Pisces: Sick and Tired

Do you feel your common zodiac description (sun sign) is accurate?

• Yes

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magen David

I'm sick and tired of all these negative stereo-types and lies about the zodiac sign Pisces.

I'm born under the sun sign Pisces and consider myself to be very much a Pisces, and there's nothing else I'd rather be.

I haven't the faintest idea how the cliche of us beings "dreamers" has become so grossly exaggerated. I believe it has reached a point where it has become down-right insulting. I truly believe this has become so typical of our "description" because many have become threatened or intimidated by our incredibly powerful potential.

I have heard everything from, "the only time a Pisces will have money is if it's inherited" to that we "bury our heads in the sand to hide our over sensitivity." Ouch.

Yeah, okay buddy, why not try proving I'm trying to hide something? I double dog dare you.

If there's any other Pisces who feel this way, please leave a reply.

I believe many astrologers have attempted to become far too descriptive in their Zodiac analysis'. Pisces is the sign of two fish swimming in opposite directions connected by a line of matter - leave it at that.

Here's a link to what I think is a much better description of the zodiac signs by a Kaballahistic source: http://www.iloveulove.com/spirituality/kabbalah/kabbastrology.htm

And finally, to all the Pisces who never fail to get bashed by unjust and unfair Zodiac descriptions of yourself: Stay strong! They know darn well you have the most potential of all the zodiac, only if you choose to swim the strenuous route upstream.

If you are any other sign besides Pisces and feel Pisces have been treated unjustly and handled inappropriately by astrologers leave a reply! It would be greatly appreciated.

The truth of astrologers and the Gods truth are two very, very different things. Remember that.

GreenMist

Banned
I voted yes, because like the kabbalah source you gave most astrologers give both the negative and positive of pisces like they do with every sign.

What you are listing are some of the pitfalls of pisces that are on the negative. It must be remembered that these are possible weaknesses and are not an inevitable trait of a sun pisces.

Focus on the positive

"
The second planet that rules Pisces, Neptune, was discovered only in the 19th century as the planet to rule the abstract; the planet itself has no boundaries or limitations, as it is surrounded by gas. It controls intuition, imagination, creativity and art. It provides us with the ability to see and understand beyond our five senses.
The combination of these two planets gives Pisces a very powerful emotional ability. They are remarkably sensitive and vulnerable with the strongest intuition of any sign. They are very deep people, whether it comes to opinion, thought, or inspiration. Pisceans have an uncanny talent for sensitivity toward others, for they can truly enter a person’s heart and mind and experience the pain and suffering of others.
They have the metaphysical ability predict the future, and they can often be psychic and clairvoyant. Many Pisceans have a gift for mathematics, science, and metaphysics (Albert Einstein was a Pisces). The symbol for Pisces is two fish swimming in opposite directions. The fish swimming against the stream represents the powerful “Pisces” potential. They can be “sharks” – as charismatic and strong leaders with vision and clarity about leadership that can guide an entire nation, like Moses, who was also a Pisces."

Vista

I'm sick and tired of all these negative stereo-types and lies about the zodiac sign Pisces.

I'm born under the sun sign Pisces and consider myself to be very much a Pisces, and there's nothing else I'd rather be.

I haven't the faintest idea how the cliche of us beings "dreamers" has become so grossly exaggerated. I believe it has reached a point where it has become down-right insulting. I truly believe this has become so typical of our "description" because many have become threatened or intimidated by our incredibly powerful potential.

I have heard everything from, "the only time a Pisces will have money is if it's inherited" to that we "bury our heads in the sand to hide our over sensitivity." Ouch.

Yeah, okay buddy, why not try proving I'm trying to hide something? I double dog dare you.

If there's any other Pisces who feel this way, please leave a reply.

I believe many astrologers have attempted to become far too descriptive in their Zodiac analysis'. Pisces is the sign of two fish swimming in opposite directions connected by a line of matter - leave it at that.

Here's a link to what I think is a much better description of the zodiac signs by a Kaballahistic source: http://www.iloveulove.com/spirituality/kabbalah/kabbastrology.htm

And finally, to all the Pisces who never fail to get bashed by unjust and unfair Zodiac descriptions of yourself: Stay strong! They know darn well you have the most potential of all the zodiac, only if you choose to swim the strenuous route upstream.

If you are any other sign besides Pisces and feel Pisces have been treated unjustly and handled inappropriately by astrologers leave a reply! It would be greatly appreciated.

The truth of astrologers and the Gods truth are two very, very different things. Remember that.

Trade you. Look what is said about the "text book" decriptions of Capricorn. Not very flattering to say the least. Cold, pessimistic, gloomy; will marry for money and prestige.
icon12.gif

I personally have found that people who have Piscies Sun/Asc or Moon tend to have a really funny senses of humor.

Magen David

What you are listing are some of the pitfalls of pisces that are on the negative. It must be remembered that these are possible weaknesses and are not an inevitable trait of a sun pisces.

Focus on the positive

I believe it's equally important to focus on the negative as it is to focus on the positive in order to overcome it.

I shake my head in disgust, though, when I read what astrologers have to say about my sign. They depict us to be weak, sensitivity, pathetic, lazy, slow, helpless, and useless people who have no contact with reality.

I believe it's completely inappropriate and am going to stand by my guns in disagreement with what the common depiction of my sign is, as opposed to accepting everything I'm being labeled as.

My problems isn't with the negativity. My problems is with the people that have gone and taken it too far. You have to understand we're being labeled these things in the real world as well.

I truly believe that what today's Zodiac depictions are is completely different than what Gods truth about the Zodiac is, and you'll have a very hard time convincing me otherwise.

I'm sorry, but many of the things being said about Pisces is simply not true. That's all I'm trying to say.

But in case you were wondering, it's not only Pisces I feel are handled incorrectly. I also feel that Cancer and Libra's negative qualities are becoming awfully exaggerated as well.

Haizea

Banned
I've read that Pisces are like reeds, which will be bent by the wind, but won't break.

It all goes back to which source you read. For instance, that page you seem to like is not good at all to describe signs, as there is a huge difference in how they are approached. Pisces is ok, and some others, but Cancer and Leo...:andy:

There are some Pisces out there who show themselves as weak and needy, so you can blame those for the descriptions.

When I was a student, one of the girls sharing my flat was a Pisces, and she is not the needy type, but then she is not normal really (I like her very much).

I see some Pisces are very wise (one of them that girl), but many of them do not know that they are wise. And, in general, I see them as very practical, so, yes, that part where they are just dreamy does not fit. In Spain, the Government President that was voted for more years is a Pisces, and the one after him is a Pisces too (Felipe González and José María Aznar).

Nothing less than union with the divine, the source of life, will suit. Whether this is achieved through religious longing, creative expression, or heroin is not so important as the experience itself. Right? Right for Pisces, at any rate. And the dark fish knows no limits either. His name is Power.
http://songsdomain.tripod.com/piscesshadow1/index.html

ImNotThere9

i agree with you david, i do not think we are these sleepy,confused, pliable little fish we are described as. i cannot say anything about how it was when that was originally written, but blatently we have evolved just like the other signs. i am a piscean, mercury in aquarius, and i must say the thing which really grinds my gears is when people say we are easily confused... all those things, they are marring the potentials of the common piscean. and cogitating on the way we are described we may as well be impotent. i agree with you, i am glad i saw this by the way, fair play to you for writing it and debunking this fallacy.

it is getting redundent with these descriptions of sleepy-eyed dream weavers who get something done by chance every so often.

Dean.

''the eternal mistake of mankind is to set an attainable goal'' - Aleister Crowley

C0rnholio

I am not a Pisces, but I have been observing and taking notes. I noticed if a person does not want to tell his/her zodiac sign, then they are most likely a Pisces, a Cancer, or sometimes a Virgo. Everyone else has no problem telling their sign. Just an observation...

Pisces is a mutable water sign. It does not come out right away and could be easily overpowered by other personal planets that are in other signs or other elements. I think the story is similar with Cancers and Virgos, their Sun signs are not obvious right away. They are usually somewhere in the background most of the time. But they are there. Some like Pisces, and some don't. That's how it is.

Apparently, Jesus Christ was a Pisces. So now guys you've got something to be proud about.

Proud and happy Pisces here!:happy:
Every sign has positive and negative qualities.
Pisces is an easy target, but no better or worse than any other sign.
Ok...so hear the negatives, hear the positives...then CHOOSE to aim for the best a Pisces can be.
Hey... our motto is "I BELIEVE"
So believe the BEST and make it so!! :)

ImNotThere9

it is not about self improvement though, it is more about how we are potrayed, often it is not a realistic description.

Capricornius_Aquarius

As an Aquarius (Virgo ASC,opposites attract!),I agree that Pisces has been treated unfairly. Being called a drug addict,and too "dreamy". I feel bad for you guys at times (yet again I am over emotional).

i lived with two pisces, one being my dad and other my brother. i also know a pisces, who was my working partner. they all were disturbed people to say the least. if you ask me one single thing they are shared, that should be the motto: "i'm the victim".

reading what you post in a psychological level, i can add you to the list as well. you pisces people too **** much transparent. **** too much thinking about every little thing. emotionally uptight are the best two words to describe piscesfolk i know.

me, being a cancer, really can not stand pisces' anymore, really. because deep down, i'm disturbed too. and a leo, deep deep deep deep down, also disturbed i guess. yet we put our masks, we say what the hell and move on. my observation is, piscesfolk fail at that.

yeah, that was a little too much brutally honest. but hey; kurt cobain.

ImNotThere9

hmm... maybe you were '2complicated' for them... and no, you cannot ad us to the list, for you do not know us, and by doing so you would be devalueing this 'list' and yourself in the process as you are not putting much thought into it, which you actually oppose in your post and state as a downfall of a piscean, and hey, at least we'd think before we go making imaginary hitlists for family members...maybe you were a little crabbed towards them.

but if it is any consolation to you; courtney love.

Last edited:
hmm... maybe you were '2complicated' for them... and no, you cannot ad us to the list, for you do not know us, and by doing so you would be devalueing this 'list' and yourself in the process as you are not putting much thought into it, which you actually oppose in your post and state as a downfall of a piscean, and hey, at least we'd think before we go making imaginary hitlists for family members...maybe you were a little crabbed towards them.

but if it is any consolation to you; courtney love.

first of all, look at your avatar. that's a freaking victim hands down. then, never said i know "you", but if someone getting "sick and tired" just because of "what people think about a starsign" that's a "sign". i merely pointed to that. so, nothing devalues my list, piscesfolk famous with their suicides and stuff. 12th house, hands down again.

and what you are trying to say with courtney love? cancers make pisces die? funny.

edit: my list is my list. it's like first my list, then it's a list of pisces people "i" know and then it's about astrology. what are the odds for that to be scientifically correct? someone said people says this and that about pisces, i "think" they are wrong. and i with my list kind of said, i don't think so, it should be correct. the bottom line is both are opinions. pisces people replying this, of course going to say, yeah that's so wrong. we know what astrology says about pisces, since no need to repeat that, i thought i should speak from the experience. if that has no value, then why we are even here? but you are offended and attacked my "list" as if it's a scientific theory. nope, it's just the pisces people i know. you can always say coincidence and move on. but you gotta be pisces about it. that's what's going on. and explaining everything much better than my list or whatever.

Last edited:

ImNotThere9

not quite... first i will note that i did not feel your post to be an onslought, no no, i just saw straight away a little insight into your personality when you were regarding kurt cobain as a bad thing.. ok, and now you mention cobains death like it is a positive and merry circumstance, giving me further insight into your nature, and yet you regard us pisceans as disturbed.. my profile picture, that 'freaking victim' as you so prosaicly put it, is a work of van gogh, so if a profile picture could give anything away about me then this does nothing more than show my blatant interest in art. and to touch on the fragile topic of suicide as you already brought up - you see, there are credentials kept of piscean suicides (if there are as many as you dramatized, i have yet to see more proof) because they have done something important, that is not to say cancers havn't, but blatently where it matters it appears pisces have done more.. off the top of my head the only cancer i can think of that means anything to me is John Clare, i don't suppose you know who John Clare is without the assistance of wikipedia, there are droves of pisceans.. anyway, lets not digress :wink:.
further more, you are new here, i understand you are hungry for astrological battles, you are trying to plumb Astrology, you are questioning it in another post, which is good, you are thinking for yourself, good lad.
by the way i would like a link to these legendary piscean suicide statistics you speak of, it has a certain appeal.

''I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. '' - Kurt Cobain. (piscean)

''I like free gowns.'' - Courtney Love. (Cancerian)

p.s. the sadness depicted in my profile picture by Van Gogh had a certain appeal to me. i must be fearr corr anois, ta bron orm. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

smilingsteph

Aside from the good comments by INT-
I have to say, why the heat on an issue of a sun sign.....

It is the 12 houses, 12 signs and the entire chart that makes up a person...

Arian Maverick

I used to be the "crusader" of this cause, as many older forum member may attest, but I've since dropped the mantle. I've learned that if one identifies oneself with a particular sign, to the exclusivity of other signs represented in one's natal chart, one is destined to take any negative description of that sign as a personal affront. Remember, no matter how many planets you have in a particular sign, you are not that sign. You may be a strong expression of that sign's characteristic energies, but you are your own person, shaped by a myriad of experiences. You also possess the free will to embody the best or worst characteristics of a particular sign--or to reject forcefully those energies. It's up to you.

I'm a quintuple Arian--I have an Aries Ascendant, Aries Sun, Aries Moon, Aries Mercury, and Aries Venus all within my first house. In many ways, I embody the best and the worst characteristics of my sign. I am energetic, impatient, headstrong, idealistic, etc. Yet the matter in which I express these characteristics is unqiue--and more importantly, I possess the ability to tone up or tone down these traits, depending upon the situation. Yes, sometimes it is difficult to suffuse my natural excitement and energy. Yes, I often "come on too strong," overwhelming more sensitive souls. Yet I am proud of who I am and who I am becomming. No generic description of Aries' faults can take this away from me--and I assure you, there are many (faults, I mean)! :tongue:

I don't mean to imply you shouldn't be upset by those who may attempt subtly to "lord it over" you, claiming one set of characteristics as embodied by one sign is superior to another. Contrary to generic descriptions of the sign Aries, I'm very sensitive to others' criticism (Moon conjunct Ascendant), and I often perceive insult where none was intended. I don't know if you have this difficulty, but please realize that the authors of these generic descriptions rarely mean harm; they simply carry forward an established body of information and add their own insights and interpretations. These insights and interpretations may be biased, influenced by past negative experiences with a particular sign. I've been guilty of this myself. But there are positive and negative traits associated with any sign and/or planetary placement, and each person possesses the free will to express either set of traits or a combination thereof. Therefore, the traits you read will not apply to you entirely! There's great freedom here...

Arian Maverick

Last edited:
wow. is that a van gogh? i wasn't know that, i came from another planet, good grief. why not starry skies or some flower paintings and that particular painting where someone deep in depression? please...

i'm new here, i want astrology battles? here; i don't know much about astrology. now what?

wow again. First of all, i don't even regard suicide as a bad thing, let alone kurt cobain's case. everyone has a right to suicide and rot away (implying i'm not even religious here). what i regard as a bad thing is simply people who never stop whining. from my experience with pisces people, i can tell they are especially good at it. whining and complaining about the most unimportant things, feeling this way one second and expecting you to feel the same way with them, and that way the second after, getting all silent and cranky. after a while, you go like, i wonder how he feels right now? should i bring this subject up, make this joke? then after more while, you go like, frak it, i can't be bothered with this person anymore. he is just not stable, being with him making me unstable too.

they are living in their heads, piscesfolk. what this means now? what he is trying to imply with kurt cobain? it should be this, it should be that. it should be an insult to me, it should be an insult to pisces sign, no, no, it's an insult to humanity and all good things... brain explodes, two fish following each other to the eternity in the void. turn turn turn around yourself and everything, say they don't understand you. but never and ever try to understand others yourself. simulate the stuff in your head, the most unimportant things, find a fault in everything. that's the pisces i know.

lad? yeah. there you go.

and jacques derrida is a cancerian and if i use google i'm sure i can find a lot of pisces pronstars and then i can quote each, a real quote from derrida and an oh baby from pronstar. so what you are trying to pull off here and what's wrong with free gowns? are you just spitting the very first words passing from your mind randomly or do you think a little before?

and i think sometimes people forget how the houses and signs exactly the same. like, first house and aries symbolizes freaking same things. 4th house and cancer too. so i guess you know 12th house and pisces are the same. now, do you need a 12th house description so you can figure out why pisces are like that or if it makes you feel better, they "tend to be" like that? do you need a neptune description too?

now, where to stuff all that spirituality and dreamweaving and intution and sensitiveness and whatever? i know. all these stuff just makes you more aware. too freaking much aware in fact. the more you are aware the more sadness and doom to see. you see the problems most of the people can't and being an intrapersonal sign those problems will be about yourself. i don't see such things in myself, cause i don't look. you don't look too then. you can't help? and that's the bad thing i was talking about.

smilingsteph

Arian what you said is beautiful! You said what I was wanting to say in my post best!

I've learned that if one identifies oneself with a particular sign, to the exclusivity of other signs represented in one's natal chart, one is destined to take any negative description of that sign as a personal affront. Remember, no matter how many planets you have in a particular sign, you are not that sign. You may be a strong expression of that sign's characteristic energies, but you are your own person, shaped by a myriad of experiences. You also possess the free will to embody the best or worst characteristics of a particular sign--or to reject forcefully those energies. It's up to you.

2Complicated-

The houses are not the same. The cusping sign influences the house. The planets influence the house, and what Arian said above is something that I am yet still trying to repeat here, which isnt worth my time.
You are right to overgeneralize, and you can if you want to, but I think it is a little insulting to put down a sign based on the negative qualities represented under the most general of general qualities.
What you describe of a pisces is true, but this is the negative side of the piscean nature.

We are not just looking at a 12th house Neptune and Pisces, we are looking at someone with a sun square neptune, who can seem to have the negative piscean traits. Or the sun trine neptune, which can lend itself for a wonderful ability to be creative.

There are many positive piscean traits!

Im Not There-
I also belive that you have many scorpionic traits in your chart, I can also see your avatar as a representation of that as well.

I mean my avatar is a horse, running. Does this implicate all of the negative things that represent a Gemini? As the horse represents that I am, changeable, restless, inquisitive, inconsistent, superficial, cunning, nervous, tense and something of a gossip (well Mr. Ed was a horse that could talk- so I guess my avatar might tell you that I am a gossiper)

In fact, I never really felt like a Gemini. Honestly I felt more like a Taurus. I have 6 earth signs, which makes my mutable nature to be more grounded.

I think it is lack of education and knowledge to only focus on the sun sign itself, and the negative qualities associated with it.
True we dont all have natal charts on everyone we meet, so I think the next best thing is to use the sun sign as a general, very general representation of the individual.

Last edited:

ImNotThere9

well, i'm sure anyone reading this thread knows they are not empty assumptions, and from looking at your post anyone who did i'm sure has the same opinion as i have of it. So before you contrive another post in which you ask yourself questions and answer them for yourself , i will say that i agree with what the others said about there being other factors involved which determine the characteristics, that goes without saying here, but this thread is simply for the sun sign description of Pisces.. and yes, i would love if you were to quote a piscean p o r n star, i'd feel quite humble actually, to know that you have conceded with my famous pisceans point and acknowledged the famous pisceans all over the world, and don't forget a cancerian p o r n star quote (imnotthere winks), you see, my friend, no need to simmer like a quainty old kettle, let us mitigate this argument here - you hold your father, brother and all pisceans in contempt, as you pointed out, you are not a fan of van gogh or kurt cobain, and you are not a fan of jokes... i feel like we would be a nice couple, they say opposites attract.

Status
Not open for further replies.