jupiter in capricon

member5

what are the effects of jupiter in the sign capricron ?,in vedic astrology it is considered to be debilitated sign of jupiter.kindlly tell the effects

david starling

what are the effects of jupiter in the sign capricron ?,in vedic astrology it is considered to be debilitated sign of jupiter.kindlly tell the effects

As an innovative Tropicalist, I consider it a good placement: Imparts ability to inspire improvements in the use of technology.

JUPITERASC

what are the effects of jupiter in the sign capricron ?,
in vedic astrology it is considered to be debilitated sign of jupiter.
kindlly tell the effects
Traditionally, Western Tropical astrologers consider Capricorn Jupiter IS debilitated :smile:

these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=12126
Extended Chart Selecton Page at astro.com has options
to choose
from amongst the fourteen currently most popular house systems in use

good link for the basics of western tropical astrology is http://www.skyscript.co.uk/

waybread

I have Jupiter in Capricorn, and I like it a lot.

Possibly the Saturnian influence somehow dampens its enthusiasm, but I don't think so.

In Placidus, I have Jupiter in the 4th house. In whole signs houses, it moves to the 5th house.

Capricorn as a sign is oriented to the past. I like antiques, old houses, and old books. I like studying genealogy (family history, a 4th house matter.) I love outdoor, wilderness-types of recreation. (Leisure activities are a 5th house matter.)

If you look at your horoscope, your Jupiter might have some other mitigating factors, like a nice trine to another planet, or some of the other dignities of traditional astrology.

In the meantime, I hope you find Capricornian pursuits to be as enjoyable as I do.

david starling

I have Jupiter in Capricorn, and I like it a lot.

Possibly the Saturnian influence somehow dampens its enthusiasm, but I don't think so.

In Placidus, I have Jupiter in the 4th house. In whole signs houses, it moves to the 5th house.

Capricorn as a sign is oriented to the past. I like antiques, old houses, and old books. I like studying genealogy (family history, a 4th house matter.) I love outdoor, wilderness-types of recreation. (Leisure activities are a 5th house matter.)

If you look at your horoscope, your Jupiter might have some other mitigating factors, like a nice trine to another planet, or some of the other dignities of traditional astrology.

In the meantime, I hope you find Capricornian pursuits to be as enjoyable as I do.

I see Jupiter in Capricorn as catalytic, in a beneficial way. :biggrin:
Also, Asc in Virgo as imparting facilitating ability.

JUPITERASC

what are the effects of jupiter in the sign capricron ?
,in vedic astrology it is considered to be debilitated sign of jupiter.
kindlly tell the effects
astrologers tend to have different opinions and often disagree
discover:smile:
how ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES & DEBILITIES are used
to determine the condition of a planet in an astrological chart.

recent - just published 10 May 2018
discusses
ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES and DEBILITIES in Traditional Astrology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVz6xT7yHDs
it's episode 156 of Astrology Podcast
Charles Obert discussing in detail essential dignities
and debilities

BaoSanniang

I also have Jupiter in Capricorn but it's opposite my Sun in Cancer and square Saturn in Aries. My ASC is Sagittarius at 18.03 degrees, does that mean my ASC's basically Capricorn?

JUPITERASC

I also have Jupiter in Capricorn
but it's opposite my Sun in Cancer and square Saturn in Aries.

My ASC is Sagittarius at 18.03 degrees, does that mean my ASC's basically Capricorn?
No. In sidereal, Vedic included, it's in Scorpio.

VIDEO ANIMATION OF TROPICAL & SIDEREAL PERSPECTIVE
WITH DESCRIPTIVE NARRATIVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-DYgGFjI

EXPLANATION OF TROPICAL AND SIDEREAL CALCULATION :smile:
computer generated Tropical Chart differs by DEGREE OCCUPIED
by the PLANET in question
from DEGREE OCCUPIED by the PLANET in question using SIDEREAL

and
in fact
Sidereal location of Moon is easily confirmed
BY VISUAL observation of local skies
when MOON is above horizon
and skies are clear of heavy clouds
when comparing Tropical natal chart with Sidereal natal chart
notice that there is a minimum difference of 20°
up to a maximum of approximately 24°
between TROPICAL AND SIDEREAL MEASUREMENT
ANY planet at 0° OF any TROPICAL SIGN
is SIDEREALLY between approximately 6° - 10°
to a maximum 24° of the PREVIOUS SIGN
dependent on the ayanamsha

siderealDay.jpg

waybread

I also have Jupiter in Capricorn but it's opposite my Sun in Cancer and square Saturn in Aries. My ASC is Sagittarius at 18.03 degrees, does that mean my ASC's basically Capricorn?

No. If your ascendant is in Sagittarius, it is basically Sagittarius. The ascendant's expression can be modified by planets in the first house or in a close aspect to the ascendant.

BaoSanniang

Someone did mention my Descendant's more in Cancer than in Gemini (18.03 degrees Gemini). Why is that?

The ruler of my Descendant's modified by a conjunction to the Sun, a square to Saturn, and it's in 7th house Cancer.

The ruler of my Taurus 5th house (Venus) is trine my Moon, conjunct my Mars, and sextile Saturn. It's in Gemini and in House VI.

1. Will the expression of my Venus be Virgo and Capricorn-like?

2. Will the expression of my Descendant be Cancer, Capricorn, and Libra-like?

3. I have Jupiter in I, in Capricorn, in aspect to Sun (Opposition), Saturn (Square). I don't really identify with SAG ascendant. My Moon in House II is also sextile my Ascendant.

Now the question is: How capable are house placements and aspects when it comes to diminishing / augmenting / modifying, or outright overriding sign placements?

Last edited:

waybread

Signs in astrology work like adjectives or adverbs in a sentence. The planet operates like the noun, or subject of the sentence.

I think sun-sign astrology confuses people, who think someone can be "a Capricorn" or "more like a Capricorn." Sure, we typically say, "He's a Capricorn," but then what we mean is "His sun is in the sign of Capricorn." To say, "He's a Capricorn" is a kind of shorthand or abbreviation.

You and I have Jupiter in Capricorn, but this doesn't make us "more like someone with his sun in Capricorn." It means that Jupiter is in the cardinal earth sign. Cardinal signs typically take the initiative. The earth element has a practical, material expression. The sign is ruled by Saturn, which may constrict or restrain Jupiter's normally expansive expression. A Saturn-ruled Jupiter might be more cautious and reserved than, say, a Jupiter in its own sign of outgoing Sagittarius.

It's important to think through the meaning of each planet. Then consider how the sign placement might colour it. The house will show the planet's preferred area of activity.

waybread

In any of the house systems except whole signs, people will typically have one sign on the house cusp, and then another sign behind it. A given sign will be partly in one house, and partly in the following house. (There are exceptions, but let's stick with the common situations.)

It's really important in astrology to note the sign on a house cusp. Its ruling planet has a lot to say about the affairs of that house.

Planets that aspect one another do modify one another's expression. But it's too confusing, I think, to focus on signs like you just did. Focus on the core meanings of the planets and aspects.