Astrology in relation to Musical tonality

I am not an astrologer, my interest in this subject comes from the musical side of this topic. I am a musician, composer and sound engineer, but my astrological knowledge is rather limited.

My girlfriend is very much into astrology, but her knowledge about music is limited. She loves to listen and dance to it, but when it comes to music theory it all sounds like chinese to her. ;)

Anyway ... a year or so ago I started collecting some info about this subject, because it is an intriguing one.

Since I am a hobby-blogger as well, I decided some time ago to put this info in an article and I have been updating the article every since, when ever I come across something new.

Now ... as I mentioned, I am not much of an astrologer ... So, perhaps some of you astrologers in here might have interesting suggestions, or know some stuff that is beneficial to the development of this article. I am here to learn, so to say. :)

Perhaps some of you could take a look? Thanks!

http://www.roelhollander.eu/en/blog-music/zodiac-signs-and-tonality/

Hi Chrismastr ...

This is indeed less common. Most Tone-Zodiacs use - as you mentioned - the Chromatic Circle or the Circle of Fifths.

It's kind of like "mapping" two Whole-Tone (also know as Hexatonic) scales on the Zodiac Circle. What you see on that Tone-Zodiac is that every next sector goes a whole tone (2 semitones) up, except between Scorpio and Sagittarius, between E and F is only 1 semitone distance (blue sector), and between Taurus (Eb) and Saggitarius (F#), a sector that covers 3 semitones (Green sector). This also means that the circle is mathematically drawn incorrect. The sector of Scorpio (E) should be half the width of the other sectors and Taurus would be half a sector wider then it is now.

The Tone Zodiac shared by you is actually a reproduction of a the Tone-Zodiac by Max Heindel.

If you want to draw this circle correctly based on the spacing in between the tones as listed on this Tone-Zodiac, you would actually get this:

Max-Heindel-ToneZodiac-fix.jpg

I myself would rather use the Circle of Fifths starting with C at Aries (G at Taurus, et cetera).

Hi there!!

Quite interesting topic...

I need some help and guidance from the team ...

Please, can anyone explain the relationship between Music Chords and Zodiac Signs of this Wheel : http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=54051&d=1433933039

its not the circle of 5ths neither the Chromatic Circle ... but what is it ??:sad:

THANKS A LOT
Peace profound
Chris

Last edited:
Alright ... so, I have made two articles now:

"The Astrological (Tropical) Zodiac & Music" - about "Tone Zodiacs", the history of it's use as well and my own interpretation and implementation:
http://www.roelsworld.eu/en/blog-music/zodiac-signs-and-tonality/

"Astro-Music Composition" - about creating a "tone-collection" from a (birth) horoscope chart, to make scales and chords with, to use for musical composition:
http://www.roelsworld.eu/en/blog-music/astrology-music-composition/

I hope they are of assistance to those who like to create music based on Astrology. :)

Roel

Last edited:

piercethevale

Since everybody seems to like diagrams and as very few seem to be picking up what I've been trying to illustrate in their minds...here's the concept all drawn out for those of you that could benefit from not having to imagine it.

It begins at the note B at what would be 00* Aquarius 00' 00.01" and counting by sevenths counter clockwise or fifths clockwise you connect to the appropriate degree and this is based on a semi septile matrix of every 25* 42' 51.42" degrees (and these are irrational number (meaning the numbers top the right of the decimal go on forever) so there's a little added extra to each of the 14 points to consider needing to be added on as to the figures given for that point.

We skip the non existent B# and E# and what we get is a star with five tines to one side and seven tines to the other side and those in a group of five are those exact five constellations that lay in the skies primarily South of our equator and the seven the other seven constellations that all lie mostly to the North of the equator. ...and the five are also all the black keys on the piano and the seven are all the white keys.

AQUARIUS, (THE NOTE OF "B" WHICH IS THE NOTE THAT RESONATES WITH THE AJNA CHAKRA AND IS ALSO THE SOUND OF OM AND WHERE THE FORCE OF GOD ENTERS FROM ACCORDING TO A PASSAGE IN THE BIBLE AS TRANSLATED BY A KABBALIST BEING BETWEEN CAPRICORN AND AQUARIUS ) IS THE ONLY NEGATIVE POLARITY ASTROLOGICAL SIGN THAT IS GROUPED WITH THE SIX POSITIVE POLARITY SIGNS.

I GIVE THE EXACT LOCATION OF THE 14 POINTS IN A POST ABOVE.