Will I successfully reconnect with my ex?

Katyusha

Hi there! This is about a guy I used to see a lot - we weren't really ever bf/gf, but I do miss him. We were fwb for a while and then started seeing each other,but it ended badly - I was in an unhappy place and got a bit too clingy so he freaked out. I loved him very, very much and still care a lot about him so want to reconnect.
However, even though I was so in love with him I don't want us to get back together - he was bipolar (still is), he didn't do anything about it and every little issue always became a big one with him - it was simply too much work and I feel like I had to compromise my happiness for his.
So I don't want to get back together but I still feel bad about how things ended between us, so I kind of want this to be like a peace offering, an ''olive branch''. I want to say sorry for the things I did wrong and let him know I'm there for him. Best case scenario - we become friends.
Do you guys think it's worth doing or is he just gonna shrug it off and forget about it?
So quite literally everything exceot for that Mercury - Moon - Jupoter Grand trine has been a big fat NO

I, Mercury , am in his fall so I cant really do much about anything. Also Sun is seperating from me so quite possibly he wouldn'f find me sexually attractive anymore - which is fine!
He is in my first house and ruled by me so quite possibly he sees me favourably, however we are both debilitated by being retrograde so no action takes place. Jupiter is also not in a happy place being in Virgo so not a lot of power to act. We are also seperating from a trine so whatever happened between us is already in the past. Venus, my womanly self is, also seperating from a square with Jupiter so quite possibly he was disappointed in me as a woman. So far so good haha!

HOWEVER I am in his 11th house of friends so we can still be that, right? And the Moon is in a nice, stable sign, ruled by the lovely Venus, and is performing translation of light between Merc and Jup - so quite possibly that shows us a sort of ''coming together''? Not very sue about the meaning.

Anyways, please let me know what you think and if youve noticed any mistakes in mh reading I'd love to know!

Thanks!

Attachments

• reunion111.jpg
    reunion111.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Do you guys think it's worth doing [trying to reconnect so you can make things better although you do not want a relationship]or is he just gonna shrug it off and forget about it?

It appears that your judgment about this is off because you/Merc are both combust the Sun and retrograde.
And, as you note, he is in bad shape, both in his detriment and also in his fall.
But the main point in answering your question about "it is worth it to try to approach him to make things better, to make you feel better?", I don't think so. And the main reason is his/Jupiter's reception to you/Mercury. It's averse. You are in the sign of his fall. That's a big, exaggerated [bi-polar?] aversion. It is you who is still very inclined toward him, Jupiter being in the sign of both your dignity and exaltation. And your inclination toward him is exaggerated, too.

This does not seem to me to be a very effective means of helping you feel better about how things turned out. And I do not think this whole matter is clear to you at this time. I would either table it for the time being, or just forget about it.

virgo18

This is weird. Im confused about the positions and receptions of the planets.

Jupiter is in the 1st house, so that means that he is inclined towards her. But Mercury is in Capricorn, (sign that jupiter deslike a LOT)

Mercury LOVES Jupiter being in Virgo. She likes him way too much. But being in Capricorn looks to me that she behaves in a way that he doesnt like.

This situation is quite contradictory: He is interested in her but he doesn't like her?

Can you explain this Ilenek?

I see a reconnection. And it is obvious she will take the lead because Mercury is the faster planet.

tikana

grrrrr

okay

L7 in H1 - he loves her the most BUT
L1 cannot deliver what L7 needs
but then L7 sacrifices himself to make L1 happy.

L1 changes sign and becomes peregrine to L7.

which leads to a break up

Tik

IleneK

Premium Member

Jupiter is in the 1st house, so that means that he is inclined towards her. But Mercury is in Capricorn, (sign that jupiter deslike a LOT)

Mercury LOVES Jupiter being in Virgo. She likes him way too much. But being in Capricorn looks to me that she behaves in a way that he doesnt like.

This situation is quite contradictory: He is interested in her but he doesn't like her?

I see a reconnection. And it is obvious she will take the lead because Mercury is the faster planet.

I see the reconnection you refer to. She is takingthe lead already as we see in this complex and confused, I think, post.

I was answering the actual, and I think more pressing, question posed by querent in her post: Is it worth it? And I think that despite his hanging out in her house and what that may suggest, that the averse reception is more compelling. Compelling enought for me to say that I have no doubt it will not be "worth it," which were the heart and the words of her query.

I really wasn't answering if they will reconnect. It seems likely they may, but I don't see it being worth it.

IleneK

Premium Member

I see the reconnection you refer to. She is takingthe lead already as we see in this complex and confused, I think, post.

I was answering the actual, and I think more pressing, question posed by querent in her post: Is it worth it? And I think that despite his debilitated significator hanging out in her house and what that may suggest, that the averse reception is more compelling. Compelling enought for me to say that I have no doubt it will not be "worth it," which were the heart and the words of her query.

I really wasn't answering if they will reconnect. It seems likely they may, but I don't see it being worth it.

RisingSag

His significator is in a sign your significator rules, & is in the 1st house. He really likes you. Your significator is in the 5th house, under sun beams. You like him for fun, more than as a relatuonship, but your pulling away from him. Which is probably good, because your significator is pulling away from the sun. Then mercury goes direct, completes the trine to jupiter, but is combust by the sun. You change your mind about him, want to rekindle what you had, but it doesnt happen due to the combustion.

Katyusha

grrrrr

okay

L7 in H1 - he loves her the most BUT
L1 cannot deliver what L7 needs
but then L7 sacrifices himself to make L1 happy.

L1 changes sign and becomes peregrine to L7.

which leads to a break up

Tik

Thank you ! I was confused about Ilene's reading as I've always been under the impression that if let's say his sig - Jupiter is in Virgo, he's in ''my'' exaltion, therefore, he's ruled by me - likes ''me''. Also, ''L1 cannot deliver what L7 needs'' do you read that by me being in his fall - unhappy sign? And what does it mean that L7 will sacrifice himself to make L1 happy? Is this in any way referring to what happened in the past or the future? Thanks!

Katyusha

This could all be explained by the fact that i think he did really like me but I wanted to have a relationship whereas he wanted to ''take it slow''. I dont know what it is about me but I am incapable of taking it slow when it comes to someone I am crazy about. So I suppose he let me go so that I could find someone who would want to be my boyfriend...
How nice of him lol

I do still have feelings for him but its like doing crystal meth - it might feel great but I know I'm gonna end up absolutely effed up if I try it. Not even once lol. (i have never done meth fyi)

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you ! I was confused about Ilene's reading as I've always been under the impression that if let's say his sig - Jupiter is in Virgo, he's in ''my'' exaltion, therefore, he's ruled by me - likes ''me''.

The way he/Jupiter is inclined toward you/Merc is based on how he sees your sign. Your sign is Capricorn, the sign of Jupiter's fall. So he is averse to you.

The way you/Mer are inclined toward him/Jupiter is based on how you see his sign. His sign is your dignity and exaltation. So you are very inclined toward him.

That is how traditional reception functions. Hope this helps clear it up.

Katyusha

The way he/Jupiter is inclined toward you/Merc is based on how he sees your sign. Your sign is Capricorn, the sign of Jupiter's fall. So he is averse to you.

The way you/Mer are inclined toward him/Jupiter is based on how you see his sign. His sign is your dignity and exaltation. So you are very inclined toward him.

That is how traditional reception functions. Hope this helps clear it up.

Oh ok I see! See I always for some reason thought it was the other way around! So basically if my sig- Merc - was in Cancer and Jupiter was in Pisces would mean he likes me more than I do, because of the dignities?

tikana

Katyusha

here is the thing.. we are not opposing each other

the problem is Lilly has one way of seeing receptions Frawley more modern is seeing the opposite

T

virgo18

The problem is that if we use Frawley's receptions, then is a whole different story.
This is the only thing I find quite 'dangerous' in horary astrology.

I prefer Lily's

IleneK

Premium Member
Tikana and IleneK, aren't you guys saying the opposite thing basically? Im confused now :/

We are not saying opposite things.

I said he/Jup is averse to her/Mer in Cap since Cap is the sign of Jup's fall.

Tik said said he/L7 cannot give her/L1 what she wants [ because she/L1 is in the sign of L7's fall.]

I use traditional reception and do not employ Frawley.