A lot of retrogrades

lejla

Hi everyone!

Anybody interested in having a look at the chart attached and sharing what you think about it? What would be your first thoughts when you see this chart?

It's a chart of my very good friend. I asked him to lat me make it because it really surprised me as I recently find out that his Sun sign is Aries. Knowing him for around 3 years, I would have never guessed that. And Gemini rising was another huge surprise. I was almost sure that his Sun would be in Virgo or Libra, or that he would at least have one of the two rising. I also have absolutely no idea how to interpret so many retrograde planets.
Any insight is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Lejla

Attachments

• mmschart.jpg
    mmschart.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 46

Zuri

Wow, he does have a lot of retrograde planets. I'm still relatively new to astrology, but here's what I see:

-- His Saturn retrograde suggests that his relationship with his father is troubled. Either his father wasn't in his life at all, or was in his life but very distant.

-- He has a stellium, or 3+ planets, in the 6th House (his late 5th House Pluto gets interpreted as being in the 6th house). The 6th House rules day-to-day work & his health. How does he get along with his co-workers? With Pluto in Libra, Moon in Scorpio, and Uranus in Scorpio ruling his 6th House, it looks like careers that require attention to detail, research, investigation but not routine would be good for him.

-- I see at least 3 T-squares (2 involving his Venus) in his chart. Someone more experienced could tell you what those chart patterns specifically mean.

lejla

Wow, he does have a lot of retrograde planets. I'm still relatively new to astrology, but here's what I see:

-- His Saturn retrograde suggests that his relationship with his father is troubled. Either his father wasn't in his life at all, or was in his life but very distant.

That is interesting. His relationship with his father is actually very close and really good. Better than most son - father relationships I have seen.

-- He has a stellium, or 3+ planets, in the 6th House (his late 5th House Pluto gets interpreted as being in the 6th house). The 6th House rules day-to-day work & his health. How does he get along with his co-workers? With Pluto in Libra, Moon in Scorpio, and Uranus in Scorpio ruling his 6th House, it looks like careers that require attention to detail, research, investigation but not routine would be good for him.

I'm not sure that I would necessarily see this as a stellium... I'm also quite new. I for now (until somebody teaches me different?) rather tend to interpret a stellium if 3 or more planets are within 10 or less degrees from each other.

As long as he is in charge or in a position to be a boss he's OK with his co-workers I guess :) He's independent, freelance working in home improvement industry, has newer worked for a company or boss and can not imagine to work under somebodies supervision or within fixed working times (like every day from 8 till 5 in the same place with same people...)

-- I see at least 3 T-squares (2 involving his Venus) in his chart. Someone more experienced could tell you what those chart patterns specifically mean.

Someone please :)

Both T-sqares you are mentioning involve not only :venus: but R:uranus: as well. One of them involving R :mars:
Now this one is particularly interesting to me (partly because I'm light-years far away from being able to interpret moon nods ;) ).
I'd really love if someone could explain this T-sqare or post a link where to read more about it. Common interpretations of :venus: :square: :mars: or :venus: :opposition: :uranus: are not leading me anywhere since :mars: and :uranus: are both retrograde...

Thanks Zuri!

Lejla

lejla

a couple of interesting links about retrograde planets and their meanings:

http://www.pathwaytoascension.com/astrology/lesson5.html

http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/retrogradeplanets.htm

a link about the study of the number of retrograde planets in a chart (bottom of the page) http://www.arlenekramer.net/astrology15.asp - apparently it is very rare to have 6 planets retrograde!

Thanks so much!

Those links were really helpful. I discovered some interesting insights. And some plane nonsense as well :)

Arlena Kramer's page is a discovery!

Lejla

beginner

after looking at his mars, I was having thoughts that its placement is not favourable for younger siblings that's why I asked that is he elder son.

and I feel sad about his elder sis.

lejla

I see were you fox come from pointing at 4th house in connection with father, but I don't see anything else except of a very good relationship with his father in his life. And I actually don't see any "trouble" in connection with his father in the chart as well. His father's Sun is btw. in Cancer, which I think is contributing to the overall calm, accepting, smooth relationship between them.
I have a feeling that here we are looking at a chart of a person who doesn't have any issues with his father.
Am I missing something?

after looking at his mars, I was having thoughts that its placement is not favourable for younger siblings that's why I asked that is he elder son.

and I feel sad about his elder sis.

Mars that doesn't like to fight in 4th house Leo - the way he describes his childhood is for me the picture of this natal situation: the little absolutely no troublemaker charming son around whom the family life is turning in order to keep him safe, satisfied and happy.
Basically he remains the "little king" in this surrounding till today, and I assume he'd expect the same thing to happen in his marriage?
But:
R Mars trines R Neptune which is also in fire in 7th house. What about this? Any suggestions?

The loss of his sister was (and partly still is) a huge trauma for him and his family, but I'm not sure that I see it in the chart.
Does somebody see something indicating the death of a sibling?
Could it be the T squre involving Venus - moon node - R Uranus?
Or Venus on 29 degrees of Taurus aspecting the 4th house?
Any insights?