I dont go to weddings? Why?

Kerrie

I am starting to see a pattern. I always have an excuse to not go to weddings and was wondering if it showed up in my natal chart somewhere.

There have been 4 weddings that I have made excuses not to go, these have all been with very close female friends at the time. I have a wedding coming up in a month with a close female friend and again I am notice I am making excuses not to go.

The only aspect I can think of is Uranus in the 7th, the only real aspect is a trine to Mercury but the orb is close to 8. So my Uranus is very much by itself.

How do I view marriages? I dont really care... well I think I dont. Maybe deep down I see them as a waste of time as my Uranus wants to be independant and stand by itself?

Any ideas why i cant make it to the church or reception?

Attachments

• natal chart.jpg
    natal chart.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 35

EJ53

Banned
....Maybe deep down I see marriages as a waste of time...
...and perhaps "as a waste of a female friends potential", Kerrie?

If so, then Chiron conjunct Moon in Taurus/1st and (not shown on your posted chart) Lilith in Leo/4th might reveal why you cannot make it to the church or reception.

Kerrie

Im clueless about the reason why? So please enlighten me. What do you mean by "as a waste of a female friends potential" Do you think I get bored of them when they become partnered. I think I might, lol. I have been single a lot, and I tend to find friends that are single, when I was partnered, I cut out my friends totally.

If so, then Chiron conjunct Moon in Taurus/1st and (not shown on your posted chart) Lilith in Leo/4th might reveal why you cannot make it to the church or reception.
No sure what these placements mean regarding my question. Can you give me more information?

Kerrie

Another shower moment to bring on insights, lol.

I get it now. My Chiron/Moon conjunction and Lilith in the 4th has caused me to view marriages negative, by experiences of other people close to me. My Uranus in the 7th wouldnt be helping the matter.

Do I see my friends as venturing into the 'dark side" when they get married? I think I do. I didnt start dating until late - early 20's, and was called commitment phobic during my 20's, never had a long term relationship and preferred to go out and party. Although I have just been in a relationship which was shocking to everyone and right now I wouldnt care in a million years if I never found someone again. I thought I just wanted my ex back, but maybe its a little more than that.

Maybe its a case of if I go the the wedding, I might get drawn into the dark side too, or that I think its a bit of a joke.

I have been to 1 wedding and a couple of engagement parties, but they were family and its a little hard to get out of them, hahaha.

Both my brother and sister are engaged, not to each other, lol. They are younger than me, one by 4 and another by 7 years, but they dont have the issue that i have had. It was just me.

How can this be overcome? Do I need to go to weddings each week :biggrin:? Maybe become a wedding planner?

Lin

Well, you do have Jupiter opposition Venus....not sure how that applies, but it does say you question marriage in general.
But that doesn't explain why you would forgo a party...
Unless you don't have anyone to go with and you feel "funny' about going alone...
OR...it's freaking expensive!!
I can't think of anything that can drain your bank account faster (and with little to show for it) than a full fledged "marriage"....there's the engagement party, the shower and the wedding. You can't wear the same thing to more than one wedding in 2 years....and formal wear gets expensive....then the gift....there's no such thing as a $50 gift anymore...LOL...
So...if you go to ONE wedding, you will have to go to them all....3 or 4 weddings in a couple of years could set you back thousands of dollars....if you go to all the events as stated.
I don't know if money is part of it, but unless you have had parties where you've gotten great gifts or money, it's kind of one sided.

If you have a 'best friend' who gets married, I think you have to make the sacrifice, as you may not be forgiven for turning your back on her brightest day....and in the future you may need or want that friend. Friendship is about sacrifice anyway....and not just monetary sacrifice.

If it's about not having a date, see if there are other women going 'stag.'
I agree that you can't go to every event...but unless you are happy with being labled a 'killjoy' or worse...that you are staying away from "jealousy" of the friend's happiness, you must make the sacrifice.
Anyway, that is my opinion....
LIN

Kerrie

Hi Lin thanks for your input, it as never been about money, the weddings have been over the last 10 years. I dont see if as being jealous of my friends either.

I think its a psychological issue that is deeper and has something to do with what I wrote in my previous posts.

I am not a killjoy either, i tend to dissappear off the face of the planet before the wedding comes up.

I dont do it for a reaction to the person getting married, I do it to save myself from whatever issue I have.

I think its largely the Uranus in the 7th unaspected by close orbs and my Chiron/Moon conjunction. I dont know much about Lilith in the 4th.

EJ53

Banned
...I think its a psychological issue that is deeper and has something to do with what I wrote in my previous posts.....I think its largely the Uranus in the 7th unaspected by close orbs and my Chiron/Moon conjunction. I dont know much about Lilith in the 4th.
I don't use or know much about Lilith either, Kerrie....but I'm guessing that having it in Leo/4th suggests you would be horrified by the idea of a strong woman promising to "obey" a man, in return for the security of marriage......[No matter how much the wording of the vows changes...even modern marriages are an institution that benefits husbands more than wives.]

Uranus in Scorpio/7th might add a deep psychological need for independence within partnerships and the Chiron/Moon in Taurus/1st believes females should be strong, assertive "earth mothers" (like Freya, the Norse Goddess of love and war)......which might not be easily reconciled with how you view women as wives.

Kerrie

Yah I went to my first friends wedding last weekend, it was a little boring, but hey I showed up and there was plenty of free wine, lol.

Claire19

I am not a firm believer in weddings at least not for myself but I enjoy going to others.......Uranus in the 7th does denote unconventional attitudes to partnerships and a need for freedom and lack of formality but it is well aspected so I dont see an underlying issue with jealousy or disapproval really.
You dont have to catch the bridal bouquet you know.:biggrin:

Kerrie

You dont have to catch the bridal bouquet you know.:biggrin:

There was no room, I had a glass in one hand and maybe a bottle in the other, lol.

Really it was strange at the ceremony I was thinking that it was a setup and not for real.

I wonder if I ever get married what I would think. Although I dont have any dreams for a wedding, I just would like to sign some papers, and get rid of my surname.