Indicators of Musical Talent in a Natal Chart

Arian Maverick

Robots, I recommend that you repost your chart without the aspects to the Ascendant and Midheaven; it would make it much easier to read.

.... and my 5th and 7th Haromonic charts were before your posts... and they weren't seen either

We've explored harmonic charts in other threads, but I don't think too many members on the forums specialize in these kinds of charts. Perhaps you may post your regular natal chart?

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

As I indicated in another thread, I have the unfortunate ability to justify pretty much anything in a natal chart. Nevertheless, Saturn's trine aspects to the various planets in your Libra stellium seem to indicate that you possess the potential to use creative energies in a constructive matter. On the same token, there's just enough stress in your chart, via the Venus-Neptune square, to produce the friction needed to produce the creative pearl.

Arian Maverick

07.Re

As I indicated in another thread, I have the unfortunate ability to justify pretty much anything in a natal chart. Nevertheless, Saturn's trine aspects to the various planets in your Libra stellium seem to indicate that you possess the potential to use creative energies in a constructive matter. On the same token, there's just enough stress in your chart, via the Venus-Neptune square, to produce the friction needed to produce the creative pearl.

Arian Maverick

Very interesting interpretation AM... I have considered writing music of late (but will need to put a couple of steps in place to do just that) and I think this will put all those energies to creative use.

Thanks again...:joyful:

dare

Wow, so interesting, having looked at all the charts posted comparing them to my own, its CRAZY, there is just something about cancer.. aqua and libra,

Im try freaked out to write anymore...

m8pisces

Please analyze my chart for me,see if I have music talent,i think I sing kinda good,not boasting
daisy14

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

Arian,

Your chart link did not work. Could you post again, please?

I created this thread many years ago, when music was a passionate interest of mine and an almost certain career path. While I still teach flute lessons, I have concentrated my energies elsewhere. Nevertheless, the talent never went away, so you may study my natal chart if you wish.

Thank you! :happy:

Arian Maverick

Kannon

I created this thread many years ago, when music was a passionate interest of mine and an almost certain career path. While I still teach flute lessons, I have concentrated my energies elsewhere. Nevertheless, the talent never went away, so you may study my natal chart if you wish.

Thank you! :happy:

Arian Maverick

Many years ago? You must have started on a course early and started studying astrology early since you were born only in '89! You're still young with plenty of time to change careers, which you almost certainly will do.

You are almost certainly Pisces rising instead of Aries. Otherwise the interception of signs in the 6th-12th would put you in some type of health or social/public service work in govt or hospitals or charity organizations.

As to musical talent, there is Sun-Mercury-Venus closely conjunct and both sextile Mars. Neptune sq Sun-Venus in Cardinal signs. That's enough.

You're beginning a process of change that will culminate in 2015-16. Major. How much do you want to know? You can't control this process. It will hit you hard, then when you least expect it.

Arian Maverick

Many years ago? You must have started on a course early and started studying astrology early since you were born only in '89! You're still young with plenty of time to change careers, which you almost certainly will do.

Well, as you have mentioned, I am fairly young--so, in my estimation, four years is a long time! I created this thread in early 2006, when I was still in high school. This seems like a lifetime ago.

You are almost certainly Pisces rising instead of Aries. Otherwise the interception of signs in the 6th-12th would put you in some type of health or social/public service work in govt or hospitals or charity organizations.

I don't wish to derail this thread much, but some difficulty arises here. As I've mentioned, I've changed concentrations since I created this thread, and right now, I'm leaning towards social/public service work in government or nonprofit organizations! I guess I may have an Aries Ascendant, after all.

As to musical talent, there is Sun-Mercury-Venus closely conjunct and both sextile Mars. Neptune sq Sun-Venus in Cardinal signs. That's enough.

I know a girl who was born only a day later who has this configuration--yet she has not displayed any indications of musical talents. Does the angular house position of these planets make a difference?

You're beginning a process of change that will culminate in 2015-16. Major. How much do you want to know? You can't control this process. It will hit you hard, then when you least expect it.

I'll contact you privately. Thanks for the free mini-reading! :cool:

Arian Maverick

Styx

For as long as I can remember music has had a profound effect on me. When I was about 3 years my mom used to sing this lullaby to me and I remember I used to cry because I thought the song was so sad.

I play the guitar and keyboard.

I think the musical talent comes from my:
Sun-Venus conjunction
Venus-Mercury conjunction
Venus trine Moon
Moon in second house
Nepunte trine Mercury and Moon
Mars in Gemini (good with hands)
Mercury in Taurus
Pluto in Scorpio rules my fifth house and is a Singleton in my chart

here's my chart

Attachments

• styx.gif
    styx.gif
    48.2 KB · Views: 35

Kannon

Well, as you have mentioned, I am fairly young--so, in my estimation, four years is a long time! I created this thread in early 2006, when I was still in high school. This seems like a lifetime ago.

I don't wish to derail this thread much, but some difficulty arises here. As I've mentioned, I've changed concentrations since I created this thread, and right now, I'm leaning towards social/public service work in government or nonprofit organizations! I guess I may have an Aries Ascendant, after all.

That many Aries planets in the 1st can indicate an urge to leadership, regardless of Rising sign or 6th-12th interception.

I know a girl who was born only a day later who has this configuration--yet she has not displayed any indications of musical talents. Does the angular house position of these planets make a difference?

Yes. And Rising sign. Pisces on Asc would change the overall tenor of the Aries focus to a less kinesthetic one, less athletically inclined, more inclined to things spiritual as part of one's personality. Neptune, Pisces... color, beauty, poetry, art. Mars, Aries... action, leadership, etc.

toofarwhere

Hi there! I'm not sure if I have proper indicators of musical talent in my chart but I've been playing the Violin for 9 years and I can also play the piano ( learnt it by ear).I was also known for having a good singing voice but I wasn't interested in taking it seriously although my parents have pushed me to take vocal training which I used to give up in 2 weeks or something [ Aries sun,Venus Aries ( h3),mercury pisces (h3),mars pisces(h3) and ofcourse Uranus in 1st which could explain why I hated guidance in any form from anyone..I prefer sailing my own boat ^^]
I write my own music but never played in public cause I hate criticism and I don't take my work seriously and I find my work very private
I have 3 planets in House 3 which could explain the violin piano and my voice ( I have a very girly high pitched voice).

We both have our Mars in Pisces, with the exception of yours being in the 3rd House and mine being in the 10th House.

"I don't take my work seriously and I find my work very private:" This can be attributed to your Piscean Mars. I don't take my work seriously, either. I'm almost always thinking it is not good enough, despite being told otherwise. And I don't like showing off my artistic drive. It's really difficult too, because I'd like to have a career in music (my Mars in the 10th House wants to show off its artistic skills in my career).

Last edited:
LOL here it is..
even though i'm pretty good in music i'm more interested in the performing arts ( acting) and fashion ( maybe my Libra MC speaking).Infact I give alot of attention to others dressing than mine.I dress up like **** but I find making others look better and styling others to be very therapautic

Dear Summer,

Having a Libra MC indicates you would have an interest in pursuing anything related to Venus. Venus has to do with art, music, beauty, pleasure, romance and so on. Having a Venus-ruled MC, however, does not necessarily indicate talent or success in music, but like you said, it can definitely get you moving in a Venusian direction! It just means you would be interested in pursuing a Venus-like career. That could mean talk-therapy, since Venus rules relationships, gardening, since Venus has to do with beautification. Like you said, this could also mean an interest in dress or fashion.

Music typically "belongs" to the water signs, as toofar pointed out with Mars in Pisces. Talent could stem from such placements. For you, your musical talents have a lot to do with three personal planets all in Pisces, all in the third house. The way you think adapts itself well to music. While Mars and Venus are not conjunct, they are both in the same sign and in the same house, so they express themselves in the same area of your life. When there are Mars and Venus contacts, especially positive ones, talent with hands is indicated. For you this may mean that if you are under stress, you may find yourself fiddling with your fingers in some way to release that stress. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if you hadn't already reached for a piano, guitar, or some other instrument involving significant use of your fingers. Again, these planets aren't conjunct, so this wouldn't be an outright move on your part, but if you haven't tried piano or something like that, I would give it a try. You could be quite skilled.

With Mercury conjunct Venus, with Mercury in its own house, and Venus exalted, you most certainly have a beautiful singing voice, or at least a lyrical quality to your voice. The trine to your Cancer Moon in the 7th, the house of Venus, indicates that you put a lot of real emotion comfortably into your manner of singing or speaking. People want to listen to you. What is fortunate for you is that having this talent is not a chore for you-- it is something you really enjoy. There are some people, like myself, who are quite talented musically, but feel obligated with it in some way, for you, this is not the case. You could potentially turn your musical capacity into a career. The issue for you is your Sun square Neptune/Uranus, and your Moon opposed Neptune/Uranus. You are easily attracted to, but also repelled by glamor and that which you believe to be your highest dreams and demands. The Uranus may have you eye-balling something extreme to do with your energies, and your Neptune may make you think it should be something glamorous, that you belong with the superstars. You may spend most of your time wishing you were someone famous for your talents, and never actually acting on it. You're touchy but also a bit out of touch with yourself, and maybe a bit "insincere" with your intentions. The Neptune qualities, plus the Cancer Moon and the Pisces planets, may render you to feel like a victim and to therefore remain inactive. This is only compounded by Mars in Pisces.

But, you're young! Things will change no doubt. They have to. You just need to be patient and let the world present you with some opportunities. I know you weren't asking about career, but I went ahead and talked about it... hope you don't mind!

mod.

haybelly

Very cool information. Just throwing this out there..... I was not musically talented when I was younger, BUT, later in life I picked up the piano, flute, guitar. Unfortunately my signing will only be sub par. I love playing music though, can entertain myself for hours.
I have a lot of pisces in my chart so I agree with that influence.

Pallas-trine-Mars

Oh boy, this is an incredibly contentious issue. Everyone's gonna have different opinions on what gets music in terms of astrology and usually give a disproportionate amount of credit to one thing or the other, usually Venus, one of her 3 signs (I'm including her exaltation Pisces and its ruler Neptune), but I really disagree with this.

IMO, I wouldn't give it to any one sign, planet or house, music is just too big and complex, every sign and planet has something to contribute to music, even sad Saturn can help you appreciate the blues! Saying one thing alone rules music is like saying the Moon rules emotions when every planet has some emotional nature like Venus is romantic, Mars angry...

I'd say the biggest musical planets are Jupiter, Venus, Mercury, the Moon and maybe the asteroid Pallas. Venus obviously because people tend to regard music as beautiful (not that rock and roll is probably her thing, we know who gets that ♂), Mercury because music is a form of communication, the Moon because music is ALWAYS emotional regardless of genre, Jupiter because music is inspiration and often grand, Pallas because music involves skills and placement. Performers probably belong to the Sun..

Last edited:

idanl09

Re: music and musicality

I have gemini rising, mercury in 9t house, NN in 5th house, scorpio.
Mars in leo in 3rd house, neptune in 8th house(lord of the tenth house), MC in pisces, sun conjunct MC.
Venus is conjucnt neptune.
What do u think?