Alert! Alert! Grand cross!!!!!

Damo Mayo

And there I was struggling to come up with an explanation for why everyone has been fighting, arguing, upsetting each other and generally going through hell since last night, and why I'm feeling so totally fed up and sick and tired of everyone and their stupid bickering. The atmosphere has been very hostile around town over the past day or so and when I drew up the chart the solution made me shriek rather loudly. Grand cross came into effect a few days ago when Mercury in Virgo swooped in to oppose Uranus in Pisces and complete a grand cross with Mars in Gemini opposite Pluto in Capricorn (which is bad enough as it is). So we have three rather powerful and potentially dangerous planets messing directly with our lower minds. How beautifully awful(!!!!) Is anyone else suffering or watching other people rip each others eyeballs out over the past day or so?

pwadm

Staff member
Right on. Indeed, I have noticed this too. This is a very tensioned time. Happlily Venus comes in to cast a sextile to Mercury, so love/feelings should help stabilize our nervous outbursts.

R4VEN

Well spotted, Damo Mayo.

Whilst the Grand Cross may be now quite wide - given that all of Mercury and Mars and Pluto are now early in the Cardinal signs - we still have that Pluto-Mars opposition, and it is making some people quite crazy IMO.

Our communications (Mercury) are being powerfully influenced by our own personal reactions to the Pluto-Mars opposition. I am seeing quite a lot of the following being `exposed' or played out during interactions with others:

• private insecurities
  • rage, which is actually rage towards oneself; eg. towards one's inner sabateur
  • power struggles, which seem to be about ego and will, but are actually a reflection of each individual's current personal inner struggles - generally between the drives of the ego/will, and the drive for Truth and spirit
  • just plain nastiness - there's been a lot of that.
Of course, if you have personal planets involved in the mix, then you could be feeling it more personally.
eg. I currently - as I write this - have tr Mars exactly conj natal Venus, which means that tr Pluto forms an opposition to natal Venus. I have been incensed for days about the denial of the `feminine' (and what I mean by this is sensitivity and intuition as genuine personal characteristics of value) in Western society. What I believe I have to do with this energy is look a little closer to home for the source of why it is I feel this way!!

Neptune Rising

Is anyone else suffering or watching other people rip each others eyeballs out over the past day or so?

Yes!
My flatmate bit my head off, as well as hurling a load of personal instults to me on Sunday morning because the day before I told her how to use one of my household appliances properly (instead of shoving and forcing it). She brooded on that a whole day then let rip, directing this at me just after I woke up. Mmmm nice!

I saw later that her Mercury is at 1 degree Capricorn, ah ha, that explained alot. Had I seen this prior, I would have taken a week vacation anywhere but at the house. Well, at least I know now to stay away until the end of the week. I'm avoiding her like the plague.

I did think about this, I can see how people with planets at 1 degree will be effected by this lovely allignment of planets, but how comes people without anything at this point recieve the brunt? I have nothing at 1 degree yet she was able to release her force onto me...Now I think about it, I didn't really argue back with her much, I left her to it, not really reacting to the screams I heard chase me out of the house! :tongue:

Definately 'itching for a fight' energies afoot!

Neptune Rising

Our communications (Mercury) are being powerfully influenced by our own personal reactions to the Pluto-Mars opposition. I am seeing quite a lot of the following being `exposed' or played out during interactions with others:

• private insecurities
  • rage, which is actually rage towards oneself; eg. towards one's inner sabateur
  • power struggles, which seem to be about ego and will, but are actually a reflection of each individual's current personal inner struggles - generally between the drives of the ego/will, and the drive for Truth and spirit
  • just plain nastiness - there's been a lot of that.

Mmm this makes sense.
When my flatmate (used to be friend), I think she has been brooding on this for a while, with Pluto conjunct to her Mercury. She also has had a cough for a year, which I instinctively feel is an expression of Pluto conjunct her Mercury - its almost like she wants to say or express something, but everytime she coughs instead. She is keeping her communication suppressed. I'm much more assertive in my communication, and my telling her instructions on using my appliance made her brood and mull it over. Maybe because she could not direct her will as I could, she turned this inner struggle around and attacked me with it.