random thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddity

Iesvs would probably be the Latin typeset. I really wouldn't be concerned about it. It's also the latinate for Yeshu or Yeshua. None of the NT was written in Hebrew to begin with, so....?

JUPITERASC

While they may seem to be alternately castles or prisons
all boxes are ultimately devoid of substance :smile:
and there is just one ground.

13731555_825790614218143_3173075815984196975_n.jpg

david starling

While they may seem to be alternately castles or prisons
all boxes are ultimately devoid of substance :smile:
and there is just one ground.

13731555_825790614218143_3173075815984196975_n.jpg

It's true we're all in the same boat. But, some are galley slaves, while others enjoy the comforts lounging on deck with servants at their disposal.

JUPITERASC

At least 85 civilians,
including almost a dozen children,
have been killed after US air strikes targeted an area in northern Syria held by Islamic State (Isis/Daesh) fighters, a monitoring group has said.
Some eight families were reportedly wiped out in the IS-controlled village of Tokhar near Manbij on Tuesday (19 July),
in what could be one of the deadliest bombings of civilians
by coalition forces since the start of operations in the country http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/syria-least-85-civilians-feared-dead-after-us-air-strike-mistake-1571600

The Turkey-based Syrian Institute for Justice said it feared the death toll could be far higher
as rescuers continued to pull bodies from the rubble.
Photographs of the aftermath showed several half-buried children being retrieved.

Blaze

Account Closed
Is life a joke?

I'm reminded of the quote from the Dalai Lama, something about wasting life and how man lives like he's never going to die and dies while never really living. In a way, life seems like a twisted joke - though this is just my perspective.

We are born, go to school, get out of school then thrown into work. After 30 or 40 years of working, we are thrown out and forced to use the funds we amassed during the work years, to prolong our inevitable death.

The amount of inner monologue I had on this would lead to a wall of text and I hate those, so I'll stop here.

All in all, I truly think living in the present is what's best for me. Perhaps it's good for us all, but I'll not be dogmatic.

"Tomorrow is the yesterday of today"

Forgot who told me that, but I like it.

JUPITERASC

Is life a joke?

I'm reminded of the quote from the Dalai Lama, something about wasting life and how man lives like he's never going to die and dies while never really living. In a way, life seems like a twisted joke - though this is just my perspective.

We are born, go to school, get out of school then thrown into work. After 30 or 40 years of working, we are thrown out and forced to use the funds we amassed during the work years, to prolong our inevitable death.

The amount of inner monologue I had on this would lead to a wall of text and I hate those, so I'll stop here.

All in all, I truly think living in the present is what's best for me. Perhaps it's good for us all, but I'll not be dogmatic.

"Tomorrow is the yesterday of today"

Forgot who told me that, but I like it.

dalai-lama-quote.jpg

tumblr_m3a8hhS2K91ruj53oo1_1280.jpg

Blaze

Account Closed
Now that is the paradox that made me giggle a little. Surely, if a deity exists, then I doubt it wanted it's creations to behave in such a way.

But then again, a deity is a human notion as other animals don't go around praising holy messiahs - so perhaps no deity makes the world this way and it is us humans who've created this twisted joke we call the "average" life.

It makes me laugh because life is so short! Or rather, our own lives are so short. Our time in the universe is like that of a flash. This tiny existential crisis I'm having comes with the most realistic compassion however!

The first world sure does make me laugh. :lol:

Cap

Is life a joke?

What you have described is not ALL life, it's just life here on Earth (which is essentially a debt slavery). Even here and now, life could be a lot better if we were intelligent species (and I'm afraid we're not).

Key words are amassed and inevitable death. What kind of fool would want to amass tons of stuff he cannot eventually keep? The only thing accomplished in the process is misery of others.

greed2.jpg

+

politicians.jpg

=

starving_children.jpg

Blaze

Account Closed
What you have described is not ALL life, it's just life here on Earth (which is essentially a debt slavery). Even here and now, life could be a lot better if we were intelligent species (and I'm afraid we're not).

Key words are amassed and inevitable death. What kind of fool would want to amass tons of stuff he cannot eventually keep? The only thing accomplished in the process is misery of others.

Plenty. A great many people chase their dreams in order to amass funds of some kind so they can live a happy life. Not everyone is spiritual and there is nothing wrong with that. Different perspectives and such.

And yes, life usually consists of getting a job so you can have money so you don't starve and die sooner.

Cap

Plenty. A great many people chase their dreams in order to amass funds of some kind so they can live a happy life. Not everyone is spiritual and there is nothing wrong with that. Different perspectives and such.

And yes, life usually consists of getting a job so you can have money so you don't starve and die sooner.

I am not talking about ordinary people, they don't have that much stuff to disturb the balance. I am talking about greedy banksters.

greed.jpg

Blaze

Account Closed
I am not talking about ordinary people, they don't have that much stuff to disturb the balance. I am talking about greedy banksters.

greed.jpg

I'm not talking about the rich in my post either, friend. Though, they are people as well and live like they'll never die.

They are the ones who could do more, but do less, and the ones who can't are expected to do more.

It's strangely humorous to me. Like a twisted joke. Though my humor may be warped.

JUPITERASC

I'm not talking about the rich in my post either, friend. Though, they are people as well and live like they'll never die.

They are the ones who could do more, but do less, and the ones who can't are expected to do more.

It's strangely humorous to me. Like a twisted joke. Though my humor may be warped.
Your humor is not warped my friend, instead it is ironic
that those with the means and resources to do more
do so little

while those with the least resources
do most
:smile:

It's based on ignorance caused by a privileged lifestyle

one example being Marie Antoinette
who could not comprehend poverty
she thought if people had no bread then they would at least have cake

and so
when Marie Antoinette got word citizens were demanding bread
she simply was puzzled

"Let them eat cake" she said
her reasoning being
.....if there's no bread there'll be cake, right?
the famous French aristocrat was beheaded on the French Guillotine

Cap

The problem is, we are all interconnected. Lives (and dreams) of most people are directly shaped as a consequence of unreasonable greed of the greedy ones.

Blaze

Account Closed
Your humor is not warped my friend, instead it is ironic
that those with the means and resources to do more
do so little

while those with the least resources
do most
:smile:

It's based on ignorance caused by a privileged lifestyle

one example being Marie Antoinette
who could not comprehend poverty
she thought if people had no bread then they would at least have cake

and so
when Marie Antoinette got word citizens were demanding bread
she simply was puzzled

"Let them eat cake" she said
her reasoning being
.....if there's no bread there'll be cake, right?
the famous French aristocrat was beheaded on the French Guillotine

Ah, I've always had trouble spotting irony. Or more correctly, I've always had trouble pointing out irony - labeling it something else. :lol:

That story reminds me of the Queen of England. Telling people to "live within their means" whilst sitting on a throne wearing a crown that costs millions of dollars - her tables adorned with golden tableware.

The problem is, we are all interconnected. Lives (and dreams) of most people are directly shaped as a consequence of unreasonable greed of the greedy ones.

Then the problem lies in humanities core values, which I fear, we cannot change. The best thing we can do is try our damnedest to bring compassion into the world. Like one of my favorite people - The Dalai Lama.

Cap

Then the problem lies in humanities core values, which I fear, we cannot change. The best thing we can do is try our damnedest to bring compassion into the world. Like one of my favorite people - The Dalai Lama.

Well said - core values. But I wouldn't be so pessimistic, just as an individual can change his/her core values, humanity as a whole can change core values. It won't happen over night, it will be slow and painful process but it will happen eventually (and probably we won't be here to see it). And yes, compassion is the way to go about it!

conspiracy theorist

What if the reason why we see such strong 12th house action with powerful politicians, actors and businessmen is because all the rumours of occult rituals and satanic worship are true?

Status
Not open for further replies.