Uranus in the 8th?

KayBug

I wasn't sure where to put this thread so if it needs to be moved to another section please move it for me.

I am not asking anyone to predict my death, I would just like some help understanding how Uranus comes into play in my chart.I have Uranus in my 8th house. My eight house is shared by Cancer and Gemimi. Before trying to study astrology I always just knew I would die from lung cancer. My Mother died from it, she smoked as I do too. Her oncologist told me my chances of having lung cancer were as good as hers. So, over the years, I really new that is what I would have. I did get it and had surgery for it last year. After getting into astrology more and finding I have Uranus in the 8th which means a sudden death I don't know anymore. With Gemini also sharing my 8th house it shows breathing problems or the warning of breathing problems but now I don't know where Uranus comes into play. My Uranus is in Cancer. Lung cancer is not a sudden death.

Explanation of a Uranus death I read on a site:

"Uranus is implicated in surgery and accidents. Usually accidents of a "weird" or unusual nature--such as sky diving, bungee jumping, while you're skiing you run into and hit a tree and kill yourself--or some other loopy, dumb kind of thing that no one would ever think could happen and create an accident. Uranus also rules airplanes and flight.It also rules over lightning and electricity--so many people get a jolt--either by a cord, by a lightning bolt or zapped through some strange, odd way. Surgery is co-ruled with Uranus along with Mars. With Uranus, you can have a "weird" car accident, or unexpected surgery .A Uranus death is always sudden. There is no lingering on with this planet."

I don't dwell on this as I pretty much know mine will be from lung cancer. But I am curious as to how this figures with Uranus.

My confusion may be coming from me reading my chart wrong. Uranus is in the 8th in Cancer which I take as the sign of the home. Cancer is ruled by the moon. I have Moon in the 12th house. To me this says I would die at home from some accident of some kind. But Moon being in the 12th makes me believe I would die in the hospital. Now, as far as death during surgery is concerned there will be no more surgeries for the lung cancer when it reappears. I believe I am going to die of the lung cancer be it at home or in the hospital, would bet money on it. So where does Uranus come into play in my chart?

Any help with this greatly apprecited.

Last edited:

dr. farr

As you probably know, I exclusively use the ancient whole sign house format in all astrological delineations; so, from my perspective based on whole sign, your natal Uranus (@ 0Cancer) is in the 9th house, not the 8th. Further, since I also follow the doctrine of elevated and pitted degrees, your natal Uranus is in an elevated degree: this means (for those very few of us who follow this ancient doctrine) that the negative or disruptive influences of Uranus are largely diminished, and that its postive or constructive influences are much enhanced (the influence of elevated degrees is much like that of critical degrees) True, natal Uranus here is retrograde, indicating it is self-conflicted, but its being in an elevated degree does modify this in a positive, favorable way.

Looking at Uranus from my perspective, with it in the 9th house, not 8th, and with it in an elevated degree, there is actually a benefic Uranian influence in this chart; and there is no hint of "sudden death"!

KayBug

dr. farr....Thank you very much for explaining this to me. :smile: My chart makes a bit more sense to me looking at it using whole signs. I will need to learn some different things than what I had thought my chart to be originally. :pinched:

Unfortunately, there is no set formula or signature for marriage or DEATH, although others may disagree, apparently horary and vedic seem confident in this area. There are indicators and potential as there would be with natal, solar return chart but guarantees -- (post 2 & 3 below)
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=207744#post207744

Your chart is a blueprint of your personality, facets and penchants and the whole chart is 'potential' for development. There is nothing guaranteed or fatalistic in charts, I do believe we still do have free will. I also believe we chose our parents and childhood circumstances best suited to learning those Lessons in the best way we can.

I think it's worth bearing in mind that the natal chart, like solar returns is all about 'potential' but as we all know we don't always fulfil that potential do we.

It's like someone saying you can predict death, but with modern medicine and sciences the way they are and the potential to 'die' three times in a life, doesn't mean to say you will does it

I think lots of people have unrealistic expectations about what astrology can and can't do. astrology is an 'art, science and craft' and not clairvoyance either. If there were a formula or signature, don't you think we would ALL be using it?

What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234549&postcount=7
Perhaps you should read this thread entitled: astrology predicts meanings, not events
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17546&page=2

There have been plenty of threads on this subject here on AW.
There is a 'plethora' of information on AW, espec in the 'stickys' at the top of every forum, our Education forum and Recommendations forum to. Plus we have a good search feature,[but not foolproof obviously, so try here first] bit like google using keywords – initially select advanced and try just selecting 'titles' rather than posts or you'll get too many threads. If this doesn’t get results then try google

Uranus in 8th house of joint finances etc, suggests someone who can go years without sex, then when they get some can become insatiable.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h8.html

mars.gif
square.gif
uranus.gif

Mars square Uranus
The square formed between Mars and Uranus shows desire for complete freedom to act without hesitation or restraint. There is too much physical energy coupled with a voracious appetite for action and excitement. You are accident prone because you're a bit careless in what you do. Avoid activity associated with racing cars, speed boats, machinery, and other dangerous activities. In dealing with others in the work place, don't expect them to perform as you do. They are not likely to have your drive. Moderation in everything should be your goal. This is a difficult aspect for fostering an out-of-control temper. Be aware of this very unappealing potential.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/marsaspects.html#masur
This aspect can also suggest someone who is accident prone, or bad tempered. As aries/mars rules 6th house of health and placed 11th.

KayBug

My temper is nothing like it was 40 years ago. I'm sure age has changed that. I don't have an insatiable desire for sex. I would prefer a Uranus death compared to dieing from cancer.

Last edited:
My temper is nothing like it was 40 years ago. I'm sure age has changed that. I don't have an insatiable desire for sex. I would prefer a Uranus death compared to dieing from cancer.

8th House – succeedent house
· You will be concerned with life’s mysteries, ie; ­Astrology ‑ Spiritualism etc.
· You could have sudden changes of fortunes, through partnerships or inheritance.
· It will not be easy to settle down to a hum‑drum marital routine.
· Unstable joint finances.
· Could stop conception. Sexual impulses need controlling (all or nothing) or possible unusual/kinky sex
· Very strong psychic feeling as well as keen intuition.
· Unexpected and sudden upsets where deaths are concerned.
· Difficulties in inheritances but if well aspected could mean an unexpected windfall.
· By experiencing others "turning upon them," they can endure intense states of psychological abuse that can appear sadistic. The abuse dynamic linked with violations of trust can also include sexual abuse in a variety of ways. The sudden loss linked with partnerships wherein a merging of resources and realities had occurred can create fundamental psychological trauma that impacts on their ability to trust ever again