Mystic rectangle - how to read this?

Coloora

Please, help mi with understanding this aspect of my horoscope.

How to interpret this rectangle?
Venus - Mars - Pluto - Neptune.
Is it really the mystic rectangle and what's the meaning?

Attachments

• chartt.gif
    chartt.gif
    58.1 KB · Views: 62

piercethevale

Yes it is a "Mystical or Harmonic" rectangle.
It is 4/6s of a "Grand Sextile" or Star of Solomon matrix.

Dane Rudhyrar had high praise for this matrix. He pointed to the natal chart of Paul Foster Case that had one. Case's configuration included; A Mars/Neptune - Mercury/Moon oppositions. The trines being between Mercury and Neptune and the Moon and Mars.
I have one that is of Saturn conj. Neptune/ Venus conj. Mercury - Moon conj. I.C./Pluto conj. M.C. oppositions. The trines are between Saturn conj. Neptune, trine Moon conj. I.C. and Venus conj. Mercury. trine Pluto conj. the M.C.
It's very much like that of Paul Foster Case's ...only to the nth degree.
Find the avg. point in the matrix...in your case this comes to 01* 01' of the four respective signs. Read the Sabian symbols for the 2nd degree [yes, 01* 01' is in the 2nd degree] for those signs and the two that would complete the 'Grand Sextile" matrix. You'll get a message. It's the 'gestalt' behind your particular Harmonic Rectangle [it's only considered mystical if you are inclined towards mysticism.]. The missing two points activate a "Grand Sextile" matrix when those two points are filled simultaneously by transiting Luminaries, Planets, Moons Nodes or Lilith...and possibly Chiron [anything other than that is up to your own preferences.]. It can also be activated by progession, simultaneously.

If by chance both at the same time...

O M G !​

you need to study the Planets involved, the signs ...possibly the Houses too, if you place that much importance on them.

I hope I answered your question

my chart

Attachments

• astro_2gw_03_dave_m.15235.35391.jpg
    astro_2gw_03_dave_m.15235.35391.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

piercethevale

I should add that another way to do this is take the planet with the most influence and use that as the base of your matrix...and read those symbols...in all actuality you should do both...and the symbols for the degrees that the Planets are actually in...you'll see what I mean...I'm pretty sure of it. If not...get back to me and I'll see if I can't walk you through it.

you can find the symbols here:
http://mindfire.ca/The Sabian Symbols/An Astrological Mandala - Contents.htm

piercethevale

You see, the rectangle is just another form of a cross. Unlike the "Grand Cross" though. In a 'Harmonic or Mystical" rectangle it's all Trines and Sextiles. Trines are 'Vision" and Sextiles are 'Management".
In a "Grand Cross" all you have are Squares, 'Conflicts" that demand to be resolved.
But both have oppositions ...in a cross matrix the oppositions are assisted into a resolution of the opposing precepts found in the degree symbolism. [Not so much with the "Grand Cross" though...although it does give one resolve to face challenges...if it doesn't break your Spirit. Some where in the Bible or some other "Holy Book" it is said that God only means to bend the bough ...not break it. If you'll look at my chart you'll see that I also have a 'Grand Cross' involving the chart Axis. ...and that it is integrated with the Harmonic Rectangle. ...and yes, I'm inclined towards mysticism...very inclined.]

a little inspirational music...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zarsqZCXO8Y
I dedicate it to God.

Last edited:

piercethevale

Having read the sequence of symbols i suggested from Cancer 2* to Taurus 2* to Capricorn 2* and finally Scorpio 2* [because all true paths of Spiritual discipleship start in Virgo and follow the the Zodiac in reverse direction of what is considered traditional... Cancer is the first sign involved after Virgo, by that understanding] These symbolize someone with a rather profound mission or contribution to an purpose during thier life...the symbols of an elevated perspective leads to an allegorical 'Electrical Storm' able to transform all known ways of existence...necessary damage [of a part of a 'Trinity'] due to conflicts and then the poignant remembrance of what was once so but now is no more is a pretty heavy message to come to bear with.
Remember that it is part of an incomplete 'Grand Sextile' and that the full manifestation of the matrix is saying that 'This' is the ideal manifestation of one who could achieve this from the 'Vision", trines...and the "Management", sextiles, to get it done.
So, look also to the degrees of Virgo 2* and Pisces 2*...and as Pisces 2* states [according to Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian symbols, "An Astrological Mandala"]

PISCES 02* "A SQUIRREL HIDING FROM HUNTERS.

KEYNOTE: The individual's need both to ensure his future subsistence and to protect himself from aggressive social elements.
... be on the lockout for the dangers...The individual is never certain of being safe among his fellowmen, once the process of individualization — with its negative aspects, competition, social aggressivity and greed — forces the breakdown of the organic tribal state of mankind during the archaic ages. ...
... It warns of the dangers of life in society during an era of exacerbated individualism, when violence is a possibility never to be dismissed. The need for [Rudhyar's 'Keyword{s} in summation of his definition] SELF-PROTECTION and caution is ever present."

Well...Yeah, anybody out to do what those four symbols, that you have got, in that perfect matrix 'Harmonic/Mystical Rectangle', WOULD need to be on the look out for their own safety. The 2nd* of Virgo states it all; "A Large White Cross Dominates The Landscape" ...in that one has to be beyond the limitations of ego and prejudices to be the effective incarnation of one that can achieve this.

piercethevale

And so, you may see your own actual matrix of symbolism as to the degrees of the Zodiac these influences of Mars, Venus, Neptune and Pluto [hmmmm...? Very interesting...the lower and higher octaves of the same two precepts or principles!] are found in. They are the 29th of Gemini [Mars], the 1st degree of Taurus, the 3rd degree of Capricorn and the 3rd degree of Scorpio.
I see this as one being here to have a mission or contribution to make involving the prefect manifestation that will come at some time [or has already in the past] that is supportive..an important and essential contributor to one that will come with the vision and the mission to implement it...or an event that will achieve the same.
It may even mean that you might be that person or instigator of an event. I would surmise this to be indicated by progression of the natal that may meet that pattern of the perfect matrix or by transiting influences that arrive in those four signs simultaneously in a way that aligns there position with your natal positions and the resulting convergence is found in that perfection [mid points].
Of course these are all hypothetical possibilities but based on similar experiences I have seen in my own natal chart or in the lives of those I've studied enough to have seen something as of like this.
My own comes to an avg. of apprx 22* 06' 12" ...that is, the 23rd degrees of Leo, Aries, Aquarius and Libra ...with the missing ideals of the 23rd of Sag. and Gemini. That means only my natal Saturn @ 22* Libra 17' is actually in both the ideal and the veritable degree. It is symbolized as [ibid.]: "CHANTICLEER'S VOICE HERALDS SUNRISE.
KEYNOTE: A creative and joyous response to life processes. ...
... is a beautiful symbol of the ability, demonstrated by all pioneers and cosmically attuned individuals, to give voice to what is as yet unmanifested, but is on the way to manifestation."

...that sums up what I've been doing as far as anything 'Mystic' to anyone else is concerned...as I do actually see my endeavors for the greatest good having been directed, that particular way, all along. And, interestingly, I became convinced of the power and proper use of Sun pujas [rites of Vedic origins] at Sunrise in 2001 and avidly began such in early 2003 and have been as consistent as possible in doing these pujas ever since. In these ancient rites mantras are used which are basically a heralding of the Suns reappearance, seeing it as Gods' representative in our physical realm and praising it for being that and our life giving source.
As I had as my first signature line: "You are a Divine Expression of the Universe"... all people have to do is 'See it' in their natal astrology and then let it 'Manifest'... imho...
As Saturn is the only astro influence, in my own natal chart, in the 'perfect' degree and is also in its' sign of exaltation...it stands to reason that Saturn may be the dominate player in my chart....although, if I remember correctly, another astrologers' evaluation of my chart lead them to declare the Moon as the dominate influential in my chart years ago...some years before I took astrology at all seriously. [My brother even declared Pluto to so be it, back in 1984 when he taught me the basics of Rudhyarian Astrology.] I once thought that possibly the M.C. is the dominate... as it is conj. my Part of Fortune... and that jibes with the Moon as they're all in the 25th degrees of Aquar. and Leo. ...and it is the Chart Axis is is pointed to as being the symbols of ones prime directive of their natal chart.
That jibes with the 25th of Libra as my 12th house cusp..said by Rudhyarian interp. to be symbolically ones' own answer to the world as to how to solve it's most demanding problem{s} ...the 25th of Libra is basically saying 'See the Cosmic symbolism all around you...every where... that there's a symbolism of a transcendent lesson to be learned, or a principle to be understood, in every experience, occurrence, in your lives.

So, what I'm saying is that there could be a number of ways to interpret this and so far all of them always seem to hold something, I've found or seen in others, of particular meaning to the person whose chart I was dealing with.
As the possible permutations are always just a degree, two or three from those of the others and as the precepts, which are symbolized in the degrees, meld one into the next [in either direction] they are, thus, of a similar 'overall gestalt'... meaning they are; slight variants of the perfected matrix.
Even Venus and Mercury, so far apart in my natal at 12 * 51' but which share a midpoint between them apart at about 6* 25' from themselves which is an allowable orb of influence for Planets in certain configurations...such as a conj. with the Sun or Moon..and if that's so, then the influence off this matrix energy must surely be of such influential power that it is allowing that midpoint, that common melding of influence , to be active point at 22* Aries 30', i.e. the mid point of my natal Venus and Mercury.

Now here's the: I need your full attention part...
Neptune will return over the 2nd degree of Pisces here real soon... [Neptune was there in March/April in direct motion and then again in last June/July in retrograde motion and as Neptune is also involved in the natal matrix...this is most indicative and auspicious from my experience]
Next February 2nd and 3rd Neptune will be in the 2nd of Pisces at the same time Mars and Mercury will be too, :andy::w00t: and the Moon will be in the 2nd of Virgo.
This may be the beginning of something big in your life...or the culmination of it... you'll figure it out...hopefully. [this is so neat...this usually happens when I get asked a question by someone and I find it's happening for them right now... or relatively soon... in that persons life. Only, this time, I just chanced to respond as for feeling I had to answer a post in a forum I usually shy away. Delivering the understanding to the one that is in need of...just prior to the event.]

I hope this explanation wasn't too lengthy... I try not to talk about my own astrology, as the rule, but often find that I have to, as I did here, to explain what I know and how I came to that knowledge or understanding.
Please, feel free to ask for anything further explained or to be considered that you might have need of. ptv

Last edited:

piercethevale

I got curious and wondered if there might not be some major Astrological Parts/Lots on or near your chart axis on on the matrix. I wasn't too disappointed.
Your M.C. is 04* Aquar. 59' 48" ...and if it is accurate time [usually they round up , from what I understand] then it makes a difference in a chart axis symbology reading. Your Part of Fortune is 02* Aquarius 42' and your Part of Destiny [M.C. + Sun - Moon] is at 13* Gemini 12'.
The PoF is conj. your M.C. and your PoD is conjunct your Asc. [and both in orb to other astro bodies...I only count direct hits for those, myself..that is within 1* of orb.] Those are very auspicious placements they add there symbolism to that of the function of the axis point through its' symbolism.
I have PoF exactly conj. [same degree] my M.C. and my PoD is the degree before my Asc. but conj by 38' of a degree [and if I was born 20 seconds earlier..as I suspect...it may in fact be conj. too]
The Asc. is "WHO" you are and that is summed up by the Sabian symbol [from Rudhyar] "NEWLY OPENED LANDS OFFER THE PIONEER NEW OPPORTUNITIES FOR EXPERIENCE.

KEYNOTE: The power and joy of new beginnings.

[one who, when called, responds by] RISING TO THE OCCASION."

and your Part of Destiny..apart from the Desc. as "WHERE-TO", the Part of Destiny is about what the Cosmos [Creator, if you will] intends for their use of you. What they would like to see you become in assistance to the "The Plan".
For you that is the 14th of Gemini [ibid.]

"BRIDGING PHYSICAL SPACE AND SOCIAL DISTINCTIONS, TWO MEN COMMUNICATE TELEPATHICALLY.

KEYNOTE: The capacity to transcend the limitations of bodily existence
.... At this.. stage of the....sequence [of symbols in procession] we see the potentiality of a new technique to be used in the "newly opened lands" confronting the pioneers in human evolution. It is a TECHNIQUE OF TRANSCENDENCE. It evidently can also bring confusion and many failures, as well as illusory claims and self-deceit."

hmmm.... are you aware of any esp or psychic proclivities... this could be taken quite literal, you know?
[that's something to delve into within this chart]

piercethevale

The Desc. is the "WHERE-TO" of you chart axis and it is the 11th of Sag. [ibid.]

"IN THE LEFT SECTION OF AN ARCHAIC TEMPLE, A LAMP BURNS IN A CONTAINER SHAPED LIKE A HUMAN BODY.

KEYNOTE: The value of the "return to the body" advocated by modern thinkers in order to balance the stress on intellectuality and objective consciousness.
...It stresses the importance, for many individuals, of RELYING UPON ORGANISMIC RESPONSES in meeting life's challenges."

[You should read the entire texts for these symbols and familiarize yourself with them.]

piercethevale

The M.C. is "HOW" this is to be done, in a 'spiritually evolutionary' interpretation...if you are not spiritually inclined and are a material person then it is read as the "WHY" of the chart. The I.C. purpose switches accordingly.
As you have your Part of Fortune in the 3rd degree of Aquarius you read that as an assisting 'HOW' to the symbolism of the 5th of Aquarius..but as your's is so close to the cusp and may in fact be over...you should also read the symbol for the 6th of Aquarius as well...the precepts meld one into the other.
but, i also took the liberty of calculating two very reveling Parts [as they reveal 'spiritual missionaries' among us.] They are the Part of Service [Spiritual Service, to one of the 360 precepts/cosmic laws, that the Sabian symbols represent.] and the Part of Inheritance and Legacy, which, besides your departed aunts jewelry that you inherited, represents 'Spiritual Inheritance' for those that are more of 'World Servers'.
Your Part of Service calculates to be 03* Aquarius 09' ...even closer to your M.C. ...thus you now have the 3rd, 4th, 5th and possibly the 6th degree of Aquarius to read about. Just remember that the M.C. is primarily "HOW", the others in support roles...but powerfully placed and adding much to the impetus. [Fantastic!... never seen one like these before.]

The Part of Inheritance and Legacy is at 25* Leo 35'. i.e. the 26th degree of Leo That is a profound degree symbol. It represents "The Covenant" to those of a Judeo/Christian background... something of a similar nature to those of other backgrounds. It was also the Part of Love and Appreciation that I got from the chart I've proposed is the true chart of Yeshu'a of Nazareth aka Jesus... a chart I'm 99.9% convinced of and some other folks are too.

btw my North node is at the 7th degree of Aquarius and my M.C. and Part of Fortune in the 25th degree of Leo. Your Nodes are conj. my chart horizon. Yow-za... no wonder this thread called to me...
The Moon Nodes of the USA natal chart [the zero hour July 4, 1776 chart] are in the 7th of Aquarius and Leo and the Moon @ 16* Aquar. 39' 37" ...conj. your Jupiter. The Mars of the USA is also in Gemini, like yours.

Read about your Sabian symbols at this link. http://mindfire.ca/The Sabian Symbols/An Astrological Mandala - Contents.htm
[if you are ''gifted" with proclivities and you are spiritually inclined, I would say that you got 'special duty' here on Earth. As you have revealed yourself via your natal chart, your are now known to be some one to watch... and the question is... does anyone watch for this kind of stuff. [well, I do... I just don't report to anyone.] What I'm saying is take that symbol for the 2nd of Pisces very close to your heart...protect your self... beware those that will try to steer you in the wrong direction. Watch for those that will be drawn to your light only to feed off it.
Reinforce yourself with your "Archetype" [and daily prayer, too... if I may suggest.]

Last edited:

piercethevale

Okay now I'm floored....

{I knew there was something going on here...a little voice in my head kept saying... There's more...there's more...there's more...]

Review what I said about the 2rd degrees of Pisces and Virgo...

...now look at your progressed chart:andy::surprised::w00t::w00t::w00t:
you had just been experiencing a progressed M.C. and I.C. conj. those two degrees... amazing.

Attachments

• astro_52gw_258_now_coloora_20121023.27557.23625 progressed.jpg
    astro_52gw_258_now_coloora_20121023.27557.23625 progressed.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

piercethevale

Yeah you've got proclivities alright... Mad Skills, for sure.
Talent, charm, stamina, some healing powers and possibly the gift of prophecy too.
Not one to back down in a fight...and protector of the week and defenseless...

May God Bless you and watch over if you so desire.

read those symbols... your M.C. [the "HOW" of your chart] in the 5th of Aquarius states: [ibid.]

"A COUNCIL OF ANCESTORS IS SEEN IMPLEMENTING THE EFFORTS OF A YOUNG LEADER.

KEYNOTE: The Root foundation of past performances which power and sustain whatever decision is made in a crisis by an individual.

The whole past of mankind stands behind any individual effort, especially in times of critical decisions. The endeavor of the priests who built the California missions had behind it the whole past of Catholic proselytizing, i.e. the attempt to bring the "Good News" to all people of the Earth. Every individual is far more dependent upon the strength of their ancestors' achievements — or oppressed by their failures and lack of vision — than they usually believe. This can mean a hidden foundation of individual strength, or the inertia of a tradition unable to transcend its limited origins.

This is the last symbol in the sixty-first five-fold sequence. It suggests that in many situations RELIANCE UPON PRECEDENTS will enable the aspirant to greatness to tap the power of their deepest roots."

I would say that 'rectangle' of yours is definitely of the "MYSTIC" variety:wink:

piercethevale

a further comment. As both your natal Pluto and Neptune are in the 3rd degrees of their respective signs ...and as you could read this rectangle all around in the 3rd degrees as the most perfect matrix... [in fact, I hadn't thought of that till now. In that that is the one common degree it may 'gain influence' as being the paradigm of your rectangle.]
I can't recall exactly how long a progressed chart stays with the same house cusps but it is a good long while [around a year give or take a few months]
I read the chart axis symbols for progressed charts as well as natal.
Figure that the symbology is more of an immediate task and the natal as the long range goal.
This is why I say that this 'Mystic Rectangle' of yours is now a full blown "Grand Sextile" [Star of Solomon or Magen David] for the time being..and that time will be for a number of months yet.

I see that you're 27 years old so i would assume you are finished with school unless your are an advanced student working on a Doctoral or one that is attending a little later than the common age.
In science, research or business it should be a time that within which you will shine.
If you are a spiritual aspirant ...it could be about anything... if so, then be prepared and I would say if anything be 'offered' you from 'The Most High"...grab it.!

I cee

I got curious and wondered if there might not be some major Astrological Parts/Lots on or near your chart axis on on the matrix. I wasn't too disappointed.
Your M.C. is 04* Aquar. 59' 48" ...and if it is accurate time [usually they round up , from what I understand] then it makes a difference in a chart axis symbology reading. Your Part of Fortune is 02* Aquarius 42' and your Part of Destiny [M.C. + Sun - Moon] is at 13* Gemini 12'.
The PoF is conj. your M.C. and your PoD is conjunct your Asc. [and both in orb to other astro bodies...I only count direct hits for those, myself..that is within 1* of orb.] Those are very auspicious placements they add there symbolism to that of the function of the axis point through its' symbolism.
I have PoF exactly conj. [same degree] my M.C. and my PoD is the degree before my Asc. but conj by 38' of a degree [and if I was born 20 seconds earlier..as I suspect...it may in fact be conj. too]
The Asc. is "WHO" you are and that is summed up by the Sabian symbol [from Rudhyar] "NEWLY OPENED LANDS OFFER THE PIONEER NEW OPPORTUNITIES FOR EXPERIENCE.

KEYNOTE: The power and joy of new beginnings.

[one who, when called, responds by] RISING TO THE OCCASION."

and your Part of Destiny..apart from the Desc. as "WHERE-TO", the Part of Destiny is about what the Cosmos [Creator, if you will] intends for their use of you. What they would like to see you become in assistance to the "The Plan".
For you that is the 14th of Gemini [ibid.]

"BRIDGING PHYSICAL SPACE AND SOCIAL DISTINCTIONS, TWO MEN COMMUNICATE TELEPATHICALLY.

KEYNOTE: The capacity to transcend the limitations of bodily existence
.... At this.. stage of the....sequence [of symbols in procession] we see the potentiality of a new technique to be used in the "newly opened lands" confronting the pioneers in human evolution. It is a TECHNIQUE OF TRANSCENDENCE. It evidently can also bring confusion and many failures, as well as illusory claims and self-deceit."

hmmm.... are you aware of any esp or psychic proclivities... this could be taken quite literal, you know?
[that's something to delve into within this chart]
Hey Mr P, just wondered where you got the def' on Gemini 10* Asc,sabian.
I get 'An airplane falling'.......jus a curious "woman pursued by mature romance"
:love::bandit:

Coloora

First off all, I would like to say:

thank You, so very very much for response :)
It is amazing.
I hope than one day will have so much feeling for reading and understanding the chart and symbols.

I've searched the meaning of symbols but there wasn't an explanation, just a few words - the name. Now, that you explain all of them, I can see what they are saying.

Yes, I'm 27 but... I am still learning, have studies.
I wish to be a logopedist, right now I am biologist - human biologist. But I'm also interested in psychology and off course astrology.
I must admit, that I had experience in my life some weird situations.
it may sound crazy, mad... but I had prophecy dreams. They are rare, but well... they are. And it is not like deja vu because I am saying about this to people that are close to me... and then a couple days later things are happen. A couple years before I didn't tell everyone, like the time when pope Jan Pawel II dies, I dreamt about this few days before.
Sometimes I think that life is little bit hard to me because of my health problems ( whith knees and spine, since february 2010). But I have strong determination to win, to get well. And to get my goals. I mean - finish studies, and by rehab have no more problems with health. If I achive these, I'll be very happy.
I know that saturn is delaying a lot in my life. Is that correct?
I can feel that influence very much.
I can also feel that I have great intuition, my friends see that too.
In february 2013 I should finish studies... also find practice lessons. But I don't want to talk to much;) hope everything will have good ending :)

Please, excuse me for my english mistakes;)

Again... thank you,

You must be very kind person.

If it isn't a problem,can you recommend me some books that are the best in your opinion to understand the natal chart?

piercethevale

First off all, I would like to say:

thank You, so very very much for response :)
It is amazing.
I hope than one day will have so much feeling for reading and understanding the chart and symbols.

I've searched the meaning of symbols but there wasn't an explanation, just a few words - the name. Now, that you explain all of them, I can see what they are saying.

Yes, I'm 27 but... I am still learning, have studies.
I wish to be a logopedist, right now I am biologist - human biologist. But I'm also interested in psychology and off course astrology.
I must admit, that I had experience in my life some weird situations.
it may sound crazy, mad... but I had prophecy dreams. They are rare, but well... they are. And it is not like deja vu because I am saying about this to people that are close to me... and then a couple days later things are happen. A couple years before I didn't tell everyone, like the time when pope Jan Pawel II dies, I dreamt about this few days before.
Sometimes I think that life is little bit hard to me because of my health problems ( whith knees and spine, since february 2010). But I have strong determination to win, to get well. And to get my goals. I mean - finish studies, and by rehab have no more problems with health. If I achive these, I'll be very happy.
I know that saturn is delaying a lot in my life. Is that correct?
I can feel that influence very much.
I can also feel that I have great intuition, my friends see that too.
In february 2013 I should finish studies... also find practice lessons. But I don't want to talk to much;) hope everything will have good ending :)

Please, excuse me for my english mistakes;)

Again... thank you,

You must be very kind person.

If it isn't a problem,can you recommend me some books that are the best in your opinion to understand the natal chart?

Thank you for the compliment.
I too am, somewhat, clairvoyant and my visions come mostly through dreams also. In fact I was able to make myself do it via dreaming when I was 8 years old, having read the technique in a magazine my folks subscribed to. Dream divination is the term for that.

I am sorry to hear about your skeletal problems...there are other members of this forum that are way more studied in that realm of astrology. Dr. Farr is an Astrologer that has a great depth of study in this realm, he may be able to help you understand about that more if you seek to.

I had to look up what a Logopedist is and I must say I'm rather impressed with a science I didn't even know existed until this evening. As I have been a Yogi since 1968 [when I was 15] using Japa [mantra or prayer] yoga initially and still using it, but not solely, and as I know what power the spoken word has ...I find this 'highly commendable'.

I don't know what books to recommend. I would imagine that you'd be best off with what is written in Polish or has been translated into Polish [I'm assuming that Polish is your 'first language'] There are some wonderful German astrologers that have written, or so I am to understand. I have a couple of books that have been translated to English that have been of great help to me by German authors.
I do recommend starting with Dane Rudhyar's, "The Astrology of Personality". It was first published in 1936, about 9 years after Dane became interested in Astrology. he was much studied in Carl Jung's works, psychology and Vedic science and history [and of Sanskrit and Hinduism as well...or somewhat as well.] I recommend the wikipedia biography of Dane that is online, it is short and concise and then read that book.
The book was picked as one of the 100 Most Important Books of the 20th Century by the New York Times newspaper in 1999 [or 2000, I forget] it was the only Astrology book to make that list...if I remember correctly.

For a Hand book, I recommend Sakoian and Acker's, "Astrologers Handbook", but mainly because it is what I started with and still primarily rely on for the basics when I need to refresh my memory or for reference...many here at this forum won't be that kind in review of it. I like it because it mentions the extra sensory, the metaphysical, the clairvoyant and psychic proclivities that some aspects bestow.
Their assessment of Pluto conj. the Asc. is profound... as I met a woman with that aspect within one half of a degree in conjunction. She demonstrated abilities just as they say. They are also accurate about her Taurus Moon, which she has conj. her Mid Haven, as to be the "Green Thumb" manifested in the HIGHEST ...they are correct about Pluto conj. the Mid Haven, as I have that aspect..correct about a Saturn/Neptune conj., as I also have a very tight conjunction of that. [The ability to meditate like your the one that invented the practice] I know of no other authors that delve into that stuff...if there is or are, I would recommend seeking out their work as well.
I also recommend getting Dane Rudhyars book on the Sabian symbols, "An Astrological Mandala" ...refer to it for every reason that there might be. For example, check the Planets degrees and read their symbol. The Chart Axis, the Arabic/Astrological Parts /Lots ...and read those symbols. I saw that they were of influence the first day I was introduced to them ...but it took years to really begin to 'SEE' their influence all over my chart and the chars of others.
If Sakoian and Acker are impossible to find or not to your liking, I recommend Ursula Lewis', "Handbook of Astrology", although it is out of print.
...and I recommend getting Dane Rudhyar's and Layla Rael's book "Astrological Aspects. A Process Oriented Approach."

You see, I'm not what is called a 'Traditional Astrologer". I am primarily Rudhyarian in technique [there are a couple few techniques I employ that He didn't...for example: I use Placidus and He was for Campanus... or so it seems as to every chart I ever saw that was from His hand. I also found the Arabic/Hermetic/Astrological Parts [or Lots] to be symbolically active, something I've never seen mentioned in His writings. ...and I am very much a believer in the Sabian symbols and strongly recommend starting with Rudhyars interpretations...and then later supplementing his book with that of some one like Lynda Hill or that of our own member SDH3, whom is a college professor that has taught at MIT, does teach for Carnegie Mellon, and has an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering and then went to Duke to get a PhD in Organizational Theory. He may have an additional degree or two...I can't recall offhand. I understand Bovee's book is rather well received, although I have never seen a copy, much less read any of it. I recommend staying away form all other authors on the Sabian symbols...except for Marc Edmond Jones... the very man that procured them through a clairvoyant he took much time and trouble to decide on and get to assist him, Elsie Wheeler. She determined by M. E. Jones to have been the most capable and lest corruptible American clairvoyant to re-ascertain them in 1925.
I almost forgot, my own book...it isn't any piece of great literature though. I'm not an accomplished writer and didn't get the assistance from the publisher I had asked for and thought I was going to get, but the book is an introduction to how and why the Sabian symbols work through Astrological parts and a confirmation of the aspects granting metaphysical talents ...as I mentioned earlier.
The first chapter is a quick biography on myself, who I am what I studied in Astrological techniques and my spiritual upbringing and study. I felt it necessary to provide this brief bio. as for the reason being, the main topic of the book, which is reveled in its title, "A Template for the Time. The Astrological Birth Chart of Jesus." [TGS Publishing] ..and I'm certain that the more acceptance the book gets the more critical and admonishing the critics will be of my background, studies and just about everything else in, and of, my life. {I'll say this...I can't walk on water...at least not the last time I tried...which was when I was about 8 years old.:lol:}
It came about as I was researching what the renowned early 20th Century American clairvoyant, Edgar Cayce gave as the true birth date of the birth of Jesus, i.e. April 2, 3 C.E. [...and you probably recognize April 2nd as the date of the passing of the last Pope. some have speculated that he deliberately held on to life so as to die on that very day...as to some legend from an unnamed source that says that Jesus was born on that day ...March 19th by the Julian Calendar] What it demonstrates is that he was born a condition of the universe...true to His Astrological chart, his will was that of the chart...that the Creator wills for our lives is reveled in our natal charts and that to make ones own will one with the Creators is the ''Ultimate Free Will". ...what I'm saying is, is that, you are a Divine expression in flesh of the Universe ...no less divine than the Man from Nazareth or anyone else...and vice versa.
Jesus, Yeshu'a as I prefer to call Him, just had a rather intense chart and a most important and difficult 'Dharma' to achieve...

Some of us are born simple to sweep floors...others to sweep the world of sin.

ps Grant Levi's book, "Heaven Knows What" is a good study too. Old, a bit outdated, maybe, and was written in the 1930s, I believe it was, and bit difficult to work with because of His system of indexing everything by a number that the author assigned to an aspect, rather than just looking up the aspect by name. [as he was trying to make astrology more accessible to the layman] ...but the 144 descriptions and evaluations he gives for all possible Sun/Moon combinations I have found to be priceless.

Last edited:

piercethevale

One more thing, presently.
I see I neglected to mention [and, as this eves endeavors were to analyze the Solar flare of last July 19th which brought these to my attention again, I might have forgotten if not for working with them all this evening] is that you have what I call the "True YOD", the true "Finger of God", that is a quintile YOD.
The Mid Point of your Saturn/Mid Haven quintile is at 28* Sagittarius 59' [I'm using the Mid Haven here as it is such an important point in the natal chart and well supersedes that of Saturn...imho, of course...thus not a true "Mid Point", but one based on an ideal perfect quintile aligned with the M.C.] This is about the integration of the opposites. Your natal Mars is at 28* Gemini 26' and it's focus is on the opposite point. read the symbols for the two [The 29th degrees of Sagittarius and Gemini] and understand that the bi-quintiles of the M,C, to Mars and Saturn to Mars are there to assist this. Rudhyar gives an excellent explanation of the bi quintiles in that book I mentioned in the last post of mine, "Astrological Aspects. A Process Oriented Approach", that He co-authored with His wife at the time [His fourth and final wife.] Leyla Rael.

A perfectly symmetrical pentagram that includes ones Mid Haven is something extra special. I have some threads in this forum about the Sun/Venus conjunctions and Pentagrams...you should read them eventually. As your M.C. is in the 5th degree of Leo it will get to be part of the dance between the Sun and Venus in those twos' conjunctions. That is some many years away yet but if you live to be old enough you'll see it happen...I figure it will be in the 2050s or 2060s when the Sun and Venus conj on your M.C.

Last edited: