will i die soon ?

DreamingTheSeas

My question is : Will i die soon ? (by soon i mean in a few months)

I have a very intense feeling that i will die soon. By something unexpecting, like a heart attack, a stroke or by accident (airplane, car).

I casted this horary and the chart confirms my feeling.

-Mercury in 8th house, Mars is 8th house ruler, very strong and its posited in 9th house.

-I know that many people use the traditional planets mostly in Horary, but Mercury conjuct Uranus and square Pluto.

-Also, Moon is very poor, does not show well.

-Sun, Mercury, South Node, Part of Fortune, Uranus are all in 8th house.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_28_will_i_hw.54506.25273.jpg
    astro_2gw_28_will_i_hw.54506.25273.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 76

Oddity

A couple of things here, that may help to ease your mind.

Mars, lord of 8, receives Mercury, lord of 1. Mercury represents you, Mars represents death. Now, Mars receives Mercury, but Mercury does NOT receive Mars. This is a good thing. If you remember, reception works like a host-guest relationship, so the host must work to please the guest. That means Mars will let Mercury do what it wants to do - live! If it were the other way around, I'd be more concerned.

To judge the truth of a prophecy, premonition, or dream, you can look at the ninth house. At first it seems like what you're seeing is true, because your ninth house is ruled by Venus and Venus is in 9. But Mars is closer to the cusp, and in detriment, indicating falsity. Venus also sits on Algol, a malefic fixed star that's known for losing your head, either metaphorically or physically. So you may well be imagining the worst.

The ascendant is the point of life, and as far as I can see, nothing in this chart attacks it. Another positive indicator.

Mercury is combust in this chart, and the Sun rules 12 - all kinds of hideous anxieties can shine forth when 8th house and 12th house planets mix.

It does not look like a death horary to me, if that helps at all. It really doesn't.

IleneK

Premium Member
A couple of things here, that may help to ease your mind.

Mars, lord of 8, receives Mercury, lord of 1. Mercury represents you, Mars represents death. Now, Mars receives Mercury, but Mercury does NOT receive Mars. This is a good thing. If you remember, reception works like a host-guest relationship, so the host must work to please the guest. That means Mars will let Mercury do what it wants to do - live! If it were the other way around, I'd be more concerned.

I agree with Oddity's conclusion about this not being a death chart, but not because of the reception. In accord with non-Frawley, traditional reception, Mars does receive Mercury, since Mercury is in the sign that Mars rules. I am not hear to dispute which interpretation of reception is more correct, only to indicate that this is how I see reception. Further, this is not a happy Mars, in its detriment in Taurus. So, I think it may be this reception that OP/Mercury feels to Mars in its detriment that may be making her wonder about her health.

However, there is no applying aspect between Mercury and Mars. These two planets cannot see each other; they do not regard each other as they are one sign apart. So I would say, in accord with Oddity, that the answer to the question is no.

Last edited:

Oddity

This is what I said. I'm pretty sure it's not what Frawley would say, but whatever:

Mars receives Mercury, but Mercury does NOT receive Mars.

In any case, it's good that we're agreed here.

IleneK

Premium Member
This is what I said. I'm pretty sure it's not what Frawley would say, but whatever:

Mars receives Mercury, but Mercury does NOT receive Mars.

Oops! Quite so.

I got my wires crossed in my reading of your post. My apologies and yes, we do agree.

fensi88

DreamingTheSeas, you did not post coordinates of the town where the question was ask, so I can not answer you, but you can check this out:
First, calculate P/DEATH-trad. and if some of your rulers goes to conjunct it or its ruler then answer is Yes.

DreamingTheSeas

DreamingTheSeas, you did not post coordinates of the town where the question was ask, so I can not answer you, but you can check this out:
First, calculate P/DEATH-trad. and if some of your rulers goes to conjunct it or its ruler then answer is Yes.

I use the Moon+H8-Saturn and is 20Mars25 !! Conjucts the Mercury and Sun.

My coordinates are 39N38 - 22E25

fensi88

My astroprogram calculate it and it is on 18Aq28. Neighter Mercury or Moon conjunct it or its ruler/Sarx so answer to your question is NO.

waybread

Aside from the perils of death prediction, not only is this chart a "no" but the 8th house emphasis shows simply that you're thinking about death a lot these days. That's different. And if you're a senior citizen or have a natal 8th house emphasis, that's perfectly normal.

You cannot predict your own death in a horary chart !

Therefore, this chart cannot be read !

That is a long time aphorism of horary rules, whether traditional or modern rules, it doesn't matter !

The reason is that death or personal demise solves everything and answers EVERYTHING. Therefore, you cannot predict your own death through a horary chart.

A very humourous story about an astrologer (name forgotten) who authored a book on how to predict death in the natal chart. (also, a dubious skill at best ?)

It turns out that that expert could not even predict his own death, correctly (and he claimed to be an expert on the subject).

In my honest opinion, professional astrologers should refrain from predicting death in their clients charts.

It's not a good idea. We should focus, instead, on living life WELL, and not on one's death.

- HM