Yods in natal chart

VirgoMoon

Hi there! I would like to ask for some help with the yod in my natal chart. Although I can find some info about yods, it is harder to find interpretations.

I have a mars/ venus – Jupiter – moon; I found that action (mars) or self-love (venus) and Jupiter (spirituality/ education) help me to overcome the harsher traits related to my moon (self-criticism, perfectionistic). I can also relate to the mars/ venus placement in the 10th house. My career triggered self-criticism and the perfectionistic style. Also, mars in aries can make me impulsive and probably to much focused on action and hard work instead of my emotions. I was wondering if anyone has additional insights based on my chart?

Also, I may have a second yod; pluto- moon- venus/mars. But I’m not sure since there is a 4-degree orb between pluto and the moon. Some websites say that the planets of the yod need to be within 3 degrees, others are less strict.

Last edited:

katydid

Hi there! I would like to ask for some help with the yod in my natal chart. Although I can find some info about yods, it is harder to find interpretations.

I have a mars/ venus – Jupiter – moon; I found that action (mars) or self-love (venus) and Jupiter (spirituality/ education) help me to overcome the harsher traits related to my moon (self-criticism, perfectionistic). I can also relate to the mars/ venus placement in the 10th house. My career triggered self-criticism and the perfectionistic style. Also, mars in aries can make me impulsive and probably to much focused on action and hard work instead of my emotions. I was wondering if anyone has additional insights based on my chart?

Also, I may have a second yod; pluto- moon- venus/mars. But I’m not sure since there is a 4-degree orb between pluto and the moon. Some websites say that the planets of the yod need to be within 3 degrees, others are less strict.

I use whole sign, but I also uploaded placidus house system since I have noticed most people are using this :)

"Also, I may have a second yod; pluto- moon- venus/mars. But I’m not sure since there is a 4-degree orb between pluto and the moon. Some websites say that the planets of the yod need to be within 3 degrees, others are less strict. "

Yes, good observation on your part. You DO have a 2nd Yod, and it is part of the other Yod, making it a 'Siamese Twin' of sorts. In other words the two Yods are intertwined and that makes it a two fold 'paradox.'

I call the Yod configuration a paradox in this sense='a situation, person, or thing that combines contradictory features or qualities.'

First we should answer your question about the orb. I do agree that it should be an orb of 3 degrees--usually. But I make an exception for the Moon because of it's speed. The moon can move 14 degrees a day. So the difference between a 3 or 4 degree orb is just a matter of an hour our two. With most orbs, planets can take a few days or weeks to change by one degree. So that Moon sextile to Pluto is admissible here. In my opinion...

Also, I would count it as a Yod because it is connected to another Yod, and that gives it more weight as a possible Yod configuration.

So there is no question, in my mind, but that you have two powerful Yods which are interconnected at the Moon/[Venus/Mars] inconjunction.

That makes the Aries/Virgo Quincunx very powerful in your nativity.

Your Double Yod is very integral to your entire chart for a few reasons.

One, the type of chart pattern you have is a Funnel and Bucket Pattern. You have a 'bucket, which is everything between Scorpio/5th to Aries in the 1Oth. All of that area is filled with planets. So the [Venus/Mars] to Pluto quincunx is the 'rim' of the bowl.

The rim of the bowl can be an Opposition or a Trine or not be aspected at all. In your case it is an inconjiunct.

So there is kind of a disconnect between what you love and desire, emotionally and aesthetically, [Pluto/5th] and what you do physically/daily for your career and what you are recognised for publicly and are paid for. [Venus/Mars10th] This disconnect is part of the 'paradox' felt in the life of a person with strong Yods in their chart.

The 'rim' of your bucket of planets is comprised of a 'disconnect' between Aries on the very public Midheavan, and the Moon in Virgo, in the 3rd of personal communication.

So your bosses and colleagues may expect you to be a very inspiring, enthusiastic role model and public speaker that looks optimistically towards the future. However hidden below is the 3rd house Virgo Moon which is less than optimistic and is actually quite alarmed at the current state of things. So it may be hard at times to reconcile the two disconnected parts of your life.

It is the Moon in Virgo in the 3rd, which is like the 'funnel', which all of that bucket energy flows through. If you look at the coloured lines in your chart [the aspects]--- you will see that most every planet aspects your Moon and there is a tremendous flow of energy from that bucket, shifted to your Moon, which is the only planet outside of the 'rim.' That makes it a singleton. Or a funnel.

So as the funnel planet, it sorts through and modifies and translates everything, and then attempts to communicate it to others. [3rd house]

That is a tremendous task for the Moon, which is an emotional vehicle, not necessarily an objective planet. So you likely tend to overthink everything but in a somewhat intellectual yet emotional way?

The Moon in Virgo kind of blends the 2 together-the intellect and the emotions- into kind of a sea of genius perceptions which makes one seem very intelligent and elite to others, but at the same time can make one feel overwhelmed and crippled by the expectations that come along with that.

People look to you for your wonderful Venus/Mars in Aries optimism and FAITH and your ability to make them feel like things will improve if they do the work, and make the necessary changes and believe in themselves. You are inspiring and have a healing presence.

That^^^ Aries energy is the apex of the 1st Yod. The inconjunct to Pluto in the 5th in Scorpio, which includes the South Node and Saturn in that house, conveys a totally different feeling within you, which you may tend to keep to yourself.

Pluto/So Node/Saturn has sometimes lost all hope and often has a profound sense of deep despair, and sees uselessness and sorrow as pervasive. :pouty:

That is part of the paradox. How can one inspire others to have faith and hope and yet feel a strong sense of hopelessness deep within their own soul? :bandit:

Luckily, the funnel to Moon in Virgo never gives up. There is ALWAYS a way to overcome and to find a way out, with a 3rd house Virgo Moon. Although critical and cynical, that Moon is also practical and logical and can research and network and find the necessary steps to elevate oneself and move forward. :ninja:

The Moon is your chart ruler, as it rules your Cancer Ascendant. And it is also the funnel of your bucket chart. So that makes it doubly powerful in this chart.

I think it is a lucky thing that it is placed in Virgo in the 3rd because you do need some objectivity. It may create excess anxiety as you may tend to overthink and criticise the heck out of little things---:whistling:---but you also come to the proper conclusions through reasoned and logical approaches to the issues at hand. :cool:

Last edited:

VirgoMoon

"Also, I may have a second yod; pluto- moon- venus/mars. But I’m not sure since there is a 4-degree orb between pluto and the moon. Some websites say that the planets of the yod need to be within 3 degrees, others are less strict. "

I think it is a lucky thing that it is placed in Virgo in the 3rd because you do need some objectivity. It may create excess anxiety as you may tend to overthink and criticise the heck out of little things---:whistling:---but you also come to the proper conclusions through reasoned and logical approaches to the issues at hand. :cool:

Thank you so much for looking into this and explaining everything so thoroughly to me! I was wondering if I had a bucket pattern but I wasn’t sure :)

Again, thank you so much! I really appreciate your help :happy: Since I really love to understand things haha …. I was wondering if it is true that the yods are placed for you to learn a particular lesson? Pushing you towards something? Or is it that you need to deal with the paradox and integrate it into your daily life as a part of your personality. So; to transcend or to accept? :cool:

Last edited:

katydid

"Since I really love to understand things haha …. I was wondering if it is true that the yods are placed for you to learn a particular lesson? Pushing you towards something? Or is it that you need to deal with the paradox and integrate it into your daily life as a part of your personality. So; to transcend or to accept? "

Good question. I have studied Astrology for over 50 years, and I think it is BOTH---Transcend AND Accept. :tongue:

You can 'accept' that your have these two parts of yourself that have a basic disconnect---and then you can try and ' transcend' the obstacles by blending them somehow.

I do think Yods are placed there to help us learn specific lessons. And to learn that lesson, we may have to deal with the paradox and integrate it, as best we can, into our daily lives.

I have a yod which points to my Jupiter in Taurus in the 12th, conjunct my Taurus ascendant. So I want to be hedonistic, and spoil myself, and enjoy my creature comforts, in treasured solitude. :whistling:

But I have a strong quincunx from that selfish Taurean desire to my Saturn/Neptune conjunction in Libra in the 6th of 'service to others.'

So I also have a strong need to sacrifice myself by putting others first, especially partners and clients. I will work tirelessly to meet their needs and satisfy them. [Sat/Neptune in 6th in Libra]

I had to learn to accept both of these parts of my psyche, and satisfy both of their desires. My Libra conjunction had me putting my husband on a pedestal, and putting him and our children first. :pouty:

And yet I also had to make time for myself and my own needs/desires, and did so, although it sometimes was a power struggle. :bandit:

35 years later we are still married and our kids still love me. :innocent:

Last edited:

VirgoMoon

[FONT=&quot]Back again on this tread with another yod question :innocent: Still studying my natal chart and now I was looking more closely into Chiron. It appears I have a third yod with Chiron as the apex planet and Pluto and Neptune as a sextile. I’ve been reading that a yod with Pluto and Neptune is common since these planets had this aspect for decades. A close friend who is a year older than me has the same yod. But some say that because Chiron is an asteroid it isn’t a real yod. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So, I was wondering if this is indeed a yod? Especially since I have quite a few aspects to Chiron in my chart. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I uploaded my chart with Chiron aspects.[/FONT]

Last edited:

katydid

[FONT=&quot]Back again on this tread with another yod question :innocent: Still studying my natal chart and now I was looking more closely into Chiron. It appears I have a third yod with Chiron as the apex planet and Pluto and Neptune as a sextile. I’ve been reading that a yod with Pluto and Neptune is common since these planets had this aspect for decades. A close friend who is a year older than me has the same yod. But some say that because Chiron is an asteroid it isn’t a real yod. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So, I was wondering if this is indeed a yod? Especially since I have quite a few aspects to Chiron in my chart. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I uploaded my chart with Chiron aspects.[/FONT]

The 3rd yod in your chart is interesting to look at, but keep in mind it is more of a 'generational' configuration than a personal one. Meaning, as you correctly pointed out, Neptune/Pluto are the slowest moving, and that sextile was present for about 15 years.

And Chiron would be forming the apex for many months. Thus everyone born in about a 6 month period would have that same yod. So it could be more representative of the 'times' you were born into, than your specific personality.

Neptune in Cap sextiling Pluto in Scorpio might be the softening of old rules/traditions concerning gender roles and sexual identity, and changes in sexual boundaries and behaviours. That 'generational shift' focuses like a laser towards Chiron in Gemini in the 12th. How does that cultural/generational shift affect you personally in terms of your 'childhood' wounds?

Chiron in the 12th is somewhat hidden from view, and dwelling in the unconscious realm. It could be the things you tell yourself, the voice in your head, writing your script.

The Neptune/Pluto[the generational shift] sextile is allowing you to adjust in a more casual, healthy way to things about yourself [Chiron] that used to make you feel uncomfortable or anxious? [Chiron in 12th square Moon, Opposed Saturn=tension from Mom and Dad/childhood?]

katydid

Also, the cool thing about adding the aspects to Chiron----notice the Green dotted lines almost forming a 5 pointed star?

You almost have a Grand Sextile. If your Cancer Asc. was about 2 or 3 degrees, it would finish off that rare configuration, which creates that Star pattern.

I like the look of it. :cool:

VirgoMoon

Also, the cool thing about adding the aspects to Chiron----notice the Green dotted lines almost forming a 5 pointed star?

You almost have a Grand Sextile. If your Cancer Asc. was about 2 or 3 degrees, it would finish off that rare configuration, which creates that Star pattern.

I like the look of it. :cool:

Haha me too!! I saw it right away! I was hoping that this would mean I would win the lottery some day :whistling:

I expected that this would be a generational thing :smile: But I do recognize your explanation.

I already send you a PM to thank you for help the last time! Making the unconscious conscious is the best gift you can give others :biggrin: Thank you again!! I hope you had a great Christmas :smile:

Last edited: