Buying house with Uranus transiting 4th house, good or bad idea?

mahaira

Hi all,

My husband and I are looking into buying a house in the country. We're not rich, so we have to be extra careful. We are looking for a (second) home in nature (regional park, protected environment). We are searching for a place with character we would renovate with our own hands :) We'd still be based in the city where we work and go there on holidays, weekends, share it with our friends, family, meditate, write, do some woodwork :)

Now we've been dreaming about it for some time and in the last few month we realized that our dream is not completely out of reach... but is it a good moment? We don't want to buy a bottomless pit (financially speaking).

So, Uranus transiting 4th house... indicates a change in home environment, moving buying house?
(btw, Neptune is transiting MY 4th house so i'm careful about buying anything with potential humidity and gas problems, it's serious I have already broken a faucet and had a small flood :( )

His Jupiter going through his 10th. Amazing things happened with Jupiter there, in than 6 months he turned his carrier around, got a promotion and a raise, his ambition got a boost. A good sign when planing to take (another) loan.

This coincided with Saturn transiting over his Asc, could this hinder the plans (Saturn going through the 1st) or bring about more stability - buying a house, planting some roots (literally, we plan to plant trees and adopt a kid ;)

Pluto brought about a deep change while transiting his 1st (a lot of pain, healing, tarnsformation and he used all the potential for the better).
Now Pluto is about to enter the 2nd house - ups - expenses we cannot afford? Loss of money? Or natural spending when investing into a house?

Is there anything serious I'm missing? What do you think?

Thank you all for advice!

Attachments

• NatTranHouse.jpg
    NatTranHouse.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 33

aquarius7000

Hi

I don't see any difficulty per the attached chart. With Saturn onthefirst, he could view the loan as a burden! Be careful to read the fine print twice on all the papers! Check the property thoroughly before investing

AppLeo

Maybe Uranus in the 4th house suggests a need for change of homes. This energy is good for a quick, intuitive decision. Just go with your gut and buy it.

Last edited:

Lin

Frankly, I would want to see a composite chart (you and your husband) and the current transits, and the approx date that you contemplate actually being reading and able to buy.
LIN
(you can use the prompts on astro.com for the composite and the transits on the composite)
PS: you probably already know that you need to use everything available to you regarding how much work would need to be done on any potential property....not just the house...but drainage, tree cutting, electrical, and everything that goes with living in that environment. Unless one of you is an expert on construction, you will need to run it by a professional whose job it is to appraise the property for "issues." Then there will be no surprises. Also the "history" of the home and weather/climate issues connected to it.

Last edited:

mahaira

Thank you all!

@aquarius7000
It will certainly be a financial burden, but hopefully with a lot of work it may turn into investment and bring a lot of joy and a very much needed change of direction :)

@AppLeo
Even though we have been thinking about buying a house for years, we have only recently discovered this wonderful area, reasonably near the city we live in, with prices we can actually afford. This enthusiasm we feel now has a little bit of urgency, as we would like our "new life"to start as soon as possible.

We have been somewhat on a pause for the last decade even though we have done a bunch of things. We simply didn't have a feeling of moving in the right direction.

@Lin
We will have a friend who is in construction and lives and works in that area check out the property.
I have attached my natal with transits and our composite with transits.

Composite is telling a similar story: Uranus is still in the 4th and will soon be entering the 5th (we'rethinking about kids, as I mentioned :) Saturn is in the 1st, Pluto in the 2nd. Venus is however in the 4th.

My transits are similar Pluto in second, Saturn entered the 2nd, Venus is in the 4th but Neptune is in the 4th, would this purchase require my sacrifice? Am I not seeing something clearly?
Uranus is in the 5th? (I'm trying to use it for my writing). am I being impulsive?

Thank you again :)

Attachments

• Composite with trans.jpg
    Composite with trans.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 26
  • MY NatTranHouse.jpg
    MY NatTranHouse.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 27

aquarius7000

Mahaira,

you can also ask a Horary question. Formulate a precise question that can get you a yes/no answer! Pull a chart for the date, time and place of when what you really wanted to know came to your mind!

Lin

Something is OFF with your intuition....because when both Jupiter and Uranus change signs there are some VERY difficult and possibly costly transits coming. Actually, Saturn is problematic in Libra too. If you want me to I can identify the transits (the longer term ones) that could be a big issue in the foreseeable future.

Is there any way you can rent in the area you are interested in....before taking a gamble and buying?
Also: I strongly....strongly suggest NOT having a friend appraise and examine your perspective home. A qualified and licensed professional who is a "disinterested" person is the right choice for this job.

When you say children....you mean you are married but have no children at this time, right?
Is this area "child friendly?" Are the incomes in this area comparable to your own?
LIN
PS: I just re-read your OP and I saw this: "- buying a house, planting some roots (literally, we plan to plant trees and adopt a kid "

This all seems very vague to me. Planting a tree and adopting a kid. Like they are similar. You're 42 years old....it could take a couple of years to adopt- it seems as though you are trying to fit a lot of goals in a short period of time. Does your husband share this goal? Is he older or younger than you?
Is there a reason you and your husband have put off having children (or adopting) before this?
If money is an issue will it be possible to adopt? I don't know where you are, or the rules of
adoption etc......so I don't know if you've already researched this and made plans or have had any contact with adoption agencies regarding their guidelines....something is confusing me about this plan.
I'll have to print out the charts and see what it is.:unsure:

Last edited:

mahaira

@aguarius7000
Thank you for the idea. I have never tried this. I'll find a nice quiet moment and see what happens :)

@Lin

Thank you for your reply!
Indeed things may seem a bit rushed, but we've been working for it for over a decade. We moved to another country and our lives got a bit "delayed". Everything took so much more time (natal conjuction Sun-Saturn in the 9th). We had to start from scratch and even get another uni. degree. Our careers were somewhat slower and it influenced our decision to have kids later than we normally would.
We have got a "certificate" for adoption and will become parents soon (that's what they told us, we're are working directly with the government agency, there are no intermediaries).
Our plan is to get a house while the prices are still affordable and even rent it out when we're not there...
We're starting to visit properties tomorrow.
I'm not worried that the first few we see are not what we have been looking for. I don't know what to do if we quickly find what we like. I mean it has already happened to us when we bought the apartment. We saw 3 through an agency and they were horrible. The second one I found and insisted on seeing was the one we ended up buying...
My husband is two years older than me and we are on the same page. We have wanted this for a very long time...

Thank you again!

Lin

By December you will have to make some major decisions. Saturn opposes your Jupiter.

So make sure you have a priority list that you can refer to when up against being presented with a choice/choices. If you have a list and then ignore it you will repent your decision later.

Good luck,
LIN
PS: does your husband have Scorpio rising also? Your composite as well as your own 4th house cusp is Pisces meaning Neptune ruled.

Last edited:

mahaira

Thank you Lin!
I haven't seen your reply.

Our priority list (that you have mentioned :) ) was in fact what saved us from a rushed decision. We still want to move and find a house to turn into a home, but there were, and still are, some things we have to organize first.

My husband's ascendant is Sagittarius.

Flapjacks

Hi all,

My husband and I are looking into buying a house in the country. We're not rich, so we have to be extra careful. We are looking for a (second) home in nature (regional park, protected environment). We are searching for a place with character we would renovate with our own hands :) We'd still be based in the city where we work and go there on holidays, weekends, share it with our friends, family, meditate, write, do some woodwork :)

Now we've been dreaming about it for some time and in the last few month we realized that our dream is not completely out of reach... but is it a good moment? We don't want to buy a bottomless pit (financially speaking).

So, Uranus transiting 4th house... indicates a change in home environment, moving buying house?
(btw, Neptune is transiting MY 4th house so i'm careful about buying anything with potential humidity and gas problems, it's serious I have already broken a faucet and had a small flood :( )

His Jupiter going through his 10th. Amazing things happened with Jupiter there, in than 6 months he turned his carrier around, got a promotion and a raise, his ambition got a boost. A good sign when planing to take (another) loan.

This coincided with Saturn transiting over his Asc, could this hinder the plans (Saturn going through the 1st) or bring about more stability - buying a house, planting some roots (literally, we plan to plant trees and adopt a kid ;)

Pluto brought about a deep change while transiting his 1st (a lot of pain, healing, tarnsformation and he used all the potential for the better).
Now Pluto is about to enter the 2nd house - ups - expenses we cannot afford? Loss of money? Or natural spending when investing into a house?

Is there anything serious I'm missing? What do you think?

Thank you all for advice!

I am going to concentrate on his transit chart first to answer some of these direct questions. It jumped out at me that Saturn is transit the first, and is the ruler of the 2nd (possessions, property). Additionally, Saturn is ruled by Moon, which is in the 2nd and soon to experience transit from Saturn. Moon in Aqua ruled by Uranus in the 10th, with Jupiter transiting the 10th, to me says your husband has a unique vision of what would be fulfilling, and he acquires it through career and emphasis on resource use - Libra MC, Jupiter on IC and Venus/Saturn in the 7th, and the Gemini and third house placements show an attraction to investment products and transfers of goods for information between individuals, but treated an an abstract, maybe - like futures markets (just an example of the type of interest).

Saturn showing up forces grounding the abstract into a hard-earned reality - so this property you purchase may be a significant burden on him until the dream is realized.

Also, because of the 2nd house Aqua moon and Uranus in the 10th, I would see transit Uranus in the 4th as a positive sign for the tumult of purchasing a home.

Last edited: