5 Planets in Domicile/Exaltation, Sirius on DC, Spica/Arcturus on MC, Vega on AC

Newbie here.

For the past year, I wanted to learn more in depth about astrology. I figured it would be good to start with myself as I know myself better than anyone and it would be easier to translate what my chart says about me. I have discovered astro.com and started picking on my natal chart. However, I am overwhelmed by information. I have read about possible meanings on the net about my placements and they all seem so good. Too good actually. Makes me cynical about it. Can anyone help me interpret these?

A. I was wondering what it meant to have 5 planets in domicile/exaltation.

Moon in Taurus
Venus in Libra
Mars in Capricorn
Jupiter in Pisces
Pluto in Scorpio

My sun is on the Leo/Virgo Cusp too so I don't know if we should consider that to be another planet in domicile? What does it mean to have 5 planets in domicile/exaltation?

B. I have learned that have a kite and apparently, that was a special pattern. I have a grand trine in earth with Neptune (Capricorn), Sun (Virgo) and Moon (Taurus) opposite Pluto (Scorpio). How does this particular pattern manifest itself?

C. I also noticed that I have a yod with Jupiter (Pisces) quincunx Mercury (Leo) and Venus/Spica (Libra), with the last two in sextile. What does this exactly mean? I read that whatever it is that the yod is pointing to should be your focus. Does it mean that this yod is telling me to be more socially oriented?

D. I looked into fixed stars and it seems that Arcturus and Spica are in conjunction with my MC; Vega is conjunct my AC; Sirius is conjunct my DC and Regulus in conjunct my Sun. What do these placements mean? From what I've read, it sounds like such a big deal. Is it really?

I ask because these placements seem to insinuate that I am or will be significant person. However, when you look at my life now, it doesn't seem to be leading towards that fate. I am 27 and my career is not that stable yet. I have changed my mind from wanting to become a lawyer to pursuing a culinary career instead which I will hopefully use to jumpstart my own food business. My dad ran for congress at some point and he is a big shot lawyer himself but I personally have no desire to be a politician/high government official as some of these asteroids seem to be pointing at. That's why I decided to change careers. Being a lawyer is much to close to politics.

E. I am worrying because I am nearing my Saturn return and it seems like I have not made much use of my placements. Although I can attest that to this point, I have braved through life's hurdles pretty optimistically, steadily and successfully.

I am expecting a child in a few weeks. But I am not wed yet. I am putting it off til my boyfriend and I feel it's right time for the both of us. Our child was unplanned. What's funny is that at the time period for my estimated due date, Progressed asteroid Child will be conjunct my natal asteroid Child. Also, in my SR chart for 2013/2014, my SR Child is conjunct my natal Vertex.

F. Next year will be my saturn return, if my natal Juno is tightly conjunct my Saturn, could it possibly mean that I will get married at that time too? Or does it mean that my marriage will be denied/delayed further?

Sorry for the loooooong post. I just have too many things on my mind that I want to ask people who are more knowledgeable that I am.

Thank you for reading! :)

Attachments

• FNC.gif
    FNC.gif
    58 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Newbie here.

For the past year, I wanted to learn more in depth about astrology. I figured it would be good to start with myself as I know myself better than anyone and it would be easier to translate what my chart says about me. I have discovered astro.com and started picking on my natal chart. However, I am overwhelmed by information. I have read about possible meanings on the net about my placements and they all seem so good. Too good actually. Makes me cynical about it. Can anyone help me interpret these?

A. I was wondering what it meant to have 5 planets in domicile/exaltation.

Moon in Taurus
Venus in Libra
Mars in Capricorn
Jupiter in Pisces
Pluto in Scorpio

My sun is on the Leo/Virgo Cusp too so I don't know if we should consider that to be another planet in domicile? What does it mean to have 5 planets in domicile/exaltation?
UNDERSTANDING PLANETARY DIGNITY AND DEBILITY http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig3.html

dignities2.gif

'….In symbolic application, a planet is in its strongest position when it is in its own home.
In war and sport it's easy to see how the advantage goes to those who operate in their own territory and familiar ground.
Lilly noted that in judgement, a planet or significator is in its own sign:

…represents a man in such a condition, as that he is Lord of his own house, estate and fortune;
or a man wanting very little of the Goods of this world,
or it tells you the man is in a very happy state or condition....'

'….After its own sign,
the next best place for a planet to be is in its sign of exaltation.
In symbolic terms this is comparable to being an honoured guest in someone else's home.
There is not the same level of freedom or strength as when a planet is in its own sign
but it shows a dignified position, often indicating a person of respect or rank.

The 12th century Hebrew astrologer, Ibn Ezra, said
that a planet in its own exaltation
"Is like a man in the pinnacle of his rank",
while Lilly less flatteringly notes that it:
"Presents a person of haughty condition, arrogant, assuming more unto him then his due".....'

HOWEVER

keep in mind that
even when in domicile or exaltation
if a planet is in square or opposition with a malefic
or in a cadent house
or in a pitted degree for example - and there are other debilities
then that planet is impeded
from conducting its business

B. I have learned that have a kite and apparently, that was a special pattern. I have a grand trine in earth with Neptune (Capricorn), Sun (Virgo) and Moon (Taurus) opposite Pluto (Scorpio). How does this particular pattern manifest itself?

C. I also noticed that I have a yod with Jupiter (Pisces) quincunx Mercury (Leo) and Venus/Spica (Libra), with the last two in sextile. What does this exactly mean? I read that whatever it is that the yod is pointing to should be your focus. Does it mean that this yod is telling me to be more socially oriented?

D. I looked into fixed stars and it seems that Arcturus and Spica are in conjunction with my MC;
Vega is conjunct my AC;
Sirius is conjunct my DC and Regulus in conjunct my Sun.
What do these placements mean? From what I've read, it sounds like such a big deal. Is it really?

I ask because these placements seem to insinuate that I am or will be significant person.
However, when you look at my life now, it doesn't seem to be leading towards that fate
The Angles of any natal chart shift to the next degree every four minutes :smile:
so fixed stars conjunctions to ASC/DESC/MC/IC
are entirely dependent on an accurate official time of birth
. Since the medical team are not seated at their computers
ready to input an entirely accurate natal chart instantaneously on delivery of the newborn
but are instead entirely focused on the health and safety of mother and newborn
then official times of birth are necessarily noted AFTER the event.
Keep in mind also that due to human error
clocks are frequently fast or slow
so it is not unusual for any natal chart to be early or late by fifteen minutes
and more in some cases
That's why astrologers use rectification methods
discussion Rectification Tips - Verifying Ascendant/Descendant/MC/IC angles
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626

article THE FIXED STARS IN NATAL ASTROLOGY http://www.constellationsofwords.com/categories/natalrobson.htm

'…..Natal promise is an important consideration
because the effect of a star upon a planet
depends upon strength or weakness of that planet in the horoscope
So in a map showing great ability and high position,
success attained by the aid of a star will be more lasting
than if this is not indicated.
Furthermore,
in all cases fixed stars do not contradict planetary indications.
No one becomes a murderer, thief or forger merely due to effect of a star alone,
UNLESS the general nature of the map is suitably in harmony with such indications.
Chief function of the stars is to emphasize qualities rather than to bestow them...'

.....I am 27 and my career is not that stable yet. I have changed my mind from wanting to become a lawyer to pursuing a culinary career instead which I will hopefully use to jumpstart my own food business. My dad ran for congress at some point and he is a big shot lawyer himself but I personally have no desire to be a politician/high government official as some of these asteroids seem to be pointing at. That's why I decided to change careers. Being a lawyer is much to close to politics.

E. I am worrying because I am nearing my Saturn return and it seems like I have not made much use of my placements. Although I can attest that to this point, I have braved through life's hurdles pretty optimistically, steadily and successfully.

I am expecting a child in a few weeks. But I am not wed yet. I am putting it off til my boyfriend and I feel it's right time for the both of us. Our child was unplanned. What's funny is that at the time period for my estimated due date, Progressed asteroid Child will be conjunct my natal asteroid Child. Also, in my SR chart for 2013/2014, my SR Child is conjunct my natal Vertex.

F. Next year will be my saturn return, if my natal Juno is tightly conjunct my Saturn, could it possibly mean that I will get married at that time too? Or does it mean that my marriage will be denied/delayed further?

Sorry for the loooooong post. I just have too many things on my mind that I want to ask people who are more knowledgeable that I am.

Thank you for reading! :)

Krewster

Re: Do special placements/patterns/stars on the natal chart promise greatness?

A loose orbs setting can allow display of all sorts of special-looking configs that may not play a big role in your life (if you believe aspect tightness = strength of influence).

So how about first focusing on your aspects still displayed at the tightest orb setting and, after finding relevance, then moving outward to the setting beyond which relevance appears dissipated in your own estimation.

Along these lines, as a first focus, there would be no Kite or Yod, though your Merc-Ven-Uran minor trine survives (as the only major-aspect config), along with the other readily observable stray major aspects.

After finding relevance in each of them, you could then choose between widening major aspect orbs or, instead first, allowing for display of minor aspects and configs, such as:

-the 1 min tight Merc bi-septile Sat possibly indicating some type of mental conservatism (which may support lawyering along with your Merc's many other good aspects);

-the 11 min Sun-Jup aspect (in the semi-semi-decile family), indicating prossible social prominence;

and others...

Last edited: