Patterns involving MC (grand trine/ mystic rectangle)?

Hello everyone!

I have a question with regard to 2 astrological patterns I have seen in my chart: a (possible) grand trine and a mystic rectangle.

The grand trine involves MC in Leo, venus in Aries (5th/6th) and uranus in Sagittarius (in 2nd).
The mystic rectangle involves again MC and Uranus, mars conjunct Chiron in Gemini (in 8th) and Jupiter in Aquarius (in 4th).

I've tried to find some info on these patterns involving the MC. Some say that the MC does not count when interpreting patterns, other say it definitely is important, because the MC is an angle of the natal chart. :confused:

Can anyone help me with both the explanation and interpretation of these patterns? If I do have these patterns, what would the influence of it be throughout my life and could I use it in a positive way?
I'm very interested in discovering more about this, since I'm having some difficulties with regard to MC related areas of life (especially with regard to finishing the phase I'm in at this moment).
Thanks so much if you're willing to take a look at it! :biggrin:

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Could someone please help me with the questions above?
I am trying to interpret these patterns so that I can get out my current unpleasant situation (regarding MC related areas).
I am also wondering how to connect the influence of the current transit of Uranus conjunct my natal Venus, as Venus and Uranus are already in connection with my MC.

Any kind of interpretation (signs, houses, etc.) will be so helpful and very much appreciated! :)

Last edited:

miquar

Hi. I definitely wouldn't see the MC, Venus and Uranus as being in a grand trine. Angles don't really count in such configurations, and the trines involving Uranus are very wide. There is a close Venus MC trine, and I would say that's about it. There aren't even any midpoint contacts involving these three fators to pull them together.

I wouldn't consider the mystic rectangle either - again because the MC Uranus trine is wide, and because angles can't be part of these configurations.

I'm not sure that you're looking to the right part of your chart to get clarity about your being unable to get out of your unpleasant situation. I don't know what your situation is, but I'll offer a few thoughts that you may want to reflect on.

Firstly, people with Pluto rising have a complex relationship with endings. There can be a fear of change at times (and this may be exacerbated by Sun and Moon in earth signs) and at other times there can be a strong urge to completely break away from the past and start anew. This latter urge may be exacerbated by Mars in Gemini sextile Venus in Aries, with Mercury also in Aries and thus in mutual reception with Mars. Mercury and Venus are in the 6th house or work, while Mars conjunct Chiron in the 8th tends to feel that one's will is thwarted by forces and situations which are beyond one's control - as does Pluto rising.

The Taurus Sun forms a configuration with Jupiter and Uranus, and this will bring much restlessness. Jupiter is angular, with Jupiter and Uranus in mutual reception. The Sun is made more earthy by its opposition to Saturn, and the Sun may be important to vocational matters because Leo is on the MC, suggesting that you might feel disheartened very easily if you find yourself on a vocational path which does not make you feel special and alive.

The earth emphasis in the chart, combined with the restlessness and tendency to feel frustrated and disempowered could work out in different ways. You might have an urge to keep changing your life in ways which improve your material situation. You might feel an inner tension between keeping things as they are and changing things. You might project either the need to change onto others - thus feeling that they will threaten you order - or you might project your need for stability onto others - thus feeling that they are holding you back unnecessarily. Any or all of these could be the case at different times.

As I said, I don't know how relevant these points are to your actual situation - they're just the things that jump out when I look at your chart.