Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Technique

Horary Technique This sub-board is the placeholder for all threads concerning theoretical and technical issues in horary astrology.

Unread 01-06-2012, 02:59 AM

POF conjunct Spica

How does this manifest for the querent?

Last edited by SagiCap; 01-17-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Unread 01-07-2012, 06:21 PM

Re: POF conjunct Spica

Well, this is an ambiguous answer but, here goes:

First, the POF can save the Moon for being void, if there are no other aspects.

POF by itself, doesn't really do anything and it's use is determined really by the question.

In love questions I wouldn't give it much to do because you really need strong main significators to pull people together and the POF is really more about money, fame, and that sort of area moreso than love or relationship.

POF on Spica might be significant if, for example, it was on the 7th house or on the Ascendant or conjoined one of the main signifcators or the Moon.
Unread 01-16-2012, 09:14 PM

Congrats on finally finding yourself! wooo welcome. :P

Anyway, may I ask what the question was or can you post a chart?
Unread 01-17-2012, 01:51 AM

POF conjoining Spica (or Arcturus) would HAVE TO indicate a fortunate situation for the querent, which might not be seen from other testimonies in the chart-stars are rarely considered in horary delineation, but they should be (I too am guilty of not checking star connections as often as I should in horary)-stars can significantly modify the indications of any planet they are in close conjunction or Paralle with, and therefore can potentially alter the indications of a given horary chart.
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachiel View Post
Well, this is an ambiguous answer but, here goes:

First, the POF can save the Moon for being void, if there are no other aspects.

POF by itself, doesn't really do anything and it's use is determined really by the question.

In love questions I wouldn't give it much to do because you really need strong main significators to pull people together and the POF is really more about money, fame, and that sort of area moreso than love or relationship.

POF on Spica might be significant if, for example, it was on the 7th house or on the Ascendant or conjoined one of the main signifcators or the Moon.
Anachiel and Dr. Farr:

You both have provided very good answers to the meaning of Part of Fortune conjunct Spica.

In my experience, the Part of Fortune has the effect of the planet Jupiter, in a horary chart. POF has a protective, beneficial quality to it ?

Anachiel, however, is correct in stating that in order to determine the strength of the Part of Fortune in a relationship question, first, we need to find out where that Part happens to be in the radical chart.

If the part happens to fall in the 7th house or 1st house, the Part is considered very helpful, but if not, then not so helpful !

I would also look at horary planets conjoining or squaring the Part of Fortune, especially the significating planets, as that would carry weight, as well ?

Regarding the fixed stars, you MUST be selective. If the fixed star is very close to the angle of the chart, or located in the house ruling the matter, then it has great significance, in my experience... I would give it NO MORE than 45 minutes of orb to the angle, though. (the books say 1 degree (60 minutes) of orb, but the closer the orb, obviously, the more powerful the meaning).

The fixed star Spica, a benevolent fixed star, has the following qualities. It seems to have a 'Virgoan' influence, according to the report below:

Spica or the Ear of Wheat, Alpha Virginis, 23°58' Libra, that which is at the tip of the left hand (in sinistra manu), the Ear of the Wheat (Spica Virginis), or Arista: according to Ptolemy, the Ear of the Wheat is of the nature of Mercury and Mars, according to Fludd, of the nature of Mars and Venus, and according to Leowicz, of the nature of Venus and Mercury. Spica, the Ear of the Wheat, gives a taste for the countryside, or for arts related to products of the earth. It endows with sculpture talents, as well as an inclination for agriculture and cooking. It brings success, riches, love for the arts and science, erudition, and precision. In general, Spica, the Ear of the Wheat, is a beneficial star, unless it is very adversely aspected.

The fixed stars, in my opinion, can add considerable weight to the horary chart, especially when other aspects also indicate a positive answer. Conversely, if the whole chart is a 'stinker,' then a malevolent fixed star would support a negative outcome.

A really excellent book on the fixed stars is by the late Vivian Robson, called: The Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology. Another very good one (more modern?) is by an Australian gal named Bernadette Brady.

If the horary chart could be seen as a play or movie, the planets and ascendant and their signficators would be considered as the 'STARS' of the show, or LEAD actors, while the POF, the nodes, and fixed stars would indicate the GUEST stars... or supporting actors...

regards,

R.J. Smith

Tags
conjunct, spica