Is Moon in Gemini dishonest?

Horus

" Those with their Moon sign in Gemini are not always honest people, particularly in their dealings with those around them. However, they are usually so proficient at deception, that others rarely realize they have been hoodwinked. "
from: http://www.novareinna.com/constellation/geminimoon.html

What say you all to that?

How about Gemini Moon conjunct Mercury opposite Neptune?

Anyone here have personal experience with lying or deceptive behavior from a person with this Moon sign or with hard aspects of Neptune with it?

Claire19

Anyone here have personal experience with lying or deceptive behavior from a person with this Moon sign or with hard aspects of Neptune with it?
Mercury opposing Neptune can be the liar and deceiver aspect. Either lied to or a liar especially in Gemini. Gemini Moon shows more in fickle changeable emotions sometimes.....we must be careful of generalisations.
Moon in hard aspect to Neptune is more that there are family deceptions and lies and from or to the mother figure...often addictions and neuroses.

Claire19

I've known two people with Gemini Moons. One in the first house, the other in the eighth house.

First house, unaspected Gemini Moon - She was dishonest.

Eighth house, Gemini Moon - Her Moon was conjunct Mercury. I think she was honest, but conflicted and kept her thoughts on how to handle relationships to herself, I believed this happened with my friendship that I use to have with her.

With difficult Mercury/Neptune aspects, there is potential for lying, or inner confusion and uncertainty.
Moon in the 8th can hold secrets and engage in clandestine activities. The mother may not be who she seems.
Gemini planets when challenged is the thief and the trickster, using speed to carry out their activities. They can be glib and charming. i.e. the driver of the getaway car from the bank robbery.:biggrin:

LittleMiss

I have a very close family-relation to a gemini moon, and she is not a liar at all. I don't think that moon sign alone is enough to make one a liar. But the mercury neptune aspects, I'm not sure of...

BobZemco

Sound like garbage to me. The Moon significates many things, including change, fluctuation and versatility. In a Mutable Sign like Gemini that would be intensified. In the 3rd House you might find people who can't stop talking and perhaps they're superficial or fickle but that doesn't rise to the level of pathological liar.

Horus

Gemini Moon shows more in fickle changeable emotions sometimes.....we must be careful of generalisations.

Indeed, and yet astrologers who write defiinitions in astrology books or websites are making a host of generalizations that define every sign, placement, and aspect. The question is, which ones are accurate?

Note that the astrologer whom I quoted wrote "not always honest" which doesn't equate to always dishonest. It means "sometimes". In researching the question on the Web, I noticed that people seem to pick Geminis as "liars" -why? How did that get started? Does it have any basis in reality at all? That's why I have asked for folks' direct experience that either corroborates or denies the claim.

I have also asked about the specific aspect w/ Mercury and Neptune because it touches a matter close to me, and I'm having a difficult time understanding and dealing with this person who is transmitting mixed signals, and my intuition is giving me mixed signals --because it's interfacing with Gemini's two-faced nature??

Kriztine

Ha! I think my experience is that Pisces is a much better and more common liar than Gemini.
Gemini energy is more trickster like with a very flexible morality so less likely to be super serious about "being honest"

Merc/Neptune opposition ? Now that is liar material...but can also just be someone who is confused or not good at communicating clearly.
Neptune fogs up what it touches...can create an
act or a "con"...but maybe just hiding because of sensitivity.

I think both Gemini and Neptune or Piscean types can lie unknowingly, they can get caught in their own convolutions.

There do seem to be petty criminals with Gemini...clever people...like a pickpocket or shoplifting energy ...almost like its sport or challenge.

Gemini Moon in general would be too big a blabber mouth to be a good liar. You have to keep your "facts" straight to lie well and Gemini can be very scattered...

LittleMiss

This is really an interesting subject. And as many other things it really need some definitions I think... What do you mean by beeing dishonest, telling lies - little white lies or beeing an compulsive liar? It's a huge difference.
- But since Pisces is brought up in the mix, I wanted to state my oppinion. I'm Pisces, and a weird mixture of really really honest and feeling almost like I have no choice rather then lie sometimes.
Something in my chart make me very honest, I don't like lying about even the smallest things, everyday commonly things... I always tell the truth, I see no point in lying. Especially not in the effort to make me into something I'm not... If I have lied sometimes, I go around feeling guilty, and dishonest and like my whole integrity is broken...

But the times I can lie is when I think I might hurt somebodys feelings. Then I can lie even before I've given it a thought, or at least it's really difficult for me to be honest.
Like my aunt said (which also is a pisces with a lot of similarities to my chart): "I don't lie, unless I really have to!" And I know exactly what she means, beacuse when I can hurt someones feelings I can be enclined to feel that I have to lie...

Back to the topic... Mercury is the planet that rules thives, tricksters and jugglers... So I can see why it's a link to liars there. But I'm not sure about the moon in gemini part...

And I can recognise Neptune/Pisces and the foggyness, because I sometimes can loose track of what is true, when my feelings clouds everything up. I think a heavy Neptune influence can make you feel that this or that is true without seeing it clearly. Two very different reasons for lying...

Last edited:

Inconjunct

Indeed, and yet astrologers who write defiinitions in astrology books or websites are making a host of generalizations that define every sign, placement, and aspect. The question is, which ones are accurate?

I think it is better to use these books only as guides. It is better to develop your own knowledge of the planetary principles, the signs and the houses and thereby develop your own intuition and experience to interpret the symbols of astrology for yourself.

With all aspects of communication, there is the potential for miscommunication, whether that is deliberate or not. I would think an afflicted Mercury might indicate problems in this direction, but would not say definitely that the person was "dishonest".

Neptune Rising

Moon in hard aspect to Neptune is more that there are family deceptions and lies and from or to the mother figure...often addictions and neuroses.

I agree with this, family deceptions and illusions, dissillusionment.

It can also show imagination and psychic sensitivity, as well as compassion.

NR

Neptune Rising

Moon in Gemini on its own is not necessarily dishonest. I know a wonderful writer with this Moon. As others here have already said, it has to have some more 'illusionary' aspects tied into it. Mercury in hard aspect to Neptune would make me think of deceptions, as well as intuitions, and imaginations.

I have synastry with someone's Neptune square to my Mercury. We greatly inspired each other, but too many deceptions and hidden elements also involved.

NR

I think ALL the mutable moons are restless, and capable of duplicity. When Neptune gets involved, like others have said it causes, deceptions, illusions, sacrifices and rose tinted glasses.

There is a 'plethora' of information on AW, espec in the 'stickys' at the top of every forum, our Education forum and Recommendations forum to. Plus we have a good search feature,[but not foolproof obviously, so try here first] bit like google using keywords – initially select advanced and try just selecting 'titles' rather than posts or you'll get too many threads. If this doesn’t get results then try google

What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html

Hello there. I happen to have Moon in Gemini, in 8th house, and also Moon opp Neptune (not very strong though).

If you believe me, I do not think these have anything to do with dishonesty. I found something about this in "The astrologer's handbook", saying that people with Moon in Gemini have tendancy to be restless and like talking incessantly...you know, like typical Gemini...

I do not talk much, coz I am a typical Scorpio, but I am restless in the sense that I like to be occupied with more than one things at the same time and switching constantly. For example, I love to change TV channels, I love to browse websites at the same time of watching a movie...I think Moon in Gemini explains it somehow :biggrin:

Kannon

I bet the above quote about Moon in Gemini people was written with the bias of a water sign (or maybe earth sign) person. The different elements have different values and expectations. I, a very earthy person, have many friends born with Moon in Gemini, and I do not find them to be deceptive, hoodwinking me or any others that I observed around us. I might take the word that my friend wants to meet up again same place, same time, but for an air-type person, this is not perceived as a commitment, but an expression of their intention before other information or circumstance give them other options. As their friend, I do not want to limit their options. The water-type person may feel hurt or disappointed, not understanding that to get together with an air-type (or even fire-type) person you need to catch them closer to the moment. Words come easier for the air types. That doesn't mean they are liars or two-faced.

Moon in Gemini generally indicates a person who connects emotionally readily through conversation, being receptive to new ideas and novel concepts. Changeability of the Mercurial nature does not necessarily mean that the person contradicts themselves to the extent of being truthful at one moment and lying the next. That is an old stereotype. However, they are flighty in tendency and can be hard to nail down. Catch them in the moment. Don't place expectations on them beforehand, regardless of what they say.

The above interpretation and most of the content on the website you cited are written at an intermediate level of astrology in my opinion. Often those practising at this level have not yet dealt with their own ego desires to nail others on moral faults, etc, rather than looking for the essence of each unique individual and inspiring them to reach their potential.

Moon in Gemini opp, CP or square Neptune is someone who has potential with creative writing, acting. etc, and these people should be encouraged towards this.

fieryfish

well i am a pisces with a gemini moon. my thought on this is that everyone lies in some form or another, whether it's with a human being or youre just lying to yourself. i would rather not say anything than lie just because its what someone wants to hear. I am truthful to a fault sometimes. do i lie sometimes? yes. like i said, im pretty sure everyone does. like my boss when she asks me if i did something that im obviously gonna get nagged at for, if i am caught red handed i will admit it.. but if she cant prove it or i can weasle my way out of an unnecessary talking to, ok!
if yoiu ask me for my opinion i will tell it like it is. i wont sugarcoat it, but i will still try to make u feel better if it herts your feelings. the truth is important! i do exaggerate stories pretty good though. maybe its because im actually pretty boring and i want people to think im more outgoing than i am most of the time. and by the way, if youre making 100k a year from growing pot and someone asks what you do for a living.. tell them you play the stock market:rightful:

EhTeam

YES!
My husband..... He has sun/moon/asc in Gemini.
Moon in House 11; Taurus.
Moon square jupiter.
Moon sesquiquadrate pluto.

Neptune in House 5.
Sun opposite Neptune.
Saturn square Neptune.
Venus opposite Neptune.
Mars square Neptune.

I love him to pieces, but he lies at work, or to me about stupid things! Typically these are just white lies, and most people are guilty of these.

What I have noticed, is the frequency of these. These are things I wouldn't be mad about if he told the truth. On one hand, it is so trivial that if he told the truth or lied, it wont be 'make or breaking' my day. On the flip side, I wonder, if he is so casual in making 'white lies'....what is he fibbing about/hiding/sugar coating elsewhere?

Horus

What I have noticed, is the frequency of these. These are things I wouldn't be mad about if he told the truth. On one hand, it is so trivial that if he told the truth or lied, it wont be 'make or breaking' my day. On the flip side, I wonder, if he is so casual in making 'white lies'....what is he fibbing about/hiding/sugar coating elsewhere?

Yeah that's my concern as well. I'm not worried so much about the Gemini Moon itself causing problems; it's her Moon conjunct Mercury and both opposite Neptune that make me wonder if this is the perfect recipe for delusion and/or compulsive and pathological lying. My B.S. detector keeps going off and that makes me wonder what she's hiding.

crazybutterfly

I'm an Aquarius Sun & Moon in Gemini...with also Mars in Gemini...

Personally I don't think just the Moon in Gemini can make a person out to be the biggest liar. Gemini Sun or Gemini Mercury seems more like they would lie...but this all really depends on a person's whole chart.

But personally being a Moon in Gemini myself, I definitely don't go around lying a lot. I have bad thoughts & bad things to say about a lot of people & I encourage expressing these bad things. I don't feel bad about this at all.

BUT then again....If I DID lie...I won't feel bad about that at all either. I think my point is, I might not lie often but if I do lie a very big lie, it won't bother me at all. But I'm saying I never really come to the point of having to lie to someone because I don't have a problem saying the truth to them in the first place

kbell

Gemini moon opp neptune here. Fickleness for sure, but not intentional deception. I literally change my mind a lot especially in love matters. I've always had a hard time stabilizing any relationships, and often been accused of being like a rollercoaster.

desperateneptune

gemini moon opposition neptune, mercury semi sextile neptune. i personally might say a few ''white'' lies so as not to spoil the moment but i am never dishonest- what i say is true as far as i know- in two days it might have changed. sometimes i get a bit carried away and i consider my life a big theatre stage and i play different roles, but thats not dishonesty :love: