Thoughts on Magi Society Synastry Aspects?

DiDi

i would love to get that book.. who is the author?
see the bit about nept venus and chiron being the most important in relationship part rings true to my way of thinking to.
traditional astrology is always my first inspection of two peoples synastry but sometimes i find you can get the best aspects yet dont get on or like each other.. there has to be more i think so i look for magi to define this.

anyway ill stop rambeling now lol... thankyou for your concern i appreciate it. this happened 14 years ago astrology is a hobby for me and it takes my mind away from my troubles,, the spiritulism is something ive seen i understand and im aware of. this is my comfort.

Icplanets

Hi Moulin,
Everything you have written makes perfect sense - Thank you for explaining it so well!
Terrific, I’m glad it was helpful
One question: in helio declinations, does one look at latitudes or longitudes or declinations column please?
Declinations only exist in the geocentric realm. The declination vertical measurement factors in the tilt of the Earth’s axis. In Heliocentric astrology the vertical measurement is latitude. So, parallels and contra-parallels are more correctly referred to as parallel latitude or contra-parallel latitude when they are in the heliocentric realm; however the parallel and contra-parallel glyphs remain the same.

In geocentric declinations the zero point is the equatorial plane extended out to the heavens. In heliocentric the zero point is the Earth, and all other planets are measured North and South of that point. If you are not using Magi Society software, just make sure when you are looking at heliocentric latitudes that the Earth is a constant at zero latitude. If not you will struggle in finding the aspects.

Cheers,
Kevin

Icplanets

Hi Didi,
i would love to get that book.. who is the author?
The Magi Society has written three books to date. All of the books are authored by “Magi Society.” As the Magi Society is a collaborative effort, no one person is credited as the author. You will notice this is also the case on their main web site.

All three of the Magi Society books are out of print and they fetch a very strong price on the used book market. However, they have made the first 14 chapters of their third book, “Magi Astrology: The Keys to Success in Love and Money” available for FREE on the internet. The book is originally only 17 chapters so it is nearly the entire book that you are able to download.

You can download the first 14 chapters of the “Love and Money” at http://magiastrology.com/
Go to nearly the very bottom of the home page where you will see the covers of all three books in a row. “Love and Money” is on the far right. Look underneath the cover picture and the book’s description and you will see the link to download two .pdf files. One file contains chapters 1-7 the other contains chapters 8-14.

Happy reading,
Kevin

DiDi

thanks i will,, i was thinkin it was in 2000 i was reading about magi astrology, im just not sure of the source, i use to read horascope magazine, could have been that.... anyway thanks again kevin xx

prettypiscesxoxo

Hey, I know this thread is months old but I found it on a yahoo search;-)

I became interested in MAGI astrology when I became aware of the asteroids role in synastry- particularly soulmates- on a personal note-

I have been with my boyfriend/Lover who happens to be 3 years younger than me (im 27) to top things off- he is from the UK, in the "Royal Navy" & 3+ more years until his contravt runs up - here are our ASPECTS.

1- My Chiron :conjuncts: his Juno in H8

2- His Juno (H8, Taurus) oppose my Juno (H2- Scorpio)

3. My venus :sextile: his Chiron

4. My Uranus :eek:ppose: his Chiron

5. My Juno :conjunct: his Mars & Pluto (scorpio)

6. My moon (gemini) :trines: his SUN (aquarius)

7. Our ascendants conjunct in LIBRA (Im 7 degrees /he's 0 degrees)

8. His aries Moon opposes my asendant-jupiter-saturn all :conjunct: in Libra

9. My Mars/sun (near the end of pisces) oppose his ascendant

Who do you think is more COMMITED - despite all the obstacles we have stood by one anohter- who seems more like the GLUE....

I can provide other examples- ASTROLOGY works, ultimately, its our FREE - WILL that holds the bond STRONG;-)

Something to think about...:p

Moulin

ok FINALLY i have met a guy with whom l have NO saturn baddie aspects lol

We have saturn/juno trine (2) and quincunx (2)
saturn parallel mercury
mars parallel saturn

also we have
venus parallel chiron
venus square juno (1)
juno trine venus (0)
neptune trine chiron (1)
chiron trine jupiter (3)
chiron opposes pluto (3)
mars quincunx pluto
juno trine moon (0)
juno trine venus (0)
juno trine saturn (2)
juno square mars (0)
moon square juno (0)
venus square juno (0)
juno quincunx saturn (0)

There are more but these stand out in geo!

IC - what do you think please?

BobZemco

For anyone wanting to understand how Neptune also means "long term" - and how it can be disabled by a Saturn transit, I would strongly recommend studying the crash of the Columbia space shuttle.

That would be a neat trick since Neptune and Saturn weren't even in aspect.

What about Challenger, Apollo 7, Soyuz 1 and Soyuz 11? It isn't enough to merely cite one anecdotal incident.

In Astrology, hindsight is practically worthless. If it has no predictive value, then there's no point in studying it.

giaella33

No Chiron Aspects is like "no ticky-no laundry". There is nothing to hold a relationship together. Magi is the missing link in Astrology (no and's, if's or but's) !!!!

giaella33

"Ah, now we know why Simon & Garfunkel split up."

Chiron conjunct Chiron is NOT a Magi Aspect. Study before you speak and then we can have an intelligent discourse.

BobZemco

"Ah, now we know why Simon & Garfunkel split up."

Chiron conjunct Chiron is NOT a Magi Aspect. Study before you speak and then we can have an intelligent discourse.

Maybe it isn't, but Mars-Chiron is "emotional attachment and commitment."

I guess the caveat is the "commitment" part only lasts a few years. Some glue.

giaella33

Again you are showing your ignorance of Magi Astrology. A Mars/Chiron linkage (not aspect-wrong terminology here sir) does not "make" a relationship. A "linkage" is one person's A Mars to person's B Chiron. A Mars/Chiron linkage is primarily "sexual" in nature (although it may be used for energy ie: accomplishing things together) This is not enough to hold people together in a relationship. Sorry your so sad about Simon & Garfunkel though

Last edited:

giaella33

"There are some knowledgeable people on this thread. They don't like Magi either. Seems the only ones who do are the ones who...dare I use the cliche'...drank the Kool-aid."

There are "sheep" and there are "shepherds". Who needs followers that can't think for themselves? It sounds like you had a bad experience. Perhaps you were having personal "bad" transits when you signed up with them. Read the fine print: Magi states they will not read for a person if : 1. the current transits in the sky are negative 2. the client is having negative transits and 3. the astrologer is having negative transits. The Magi Society has always been responsive to me. Currently all their books are SOLD OUT and their first book - The Magi Society Ephemeris is worth up to $300.00 on the open market. It is a must as it opens a "whole new dimension" in Astrology.

giaella33

"I believe civil debate and intelligent discourse within the astrological community is necessary for the advancement of the craft. Blatant Lies and snarky comments only serve to create divisiveness. False statements cheapen the conversation and eliminate any chance of a valuable contribution to the community at large; as most people have no interest in postings that repeatedly lack credibility."

Well said; well said...

Courtney Love

That would be a neat trick since Neptune and Saturn weren't even in aspect.

What about Challenger, Apollo 7, Soyuz 1 and Soyuz 11? It isn't enough to merely cite one anecdotal incident.

In Astrology, hindsight is practically worthless. If it has no predictive value, then there's no point in studying it.

what ***** about the site is they're all "well we know so-and-so would break up because of this aspect! but we would never tell you beforehand so as not to upset the couple..." I'm all woman, please.

but IRT the columbia disaster, while there were no saturn clashes, it was a day of Jupiter opposed to sun, which Magi believes can cause deaths, particularly in a marriage chart, for the husband. I found that one fascinating.

The challenger had the Heartbreak aspect, saturn opposed to chiron. I think given the press and how many children like myself watched it on TV, that accurately describes it.

I was looking for a bad aspect for apollo 13, and I couldn't find it, then I read how they ultimately returned safely so...

Icplanets

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for your contribution to this thread.
it was a day of Jupiter opposed to sun, which Magi believes can cause deaths, particularly in a marriage chart, for the husband. I found that one fascinating.
However, the above statement is not correct. The Magi Society, in their books or on their website, has never said any such thing about Jupiter opposed Sun, regardless of the type of chart. That is not an accurate Magi Astrology interpretation of that aspect.

I share this with you because, as much of this thread attests, there is just a ton of inaccurate, misleading, and flat out wrong information visa-vie Magi Astrology out in the cyberspace and it’s best for all concerned if we do our best to keep it from proliferating. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

A correct Magi Astrology interpretation for Jupiter opposed Sun in electional matters of love would be that is it fosters misunderstandings and intolerance. A Magi Astrology interpretation for Jupiter opposed Sun in electional matters of business would be over-expansion and overspending that would lead to financial difficulties.

I hope that clears it up for you.

Cheers,
Icplanets

Courtney Love

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for your contribution to this thread.However, the above statement is not correct. The Magi Society, in their books or on their website, has never said any such thing about Jupiter opposed Sun, regardless of the type of chart. That is not an accurate Magi Astrology interpretation of that aspect.

Cheers,
Icplanets
I thought I read that in the book, they used the examples of John Lennon & Yoko getting married under that aspect, as well as Carole Lombard & Clark Gable... and there were deaths.. What aspect am I confusing that with, do you know?

Icplanets

Hi Courtney,
I thought I read that in the book, they used the examples of John Lennon & Yoko getting married under that aspect, as well as Carole Lombard & Clark Gable... and there were deaths.. What aspect am I confusing that with, do you know?
In chapter 6 of the Magi Society’s third book, “Magi Astrology; The Keys to Success in Love and Money" (often referred to as just “Love and Money”) Gable and Lombard are briefly mentioned within the presentation on the Romantic Super Linkage (RSL). In addition, on the main website John and Yoko are included in a long list of couples who have an RSL.

Cheers,
Icplanets

Last edited: