Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

Christmas is one day when people try not to argue fuss or fight.

Which is not a problem for Astrologers' Community, because we here never argue with anyone about anything!. :innocent:

leomoon

Here is a new article written by Robert Hand he was passing out today.

It is based on the Winter Solstice chart - then into 2021 with the Spring, Summer and finally, Winter of 2021 charts.

Curious? I was....:surprised:
I recently wrote an article for the Mark Willis Leadership Journal. I believe you all will find it very interesting. It begins on pg. 28. Have a read by clicking below and share freely. Robert Hand

https://issuu.com/willisleadership/...VMnLgMljpGaG9ypqRgVOTSN_OvpM_I3d5mgGHX-akTiBw

p.s. I downloaded the entire magazine, as a pdf then was able to read more legibly - pages 28-31 which is his article.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

I used the Valens 40 days of the moon technique to find out my death (don't ask) and found out I'm going to be murdered.

My 40 days moon is 10 degrees Scorpio conjunct mars and chiron...ouch!

leomoon

Hi Opal. I found a Winter Solstice chart online (it was based in NC not D.C.) but close enough for what I do,:biggrin:....and found the following just as he said seems it already happened, and we are in the throes of it -

WINTER SOLSTICE 2020:
Has a Grand Square (Nodes, Vesta (courts & justice) , Neptune) – Thus far sounds right – over 58 Trump lawsuits most based on conspiracy theories. ….(Neptune) or let’s say, most based on fly by night theories Neptunian dreams. Puts Jupiter & Saturn both at 00 Aquarius (technology (AQ) sector) in the 4th house. This has to do (he suggests) with something at home, (4th) could be real estate and computer technology issues undermining us.
So far, that part is true.

Russia’s massive hacking into major depts of the Government, (perhaps the Treasury Dept?) which we still don’t have all the understanding of other then it was huge. Biden cannot get the information he needs from Trump's people now.

4th house has Jupiter cj. Saturn and 5th house Neptune which he talks about at length and can see what part of the country seems to be most affected. Neptune (speculation house, the 5th) ....

Certainly sounds like it can interfere eventually with these two or 3 issues R.Hand mentioned:

Russian government hackers are behind a broad espionage campaign that has compromised U.S. agencies, including Treasury and Commerce
Russian hack’s sophistication impresses even the experts ...

Q3CX+8itEfa9DwdSDdhIz1KG2oQTp5RMpoijZj9AqbgVLrJNvqqAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/12/14/russia-hack-us-government/

Last edited:

leomoon

I used the Valens 40 days of the moon technique to find out my death (don't ask) and found out I'm going to be murdered.

My 40 days moon is 10 degrees Scorpio conjunct mars and chiron...ouch!

I'd love to hear more about this method when you recover, :crying:....if you feel like sharing.

Opal

Premium Member
Hi Opal. I found a Winter Solstice chart online (it was based in NC not D.C.) but close enough for what I do,:biggrin:....and found the following just as he said seems it already happened, and we are in the throes of it -

WINTER SOLSTICE 2020:
Has a Grand Square (Nodes, Vesta, Neptune) – Thus far sounds right – over 58 Trump lawsuits most based on conspiracy theories. ….(Neptune) or let’s say, most based on fly by night theories Neptunian dreams. Puts Jupiter & Saturn both at 00 Aquarius in the 4th house. This has to do (he suggests) with something at home, (4th) could be real estate and computer technology issues undermining us.
So far, that part is true. Russia’s massive hacking into major depts of the Government, (perhaps the Treasury Dept?) which we still don’t have all the understanding of other then it was huge. Biden cannot get the information he needs from Trump's people now.

4th house has Jupiter cj. Saturn and 5th house Neptune which he talks about at length and can see what part of the country seems to be most affected. Neptune (speculation house, the 5th) ....

Certainly sounds like it can interfere eventually with these two or 3 issues R.Hand mentioned:

Russian government hackers are behind a broad espionage campaign that has compromised U.S. agencies, including Treasury and Commerce

Interesting, I have just started looking at "Mechanics of the Future - Asteroids" by Martha Lang-Wescott. I believe Vesta is in there, I have just printed out the named asteroids, I will check out Vesta, and her take on it. She is a Uranian Astrologer, heavily into midpoints and the Ebertin philosophy.

Chrysalis

I'd love to hear more about this method when you recover, :crying:....if you feel like sharing.

Erm okay :alien:

Without going to deep into it, you basically forward your natal chart 40 days forward from your date of birth, this is supposed to represent your death.

Wherever your moon ends up is how you will die. Take aspects from your 40 days moon into account.

Experimenting with this method on dead celebs I've also found other aspects come into play too, in the new chart.

leomoon

Interesting, I have just started looking at "Mechanics of the Future - Asteroids" by Martha Lang-Wescott. I believe Vesta is in there, I have just printed out the named asteroids, I will check out Vesta, and her take on it. She is a Uranian Astrologer, heavily into midpoints and the Ebertin philosophy.

I think I sold it. But I do have a few other Uranian astrologer's books (AFA) smaller books published - Emma Mae Donath wrote Asteroids in Synastry,

and anything by Helen Adams Garrett is good, (pamphlet size books Uranian Astrology) like Karmic Horoscope and Retrogrades she wrote.

But my favorite Asteroids book to go to: (and I only use the big 4) (all related to Venus & the Moon -) Asteroid Goddesses (Demetra George) and Mythic Astrology- the Archetypal Horoscope - by Ariel Guttman & KennethJohnson

leomoon

Erm okay :alien:

Without going to deep into it, you basically forward your natal chart 40 days forward from your date of birth, this is supposed to represent your death.

Wherever your moon ends up is how you will die. Take aspects from your 40 days moon into account.

Experimenting with this method on dead celebs I've also found other aspects come into play too, in the new chart.

I'll let you know how I made out with it. In particular, my late mother & daughter's charts should be interesting....

Thanks :cool: (I think), lol - I HOPE to go in my sleep. :innocent:

added:

Chysalis:
I found it online, the entire PDF in full:

https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

Book 2 is a lot to digest regarding mortality.

Neither of my loved ones was a violent death however. .....Yet I"m now curious too about my own. :)

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
I think I sold it. But I do have a few other Uranian astrologer's books (AFA) smaller books published - Emma Mae Donath wrote Asteroids in Synastry,

and anything by Helen Adams Garrett is good, (pamphlet size books Uranian Astrology) like Karmic Horoscope and Retrogrades she wrote.

But my favorite Asteroids book to go to: (and I only use the big 4) (all related to Venus & the Moon -) Asteroid Goddesses (Demetra George) and Mythic Astrology- the Archetypal Horoscope - by Ariel Guttman & KennethJohnson

Thank you Leomoon, I will keep my eyes open for them. I got this one at a very cool book sale, of an estate. I am still going through the books I got there. The guy had an amazing library. He had a wall of cookbooks, and two rooms of metaphysical/ancient history/biblical writings. He was Muslim. I never met him, and I am grateful the stars sent me there. I had to buy another bookshelf.

Opal

Premium Member
Hi Leomoon,

Vesta, briefly, represents “sacrifice of the self, for a greater goal.” Also known as a workaholic entity.

With Neptune, I will quote the negative aspect since it was square.

“To be disappointed with rewards and compensations found through work; to use work to “bury your head in the sand” and remain passive about other areas that need attention in the life;”

With the nodes again negative aspect square

“To use work as a reason or replacement for being antisocial”

Wow, they both sound rather fitting to the situation.

WINTER SOLSTICE 2020:
Has a Grand Square (Nodes, Vesta (courts & justice) , Neptune) – Thus far sounds right – over 58 Trump lawsuits most based on conspiracy theories. ….(Neptune) or let’s say, most based on fly by night theories Neptunian dreams. Puts Jupiter & Saturn both at 00 Aquarius (technology (AQ) sector) in the 4th house. This has to do (he suggests) with something at home, (4th) could be real estate and computer technology issues undermining us.
So far, that part is true.

Russia’s massive hacking into major depts of the Government, (perhaps the Treasury Dept?) which we still don’t have all the understanding of other then it was huge. Biden cannot get the information he needs from Trump's people now.

leomoon

Thank you Leomoon, I will keep my eyes open for them. I got this one at a very cool book sale, of an estate. I am still going through the books I got there. The guy had an amazing library. He had a wall of cookbooks, and two rooms of metaphysical/ancient history/biblical writings. He was Muslim. I never met him, and I am grateful the stars sent me there. I had to buy another bookshelf.

IF I was 20 yrs younger, I'd have been super thrilled too Opal! But now I'm at the place in life where I just need to divest myself as much as possible of the material things that clutter up my life.

BTW:

Accdg, to Demetra George: pg. 124 - Vesta has a strong affinity with Scorpio and Virgo and she speaks about the ancient astronomical symbols of the constellations. (Vesta - Scorpio - sex) Virgo (focus, work, alienation, sacrifice (the vestal virgins) The aspect of a Yod, which is traditionally displayed as a luminous flame (the very flame that depicts the vestal priestesses)
The continuity of the Roman State depended on the Temple of Vesta which held the laws of the State.

I also read (perhaps in the other book), that the laws of Rome were protected in the Temple by the vestials, and Mark Antony and Caesar visited before a war was conducted......(I'll post it when I find again)

THIS is why I associate this asteroid with the higher Laws(justice)

leomoon

Opal: Ref - Temple of Vesta: ("Mythic Astrology - Archetypal Powers in the Horoscope" *Guttman & Johnson

pg. 118
"If a Vestal encountered a prisoner on his way to execution, she had the power to set him free". It was the Vestals who were the keepers of important wills and public documents. Mark Antony had to secure Julius Caesar's will from the Vestals before he could read it aloud in his famous oration over Caesar's corpse."
(note: They had tremendous power, BUT if a Vestal Virgin were found guilty of breaking her vow of chastity she could be buried alive) :crying:

In older age, they were allowed to leave and marry.

As for its connection to Virgo: in the Greek:

http://www.theoi.com/Titan/Astraia.html
Astraea, meaning 'starry', was a Greek title for Virgo which as Aratus says might derive from Astraeus who was her father. Astraea once dwelt on earth among mankind. She became ever critical of the Brazen Age man, for their violence and greed, and for no longer upholding justice. She departed the earth in disgust.

From Constellation of Words:
Virgo is also portrayed as Justice (Justitia) holding the scales of Libra.

and:

"At her rising Erigone (Virgo) , who reigned with justice over a bygone age and fled when it fell into sinful ways, bestows high eminence by bestowing supreme power; she will produce a man to direct the laws of the state and the sacred code; one who will tend with reverence the hallowed temples of the gods. [Astronomica, Manilius, 1st century AD, p.265

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Interesting, thanks for following up on this.
However, even from the explanation, it would seem that Vesta had the responsibility of keeping and safeguarding the written law, but not making or carrying it out.
There is a different.
Along with the idea of "safeguarding" Vesta is the keeper of the hearth and the flame. Translated into the Goddess of home, hearth and family.
But not Law in itself. This would equate with granting her the Building, as opposed to what it contains, the house rather than the home.

leomoon

Interesting, thanks for following up on this.
However, even from the explanation, it would seem that Vesta had the responsibility of keeping and safeguarding the written law, but not making or carrying it out.
There is a different.
Along with the idea of "safeguarding" Vesta is the keeper of the hearth and the flame. Translated into the Goddess of home, hearth and family.
But not Law in itself. This would equate with granting her the Building, as opposed to what it contains, the house rather than the home.

If Vesta had the right (one of the Virgins) to stop an execution from occurring, through granting mercy, seems like they had quite a bit of authority regarding the law.

("Mythic Astrology - Archetypal Powers in the Horoscope" *Guttman & Johnson

pg. 118
"If a Vestal encountered a prisoner on his way to execution, she had the power to set him free

leomoon

I see Vesta almost like the Supreme Court of the U.S. It houses the laws for the State (in this case country), and is symbolically suppose to safeguard them for the people. Same with Vesta. The Temple of Vesta safeguarded the higher wills and important documents of the country.

Donald Trump's natal Vesta in the 8th hs. will soon be square to transiting Pluto

https://savemyatar.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/...https://www.bing.com/search?form=MOZTSB&pc=MOZI&q=mark+antony+and+the+temple+of+vesta#
Nov 01, 2012 · In an attempt to generate propaganda and gain the allegiance of the senate, it was alleged that Octavian illegally broke into the sacred Temple of Vesta in order to obtain Mark Antony’s will titled ‘The Donations of Alexandria’ and openly vilified its contents to the senators.

leomoon

I see Vesta almost like the Supreme Court of the U.S. It houses the laws for the State (in this case country), and is symbolically suppose to safeguard them for the people. Same with Vesta. The Temple of Vesta safeguarded the higher wills and important documents of the country.

Donald Trump's natal Vesta in the 8th hs. will soon be square to transiting Pluto

https://savemyatar.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/...https://www.bing.com/search?form=MOZTSB&pc=MOZI&q=mark+antony+and+the+temple+of+vesta#
Nov 01, 2012 · In an attempt to generate propaganda and gain the allegiance of the senate, it was alleged that Octavian illegally broke into the sacred Temple of Vesta in order to obtain Mark Antony’s will titled ‘The Donations of Alexandria’ and openly vilified its contents to the senators.

I may be on the wrong track, but it seems to always work for me when I watch Vesta during lawsuits and other things concerning the Law.

Opal

Premium Member
Hi Leomoon and ElenaJ,

Lang Wescott adheres to the vestal virgins. She says that between the ages of 6 - 10 young girls were brought to the Temple to serve for 30 years. She indicates that they were not virgins, that they were “kept for a specific purpose” (that of the sexual and progeny needs of the hierarchy)”

Interesting, they were supposedly taught to have sex impersonalized, that they could supply children for a “line”. She insinuates that it was similar to that of a surrogate mother.

“Vesta = work as compensation, work as alienation, work as excuse, work as sublimation of relationship frustrations”

She also refers to Vesta as the “balance” and her balance is her saving grace.

Here is the last line of the Vesta explanation.

“In its most mundane manifestation, Vesta deals with the perception and use of physical space an the home as property.”

leomoon

Lang Wescott adheres to the vestal virgins. She says that between the ages of 6 - 10 young girls were brought to the Temple to serve for 30 years. She indicates that they were not virgins, that they were “kept for a specific purpose” (that of the sexual and progeny needs of the hierarchy)”

It sounds as if she was quoting from Robert Graves in his " the White Goddess" or others who wrote about the pre-Hellenic Vesta myth.

From Hestia in Greece came Vesta in Rome
for they adopted that cult-myth.
In Rome it was difference then in pre-Hellenic times.

"Admitted into the temple at the age of six, they took vows of chastity and celibacy which lasted for the duration of their 30 year service"
"Those who broke their vow were meted out a cruel deat
h"

To compensate for such a severe life, they were granted many privileges in Rome. They had sovereign power in many areas and consuls and proctors bowed before them to honor them. (I already mentioned they had the ability to pardon a death warrant for a criminal)

I don't read myths prior to Greek and Roman and I believe most of the associations we have with the asteroids are from these days and those peoples. (although others may think otherwise, I would suggest each person try out their own favorite asteroids and then apply to their charts for study over time) I mean, we could go back (as humans) to Cro-Magnon man, and find myths I would suggest. From Wiki: .
There was also a push for some matriarchal religion based around the Venus figurines. Though these are now contested in academia, they have notably fueled the Goddess movement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_European_modern_humans

In Greek mythology Vesta was the first Olympian to be born to Cronus (Saturn) and last to be reborn when Zeus (Jupiter) freed his siblings - and subsequently Vesta chose to remain a virgin refusing to marry either Apollo or Poseidon. (Demetra George "Asteroid Goddesses".

Perhaps this period is when the myth changes into something otherwise then Graves speaks about.

Last edited: