neptune conjunct uranus in 2nd house & financial codependency

BAYANARIZASEVIYORUM

Hi y'all ... i am a newbie here...as the title suggest just wanted to discuss how someone with this placement can have a very passive aggressive attitude towards earning their own money AND may not understand boundaries when it comes to money... may not feel too much guilt when it comes to taking/giving money etc..i have this at a tight orb...and i am scared that i'll die poor...very confused about the whole money aspect of life..

here's my chart

https://imgur.com/yHoODT9

conspiracy theorist

Hi, I am a couple years younger than you, (ironically had a birthday the day you posted this thread) and I have this placement. Of course, other chart placements will colour the mamifestation of this conjunction so bare that in mind.

Hard to say if my experiences would classify as positive, but reading your description it would seem that I have a bit more control in that department. I am neither passive, nor passive aggressive about earning my own money. I am the opposite -- very aggressive and proactive about sustaining myself. I have been classed as a workaholic, always cognizant of the dynamics involved in services rendered, and always looking for greater opportunities to earn more. I also have very strict boundaries when it comes to money/finances, and nobody is allowed to take advantage or pressure me into compromising situations unless I am completely above board and accepting of the idea to help/assist them. I give 0 ****s about consumerism, and most purchases are in service to achieving goals either directly or indirectly.

I am not a rich man, and due to a lot of unlucky and negative circumstances I have had to start from scratch. This has only bolstered my "gameness", as I am naturally attracted to challenges and difficulty. I have "potential" that I am trying to convert into something realistic. Despite the obstacles, I have been able to keep myself afloat, pay for school (trying to change my career trajectory), invest (not stock market), and save. I have recently been thinking about using "good debt" to get ahead, as I have yet to utilise credit in any fashion (I am not a US citizen where credit is ubiqitious). My "balance sheet" is decent -- nothing spectacular but I am not drowning or behind on anything, and am still able to spend on something luxurious once in a while.

I would say that Mars conjunct. Jupiter in my case increases the desire to be proactive and entrepreneurial. I have all my planets on the left side of the chart, so this increases the tendency toward self-sufficiency. Bundle chart people are supposed to be good at managing limited resources and I think Moon in 2nd makes it important for me to be financially sound in order to have some emotional equilibrium, so I am going to be focused on doing and knowing the things that contributes to those outcomes.

With regard to your chart, there are some concerning placements that may contribute to negative 2nd house outcomes. You have the Scorpio to Aquarius squares from the 12th to the 2nd that ties in 12th house themes with 2nd house themes. Couple the fact that these discordant aspects are comprised of the traditional malefics, and we see that you have a bit of a uphill climb with regard to your financial problems.

Have you ever tried to learn financial literacy? There are ample resources online in both video and text format. Another thing I am wondering is, what is it about earning your own money that is distasteful to you?

Oh, I will add that in the past there has been some "financial co-dependency" as you call it, as family members who were intelligent and able bodied sought to parasite on me, causing a net negative in quality of life for all involved. When the time came, it was easy for me to cut them out of my life and my only regret is that I should have done it sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:

BAYANARIZASEVIYORUM

Hi, I am a couple years younger than you, (ironically had a birthday the day you posted this thread) and I have this placement. Of course, other chart placements will colour the manifestation of this conjunction so bare that in mind.

Hard to say if my experiences would classify as positive, but reading your description it would seem that I have a bit more control in that department. I am neither passive, nor passive aggressive about earning my own money. I am the opposite -- very aggressive and proactive about sustaining myself. I have been classed as a workaholic, always cognizant of the dynamics involved in services rendered, and always looking for greater opportunities to earn more. I also have very strict boundaries when it comes to money/finances, and nobody is allowed to take advantage or pressure me into compromising situations unless I am completely above board and accepting of the idea to help/assist them. I give 0 ****s about consumerism, and most purchases are in service to achieving goals either directly or indirectly.

I am not a rich man, and due to a lot of unlucky and negative circumstances I have had to start from scratch. This has only bolstered my "gameness", as I am naturally attracted to challenges and difficulty. I have "potential" that I am trying to convert into something realistic. Despite the obstacles, I have been able to keep myself afloat, pay for school (trying to change my career trajectory), invest (not stock market), and save. I have recently been thinking about using "good debt" to get ahead, as I have yet to utilise credit in any fashion (I am not a US citizen where credit is ubiqitious). My "balance sheet" is decent -- nothing spectacular but I am not drowning or behind on anything, and am still able to spend on something luxurious once in a while.

I would say that Mars conjunct. Jupiter in my case increases the desire to be proactive and entrepreneurial. I have all my planets on the left side of the chart, so this increases the tendency toward self-sufficiency. Bundle chart people are supposed to be good at managing limited resources and I think Moon in 2nd makes it important for me to be financially sound in order to have some emotional equilibrium, so I am going to be focused on doing and knowing the things that contributes to those outcomes.

With regard to your chart, there are some concerning placements that may contribute to negative 2nd house outcomes. You have the Scorpio to Aquarius squares from the 12th to the 2nd that ties in 12th house themes with 2nd house themes. Couple the fact that these discordant aspects are comprised of the traditional malefics, and we see that you have a bit of a uphill climb with regard to your financial problems.

Have you ever tried to learn financial literacy? There are ample resources online in both video and text format. Another thing I am wondering is, what is it about earning your own money that is distasteful to you?

You're younger than me and so smart! You clearly have some good aspects to counteract ...
Any recommendation for those online resources...I have never read a finance statement in my life..
Also i'm copying stuff from my other posts-
Also the reason why i had such on/off with regards to my job...i'm literally not able to comprehend things quickly in a linear manner,especially when i'm not interested in the subject at hand which happens most of the time. I feel like i don't know everything. I feel like i can only do same thing over & over. I can't be spontaneous & new info just panics me.
It also makes me irresponsible coz if i'm not interested, i deliberately, or maybe, unconsciously self sabotage.
I feel like i have a tendency to escape reality. Which is why i wanted to figure out my own interests- one where i'm 'feeling' it, so that it doesn't really feel like work.What’s that saying? Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life. I also have horrendous communications skills. I copy other people's speech too. Like literally speak the same lines. Any practical tips on improving communication that really works?But the worst part is that I'm not even interested in vast majority of casual conversations.

Also any practical ways to overcome those concerning placements in my chart that you've pointed out..Do you feel i have the potential to overcome them. I do feel ambitious when i see other people having so many things & yet i feel passive a lot of times...

I guess it's 12th mars causing lack of drive/passivity? Does mars square saturn make me ambitious-again i'm looking for validation/soothsaying. Also i have no earth/fire in my chart...can i instill the things i'm not born with? tldr: if i'm born with such 'spirtual' chart, can i still be successful with money?

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

At this point, I am unsure if I can provide you with a game plan/actionable steps, since I don't know you enough to know what would be most comfortable for you to accept and move forward with. But I can provide you with my opinions on some of your questions.

From my read (generally, not astrologically) a lot of solutions to your problems lies in going out of your comfort zone intellectually and actually learning new subjects, habits and modes of being. Even though you have that great improviser Sagittarius rising, a lot of your chart is fixed and cadent, which does describe someone who is more comfortable with entrenched patterns to the point of unconscious repititiveness. Some more questions I would have for you then is, what "interests" you to the extent that you would forget enough about your insecurities to dive into the subject? How do you learn best? (With your interests in teaching you are probably aware of different learning styles). You say you aren't quick-witted nor do you think linearly... so is your mind more emotional, intuitive, "creative"? Right-brained kind of orientation? Would material that stimulates that part of your brain pierce your learning barriers?

Learning personal finance and proper communication skills takes time and effort.... and both will have a learning curve, especially for those that aren't naturally predisposed to those areas. Are you ready to make that commitment? Will you give up and get discouraged when the inevitable negative thoughts of not being "smart enough" to grasp the concepts quickly arise? Maybe you can reflect on these questions.

With regard to the philosophical questions on astrological aspects... I am currently in an ambivalent space about the whole subject. I generally think that humanity does not (perhaps cannot) know enough to accurately demarcate the line between free-will/choice and fate. Ergo, in a practical sense we always have more choice than we realise.

There was this interesting discussion on Skyscript many many years ago, and a particular astrologer would mention one of her clients who would listen to her prognostication of the planetary energies... then creatively find a way to incorporate the cosmos into his life in such a way as to neutralize the worst effects while maximising the good. It was ingenious. Of course, the first step was for him to be aware of what energetic patterns he had at his disposal, and everyone on this website should have a working knowledge of this.

I mention this to say that there isn't one manifestation of the chart energies, and even malefic energy can be turned to a positive outcome.

You were born with the chart you born with, and trying to be something that you aren't would not work and probably make you miserable (so if you aren't meant to be fire/earth that was just not in the cards for you). Water/Air can be reflective, considerate, flexible, contemplative, humble, open to outside influences, friendly, communicative, sensitive and approachable, heartfelt and human. I think you should lean on these traits to know your "heart", since knowing this will result in you having more confidence and certainty in what you want to do with your life. Maybe the issue of money will fall into place after you have done such soul searching.

Last edited:

BAYANARIZASEVIYORUM

You might identity with the issues in the following video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j6jrBZQo5fM

Hi logged in today...
I have been setting up a routine for myself & doing yoga..
I will try to communicate with you sometime later, if you don't mind...because i've been confused about this whole thing & in counselling right now.
I just wanted to thank you...your insight is extremely valuable. Will definitely try to apply.