im scared :transit:pluto 8th house have any of you been through this

astro-kay

im scared! transit:pluto 8th house have any of you been through this

hi everyone ,
can some of you give me an insight into what might lie ahead for me.i am quite spooked by this pluto in my 8th house transit ,i am really quite worried about my loved ones and life generally .
lately i have been trying to learn about transits and the affect on natal houses ,well now transiting pluto is just about sitting on my natal 8th house-and i am scared!

:crying:

have any of you experienced the 8th house transit ,what kind of events occured (if any) for you?

Last edited:

sagtaurscor

i expperienced it and am now on the border of 9th
i came here to find out what this looks like and am goin to post new topic..
so here is my experience...almost at the beginning of this transit i met someone and got inolved in a relationship- this house is jointed finances and he had a lot of family money and all my money problems practically anished overnight...
a year into transist a family member of mine died and i inherited money
i became very interested in ocult topics and read almost eerything on this subject
so this is what took place in my life...before that had very difficult 7th house transit where i suffered a lot and had many enemies...it was sad...8th house totally transformed my life for the better
now am at the beginning of 9th and curious if anyone has any info on that

waybread

I've not had this transit, but I have had quite a few Pluto transits. Some were pretty difficult, but Pluto clears out anything metaphorically "dead" or "dying" in your life so that something new can take its place.

One thing to keep in mind is that 1/12 of the human population is born with Pluto in the 8th house. [About 500 million people.] If this house position truly related to death, the life insurance industry would be all over it by now.

Last edited:

R4VEN

astro-kay, I have been through this transit, but given that my natal Pluto is in my 7th house and only just under 4 degrees from the 8th house cusp, my life was very, very `Plutonian' from an early age. Transiting pluto entered my 9th house when I was 17, just as I was about to enter tertiary studies, and so I became much more self-determining. For me, the events which transpired between the ages of 2 and 17 feel as though they had a strong karmic flavour to them; and with Saturn being the Lord of Karma and in my 8th house natally, I am sure that my own karmic situations were set up during the time Pluto transited the 8th.

Just as my transit of Pluto through the 8th was affected powerfully by my having natal Saturn in the 8th house - and so lots of restrictions and limitations imposed upon me by my family members - I suspect that your Pluto transit through the 8th may be affected in nature by you having Venus in the 8th natally. What I mean by this is that the areas of your life to be affected will be those ruled or affected by Venus: that is, combined finances or that which you share ownership with another; 6th house of health, perhaps; sexual relationships will no doubt undergo much transformation during this time. I suggest that you read what it says on this page about having Venus in the 8th house:
http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/dkfoundation/BookKarmaHouse8.htm
as an understanding of this may be necessary so that you can allow Pluto to do what it has to do.

During my Pluto through the 8th time, I experienced many deaths of people close to me - a grandmother, a grandfather, a brother, my best friend's dad, a couple of school friends - and this may happen, but it just as easily may not. If you experience the deaths of others, then there will be opportunities in this for you. When I experienced the deaths of 2 grandparents and my brother - all quite close together - I eventually understood that old people die, and they must die - their time had come - but the death of a young person has a completely different ring to it. I learned to accept death as inevitable, and to respect it as a valid passage into another state of being.

Whatever you do, astro-kay, do not fear Pluto. It will only be trying to show you how to live your life in a better way, and much of that will depend upon what lessons your soul has come here to experience. The 8th house is Pluto's house, and while you may have to view life differently, think of this passage as an opportunity for maturing your experience of 8th house matters.

kennedyrosewhith

Pluto is currently transiting my 8th, and i wrote about it here. My advice is, to go along with what R4VEN said, don't fight it. If there's something nagging you at the back of your mind, figure out what it is, and try to do whatever it's saying to you, no matter how hard, difficult, or uncomfortable it is. The more you fight, the more it'll hurt in the long run. Like, i feel like chances are pretty good my paternal grandfather is going to die soon, and i can kind of feel myself slipping into my old pattern of pretending like nothing is even going on, but i know that's not what i should do once it happens because death happens and i need to deal with it properly, so i'll have to work on it.

sagtaurscor

R4ven can you please write a bit more about your 9th house pluto transit? Did you travel?
I have my sun nataly in 8th maybe that is why my transit in this house was very good.
I also have jupiter in 9th natally and wonder how will it affect it...
in general i feel differently too...i was sort of deep and weird and manipulative in my 8th transit and now i feel like bein more straightforward optimistic and i say what i think...but this transit ony just happened so am curious what to expect...any thoughts?
thank you!
i actually really like pluto- i feel is a wonderful planet -what woud life be like wothouth change?

R4VEN

R4ven can you please write a bit more about your 9th house pluto transit? Did you travel?
I have my sun nataly in 8th maybe that is why my transit in this house was very good.
I also have jupiter in 9th natally and wonder how will it affect it...
in general i feel differently too...i was sort of deep and weird and manipulative in my 8th transit and now i feel like bein more straightforward optimistic and i say what i think...but this transit ony just happened so am curious what to expect...any thoughts?
sagtaurscor, I can give you a bit of an idea about Pluto through the 9th for me, but keep in mind that this happened from the mid 1960's to late 1970's, and so not only was the world a totally different place, but Pluto travelled through part of my 9th house accompanied closely by Uranus - both were in Virgo. This was a time of great social and political upheaval in the whole world, and to be honest, it was a very exciting time in which to be young. This was when I did my tertiary education, wrote and sang songs of protest (everybody I knew did!), began work as a teacher, got married, had kids - and all that. I didn't travel much, except throughout Australia, which is quite a large country in itself.

For me, the passage of Pluto-Uranus through my 9th awoke me to other ideas - especially of a political nature. It was right at the beginning of Pluto's passage through the 9th that I made a decision to no longer attend church, as it did not fit into my emerging philosphy of life. My parents were conservative Christian, church-attending, hard-working farm people. They were good people, but I recognised that I could no longer remain in their `space', their sphere of influence. This alone caused quite a bit of conflict, but I had to be true to myself, so I ignored their pleas.....(this was how my Uranus square panned out, but I think Pluto's presence intensified this). This was also the time when feminism was the big `ism' of the time, so I did a lot of reading about that.

My natal Jupiter is in Sag in the 11th, so finding groups with whom I felt I had something in common was important. I also set some clear goals for my life during this time - most of the goals have since fallen by the wayside.

I think when Pluto passes through your 9th you will also have to consider the influence of Pluto's squares to both Saturn and Uranus for the time these squares are in place. It will be about more than just Pluto transiting the 9th........ you also have to take into account the time when Pluto conjuncts natal Jupiter. I had this occur a few years back, and I loved it - it was a time when I felt my eyes open fully to ideas and beliefs that I had not previously considered. I think that Pluto's passage through your 9th has the potential to be quite life-changing.

Remember also that `travel' isn't just about hopping on a plane and visiting Bali or Thailand........... travel of the mind, and in the mind, is a very significant part of any planetary transit through the 9th house.

sagtaurscor

R4ven, thank you very much!Reading about your experiences did open my eyes a bit...just got a feeling of what might take place... I have a feeling that this transit will be even better than 8th...because i have jupiter there!
One more thins i forot to mention...i was born with pluto in 6th -had two transits so far and at a start of every transit i met my major relationship-i got married at the beginning of 7th - a bad marriage and the whole 7th was rather sad for me and then at the start of 8th i met someone and it was very happy and lasted almost entire 8th...now again i met someone and it is love and because is at the beginning of transit makes me wonder...could it be it again...
to anyone worried about 8th house transit - it was just about the best time of my life so far...in fact i felt pluto was very friendly in its own house -very wise and caring and emerged from this transit truly a different person on a deep level - a better human being as i mentioned before in that house i was manilpulative a bit and drawn to scorpionic nature and the way i am now-i lost my interest in being manipulative and now i feel it was due to the lessons of the 8th house
anyway-i wish everyone out there a happy pluto transit whichever house it happens to be and if anyone else had 9th -please share !!

kbell

Whatever you do, astro-kay, do not fear Pluto. It will only be trying to show you how to live your life in a better way, and much of that will depend upon what lessons your soul has come here to experience. The 8th house is Pluto's house, and while you may have to view life differently, think of this passage as an opportunity for maturing your experience of 8th house matters.

I have nothing to add, but this is great advice here.

flea

I am going through pluto transiting the 8th house...and nothing really to report.....it has all been quite gentle....I suppose I have been in transformative mode since pluto crossed my sun...so I have opened up to that process....I always wonder what secrets pluto is going to unearth.....but knowing what is truely there gives you the option to change it. I have found pluto to be painful in the short term, beautiful in the long term...it help me make some very good changes to my life!!

FleaXX

You have hugely distorted house is this house system and might like to try Equal house and this would put your venus in 7th of one to one relationships rather than 8th. Saturn, jupiter would be in 4th, sun in 8th and mercury mars in 9th and pluto in 5th & moon in 2nd. So you see it moves every single planet to a different house. The only good this is the house meanings are 'unilateral' but it does alter significantly when planets move house :innocent:

Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

All transits act as background influences until they make a mathamatical contact with a planet or Angle ie: Asc or MC within a chart.
Also your venus is a singleton being the only planet in earth signs and therefore you are 'lacking' this element

Singleton planets
http://www.astrologyclub.org
http://en.mimi.hu/astrology/singleton.html
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/13.0Singletons.htm
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-2334.html
(There is a book out by Shirley Lyons Meier, "Elemental Voids, More than Meets the Eye", which gives a good discussion of missing elements.) The Inferior Function can be a source of great motivation and creative expression.
http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/singletons/intro/singleton_intro.htm

Lack of elements http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18077
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/elements.html
http://www.astrology.aryabhatt.com/Astrology_Elements.asp
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/EmptyElement12.1.htm
http://www.astrologyclub.org/article.../inferior2.htm

So when T Pluto conj natal venus prob next year it will 'set off' the natal venus aspects which are square to saturn and jupiter and will affect 7th and 4th house matters. This could bring you an intense new relationship and massive restructuring (saturn) and hard work at transforming your attitudes to love, finances and work/home balance :love:

Hope this helps

flea

Hi astro-kay,

I have just noticed pluto is coming up on my part of fortune in cap in the 8th house, not for a few years, but will now have to look into it....as you have got me thinking..

Thanks
FleaXX

flea

hmmm...re check...I am in it already.....pluto just passed, it will retrograde back....and make its last contact in december. If anything.....I am going through some dredging, cleansing, healing of stuff, I have mostly done. Though who knows maybe I am going through a rebirth as we speak. Last full moon packed a punch for me....

FleaXX

Last edited:
Oh my oh my Astro-kay,

I am going to echo A50's sentiments when I say: do not fear Pluto. To that I add, fear Uranus! Hahaha, just kidding, but typically Uranus is more responsible for the dramatic, unforeseen, lightening-bolt changes that can put many of us on the edge. The similarity between Uranus and Pluto is that the results of both changes can be rather shocking! :surprised:

But, remember, change, as painful, as powerful, as penetrating, as it can be, when produced by Pluto, is most often a necessary thing. It reveals, gently (like pulling off a band-aid really, really slowing), changes that must be made in order to evolve.

I hesitate to say the changes will be good or bad, but certainly necessary, as this is precisely how evolution works. It is neither good nor bad in terms of fortune, but more what your fate manifests as it becomes exposed to life's ever-changing realities.

I recently had Saturn finish its transit through my 8th house. I thought frequently of death, and was certain I would die, or someone I knew and loved would die. On the day that it exactly conjuncted my Venus in the 8th house, which natally squared Saturn and semi-squared my Sun, I passed out and had to be hospitalized for low blood-pressure. Not only that but they thought I was pregant! (Figures, was the 8th house, rules the sex organs!) No matter how many times I assured the doctors and nurses and even the Priest who was making rounds blessing people, that by all natural practices it would be frankly impossible for me to be pregnant, I still had to go through a pregnancy test. (Saturn in there sort of put a real damper on my ahem, love life.) Saturn in that house also taught me about power over my own body as a woman, and how people saw my own control, and as my understanding of my sexual/reproductive self.

Pluto will never, in my lifetime, go through my 8th house, but Pluto did move through my 12th house and is about to cross over my ASC. Pluto thus far has proven to be a revitalizing, and yes, a bit terrifying, force in my life. Pluto going over the ASC for me, means it will also sextile my natal Pluto and MC, plus trine my natal Venus. The point I make here is that Pluto's house movement should not be regarded alone, but also light of the aspects it may make in the natal chart.

Based on your chart, you have some similarities with my 8th house. We both have Venus there, and your Venus also squares your Saturn. While I felt restrictions based on my relationships because Saturn moved through, for you, Pluto will most likely transform your Venus squares. This change might feel a bit erratic for you, as Venus also is making a hard aspect to Uranus, but remember, it is probably what you need.

Don't worry, Pluto simply asks that you be honest. :love:

mod.

Last edited:

Inside Out Orange

I don't think it's anything particularly to be fearful of, it just changes the background of your life.

I had Pluto in the 8th during its time in Sagitarrius (1996-2008ish). Looking back I'd say during that period life was a little bit heavier and I was more analytical or cynical about things.

Now that might sound scary but it's not because it just becomes the norm. It's only when you move on that you notice the difference. It's like getting into a bath of cold water. You notice it's distinctly cold, then you adapt to it and you don't notice anymore.

Vista

When Pluto went through the 8th house Scorpio for me the following happened:
Lost my grandmother
Lost my father
Got an inheritence
Won money in a lawsuit
My boss used to give me money all the time to help me out because I was struggling financially
Had a very intense relationship with a Scorpio(rules my 8th)

You have to look at the aspects that Pluto makes while transiting the 8th house. Pluto in itself is not going to do much without triggers. I had conjunctions, squares,trines and sextiles to my other planets while it went through triggering all the above events. I also have Venus in my 8th house, at it just brought intense, sexual relationships to me and a little extra money as Venus rules my 2nd and 7th house.

Inside Out Orange

I don't have too many planets to be contacted by Pluto when it was in my 8th house but ...

- when Jupiter conjuncted my Neptune in late 1994, I put an offer in on a house. By the time the sale completed, Pluto was conjunct Neptune. I still live here 15 years later.

- when Pluto was exactly opposite my natal Saturn I had sex for the first time.

- when Pluto trined my Venus/Moon/Sun (at the same time as Saturn conjuncted them) - I thought I'd met the woman I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I fell in love with her without trying and then suffered awful heartache that took a year to get rid of.

kirlie

Depending on which house system I use, Pluto just entered my 8th house. The main area I have started to really feel it's effects is my finances. But really its all the things I already knew, but just didn't want to deal with. The big issues for me is my relationship with credit cards (other people's money). I am having to change how I think about finances and how I use credit cards. Money is tight right now, but I know in the long run my new relationship with money will be much healthier. I also have Pluto sq Pluto and a few other "hard" transits. But I have the attitude that Pluto only forces us to change the things that really need to change. There is another area that 8th house and Pluto rules, sex. And well, I'm not the kinda girl to kiss and tell, but I've felt the effect there too! :whistling:

So, don't be scared of 8th house Pluto, cause it isn't all bad!