. For the short version, see the *** designation below.

•Basic premise: The Signs are in transition in Direct-order, one to the next.
•In this case, :pisces: is Mutable-Water transitioning to :aries:, Cardinal-Fire. Starting with the Modality, the transition occurs with a "Facilitating-sign" which has the Modality of :pisces:, and the Element of the Sign into which it will transform, in this case, Fire. That gives :sagittarius:, Mutable-Fire, as the "Facilitator".
•Next, in this case, the combination of the Element of the Sign in transition, Water, and the Modality of the Sign into which it will transform, Cardinal, gives :cancer:, Cardinal-Water, the role of "Catalytic-sign", regarding the changeover from :pisces: to :aries:.
•Now, bringing in the Domicle-rulers of the Facilitating-sign, :sagittarius:, and the Catalytic-sign, :cancer:, there's a major change in 12/12 regarding only 3 Modernistic Domicile-rulers, and that of :sagittarius: is one of them. In 12/12, it's Domicle-ruler is "Apollo's Triangle", comprising the visible portion of the Heavens. Its indicating-points are the Asc, M.C., and Desc, with the leading point, the Asc, as first and foremost. So, the Ascendant, associated with the Greco-Roman god Apollo, is the operative Domicle-ruler of the Facilitating-sign for :pisces:.
•This makes (Apollo's) Ascendant, as Domicile-ruler of the Facilitating-sign :sagittarius:, the "Regulating-ruler" of :pisces:. It pushes for the slow-to-transform, Mutable-Water-sign, to keep transtioning. In other cases, the Regulating-ruler slows down the rate of transition. The actual rate of transit of each Domicle-ruler correlates to whether a Regulating-ruler is about slowing down, or speeding up the process of transformation. :neptune:, Domicle-ruler of :pisces:, is MUCH slower to transit a Sign than it's Regulating-ruler, the Ascendant, so it's definitely a hurry-it-up relationship.
•Now, bring in the Domicle-ruler of the Catalytic-sign, which in this case is the :moon:. The :moon: is the Motivational-ruler of :pisces:, because it's Domiciled in the Catalytic-sign for :pisces:, which is :cancer:.
•The Motivational-ruler, as well as the Catalytic-sign, are "in-Service" to the Regulating-ruler, which is thereby able to either encourage or discourage transformation.
•For each transitional, transformative grouping of Signs and their Domicile-rulers, there's an interrelationship within the group. The Exalted-ruler of a Catalytic-sign = the Domicile-ruler of the Facilitating-sign it's paired with.
•For example, to find the Exalted-ruler of :pisces: in 12/12, we go to the transition of Fixed-Water, :scorpio:, to Mutable-Fire, :sagittarius:. Here, we have the :sun: as Regulating-ruler, since it's Domiciled in Fixed (like :scorpio:) Fire (like :sagittarius:);, and :neptune: as Motivational-ruler, since it's Domicle-ruler of Mutable (like :sagittarius:) Water (like :scorpio:). That makes :pisces: AND its own Domicle-ruler :neptune:, in-Service to the :sun:, and therefore the :sun: is Exalted in :pisces:. The Regulating-ruler of :scorpio:, the :sun:, is much faster in transiting a Sign than :pluto:, so its a hurry-it-up influence.
•To find the Benefactory-ruler of a Sign, it's just the reverse of determining the Exalted-ruler. In the first example given, the transformative group for :pisces: is Asc/:sagittarius: as Regulator/Facilitator, and :moon:/:cancer: as Motivator/Catalyst.
With Catalytic :cancer: in-Service to (Apollo's) Asc as this grouping's Regulator, the Asc is Exalted in :cancer:. And, with the Domicle-ruler of :cancer:, the :moon:, as the Motivator, in-Service to the Facilitator, :sagittarius:, the :moon: in :sagittarius: is a Benefactor.
Thank you so much,I understand now!

Forgotten Warrior

I practically feel the same,and that is hugely related to how I need to connect with others(NN in 7th),because I tend to be self-reliable.

david starling

It basically says that for any NN 4th person that your family has always been a major concern for you, this can be a good or bad thing depending on what kind of influence the more dominant parent had, signifies by the SN. But NN 4th’s goal is to get better at communication and this will be greatly influenced by the teachings from your most dominant parent.

Without looking at the ruler of your SN, I can tell your dominant parent instilled in you the Good Samaritan views of Christianity and right and wrong but if the teachings suffocate the child then SN Sag would just run away and explore but then Gem NN pulls you back and gets you to work on your communication.

Well, it seems, you have to write about 12/12 now!

http://beyondthestarsastrology.com/...house10th-house-nodal-axis-through-the-signs/

I've also got a Nep/Pluto Yod pointing at Merc in Whole-sign H1. And my Merc in Pisces is like, "I have to do WHAT??!" :pinched: