Work to live or live to work!?

bakalhau69

Hello guys,
I´ve been having a problem for some significant time and that has to do with my purpose in life. There are people who live to have a structure like a home, family , lineage...others like to have their own company, empower theselves or just to make money to spend it on vacations and have relational experiences like intimate relationships , frienships expanding their knowledge.
There´s always something that drives people without them being aware.

I´ve been struggling with this particularly because i don´t think i was born just to die and not have an impact on life. That´s why there´s religion or spiritual path´s.

I´m not particularly looking in priority at most of the examples given above but i want to find my path , my meaning. There´s two things that drive me, my ego/being apreciated and passing other´s my life´s knowledge, perspective. I´ve had three jobs in my life, one was a backery , the second Cleaning Hospital´s Room with patients in in terminal phase and the third was to restock a store.

I didn´t last too much time in the backery or the restock store even tho i could do the job i felt no passion for it, i was unmotivated. Initially i wanted to save money to enter into an Art school but my parents could never support me financialy and i did not find a school/course that i thought was more appropriate for me. I´m older and i need to postpone college for later.

I liked my cleaning job as i felt i was helping people´s needs and i was being apreciated by my work drive but i felt after a year that i needed to have more impact i just don´t know how or what.

So what i want is to find my way in life, i do like to work but i can´t decide or figure what is my life´s purpose. I don´t want to experience useless jobs i want to have a goal. I need meaning and then later i can focus on creating my structures.
My mom was a person that worked to survive and i see that in alot of people, they are unhappy.
I want to take a different path.

I´m sorry that i takes so long , thank you for your attention.

Birthday details:

27/05/1993
Portugal
Lisbon
19:05

Attachments

• NatalChart.jpg
    NatalChart.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

waybread

Sorry, I couldn't get your chart to open. If you are posting from a phone, try a service like imgur.com . If from a computer, save your chart to it, then follow the prompts for attachments ("go advanced") at the bottom of your next post.

Also, can you say what is your level of education? If your dream job required a university degree, would you be willing to get one? What do you think you'd enjoy doing?

PRocker

Hey bro. I'm a Pisces

This is something that I even fought with for a LONG time. I pray everyday I make a difference in the world. My whole life I haven't been able to hold a job because I am an aspiring punk rock artist. I've done a lot in my life in the 23 years I've lived. I've experienced fame, sex, and status. I'm not famous but my goal is to get there so my music can influence more than the locals.

I'll tell you one thing. Following your passions is a curse. I have always done my own thing and chased my dreams from day one. The thing about following your purpose means you are going to experience a lot of pain, uncomfortable situations and confused people. It is scary to leave your bubble. People may hate on you, call you crazy etc.. but you have to believe in yourself. No one else can do it for you. I cry in my lonesome because I can't let the world see my pain. Even if you had everything you wanted you still would be thirsty for more. There is nothing on this physical plane that can make you "feel" happier. Famous, rich and admired people die young all the time, struggle with their image, overdose on drugs.. you name it. You decide if you live to work. You decide if you work to live. The next day is never promised to you in my book so I live everyday like it's my last. As I type this I am sleeping in an abandoned vehicle with no support from anyone. I chose to be a true musician and entertainer years ago. This has lead me down a path of where I've been blessed to have some amazing and surreal events in my life, but also some horribly dark ones. The key to living your life is to get out there and take it. Open your mind, fear nothing and man/woman the hell up. No one will give it to you unless you come from the upper class. Believe in yourself and you will find yourself.

bakalhau69

I have completed High school Education in Graphic Design.
I didn´t care for most of my educational years because because my home environment was unstable, i skipped classes alot or i daydreamt in the middle of it. I lost 3 years because of this.
I quit one year due to depression but came back one year later and i focused that year and it went well. One day a guy came to give us a lecture that had completed school there and he showed us his college thesis and it was a short film.

I enjoyed it but not only because it was a film but because it had an impact on people.
I´ve always liked arts, like to draw , being creatively spontaneous . I´m very philosophical and i tend to mix my creativity with it.

I´ve tried to save for college , but i had a hard time saving the money because my home situation is financially bad. When i was working there was always a big need of my money to shorten debts or we could get Evicted. Even if this wasn´t the case i just didn´t know what area of arts i could follow , because it´s a big area or college is really expensive or my final average wasn´t that good to enter public universities because of my instability in earlier years.

I like being useful and being appreciated and i have an hard time figuring this out.
I need to do a job that can make me happy so i can get out of home and later i can think again about college.

Attachments

• NatalChart.jpg
    NatalChart.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: