Astro student seeking answers to asteroids...in synastry

Im dabbling in astrology since sometime...very new at it and ive taken help from this site earlier regding my own situation...so i am hoping maybe the learned seniors in the group can help me with this. I m now starting to read up on asteroids....and i have a very interesting synastry chart of a family friend who has this amazing chemistry...they both r in their mid forties...so basically wanted to know what makes them click

So apart from the major planets, there were some asteroids added to the chart and i have no clue how to read them....i mean it looks pretty powerful...

Conjunctions:
His Cupido conjunct her Karma, Destinn and MC
His SN conjunct her POF
His Union conjunct her Mars
His Eros and Karma conjunct her Venus
His Amor conjunct her Eros and Psyche
His Psyche conjunct her Moon
His Destinn conjunct her DC

Oppositions:
His Union opp her Valentine, Boda and SN
His Cupido opp her Chiron
His Amor opp her Jupiter
His Eros and Karma opp her Lilith
His Destinn opp her Union

Additionally Her Union opp his DC
Her Karma and Destinn opp his Vertex, POF, Neptune

I havent even looked at the trines and squares and my head is reeling already! Lol....or maybe im reading it all wrong? Since im pretty new to asteroids...

http://imgur.com/a/dGaooSS

Any help or guidance to where i can get more info would be appreciated...very less info on asteroids in the net

Last edited:
Hello.Seniors......Some guidance would be appreciated....also forgot to mention that i follow degrees as per vedic astrology....so degrees for conjunctions are upto 10 degrees.

waybread

A general rule in astrology is to look at the majors before you turn to the minors.

There are over 20,000 asteroids that you can look up in an ephemeris. I pretty much only use asteroids conjunct an actual planet.

The imaginary planets of Uranian astrology are something else yet again.

I suggest narrow orbs when working with asteroids, as well.

Otherwise it's too easy to make a chart say whatever you want it to say.

Hey waybread thanks for replying...like i said im trying to learn more about asteroids....so didnt concentrate on the major planets for this question ,thats all...they do seem to have some great connections with major planets as well....however i would like to know more about these asteroid connections....what orbs do u suggest?

As for vedic astro...the degrees i follow for planets are as follows:
Sun 10-15 degrees forward and also the sign
Moon 30-40 degrees fwd and 20-30 back(this is how we calculate when there is sade sati)
Mars 10-12 degrees fwd and 5-8 degrees back
Mercury 20 deg fwd 10 degree back
Jupiter 7 deg front and 5 deg back
Venus 15 degrees front and 8-10 degrees back
Saturn 3 deg both ways
Rahu n Ketu according to sign placement

BlackLioness87

Im dabbling in astrology since sometime...very new at it and ive taken help from this site earlier regding my own situation...so i am hoping maybe the learned seniors in the group can help me with this. I m now starting to read up on asteroids....and i have a very interesting synastry chart of a family friend who has this amazing chemistry...they both r in their mid forties...so basically wanted to know what makes them click

So apart from the major planets, there were some asteroids added to the chart and i have no clue how to read them....i mean it looks pretty powerful...

Conjunctions:
His Cupido conjunct her Karma, Destinn and MC
His SN conjunct her POF
His Union conjunct her Mars
His Eros and Karma conjunct her Venus
His Amor conjunct her Eros and Psyche
His Psyche conjunct her Moon
His Destinn conjunct her DC

Oppositions:
His Union opp her Valentine, Boda and SN
His Cupido opp her Chiron
His Amor opp her Jupiter
His Eros and Karma opp her Lilith
His Destinn opp her Union

Additionally Her Union opp his DC
Her Karma and Destinn opp his Vertex, POF, Neptune

I havent even looked at the trines and squares and my head is reeling already! Lol....or maybe im reading it all wrong? Since im pretty new to asteroids...

http://imgur.com/a/dGaooSS

Any help or guidance to where i can get more info would be appreciated...very less info on asteroids in the net

Outer chart has Valentine, Cupido, Boda and Union retrograde... These are difficult placements, retrograde asteroids are highlighted and their condition need to be taken into account when reading the synastry.

Did this person was already married, maybe her marriage was arranged or she did married out of interest. Or she was deceived in a previous marriage, she over-idealized his partners or had a lot of partners throughout her life?

Retrograde Boda and Valentine conjunct her TNN in 1st house and Juno conjunct her Sun. If I were her partner I would run as fast as I could.

Wow! how did u ever decipher that!! Awesome!! Ok the outer chart is the woman and yes...she was deceived in her first marriage and then met the inner chart guy who too is a divorcee.....they r not married legally...but are together since a long time.....they r probably the couple i would take as an example to show a perfect couple....they are both so good together....maybe not marrying each other made it work?

I kinda get what u said about retrograde planets....but isnt juno conjunct sun that too in the 7th a good thing in synastry? Also the inner chart too has juno conjunct sun

Also both their cupido,valentine,union and boda are retrograde...is that coz they r just one year apart in age?

Last edited:

waybread

Hey waybread thanks for replying...like i said im trying to learn more about asteroids....so didnt concentrate on the major planets for this question ,thats all...they do seem to have some great connections with major planets as well....however i would like to know more about these asteroid connections....what orbs do u suggest?

As for vedic astro...the degrees i follow for planets are as follows:
Sun 10-15 degrees forward and also the sign
Moon 30-40 degrees fwd and 20-30 back(this is how we calculate when there is sade sati)
Mars 10-12 degrees fwd and 5-8 degrees back
Mercury 20 deg fwd 10 degree back
Jupiter 7 deg front and 5 deg back
Venus 15 degrees front and 8-10 degrees back
Saturn 3 deg both ways
Rahu n Ketu according to sign placement

I have never seen orbs like this used in western astrology, the kind I practice.

For a major aspect (conjunction, opposition, trine, square, sextile) normally I would use:

up to 10 degrees for the sun and moon
5-7 degrees for an actual planet.
No orb for chart angles or sensitive points, midpoints, &c.

Then the closer the orb, the more the person is going to feel it. Not so much with a wide orb.

Sometimes I use parallels and counter-parallels (same declination,) but only with a tight orb of less than 2 degrees.

With minor aspects, like the quintile, novile, septile, 2 degrees maximum.

I think you can use a planet's own orb when using asteroids, but keeping in mind that a 5-degree orb on either side of a planet will draw in hundreds of asteroids, not just the ones of interest.

BlackLioness87

I kinda get what u said about retrograde planets....but isnt juno conjunct sun that too in the 7th a good thing in synastry? Also the inner chart too has juno conjunct sun

Also both their cupido,valentine,union and boda are retrograde...is that coz they r just one year apart in age?

Hehehe, I didn't notice the male also had those asteroids retrograde. Well, in the woman's chart boda rx and Valentine rx are conjunct the North Node in 1H, I just think that NN in 1H is a difficult placement. Furthermore, the NN is indicative of purpose, so Valentine rx and Boda rx may be important themes in that person's life. As you say there isn't enough information about some asteroid placements.

In the inner chart Juno-Sun conjunction is very loose, it doesn't count IMO. Juno asteroid has all the attributes of the goddess (the good and the bad ones) and conjunct the Sun, these attributes become prominent. In the woman's chart Juno is in Pisces, which isn't a very objective Juno. On the other hand, Juno in 7H increases the need of a partner. I think that these two placements increase the possibility of making "bad" choices within a relationship context.

My former fiance has a prominent Juno in Pisces 10H close to his MC and he can't seem to turn the page though we ended the relationship almost three years ago (he doesn't want to date other women and has interfered in my recent relationships). I also have Juno in Pisces but retrograde in 6H (we have Juno conjunct in synastry). I wouldn't date another guy with a prominent Juno that's for sure.

Last edited:
I too am trying to find more on asteroids....i shall check with closer orbs for asteroids....never crossed my mind that wider orbs also means attracting other asteroids...silly me🥴😁

Last edited:
Hehehe, I didn't notice the male also had those asteroids retrograde. Well, in the woman's chart boda rx and Valentine rx are conjunct the North Node in 1H, I just think that NN in 1H is a difficult placement. Furthermore, the NN is indicative of purpose, so Valentine rx and Boda rx may be important themes in that person's life. As you say there isn't enough information about some asteroid placements.

In the inner chart Juno-Sun conjunction is very loose, it doesn't count IMO. Juno asteroid has all the attributes of the goddess (the good and the bad ones) and conjunct the Sun, these attributes become prominent. In the woman's chart Juno is in Pisces, which isn't a very objective Juno. On the other hand, Juno in 7H increases the need of a partner. I think that these two placements increase the possibility of making "bad" choices within a relationship context.

My former fiance has a prominent Juno in Pisces 10H close to his MC and he can't seem to turn the page though we ended the relationship almost three years ago (he doesn't want to date other women and has interfered in my recent relationships). I also have Juno in Pisces but retrograde in 6H (we have Juno conjunct in synastry). I wouldn't date another guy with a prominent Juno that's for sure.

Me too have Juno in Pisces😐

Last edited:

BlackLioness87

I was replying to a post that was deleted.

I wanted to ask if there are hard aspects from planets to those asteroids in the composite.

Last edited:

This is the composite chart link

http://imgur.com/a/erwzVeI

They have sun(7th lord) conjunct DC at 5° and cupido also conjunct DC. NN and vertex in 7th along with Saturn(1st lord) conjunct Mercury (5th and 9th lord)at the same degree... . Juno in 12th and Union in 5th.

Last edited:

BlackLioness87

This is the composite chart link

http://imgur.com/a/erwzVeI

That Venus-Mars conjunction in 8H may show strong passion and bonding, but that Moon-Pluto conjunction can lead to emotional transformation the hard way, which if not handled appropriately can bring the relationship to an end. Fortunately that conjunction is a bit loose.

Eros square psyche-Uranus conjunction also shows some conflicts between the couple.

Moon square Union is also challenging and... I've noticed composite Amor is retrograde and in 2nd house. Amor retrograde expresses itself in unusual ways, to say the least... placed in 2H may show an unhealthy attachment to material objects.

Hi black lioness (love the name btw)
Could you explain what it all means....i thought eros square psyche is action oriented...moon square union? They dont want to get married?

Doesnt second house represent family and finances too?

Also vesta, pallas in 10th house? I thought 10th house was for career in a natal chart...how does it play out in a composite?
What does juno in 12th represent? It opposes jupiter and lilith

Last edited: