My Method

kewf1988

This method is the most reliable way to predict outcomes. I've used it for football, baseball, and basketball and it worked each time. Home and away didn't really work and the biwheels with the coach and the best players could indicate simply a great game from the player if it's a good transit or injuries on the coach's team if it's a bad transit. I look for what signs best fits the team uniforms (though Mercury's a little tricky as it can often use the colors of the sign it's in because it's mutable) and see which ruling planet has more favorable aspects to the Moon (if Moon's ruler of house one, ruler of house 10's the ascendant, and if Moon's ruler of house 7, ruler of house 4's the ascendant). If that doesn't give enough info, I then look for the Moon's aspects to the POF, north node, ascendant, and midheaven (Moon's aspect to the POF is the final answer... conjunct, sextile, or trine POF means ASC team wins and square or opposite POF means DSC team wins), and if the rare chance that doesn't give the outcome, I look at the locations of the ruling planets, as well as their aspects to the POF, north node, ascendant, and midheaven, and if one's in detriment or fall and there's no other indicators, the team ruled by that planet loses the game.

Jibreil

Banned
I believe the color method also applies to Tennis. But what if both the players are wearing White jersey?

Should we then rely on Fav/Underdogs in choosing ASC/DSC?

fensi88

Yes, that would be one of the options.
Another option would be if, for example, ASC sign match with country/or city from player comes then that player would be ASC.

Jibreil

Banned
Yes, that would be one of the options.
Another option would be if, for example, ASC sign match with country/or city from player comes then that player would be ASC.

Thank you fensi88 your guidance is always appreciated.

Is it conclusive that during finals Home team should be taken as ASC, what if match is played on neutral grounds - should we go by color method then?

In a chart when Moon is VOC but Antiscion of L7 falls on 7th cusp - can we rule this testimony to give Underdogs/DSC victory?

fensi88

Frawley said in his book that his method - favorite on ASC- best works for final matches. And he also said that APOf on cusp of 1st or 7 house is most stronger testimony for winning, if there are no other strong testimony. Only your practice will tell you if he was right.

Jibreil

Banned
Frawley said in his book that his method - favorite on ASC- best works for final matches. And he also said that APOf on cusp of 1st or 7 house is most stronger testimony for winning, if there are no other strong testimony. Only your practice will tell you if he was right.

Not APOF but Antiscion of Lord 7 is on 7th cusp - is this strong testimony?

Cap

Just stumbled across this thread.

Konrad
Your thoughts seem very solid to me. Obviously the very short time frames involved in these considerations don't allow much of a "difference" to occur between the teams!
I wonder: in your researches, have you studied the effects of the changing duodenaries (sign 1/12ths): these change every 10 minutes; or the monomoiria planet connections-these change every (approx) 4 minutes; also the Enochian sign/30ths: these zodiacal "affinities", like the planetary monomoiria, also change with each degree of the sign-once every (approx) 4 minutes. These are really-old time considerations (Greeks; medieval astrology), as are possible implications of the oldtime "celestial topography" concepts (elevated degrees and pitted degrees-see my recent posting and list of these in the Other Astrology section, under the "12th house lost dignity" thread)
Now I have no idea if any of these considerations could have possible application or adaptation, in some way, to your method, but I pass them on to you, with the intent of making a + contribution to your interesting researches!

I came to the same conclusion independently only to see that Dr Farr has thought about this 4 years ago!

For example, typical Saturday afternoon in England. There are 50+ football matches and all start at 15:00 local time. In all charts planets are on same positions, yet we have multitude of different results. The only thing that is different in all those charts is the position of the Ascendant and house cusps (because games are played at different locations). Consequently, POF (and other Arabic parts) will also have slightly different positions. Sometimes these changes are significant enough to enable application of the "known rules" for prediction of the outcome, but in most cases changes in the position of the Ascendant are only slight (1-2 degrees or even less than that). Here Dr Farr's idea kicks in because only scientific astrological explanation of different results when bunch of games are played at the same time in nearby locations must be in the position of ASC-DSC axis and house cusps! There is no other explanation possible - planets are on the same positions. And here we are talking about finer divisions than degrees, it is the matter of minutes or even seconds. So everything listed above by Dr Farr could be the key.

As for the assignment of the ascendant I use the following method.

There are 3 theories in circulation:

1) ASC = home team
2) ASC = favorite
3) color method

I find that non of these methods is accurate enough - from time to time there will be bitter surprises with any of these. So I combine them. I bet only on the game where the home team is favorite and colors match (giving them ASC). Even this is not 100% bullet proof but it gives best results. There is abundance of sport events every day and all I need to find is just 1 game that matches above criteria and have reasonably clear chart.

As for the technical part, I have found that parallel of declination "works" (1 degree orb). It has about the same significance as conjunction by antiscia.

Last edited:

Jibreil

Banned
FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil vs Croatia

How would we look at this chart? | Chart attached to this post

FIFA World Cup 2014: Brazil vs Croatia

Brazil:

-Kit: yellow shirts, blue shorts
-Odds: 1.33

Croatia:

-Kit: blue shirts, blue shorts (away kit)
-Odds: 13.50

ASC: Sagittarius/Jupiter sitting in Cancer
DSC: Gemini/Mercury sitting in Cancer

Using color method:
I would assign Croatia as ASC because of their blue jersey and Brazil as DSC because of Yellow/Blue represented by Mercury as light-colors and mixed.

Testimonies:
- Moon being just inside 1st cusp is a powerful testimony announcing victory to the ASC.

Accidental dignities:
Jupiter is 14
Mercury -5 & peregrine

Another testimony strongly favoring ASC and possibly overruling the chance of a DRAW.

Confusion:
- Moon being inside 1st cusp denotes bright colors, should we take the Yellow (shirt) in relation with the Moon and Jupiter in connection with Blue (shorts) and give Brazil the 1st house OR stick with the rulers of 1st & 7th house and give Croatia 1st house?

fensi88
Since you have been following Frawley's method and using the non-horary method as described in Chapter 2 in his book. Why do you use Regiomontanus house system when Frawley suggest to use Placidus?

Attachments

• Brazil-vs-Croatia.jpg
    Brazil-vs-Croatia.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

fensi88

This s really interesting chart and I can not wait to see what will happen.
As dignities do not differ too much I think it will be draw.
First of all, Lord of hour is retrograde and in same degree as MC/IC axic. From my experience
a lot of matches with this configuration end as draw.
Yes, that Moon near ASC is strong testimony, but it is in conjunction with Pluto's antiscion. Also Pluto applying retrograde to the 2nd cusp. According to Frawley, this could seriously damage the ASC team and cancel that Moon's placement near ASC. With Chiron in 4 house I expect penalty.
I can not wait to see if this Pluto's antiscion will work.

Jibreil

Banned
This s really interesting chart and I can not wait to see what will happen.
As dignities do not differ too much I think it will be draw.
First of all, Lord of hour is retrograde and in same degree as MC/IC axic. From my experience
a lot of matches with this configuration end as draw.
Yes, that Moon near ASC is strong testimony, but it is in conjunction with Pluto's antiscion. Also Pluto applying retrograde to the 2nd cusp. According to Frawley, this could seriously damage the ASC team and cancel that Moon's placement near ASC. With Chiron in 4 house I expect penalty.
I can not wait to see if this Pluto's antiscion will work.

And whom to assign as ASC / DSC according to color method?

Cap

Why would Croatia wear away kit when their 1st kit doesn't clash with Brasil kit?

Is there any kit more "mixed Mercury style" than Croatia kit?

brasil_kit.jpg
croatia_kit.jpg

Jibreil

Banned
Why would Croatia wear away kit when their 1st kit doesn't clash with Brasil kit?

Is there any kit more "mixed Mercury style" than Croatia kit?

brasil_kit.jpg
croatia_kit.jpg

Either way Croatia should be represented with Jupiter

Code:
http://www.footyheadlines.com/2013/12/2014-world-cup-kits.html

Here's a good site that gives an exact description of the jersey colors.

Last edited: