Out of Bounds: OOB

comdoc

When a planet goes north or south in declination beyond the 23degrees 27minutes Tropics envelope formed by the Sun's path, it is said to be "out of bounds". Moon, Mercury, Mars, and Venus all tend to go Out of Bounds. The Moon can go farthest OOB: maximum possible declination is 28.5 degrees.

http://www.forrestastrology.com/resources/articles/general-astrology/215-the-out-of-bounds-moon
[edited quote over 100 words against Forum rules - Moderator]

I was born when Moon, Venus, Pluto were all OOB. :w00t: I personally identify with 7 of the 9 characteristics above. The Moon is at the head (most powerful point) of my natal Kite formation! It occupies the exact degree of Summer Solstice in Northern Hemisphere, and is conjunct Uranus sitting right upon the equatorial plane. Forrest associates OOB Moon with Uranus and Aquarius. Now I understand why my optimum soulmate was born with LEO rising! :love:

Last edited by a moderator:

AstroLogical

Well, this is more than I want to think about at nearly midnight but my Moon does seem to be outside the limits you define so I am an OOB
(although most drop an "O" and put an "S" in front of it ;-)
So, I'll have to cogitate on this one a bit.
At least my short little nothingness-of-a-post will keep me in the thread to see what other info arrives.
Thanks for the post and info. Very though provoking.

Maggy

I just discovered my moon is out of bounds. Which actually explains my intense personality. I feel things deeply and can come across as dramatic to those more reserved. Although I haven't walked away from anything monumentally lucrative, I do march to a different drummer in many respects. My personality comes across as strongly Uranian.

theinevitable

My Mars is out of bounds but I don't know how it plays out with my other planets aligned.. My birthdate is 22 July 1996 birth time 10:00 pm and time zone +5:30(India).. Also it has always been a dilemma for me as I was born in cusp of oscillation. Pls help me know more about this.

comdoc

Mars represents your outward physical energy, ambition, and drive. OOB Mars energy appears extreme to others. It creates a challenge when you want to lead and physically express in partnership with others. You could excel at individual athletics such as running, weight training, and gymnastics.

My Mars is out of bounds but I don't know how it plays out with my other planets aligned.. My birthdate is 22 July 1996 birth time 10:00 pm and time zone +5:30(India).. Also it has always been a dilemma for me as I was born in cusp of oscillation. Pls help me know more about this.

JUPITERASC

I just discovered my moon is out of bounds. Which actually explains my intense personality.
I feel things deeply and can come across as dramatic to those more reserved.
Although I haven't walked away from anything monumentally lucrative, I do march to a different drummer in many respects.
My personality comes across as strongly Uranian.
Steven Forrest wrote about the out-of-bounds Moon (and this can be applied to any out-of-bounds personal planet):
'......The Moon is then, in other words, out of the King's sight.
No longer under Daddy's thumb. We might say that it has moved beyond the Pale.
Gone out of control. Or gone wild. It has broken the rules.
It has shattered the boundaries, broken the mold, crossed the Rubicon.
Bravely, or drunkenly, the Moon has said, "Roll the dice"......' :smile:
Steven believes that
the Moon is the most dramatic of all the planets in its effects when out of bounds
http://www.lunarium.co.uk/articles/out-of-bounds.jsp