Nwhat's the difference between a quintile and a trine?

fullmoonlibra

I have venus quintile jupiter.
Venus and jupiter both are strong, because they are angular and in their own signs.
Venus in Taurus in tenth (conjunct MC) and Jupiter in Pisces in seventh (sextile MC).

A quintile is perceived as a trine by other people, but the person self feels it as a sextile.

I don't know if I should take a quintile serious or not.
Has it the same worth as a trine or less?
Has it the same worth as a sextile or more?
Or is it not that important to mention.

I cee

Hi Fullmoon Libra,
I have been looking more into the minor aspects as well in my chart!
I think that as yours is conjuncting an angle in your chart, that yes it is significant
I read on star IQ.com by jeff jawer that quintiles are very creative aspects and bestows talent, apparently Micheal Jackson had quite a few.
I have quintiles with venus and mars and Venus uranus
I sculp and craft which is very venus/mars and perhaps with uranus in there gives a unique touch, this is how I see it!

This link might be of use

http://hniizato.com/2008/08/quintile-aspect-creativity-and/.html

Maybe the quintile kind of backs up the expression in creativity you maybe have because of the signs and planets involved, ie, you have venus in taurus, so very venusian and aspecting jup expands this and in pisces which can be artistic being Neptune?

Last edited:

!4C

[FONT=&quot]A trine combines energy from similar elements, which is expected to be harmonious and produce something consistent with those elements.

The quintiles find a way to harmoniously combine different elements that are expected to be incompatible. Squares differ from the quintiles in that the conflict between the elements may be just as counterproductive as they are productive.
[/FONT]

fullmoonlibra

I'm still in search about the quintile to give deeper meaning to it.
And I've found some simple explanation what the quintile could mean.

http://astrofix.net/2011/06/28/quintile-and-biquintile-quirks/

What I still want to understand:
How does the quintile work with Venus and Jupiter?
It's the only quintile in my chart.
Does it expands beauty, give lots of travel opportunities, expands the social relations, gives a lot of money, like it works with aspects as trine, sextile, square, opposition, conjunction?

sequestra

I'm still in search about the quintile to give deeper meaning to it.
And I've found some simple explanation what the quintile could mean.

http://astrofix.net/2011/06/28/quintile-and-biquintile-quirks/

What I still want to understand:
How does the quintile work with Venus and Jupiter?
It's the only quintile in my chart.
Does it expands beauty, give lots of travel opportunities, expands the social relations, gives a lot of money, like it works with aspects as trine, sextile, square, opposition, conjunction?

It's interesting considering the article you linked. What would an idiosyncratic quirk look like between venus and jupiter? Something like an odd fashion sense that you can pull off and manage to look awesome applying, but that anyone else would be laughed at for? Or something like 'vanity' that others find endearing rather than offputting? Or maybe a tendency to go really over the top in terms of spoiling oneself, being excessive about having the best of everything etc, which would be regarded obnoxious in many/most but on you people might find charming?

Idk, seems like it would be something like that if the article is anything to go by (not saying you are any of those things, just throwing ideas out there). :tongue:

ETA: Stainedblue sent me a good link earlier with a rundown description of various aspects, quintile included. Here's the link http://www.adze.com/Classroom/aspects.html ; and here is what it had to say about quintiles:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] When planets are quintile or bi-quintile this is an indication of uncommon creative energy and talent. They are trend-setters and need an audience. The energy here is specialized and purposely striving toward power. Quintile and bi-quintile energy can be romantic, playful and demonstrative. The quintile family of aspects can indicate science, math and engineering. There's a need to make things happen. Cosmic will seems to be at play here, so if creative things aren't happening, then look for destruction. Quintiles and bi-quintiles bring a certain dignity, clarity, pride and unusual sexual energy. A quintile resonates with the Sun, Fixed, Fire and Leo energy. [/FONT]

Last edited:

Alice McDermott

I have written a little about quintiles here: http://aliceportman.com/quintiles/

As your Venus is conjunct the MC, which I assume is in Taurus, your Venus-Jupiter quintile can indicate creative talents applied to the career. As Jupiter is in the 7th house, this could entail working in a partnership or as an advocate of some kind.

How it would otherwise work would depend upon your whole chart.

As to the difference between a quintile and a trine: trines a very flowing aspects, one doesn't need to put a lot of effort into their manifestation; quintiles are power aspects, they carry a lot of energy with them. They tend to be rather demanding and people who use them will march to their own drummer, particularly if they also have and out-of-bounds planet involved.

Wolfgang Mozart is a really good example of a strongly quintile person.

Alice

Last edited:

Alice McDermott

Here is Wolfgang Mozart's chart, with the quintile and biquintile aspects.

Alice

Attachments

• Wolfgang Mozart.jpg
    Wolfgang Mozart.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 52

Poupoupidou

A quintile is perceived as a trine by other people, but the person self feels it as a sextile.
I don't know if I should take a quintile serious or not.
Has it the same worth as a trine or less?
Has it the same worth as a sextile or more?
Or is it not that important to mention.

A quintile suggests a natural talent or a disposition to develop a talent. You can be a natural at playing tennis, but you still need to train to become a master. A trine is a like a solid structure which you can rely on right from the start.

I think a sextile and a quintile have more or less the same value. A sextile is an opportunity, a quintile is more like an automatism.

Poupoupidou

A quintile often translates into a natural aptitude. Those having a quintile, know about it, but must train it to become masters. Trines are facilitating and processing the flow of energy, even when it is excessive. They are immediately effective and can operate uncounsciously.