Bonatti's rules for unfaithfulness

periquitostock

I've had an horary chart about a similar subject 4 months ago and i couldn't get the correct answer. other members have also shown interest in this subject.

do you have Bonatti's rules for unfaithfulness? could you please share that information?

Aquarius358

I've had an horary chart about a similar subject 4 months ago and i couldn't get the correct answer. other members have also shown interest in this subject.

do you have Bonatti's rules for unfaithfulness? could you please share that information?

Hi - Got your PM.

Lilly's longest passage on CA316 is almost word for word the same as Bonatti's ... so I'd suggest studying that ... because Lilly's Christian Astrology is freely available.

Lilly wrote a few extra passages as well, which also help. I've prepared a summary of all that Lilly has to say on the matter and will be posting that soon.

I'm hoping that my simplified version of Lilly's passages (and there's a few of them!) will make it easier for learners but ... I need to edit what I've written and make sure it's correct - in between working and my own writing! _____

Aquarius358

THIS SUMMARY ON FAITHFULNESS is taken from ‘BONATTI on HORARY’ - Treatise 6, Chapter 5, Translated by Prof Benjamin Dykes, Cazimi Press, 2010. The text is available from Prof Dykes website : www.bendykes.com and is an easy to read translation of the Latin Editions 1491 & 1550.
Summarised - and numbered - by Maggie Bartlett.

Prof Dykes has checked my summary. He makes the point that Bonatti talks about the Moon being "joined with” a planet. Usually this means "making an applying aspect by degree." In my original summary, I summarised this as "aspecting.”

However, as Prof Dykes emphasises : “In medieval astrology an aspect could be by sign alone, and also applying within a certain number of degrees, not to mention separating.”

{The remainder of the post removed by moderator} The forum rules read: In order to respect copyright laws, members must not paste in their posts texts copied from other websites or other publications that are over 100 words long each. A maximum of 3 quotes of texts copied from other websites or other publications is accepted per post and each quote must be from a separate website or other publication.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquarius358

{The remainder of the post removed by moderator} The forum rules read: In order to respect copyright laws, members must not paste in their posts texts copied from other websites or other publications that are over 100 words long each. A maximum of 3 quotes of texts copied from other websites or other publications is accepted per post and each quote must be from a separate website or other publication.

Apologies, Moderator : but this is a shame. The work is my own, is not copied from anywhere and, although based on copyright material, has the approval of the owner of that copyright. Never mind. ______

Last edited:

Paul_

Account Closed
As it happens on skyscript I just recently gave a summary of Bonatti's technique on unfaithfulness.

This is just a quick simplistic summary of course.

Really the idea of unfaithfulness can be summed up easier than Bonatti perhaps words it. By quesited below I mean either the Moon or Lord 7, unless I specify one in particular.

The wife is unfaithful if:

The quesited separates by less than 3 degrees from another planet, provided that planet is not the lord of the ascendant - she used to be unfaithful but isn't any longer.

If Lord 7 is with the South Node, and not aspecting anything else, she has been unfaithful.

If the quesited were in aspect to a planet which is itself within orb (or perhaps by whole sign) with both Mars and the South Node she is unfaithful

The the quesited is conjunct Mars by whole sign, provide the SN is not in this sign, then the wife is unfaithful.

If the Moon separates from Mars, provided Mars is not the querent, then the wife has been unfaithful but their affair is over.

If the quesited were joined to a tripicity lord of the ascendant, then she has been unfaithful.

The wife is faithful if:

The quesited and Lord 1 are in aspect (provided no other planet is closer).

The quesited is void of course.

Lord 7 in aspect to the North Node, particularly whole sign conjunction, provided no other planet is in aspect, or at least closer in aspect.

If Mars is Lord 7, or Moon is Lord 7 and received by Mars, then she loved another but nothing came of it and she has not been unfaithful.

Now provided none of our rules for determining that the wife is faithful are present, we can speculate that the wife lusts after or is in love with another - thought his love may not be reciprocated and so she may not have been unfaithful. Our planets here are, for example, Jupiter, Mercury and Saturn, and to a lesser extent Venus.
If the two planets are in aspect (the quesited with the above planets), presumably by application, then if they are in mutual reception, there is a strong likelihood of something happening between them and the wife is likely to be unfaithful - unless the opportunity hasn't arisen yet - but both want it to happen either way.