Counterpoint and the 3rd house Stellium

Cardac

I don't really have another place to put this, but I felt like it should be said.

I have so much going on in my third house, which for me is Sagittarius. So many people with this stellium end up being headcases apparently, and while I am all too often in a clouded chaos, the one single thing that has brought me joy and mental peace is counterpoint.

Now, for those of you who are not familiar with counterpoint, it is a manner of composing music that was pioneered in the renaissance and used heavily and perfected in the baroque period of music (1685-1750).

If I were to explain counterpoint in terms of Bach vs. Beatles, i'd say where McCartney had chords supporting one clear melody line, Bach had many clear melody lines supporting each other, like the organs of the body. All codependent, but separate.

With all the planets floating around in my mental processes house, I have at least made perfect crystal clear sense of what's going on in the music. I can hear all the parts separate and together. I think I've found a tool to help me out, and it matches so well with my libra rising, the great harmonizer of the cosmos. I plan to teach music theory, direct choir, and compose my own music.

I often find myself stressed about life, and all the whirring cosmos that apparently help or hinder me, and to take everything in is too difficult. But, if I just say to myself, "Andrew, the counterpoint" it gives me solace that if Bach could write 6 part counterpoint with all it's difficulty, I could live my life and bring harmony to me and my fellow man through it.

Idk, I'm just hoping that maybe somewhere out there there's a person struggling for direction, and I'm just trying to pass along something that has given me such happiness and sense of direction.

-cardac

Last edited: