How Has Astrology Improved Your Life?

Blacknight

For several weeks I've been reading about different aspects related to my natal chart, when I have the time, and it's interesting how the descriptions can be spot on in regards to my character.

And it's true, the natal doesn't lie.

I've been reading to see what I potentially need to work on and what habits I need to let go. I find astrology very interesting from the psychological level. I also wouldn't be surprised if astrology re-emerged in higher learning to help with conditions relating to psychiatry or just given more credit as a legitimate science worth studying in the next 100 years. Time will tell...

Anyway, I suppose this is a question meant for people who have been studying astrology for a longer time, but how has learning astrology & working with it helped improve your life?

The_Saturnian

It has helped me to come to terms with the impossible. It has helped me to learn to accept the unacceptable. My dad has conducted Vedic readings and palm readings for people in the past, but I never to too much interest in these sciences until I fell ill and was compelled to move abroad, against my desire.

Searching for an answer as to whether I'll get my life back on track or not led me to delve into astrology and understand the who, what, when, where and why. Astrology has made a somewhat more mature, and has broaden my wavelength of thinking. It has given me focus and at times I feel as though it has given me a long term purpose in life - to counsel others who are in pain, just as I am managing mine. The sciences of palmistry, chiromancy and astrology have also made me think what I want in life and although I'm still searching for the answer, I feel that it has put me on the right track and taught me to trust my instincts confidently. Confidence - a virtue I lack most of the time.

Blacknight

It's given me a lot to think about :lol:
:happy:

Astrology has made a somewhat more mature, and has broaden my wavelength of thinking. It has given me focus and at times I feel as though it has given me a long term purpose in life - to counsel others who are in pain, just as I am managing mine. The sciences of palmistry, chiromancy and astrology have also made me think what I want in life and although I'm still searching for the answer, I feel that it has put me on the right track and taught me to trust my instincts confidently. Confidence - a virtue I lack most of the time.

Nice glad to hear it's given you confidence. That's one element a lot of people need, and helping others is great way to achieve that. There's strength in helping others. :cool:

Moog

I thought of one

One important thing that the study of astrology does is turn you onto difference, preference, and bias

You don't (or I didn't) realise you have them until you really start thinking about and observing them

So, if you have a certain tendency towards something, say a mode of action, or even a quality you tend to overdo, such as being harsh or abrasive in conversation, you can be conscious of that and intentionally operate in different ways

If you get what I'm getting at.

I find it helps me accept or 'forgive' others of their tendencies. Say, I happen to dislike the choleric style. Now I kind of realise that it is just a style, and I can dig it.

waybread

It has given me a hobby that is a huge passion and source of enjoyment.

It has helped me to understand and even feel compassion for difficult people.

It has helped me to think through ways to change difficulties into empowerment.

I used to follow transits on a daily basis, but I stopped when I found it mostly made me feel anxious or superstitious. I do check them if something unusually good or troublesome happens. For a couple of weeks, I was feeling really snarky-- to the point of making it a commitment. This upset me even further. I checked the transits, and sure enough: Saturn was hitting some personal planets. Surprisingly, once I could see what was happening, the deeply rotten moods cleared up. The transit is still in place, but it isn't bothering me particularly. So I think we do have the capacity to use astrology in productive ways.

If I can help anybody out of it, that is a bonus.

The_Saturnian

I thought of one

One important thing that the study of astrology does is turn you onto difference, preference, and bias

You don't (or I didn't) realise you have them until you really start thinking about and observing them

So, if you have a certain tendency towards something, say a mode of action, or even a quality you tend to overdo, such as being harsh or abrasive in conversation, you can be conscious of that and intentionally operate in different ways

I find it helps me accept or 'forgive' others of their tendencies. Say, I happen to dislike the choleric style. Now I kind of realise that it is just a style, and I can dig it.

Very true indeed! I have too have experienced such serenity lately.

Blacknight

I thought of one

I think this is one of the biggest things learning about astrology has done for me as well. People come in so many different flavors and everyone has their own ego to contend with. It's easy to say, somebody needs to act differently, but how does someone stop being himself?

I think it really takes a lot of time & effort to transform the mind for the better.

It has given me a hobby that is a huge passion and source of enjoyment.

It has helped me to understand and even feel compassion for difficult people.

It has helped me to think through ways to change difficulties into empowerment.
Very nice.

I used to follow transits on a daily basis, but I stopped when I found it mostly made me feel anxious or superstitious.
LOL, I made it a point not to do that for the very reason you listed. :p

I did spend a few hours flipping through time by several years & decades to see what interesting progressions were in store though. :D

Rafeeque

Hmmmmm nice conversation thanks for sharing this on this forum. I read the whole conversation of your guys and i know many new facts about astrology actually i am believe in astrology and now days i am learning about muslim astrology.

hbn_235

Regardless of what all these more religious then spiritual people say about astrology it definitely help me get close and develop a strong relationship with God and understand my life and purpose more. Astrology has given me major insight for my life for the past few years that ive been studying and researching. it help me understand the dynamic of why certain people i attract or draw to my life and help me understand myself spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically even though I have a long way to go to really grasp it all. the only thing with astrology i do not like is when someone or people do not try to help me understand or become stringy with information i understand that astrology has alot of method and still is a on going learning/discovering science but at the same time there's an information that has been tested and discovered that I feel people do hold back intentionally and thats the one thing that upset me about it and sometimes makes me want to step away from astrology (although in my heart i have a passion for it lol).

Inline

.....I find it helps me accept or 'forgive' others of their tendencies. Say, I happen to dislike the choleric style. Now I kind of realise that it is just a style, and I can dig it.

Ja, astrology was my first education in real understanding.

Growing up, i'd listened to my psychiatrist father and religious grandfather trying to teach me the truth about the human condition - but inside i felt there was something missing in their explanations.

Astrology taught me to forgive myself and others; it taught me to accept what i can't change and to try and understand "vive la difference".

It was such a sense of freedoom when i realised....! :cool:

SueLou

Every little new thing I learn through astrology I put to use for self awareness and betterment. This is a new thing for me- I was always very outer-focused . I used astrology for fun and to help others. In the last few years I've found the courage to confront myself.

Astrology has always helped me feel compassion and see the true difficulties people face. I disliked a woman I knew through a relative ...ended up doing her chart (she asked me) and I felt such compassion for her. People come into this life with such challenges that we really don't see. Many are challenges I have no personal experience with and it makes me feel very humbled.

Lately astrology has helped me learn to be patient and compassionate with myself too. I'm seeing I can choose how to use my influences and new ways to respond to my challenges.

poyi

Premium Member
Astrology taught me life is only combined lessons made into a course. Nothing is forever that is the only law, but should enjoy the process of both ups and downs. To learn to let go and be as just as objectively as possible.