Car crash - guidance on transits

Purple9

On 20/9 my husband crashed the car. Fell asleep on the wheel. He is fine besides seatbelt bruising. The car is destroyed. We have...erm had... one car - that was in my name, live in a place with no reliable public transport and no money for a new car (the old one was not even paid off yet). Exploring the transits on the day and since I am already studying the SR chart I looked at them both. Would like to ask if I missed something obvious (I often do).

So:

Transiting Venus (my posessions) + Mercury (accidents and in this case news of an accident that morning) hovering over my SR 2nd (Natal 8th erm...OUR posessions) with TR Venus conjunct natal Mars (in Virgo) near exact and TR Mercury applying a sextile to natal Uranus.
Mercury (TR) was also applying a sextile to natal Jupiter (7th in Can) so partner.

I looked at TR Mars which was also applying a sextile to natal Uranus on one end and natal Jupiter on the other and trine to natal IC and Chiron.

Am I missing something or is that the long and short of it - description of the accident from the perspective of my chart.

Mars is my profected ruler (before JupiterASC points it out again :) ) but I see it in SR 12th house (over natal 7th) and in Fall in Cancer. So while 12th placement directs the injury away from me (and partner ?) - it causes further frustration in our life by ...what...separating us from our car?

I reads omewhere that this year can't end on a good note for me (us) due to Mars (ruler) in 12th - but in this example was it Mars causing the accident if husband fell asleep on the wheel :) Or should I be looking at a sleepier planet...?

Thanks in advance for any guidance. Attached SR with Natal and SR houses - Whole Signs and same Placidus. Also Natal with Transits on the day in question. Those should cover what I looked at to understand how planets 'worked'

Attachments

• PurpleSR17-18WS.jpg
    PurpleSR17-18WS.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 24
  • PurpleSR17-18PLAC.jpg
    PurpleSR17-18PLAC.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 30
  • PurpleTR1200917.jpg
    PurpleTR1200917.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

miquar

Hi. I think you might get more information by looking at the transits to natal midpoints - perhaps use a 45 degree midpoint sort and see which natal midpoints were close to a transiting body or angle. Also, a secondary progressed chart might be illuminating.

Best wishes

Miquar

JUPITERASC

On 20/9 my husband crashed the car.
Fell asleep on the wheel.
He is fine besides seatbelt bruising. The car is destroyed.
Your husbands chart also requires study for more answers :smile:
We have...erm had... one car - that was in my name, live in a place with no reliable public transport and no money for a new car (the old one was not even paid off yet). Exploring the transits on the day and since I am already studying the SR chart I looked at them both. Would like to ask if I missed something obvious (I often do).

So:

Transiting Venus (my posessions) + Mercury (accidents and in this case news of an accident that morning) hovering over my SR 2nd (Natal 8th erm...OUR posessions) with TR Venus conjunct natal Mars (in Virgo) near exact and TR Mercury applying a sextile to natal Uranus.
Mercury (TR) was also applying a sextile to natal Jupiter (7th in Can) so partner.

I looked at TR Mars which was also applying a sextile to natal Uranus on one end and natal Jupiter on the other and trine to natal IC and Chiron.

Am I missing something or is that the long and short of it - description of the accident from the perspective of my chart.

Mars is my profected ruler (before JupiterASC points it out again :) ) but I see it in SR 12th house (over natal 7th) and in Fall in Cancer. So while 12th placement directs the injury away from me (and partner ?) - it causes further frustration in our life by ...what...separating us from our car?

I reads omewhere that this year can't end on a good note for me (us) due to Mars (ruler) in 12th - but in this example was it Mars causing the accident if husband fell asleep on the wheel :) Or should I be looking at a sleepier planet...?

Thanks in advance for any guidance. Attached SR with Natal and SR houses - Whole Signs and same Placidus. Also Natal with Transits on the day in question. Those should cover what I looked at to understand how planets 'worked'

Purple9

Your husbands chart also requires study for more answers :smile:

u-huh...I know...but I am trying to figure out how MY chart works in practice. He is doing nothing all day (bless him) so he can look at his own chart by himself. He is not in my good books these days. LOL Allowance for female irrationality please. Thank you. I have to rebel somewhere!!! At home I try to be more understanding and nice...here I want to focus on my stuff right now. Just for a change, you know.

Purple9

Hi. I think you might get more information by looking at the transits to natal midpoints - perhaps use a 45 degree midpoint sort and see which natal midpoints were close to a transiting body or angle. Also, a secondary progressed chart might be illuminating.

Best wishes

Miquar

Thank you very much for the tips, I will look at these perspectives as well.

Midpoints...ugh...as if each planet on its own is not complicated enough...let's look at the empty space between them to really get the head spinning :biggrin:

PS In retrospect I think that actually being a neurosurgeon would have been so much easier than studying astrology! Mental note to future self...

miquar

Yes, astrology is fascinating enough, but definitely not the most efficient way to come to a deeper understanding of one's true nature and ultimate desires.

It can be daunting to add new techniques to one's practise, but midpoints are certainly worth it. Although you understandably want to focus on your own growth, it may be worth looking also at the midpoint sort of your husband for the moment and location of the crash to see what might be coming through into his consciousness. The more aware he is, the less frustrated you will be with him (probably!). If you want to look at the crash from your perspective, then perhaps it is better to use the time and place of your becoming aware of the crash, if you aren't already.

You're probably already familiar with the synastry between you and your husband, but it might be worth revisiting it to look (again?) at how your frustrations are reflected by which parts of your chart are strongly triggered by his chart. And of course there may be transits etc. which are triggering both charts at the moment.

Best wishes

Miquar

Purple9

"Yes, astrology is fascinating enough, but definitely not the most efficient way to come to a deeper understanding of one's true nature and ultimate desires."

Out of curiosity - are you suggesting there is a more efficient method? :)

"If you want to look at the crash from your perspective, then perhaps it is better to use the time and place of your becoming aware of the crash, if you aren't already."

Thanks - there was no lag between the time or place I found out and where it happened. I live in a small place and he called me immediately.

"You're probably already familiar with the synastry between you and your husband"

Yes :)

With regards to our synastry and transits...you know...transits do what they do. It is the structure that is the problem. The outers are keeping us busy at the moment. And by the moment I mean last 7 years. Uranus in Aries for instance is mostly not in my good books either :D

Thank you very much for your suggestions. One step at a time.

You mentioned midpoint sort...I am guessing this is something I have to do manually as the only midpoint list I found on astro.com is in the Pullen section and it is a grid. What do you mean by a 45 degree sort? Check midpoints at 45degree spots between planets?

miquar

Hi. I've not used the midpoint feature on astro.com but I'll have a look next time I'm on my computer. A midpoint sort is a list of all the midpoints of the selected bodies and nodes and also includes the bodies and nodes themselves. (The only nodes used are usually the asc, mc and north lunar node.) A 45 degree sort is when the zodiacal wheel is divided into 8 segments of 45 degrees each, with the first segment beginning at the first point of Aries. These segments are superimposed onto one another to create a single 45 degree segment. In this segment, 0 degrees represents 0 degrees Aries, 15 degrees Taurus, 0 Cancer, 15 degrees Leo, and so on. If two factors are close enough in the sort then they form an aspect which is a multiple of 45 degrees. So, for example, if the list has Uranus at 15 degrees 21 minutes and the asc/mc midpoint at 15 degrees 50 minutes, then there was a contact at the time of the crash. 45 degrees is of course arbitrary - you could do 90 degrees or 22.5 degrees etc. But the arc length chosen for the segments should be equal to 360 degrees divided by a power of 2 (1, 2, 4, 8, 16 etc). Other arc lengths (e.g. 120 degrees or 60 degrees) have some relevance but do show up contacts which manifest as obviously as those based on powers of 2.

miquar

Sorry, I forgot to respond to your other question. The most efficient method is self-communion/meditation. Astrology is a crutch we use when we don't feel ready to simply relax into the flow of experience - a way of trying to gradually intellectualise ignorance away. But unfortunately the ego can use astrology to justify self-defeating beliefs and/or to set up new egoic ambitions to be one's best self.

Purple9

"A 45 degree sort is when the zodiacal wheel is divided into 8 segments of 45 degrees each, with the first segment beginning at the first point of Aries. These segments are superimposed onto one another to create a single 45 degree segment. In this segment, 0 degrees represents 0 degrees Aries, 15 degrees Taurus, 0 Cancer, 15 degrees Leo, and so on. If two factors are close enough in the sort then they form an aspect which is a multiple of 45 degrees. ..."

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation!
I will do it manually. Best way for me anyway.

Purple9

Hi. I've not used the midpoint feature on astro.com but I'll have a look next time I'm on my computer.

Found it, though I started by hand - at least I can check if I got them right. Do you use an orb wider than 1 deg?

"Check out Astrodienst's web site at
www.astro.com

1. in the top navigation bar, you will see "Free Horoscopes."

Click that link/button.

2. then select "Extended Chart Selection"

4. log in if you already have an account OR add a profile with your exact birth information and follow the directions on the screen to enter the details

5. don't change the circular chart default setting and go to the chart drawing style option and select "Ebertin Style (w. midpoints)"

6. click the blue button "Click here to show the chart"

7. on the top left of the screen, click the blue link reading "Additional tables (PDF)"

8. you get a midpoint listing under the heading "Midpoint structures and aspects" beside the common aspects.

Please note that the orbs are wider 1°30' and 2°!"

miquar

Hi. Thanks for the info about astro.com. I use solar fire on my computer normally, but it will be good to see what other formats are out there.

The consciousness arising within us tends to identify with the human form in which it arises, and to the extent that this is the case says, 'I am this individual and as such I have these needs'. But there is always the potential, in any given moment, for this consciousness to say, I am awareness itself' and to the extent that this is the case consciousness relaxes into a state of contentment and spontaneity which is not informed by situations and events. So you can just relax into a state of impartial witnessing at any time, and then it doesn't matter what is simultaneously arising in consciousness at the egoic level - its just part of the scenery. You will have experienced this at times no doubt, so its just a case of remembering that the possibility is available to you.

Best wishes

Miquar

Purple9

Yes, as pertaining to foregoing lower reactive states at least. That would be a great place to start.
Thank you for the thoughts.

miquar

It's not a starting point or first stage of some elaborate process. Consciousness in the egoic state can come up with endless stories - psychological, religious, spiritual, etc. - about where one is, where one needs to get to and how one should go about it. These stories are very convincing and that's why egoic consciousness has such a hold. But really it's just about remembering to relax and just witness the flow of experience.