War - do we need it?

Lykanized

This is something I've been thinking about and contemplating a lot, discussing with a friend of mine. I've been thinking about war as well as symbolic war, every kind of destruction

One fact I've known for a long time is that without darkness, we don't know light, without death, life is meaningless, if we were constantly happy and in a state of peace or bliss, we'd have absolutely no reason to think about the nature of ourselves and of reality and to contemplate the truths, understand, know ourselves, transform

Destruction is the catalyst to evolution. Stagnation is ultimate death

However, there is a lot more to the picture. I question myself what a theoretical 'peaceful society' would be like. Would there be no chaos? Or would we simply know how to handle the chaos in productive/creative manners? Is there another way?

What I do believe is that we have a lot of fragmentation within our world that is pure illusion. We don't operate as one and if we were able to truly empathize and realize we're all basically the same, things would be a lot different. There are many divisions between us all that are just unnecessary. We all as humans have the same basic needs yet at the complex level are intricately different. Yet there's still some running thread that connects everyone. We all experience death and our life is ruled by the knowledge that we will one day die and that death is impending. In a lot of ways, life is about how we respond to that fear or that truth

Some of us respond to it by disassociating from the concept, some of us obsess over it, some of us attempt to achieve power over it either by causing death of others or by trying to transcend it. Some of us become anxious and hide. Some of us use that truth to drive us to the most meaningful and pure living possible

So death is inescapable for us, but how we choose to let it play with us governs its true nature beyond the fact it's an end to our current life

I guess to explore the topic we have to understand what causes war. Ultimately it goes down to power and money. It's not about truth, it's not about understanding, it's not about unity, it's not about living, it's not even about death, it's just about power. But power is baseless. What's the point of having power? Does it bring true satisfaction? Power is just a safety blanket for people who are too afraid to face themselves or the truth of their universe

If people were to theoretically transcend, we'd still have chaos, we'd still have disagreement, we'd still have evolution, but maybe we'd be a little more aware of what's truly driving us and what we really need. Power is a filler for things that we truly need on a spiritual, emotional level. Some people are just not aware of that

The world we live in is supposedly advanced, but if you pick it apart, we're still running on all the same primitive **** we were hundreds of thousands of years ago. We just have more means to chase our primitive desires such as power plus we are very humancentric and believe that all of nature and all of what exists is for us, so foolish to believe we're the chosen ones

Abby83

I'm including war-profiteers as psychopaths. They manipulate entire populations into thinking their survival requires war, then sit back out of harm's way and watch the money roll in while bombs and missiles kill civilians, and young people are sent out to kill each other. It's a form of mass hypnosis. It's not just about greed, there's a strong element of malevolent insanity involved.

Thank you. Bless your heart. You said it better than I ever could. I still need to educate myself on how they profit through war. The interesting thing is these psycho's will never be happy so they bring the world down with their misery.

Abby83

This is something I've been thinking about and contemplating a lot, discussing with a friend of mine. I've been thinking about war as well as symbolic war, every kind of destruction

One fact I've known for a long time is that without darkness, we don't know light, without death, life is meaningless, if we were constantly happy and in a state of peace or bliss, we'd have absolutely no reason to think about the nature of ourselves and of reality and to contemplate the truths, understand, know ourselves, transform

Destruction is the catalyst to evolution. Stagnation is ultimate death

However, there is a lot more to the picture. I question myself what a theoretical 'peaceful society' would be like. Would there be no chaos? Or would we simply know how to handle the chaos in productive/creative manners? Is there another way?

What I do believe is that we have a lot of fragmentation within our world that is pure illusion. We don't operate as one and if we were able to truly empathize and realize we're all basically the same, things would be a lot different. There are many divisions between us all that are just unnecessary. We all as humans have the same basic needs yet at the complex level are intricately different. Yet there's still some running thread that connects everyone. We all experience death and our life is ruled by the knowledge that we will one day die and that death is impending. In a lot of ways, life is about how we respond to that fear or that truth

Some of us respond to it by disassociating from the concept, some of us obsess over it, some of us attempt to achieve power over it either by causing death of others or by trying to transcend it. Some of us become anxious and hide. Some of us use that truth to drive us to the most meaningful and pure living possible

So death is inescapable for us, but how we choose to let it play with us governs its true nature beyond the fact it's an end to our current life

I guess to explore the topic we have to understand what causes war. Ultimately it goes down to power and money. It's not about truth, it's not about understanding, it's not about unity, it's not about living, it's not even about death, it's just about power. But power is baseless. What's the point of having power? Does it bring true satisfaction? Power is just a safety blanket for people who are too afraid to face themselves or the truth of their universe

If people were to theoretically transcend, we'd still have chaos, we'd still have disagreement, we'd still have evolution, but maybe we'd be a little more aware of what's truly driving us and what we really need. Power is a filler for things that we truly need on a spiritual, emotional level. Some people are just not aware of that

The world we live in is supposedly advanced, but if you pick it apart, we're still running on all the same primitive **** we were hundreds of thousands of years ago. We just have more means to chase our primitive desires such as power plus we are very humancentric and believe that all of nature and all of what exists is for us, so foolish to believe we're the chosen ones

I'm very impressed by your response. You made some fantastic points which made me think a fair bit. And I 100% agree that power, being related to Scorpio, is really an emotional aspect of oneself.

I've noticed ppl who have heavily afflicted Pluto in their charts tend to want to seek revenge on the world. So I think Pluto is to blame for this. Eg: I have harmonious Pluto aspects and for most of my life I've attracted positively deep connections. But with this transiting Pluto square Uranus affecting my Libra planets I've suffered greatly in the presence of the in laws. All three of the ppl who are most abusive to me for no reason have lots of hard Pluto aspects. These ppl hated me from first glance. They behaved like every little thing was a war. They didn't give a sh*it about anyone at all. They're obsessing with control, power, and rulership. But they just don't get why they're not happy and why they can't win me with their abuse by making me cave to their feet. They never will understand. So I see Pluto as a huge contributor to the ingrained desire for war as if their childhood tensions need an outlet once they're older.

Lykanized

I'm very impressed by your response. You made some fantastic points which made me think a fair bit. And I 100% agree that power, being related to Scorpio, is really an emotional aspect of oneself.

I've noticed ppl who have heavily afflicted Pluto in their charts tend to want to seek revenge on the world. So I think Pluto is to blame for this. Eg: I have harmonious Pluto aspects and for most of my life I've attracted positively deep connections. But with this transiting Pluto square Uranus affecting my Libra planets I've suffered greatly in the presence of the in laws. All three of the ppl who are most abusive to me for no reason have lots of hard Pluto aspects. These ppl hated me from first glance. They behaved like every little thing was a war. They didn't give a sh*it about anyone at all. They're obsessing with control, power, and rulership. But they just don't get why they're not happy and why they can't win me with their abuse by making me cave to their feet. They never will understand. So I see Pluto as a huge contributor to the ingrained desire for war as if their childhood tensions need an outlet once they're older.

I can't thank this on mobile, but I would!

I've been making a lot of self observations based on my chart, looking at my experiences in retrospect and connecting some dots. Recently I realized I have a yod, Scorpio Pluto(3rd house) sextiling Capricorn Uranus/Neptune(5th), both quincuncxing Gemini Venus(MC). Pluto aspects all my planets, tho most pf the aspects are easy ones. However bc of the yod, I've easily felt rejected by all of society, like an outsider or some alien species. Eventually it got to a point where instead of feeling inferior, I compensated with false feelings of superiority

I've always been a creative spirit and I've gravitated mostly to writing and to music as deep inspiration. I want to help people, transform society for the better, help people use their death and darkness. But during that dark period in which I felt deeply rejected, probably bc of the Venus apex MC, my aims weren't to help people. All I wanted was to change things, show people the darkness I felt and make them know the darkness is real like I felt bitter that in my simplemindednesd, everyone else was happy while I wasn't because they couldn't see the truth I saw. I wanted to use writing as a tool to simply shake people up and even bewilder them, show off the fake depth of my mind to let them know how valuable I really was because I was better than them. Probably a joint force of that Pluto 3rd house and the Uranus-Neptune 5th house compensating for my feeling unworthy of real love and connection to others. So I'd find my satisfaction through disconnecting myself even more. I had a lot of hatred and bitterness in me. I looked at everyone as intrinsically lesser than I was bc I wasn't facing the truth

I'm the complete opposite now. I think all of that is ridden with unhealthy Plutonic influence and I had to gain a lot of self awareness to realize my true drives and that what I really want is connection and to help people by showing them that the darkness is real, but it isn't an end or a fate. Around that time I was also obsessed with death unhealthily, but I had to realize it was really a search for light and life I want to share

Anyway, I really think I could've gone down a corrupt path had I not realized that behind it all I needed to find self love so I could find my own source of worth and meaning and know I was worthy of connection with others

Abby83

I can't thank this on mobile, but I would!

I've been making a lot of self observations based on my chart, looking at my experiences in retrospect and connecting some dots. Recently I realized I have a yod, Scorpio Pluto(3rd house) sextiling Capricorn Uranus/Neptune(5th), both quincuncxing Gemini Venus(MC). Pluto aspects all my planets, tho most pf the aspects are easy ones. However bc of the yod, I've easily felt rejected by all of society, like an outsider or some alien species. Eventually it got to a point where instead of feeling inferior, I compensated with false feelings of superiority

I've always been a creative spirit and I've gravitated mostly to writing and to music as deep inspiration. I want to help people, transform society for the better, help people use their death and darkness. But during that dark period in which I felt deeply rejected, probably bc of the Venus apex MC, my aims weren't to help people. All I wanted was to change things, show people the darkness I felt and make them know the darkness is real like I felt bitter that in my simplemindednesd, everyone else was happy while I wasn't because they couldn't see the truth I saw. I wanted to use writing as a tool to simply shake people up and even bewilder them, show off the fake depth of my mind to let them know how valuable I really was because I was better than them. Probably a joint force of that Pluto 3rd house and the Uranus-Neptune 5th house compensating for my feeling unworthy of real love and connection to others. So I'd find my satisfaction through disconnecting myself even more. I had a lot of hatred and bitterness in me. I looked at everyone as intrinsically lesser than I was bc I wasn't facing the truth

I'm the complete opposite now. I think all of that is ridden with unhealthy Plutonic influence and I had to gain a lot of self awareness to realize my true drives and that what I really want is connection and to help people by showing them that the darkness is real, but it isn't an end or a fate. Around that time I was also obsessed with death unhealthily, but I had to realize it was really a search for light and life I want to share

Anyway, I really think I could've gone down a corrupt path had I not realized that behind it all I needed to find self love so I could find my own source of worth and meaning and know I was worthy of connection with others

Hey its nice to see you chose the path of discovering self love and self worth. I've had to learn that over many years too. There's a lot of tests to help understand what self love is. Congrats on overcoming the darkness and heading into the light. I'm sure it's an inspiration to many.

Abby83

David starling - it would be good if there was a cure for psychopaths, but since psychopaths run the world, and they never believe there's anything wrong with them, I doubt any cure will be released.

Ukpoohbear

Once again I really relate to what you wrote here although I admit I am still in the darkness area but it is true what you say that sometimes act superioring is actually insecurity. I don’t like when I do this and I don't mean to and it can cut me off from people. It comes from feeling rejected, like you said. I want to show them the darkness like I know the truth lol

Perfect shadow work.

:crying:

Last edited:

Ru33erDucky

Banned
I have a question about war. Is it really necessary? Like I once talked about this with an Aquarian man who said we need it, but I can't remember why. Something about breaking the old and starting new.
But I think of it in everyday life. The ppl in the world who are just like most psychopathic rulers/leaders. They will always exist. Stalin, Hitler, ceasar, my mother in law lol. The types of ppl who love to start fights. They need to create battles and set it up unfairly to win before the opponent even knows there's a battle, just so they can create this feeling of conquering others. Taking a sadistic pleasure in watching ppl die or suffer. An excessive need to be adored and right every second of the day.
IMO, it doesn't have any benefit to humanity. All I see is ppl dying or walking away from these war lovers. Children left homeless or unloved.
As a typical libran, I see benefits in looking after our resources, to nurture earth and humanity, for growth, for love, for creation. So I see a lot of development with these qualities.

So again, I ask, why do we need war and destruction of souls in this world?

Sun goes up, sun goes down; life itself is a constantly renewal, growth, and evolution.

War is inevitable as there will always be evil, bad people. Evil people will do evil things. Good people are needed to counter these evil people. Eventually, war is the only option.

There was a quote I read, but I can't remember the exact words. It's references concepts built in psychology and sociology. If there is someone out there determined to ruin your life in some fashion, they will. They won't stop until they have caused you pain and destruction. Sometimes, the inevitable response to such monstrosities is war.

Great things have come from war. Our modern medical system is one of them. Great technologies gave birth to all your luxuries today. You'd still have a single doctor coming door to door if it wasn't for the Great Wars. It's a rather depression reality; but it's a fact of life. Good will always triumph over, but that does not negate war.

Abby83

Another point -
Killing someone doesn't make you powerful. Its just an escape from resolving your problems and accepting others. Escapism is not power.

david starling

To answer all your statements - if you don't engage in any way , there is no battle and the war lover has no war.

On the topic of slavery, well then I guess we have a choice. Do we prefer to die, be a slave, or risk finding happy ways to live in that environment. I'd choose death. That takes away their power.

That's how Christianity took over Rome!

Abby83

That's how Christianity took over Rome!

Thank you. I think you understand where I'm coming from with the death talk.

Let's imagine a psychopath threatening to kill ppl if he doesn't get his way. If one person refuses to conform and chooses death, the psychopath would be infuriated, kill the person, and move on to the next person. If the psychopath finds himself in a situation where everyone chose death over obeying the psychopath, the psychopath would absolutely lose his s*it and kill himself. A psychopath cannot function in anyway without having someone to control. All he needs is someone like appleo who thinks he's better off obeying. Haha. Hey, at the end of the German war, those German officers were hanged for their actions. So you'll still suffer consequences. In the end, lots of ppl die whichever way you choose to go but MORE ppl die when ppl obey a psychopath.

Having said that, god help leaders of countries who have to deal with psychopath leaders of other countries. It's not like there's a shield to protect it's ppl from the bombings. And psychopaths don't negotiate.

Last edited:

david starling

If I'm right about the Collective shift in Consciousness that I'm expecting from the gradually increasing Aquarian Age effect, psychopaths will become more and more isolated and less and less powerful.

Oddity

I think you're forgetting those psychopathic leaders for whom death is the answer. Jonestown, for example.

Thank you. I think you understand where I'm coming from with the death talk.

Let's imagine a psychopath threatening to kill ppl if he doesn't get his way. If one person refuses to conform and chooses death, the psychopath would be infuriated, kill the person, and move on to the next person. If the psychopath finds himself in a situation where everyone chose death over obeying the psychopath, the psychopath would absolutely lose his s*it and kill himself. A psychopath cannot function in anyway without having someone to control. All he needs is someone like appleo who thinks he's better off obeying. Haha. Hey, at the end of the German war, those German officers were hanged for their actions. So you'll still suffer consequences. In the end, lots of ppl die whichever way you choose to go but MORE ppl die when ppl obey a psychopath.

Having said that, god help leaders of countries who have to deal with psychopath leaders of other countries. It's not like there's a shield to protect it's ppl from the bombings. And psychopaths don't negotiate.

Abby83

If I'm right about the Collective shift in Consciousness that I'm expecting from the gradually increasing Aquarian Age effect, psychopaths will become more and more isolated and less and less powerful.

This definitely led me to my next thought.
Aquarians always managed to work along psychopaths. I think they're the only sign I've seen that can communicate that well that they get out of all the hard jobs and are used as a personal advisor. Yet if you ask an Aquarian how they did it, they'll never tell you their secret.

We live in a time now where some leaders are brilliant at dealing with psychopath rulers. How do they do it? I'm pretty sure everyone wishes they knew the answer cos we need it to deal with a psychopath in our own life. But those skills will always be kept secret and that's why some of those ppl are at the top.

david starling

Abby, as the Earth goes, we ALL go. These are Earth's Ages, and we are of the Earth. They're about the way the Earth as a planet is "acting upon us". We each respond in our own way, but in the final analysis, we're ALL becoming Aquarian. Sun in Aquarius doesn't rule out psychopathology, although it might lessen it. But the Aquarian Age-influence will make it completely ineffectual in terms of gaining power and authority. That's my sense of the transformation that's slowly occurring. Like the Dylan line, "Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command", from "The Times They Are A-Changing".
Why do you think they had to eliminate the Draft? I remember a saying from I think the early 1970s--"What if they held a war, and nobody showed up?"

david starling

I'm not the only one who envisions the Age of Aquarius as a "functional anarchy". Which is the exact reverse of a prevalent view that it will be a lock-step, mind-controlled dictatorship.