please, help me with this chart?

Blue Lioness

could someone help me to read this synastry?
I've been talking to this girl for almost two months now but we haven't met yet. however, I've been enjoying it very much and I feel as if we could get along pretty well (like, as romantic partners).

our synastry seemed awesome when I first looked at it because most of our house overlays include 1st, 5th, 7th and 8th houses, my Vertex conjunct her Jupiter, her Vertex conjunct my MC and her Sun/Moon midpoint are opposite my Moon. but when I look at the aspects I get a little scared - there seems to be a lit too much tense aspects.

do you think we could get along well and get involved?
how do I read a chart like this? I mean, the house overlays are good, but the aspects are tense. what can I understand from it?

any help would be really appreciated!

Attachments

• astro_61gw_me_f.72343.258245.jpg
    astro_61gw_me_f.72343.258245.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 23

waybread

Generally the oppositions are stressful aspects in synastry charts. Two people are definitely connecting, but once the "getting to know you" best behavior fades, the stress can emerge more strongly.

Basically Leo enjoys being the center of attention, but Aquarians are more distant, and really need their space. It's easy for an Aquarian to participate in a remote on-line relationship, but this is different than being in a close relationship 24-7. You can get into kind of a tango, where the more the Leo person wants acknowledgement, the more the Aquarian retreats-- or feels emotionally drained.

It looks like her moon-Saturn-Juno trine your sun, which is helpful, but I don't know if this is enough to sustain a relationship of equals.

Sometimes a midpoint composite chart will give a more promising picture, so you might post one: you can do this from the Astrodienst free chart pages.

Blue Lioness

thank you for replying, waybread.

Basically Leo enjoys being the center of attention, but Aquarians are more distant, and really need their space. It's easy for an Aquarian to participate in a remote on-line relationship, but this is different than being in a close relationship 24-7. You can get into kind of a tango, where the more the Leo person wants acknowledgement, the more the Aquarian retreats-- or feels emotionally drained.

I guess it totally makes sense, specially because my Cancer planets also need attention and are very clingy. and Aquarius and Saggitarius makes her not clingy at all, apparently. althought she already had two long relationships before.

I'm attaching the composite. Does it get better? :unsure:

Attachments

• composite.jpg
    composite.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 25

waybread

Speaking as someone with the sun, Mercury, and Venus in Aquarius, I've been in two long-term marriages. But my ex is a sun Gemini and my husband is a sun Libra. Our suns are trined, which is an easy aspect. The air signs generally are more detached, with a mental approach to life.

So it's a question of both of you finding the right fit.

The composite makes the two of you look more like relationship material, but the stressors are not absent.

Moon-Juno in the first house gives the relationship the outer appearance of being a committed couple.

The sun gives the identity of the relationship, and sun conjunct the Part of Fortune is a lovely aspect. Venus rules love and affection. Venus is not contacting your sun or moon, and broadly squares Mars from the 8th and 5th houses. Although this looks like hot stuff, it can also be stressful because your respective needs are different. Moon square Uranus suggests mood swings and Mars-Pluto, some internal power struggles.

But ultimately the choices are your and hers to make. A lot of the success of a relationship depends on each person's emotional maturity.

Good luck with this, Blue Lioness! Never forget that Leos are royalty, and deserve the best that life has to offer.

Blue Lioness

thank you so much for reading both the synastry and the composite, waybread!

The composite makes the two of you look more like relationship material, but the stressors are not absent.

Moon-Juno in the first house gives the relationship the outer appearance of being a committed couple.

The sun gives the identity of the relationship, and sun conjunct the Part of Fortune is a lovely aspect. Venus rules love and affection. Venus is not contacting your sun or moon, and broadly squares Mars from the 8th and 5th houses. Although this looks like hot stuff, it can also be stressful because your respective needs are different. Moon square Uranus suggests mood swings and Mars-Pluto, some internal power struggles.

But ultimately the choices are your and hers to make. A lot of the success of a relationship depends on each person's emotional maturity.

well, it doesn't look so bad. but in the end I agree with the emotional maturity is pretty important to the relationship to last, as to give space to the other and respect their needs.

do you think the house overlays in the synastry could create an attraction for our first dates?

waybread

House overlays-- provided you have two correct birth times, basically say how you show up for him, and how he shows up for you. Friend (11th house) short-term fling or sex-for-fun (5th house,) or committed relationship (7th house,) &c. Then the 7th is also the house of one's enemies!

But there's nothing more solid about house placements. For more in-depth person-to-person relationships, I think you'd need real planet contacts.

Are there going to be first dates?

Blue Lioness

House overlays-- provided you have two correct birth times, basically say how you show up for him, and how he shows up for you. Friend (11th house) short-term fling or sex-for-fun (5th house,) or committed relationship (7th house,) &c. Then the 7th is also the house of one's enemies!

But there's nothing more solid about house placements. For more in-depth person-to-person relationships, I think you'd need real planet contacts.

Are there going to be first dates?

Hm, I see. Now I get better how the houses work in comparison to the aspects. I thought houses had a more solid influence.

Yes, we will meet for the first time in the next few days. And she told me her previous two long-term relationships were with Leos :)