relationships are a skill that i'm not very good at

multiple

Account Closed
I am starting to think that I am just not very good at one to one interaction or long term interactions with people in general so this would include the area of relationships. I think its an area or skill that I don't really possess. the beginning part of getting to know others I believe I can do quite well despite me having social anxiety its the issue of maintaining a friendship or relationship i'm not that good at because I am difficult to get along with, not only that but people generally tend to be uncomfortable in my presence. can someone look at my chart and see whether I would cope well being permanently alone in life? I sometimes can feel that I can go without contact with others for a long time and i'm ok with it, i'm also ok with the idea of abstaining from sex as I have mars in virgo, going without certain pleasures isn't all that unbearable for me.

me.gif

multiple

Account Closed
i've been reflecting upon this again recently as I have had some issues cropping up again after I met someone online. I sort of didn't want to get to know people personally on this other site, I just wanted to be part of a community to talk about problems or whatever is on my mind. people seem to always want to get to know me whenever I spend too long in a community but often I would prefer to not get to know people. i'd rather just be a name people know on there. so at the risk of worrying about rejecting them and hurting someones feelings I got talking to them. I was suspicious of them from the start (I am with most people) it wasn't long before I started getting annoyed with things in their personality I saw as flaws. these were things that would eventually come around to hurt me, instead of speaking up i'd hold it in then become passive aggressive. it just made me realise that I cannot deal with people at all.
I guess what i'm asking is would it be better for me to be alone? i've always thought that i'm not meeting the right people but its becoming clear that there is no such thing as the right person, that I don't really get along with anyone.

aglaya

Hi, multiple! (what a convenient nick name for a person with two planets sitting on the Ascendat :D)

I hope you don't mind me asking this but, how severe is your social anxiety disorder (bah, I don't like this "d" word but I know you'll understand)?

multiple

Account Closed
Hi, multiple! (what a convenient nick name for a person with two planets sitting on the Ascendat :D)

I hope you don't mind me asking this but, how severe is your social anxiety disorder (bah, I don't like this "d" word but I know you'll understand)?

very bad really, I personally see myself as suffering from avoidant personality.I have around 1 friend irl who I rarely see. I have been long term unemployed and I rarely go out.

multiple

Account Closed
the trouble is I get hurt very easily. i'm massively sensitive and I react badly to things, I cannot control my emotions. I've been looking at the transits that are occurring for me right now and it seems that saturn in scorpio is squaring my moon which seems like its telling me I need to learn some restraint but I don't know how.
it feels like my emotions take over and as much as I try to hide them I can't. even with online interactions it gets to the point where it gets too much and I react in a drastic, honest and dramatic way. usually by saying what I truly feel then running away out of embarrassment. its ridiculous but I feel like I can't restrain myself because the power of what i'm feeling is too great, it swims around inside me and becomes unbearable.

Inline

very bad really, I personally see myself as suffering from avoidant personality.I have around 1 friend irl who I rarely see. I have been long term unemployed and I rarely go out.

I notice that you have most of your planets beneath the horizon, implying you could be a person who prefers their privacy to a more public profile and therefore could become quite self sufficient and self contained. Noel Tyl describes this distribution of planets as 'having alot of unfinished business....' whatever that means...perhaps you understand this better?

Then you have Neptune conjunct the DC in the 7th house, the only planet above the horizon....subjecting you to disappointments & delusions in relationships.

I can understand completely why you feel happier and safer with your own company and prefer to avoid relationships altogether....exactly what an avoidant personality is....it is self protection.:wink:

If you find the courage and stamina to go out into the world, try and activate some of your good points like - your Sun Venus conj oppo Neptune makes you good looking, atune to beautiful things and talented in the arts, espescially music - whats your singing voice like?

multiple

Account Closed
I notice that you have most of your planets beneath the horizon, implying you could be a person who prefers their privacy to a more public profile and therefore could become quite self sufficient and self contained. Noel Tyl describes this distribution of planets as 'having alot of unfinished business....' whatever that means...perhaps you understand this better?

Then you have Neptune conjunct the DC in the 7th house, the only planet above the horizon....subjecting you to disappointments & delusions in relationships.

I can understand completely why you feel happier and safer with your own company and prefer to avoid relationships altogether....exactly what an avoidant personality is....it is self protection.:wink:

If you find the courage and stamina to go out into the world, try and activate some of your good points like - your Sun Venus conj oppo Neptune makes you good looking, atune to beautiful things and talented in the arts, espescially music - whats your singing voice like?

hello,

you are right I do prefer private life as opposed to public life .I have no real desire to have a strong public life. I don't understand the part about unfinished business.

I find the whole prospect of dating a little dishonest and deceptive. it seems to be governed by certain unwritten rules and codes of conduct around what you shouldn't and should say and do, the whole idea whereby you are supposed to let actions speak for you (in terms of what you are feeling) rather than words is something I don't agree with. I get no reassurance from that and doubt everything, people often misunderstand my actions too due to me being such a complicated,distracted and seemingly contradictory person, if I hold in something and don't verbally express it ,it may manifest in confusing negative ways.
I would like to experience a good loving relationship though, all my experiences of love have been painful, hurtful and disappointing. I get the feeling I may go through all my life never having experienced the good sides and a proper loving,supportive relationship. :sad:

you are right, I avoid things from wishing not to be hurt, I also can be critical ,I find faults in things,in peoples behaviour which sometimes hurt me or I see the potential for those faults to hurt me.

thanks, I don't really consider myself to be classically good looking, but I get compliments like people thinking i'm cool. I don't think people see me as sexually or romantically desirable, I don't really give off that vibe. I have never tried singing, but funnily enough I have been thinking about it recently. the only way I could sing would be in baritone as my voice is quite deep.

aglaya

Hi, again.
Sorry, I couldn't post a new reply sooner!

I asked about your social anxiety for a few reasons and, I believe that you deserve an explanation. :) But, please, bare in mind that, when we mention the negative influences in your chart, that does not mean that your chart is negative :) - we're just trying to concentrate onto the problem that you mentioned in the intro post.

Venus (a planet tightly connected with your original question) is retrograde and combust on your Ascendant which is the the first indication that the matters associated with the natural rulership of Venus are very likely to encounter difficulties in their attempts to express the true nature of this planet (the planet is burnt and moving backwards). The conjunction of this ruler with your ascendant will, then, inevitably, affect your own behaviour, emotional reactions and looks!
With retrograde planets, repetition of certain activities or choices are usual and some lessons take longer to learn.
Venus rules one huge part of the 12th and the cusp of the 6th- two cadent houses, both of which are, to a certain point, associated with health. So, in a way, this bring the symbolism of these two houses "to you" as 1st house planets usually do, making this an important aspect of your life and personality.
The 6th house ruler in this shape,sitting on Ascendant and being placed in Gemini is already telling a lot about your situation- Gemini is a good place for communication however, Venus cannot express herself easily and, being so close to the crucial point of your chart, it translates the same characteristics onto you making you reluctant to communicate freely and, potentially, doubting your own strength or female qualities. With the influence coming from the 12th, you indeed have a potential to turn yourself into your own prisoner. In addition, the combustion introduces the energy of the 4th (the home, tradition or even your parents, father or another authoritative figure) in aprticular as the Sun rules this house.
And, from here, the aspects are telling their own part of the story about the dynamics of your social contacts coloured by this conjunction; Venus and Sun are squaring Mars and Saturn on the cusp of the 5th (pleasure, fun, dating, arts, sexual life etc.) and casting an opposition to Neptune on DC.

Saturn brings heaviness to this sphere of life whilst the combination of the two planets prevents you from solving troubles associated with this house quickly (I have Mars/Saturn square from 1st to 10th- these two planets can really be a pain in the back!). However, this square with Saturjn once again suggests a blockage or simply a negative reaction to something naturally ruled by Saturn which, again, could be link to either parental influence or social heritage and transition (Saturn rules long periods of time, older people, conservative thinking and slow motion).
Paradoxically, whilst the influence of Saturn may result in strong need for another person's attention, it can also affect the Nativity in a way that they become prone to denying this segment of life to themselves.

you are right, I avoid things from wishing not to be hurt,

That's Saturn inside the 5th.

However, although this Satun/Mars combo can cause blockages and frustration, they also give you an enormous power to wait for something no matter how long it takes and to successfully undergo even the heaviest transformations. Saturn does not want to move whilst mars wants to do everything right this moment which causes frustration. However, when the two energies unite, the result is also a great power of endurance and determination.

Finally, the Neptune on the 7th cusp, as it has already been mentioned, talks about blurry vision when it comes to relationships but also about a constant fear.

The reason why some things appear to happen more than once is most likely hidden in the motion of Venus. The fact that you often feel better alone is also described by both Venus and Sun. The reason why you would like a steady relationship (which denies your choice of a secluded life) is your 5th house which, at the same time, is the resource of your energy that will help you go through the lessons that have been distributed along your path so far.

Your Moon is cadent and non-aspected which makes it a bit harder for you to both express your femininity and establish a deep contact with someone and, being placed inside the 3rd (communication) I would say that, maybe, you should avoid blind dating and all the "artificially" constructed meetings that you have mentioned. I'd say that you need to get out through the 5th and that you have a great potential to do so.
Forget about the meetings where you are expected to behave in a certain manner- go outside and allow yourself to meet people in their natural surroundings.
Although technically still inside the 1st house, your Sun and venus are tightly conjunct your Ascendant meaning that they are already visible on the horizon which, to me, means that this is a daily chart which give some planets a significant push forward.
Satrun/Mars conjunction advises you to find a healthy way to use your energy. The 5th is a great place for dancing (Inline has already given you some nice suggestions). A dance class would be a great way to open up the square between the "malefics" inside the 5th and the conjunction on your Ascendant. Mars and Saturn are disposed by your Ascendant ruler and they're in a benevolent aspect with it which gives them even more potential to resolve the blockages and turn their energy into a different direction. Finally, this will activate the final link in this figure- the 7th cusp and possibly affect it in a positive way as well. The good thing is that the planets have the ability to communicate as they're all connected. this, of course, has affected your life in a negative way so far but, a stressful aspect is better than no aspect at all.
Since your Moon does not have any aspects, you should, in my opinion, try to open it up through the activities of the 3rd house and Leo. I'd advise you to study the symbolism of the too thoroughly and see where you can find a recognisable and acceptable way out for your Moon.

In addition, if social anxiety is a huge problem, accept the hand offered to your from the 6th and try to talk to an expert. :wink:

I wish you the best of luck,

cheers,

aglaya

multiple

Account Closed
Hi, again.
Sorry, I couldn't post a new reply sooner!

I asked about your social anxiety for a few reasons and, I believe that you deserve an explanation. :) But, please, bare in mind that, when we mention the negative influences in your chart, that does not mean that your chart is negative :) - we're just trying to concentrate onto the problem that you mentioned in the intro post.

Venus (a planet tightly connected with your original question) is retrograde and combust on your Ascendant which is the the first indication that the matters associated with the natural rulership of Venus are very likely to encounter difficulties in their attempts to express the true nature of this planet (the planet is burnt and moving backwards). The conjunction of this ruler with your ascendant will, then, inevitably, affect your own behaviour, emotional reactions and looks!
With retrograde planets, repetition of certain activities or choices are usual and some lessons take longer to learn.
Venus rules one huge part of the 12th and the cusp of the 6th- two cadent houses, both of which are, to a certain point, associated with health. So, in a way, this bring the symbolism of these two houses "to you" as 1st house planets usually do, making this an important aspect of your life and personality.
The 6th house ruler in this shape,sitting on Ascendant and being placed in Gemini is already telling a lot about your situation- Gemini is a good place for communication however, Venus cannot express herself easily and, being so close to the crucial point of your chart, it translates the same characteristics onto you making you reluctant to communicate freely and, potentially, doubting your own strength or female qualities. With the influence coming from the 12th, you indeed have a potential to turn yourself into your own prisoner. In addition, the combustion introduces the energy of the 4th (the home, tradition or even your parents, father or another authoritative figure) in aprticular as the Sun rules this house.
And, from here, the aspects are telling their own part of the story about the dynamics of your social contacts coloured by this conjunction; Venus and Sun are squaring Mars and Saturn on the cusp of the 5th (pleasure, fun, dating, arts, sexual life etc.) and casting an opposition to Neptune on DC.

Saturn brings heaviness to this sphere of life whilst the combination of the two planets prevents you from solving troubles associated with this house quickly (I have Mars/Saturn square from 1st to 10th- these two planets can really be a pain in the back!). However, this square with Saturjn once again suggests a blockage or simply a negative reaction to something naturally ruled by Saturn which, again, could be link to either parental influence or social heritage and transition (Saturn rules long periods of time, older people, conservative thinking and slow motion).
Paradoxically, whilst the influence of Saturn may result in strong need for another person's attention, it can also affect the Nativity in a way that they become prone to denying this segment of life to themselves.

That's Saturn inside the 5th.

However, although this Satun/Mars combo can cause blockages and frustration, they also give you an enormous power to wait for something no matter how long it takes and to successfully undergo even the heaviest transformations. Saturn does not want to move whilst mars wants to do everything right this moment which causes frustration. However, when the two energies unite, the result is also a great power of endurance and determination.

Finally, the Neptune on the 7th cusp, as it has already been mentioned, talks about blurry vision when it comes to relationships but also about a constant fear.

The reason why some things appear to happen more than once is most likely hidden in the motion of Venus. The fact that you often feel better alone is also described by both Venus and Sun. The reason why you would like a steady relationship (which denies your choice of a secluded life) is your 5th house which, at the same time, is the resource of your energy that will help you go through the lessons that have been distributed along your path so far.

Your Moon is cadent and non-aspected which makes it a bit harder for you to both express your femininity and establish a deep contact with someone and, being placed inside the 3rd (communication) I would say that, maybe, you should avoid blind dating and all the "artificially" constructed meetings that you have mentioned. I'd say that you need to get out through the 5th and that you have a great potential to do so.
Forget about the meetings where you are expected to behave in a certain manner- go outside and allow yourself to meet people in their natural surroundings.
Although technically still inside the 1st house, your Sun and venus are tightly conjunct your Ascendant meaning that they are already visible on the horizon which, to me, means that this is a daily chart which give some planets a significant push forward.
Satrun/Mars conjunction advises you to find a healthy way to use your energy. The 5th is a great place for dancing (Inline has already given you some nice suggestions). A dance class would be a great way to open up the square between the "malefics" inside the 5th and the conjunction on your Ascendant. Mars and Saturn are disposed by your Ascendant ruler and they're in a benevolent aspect with it which gives them even more potential to resolve the blockages and turn their energy into a different direction. Finally, this will activate the final link in this figure- the 7th cusp and possibly affect it in a positive way as well. The good thing is that the planets have the ability to communicate as they're all connected. this, of course, has affected your life in a negative way so far but, a stressful aspect is better than no aspect at all.
Since your Moon does not have any aspects, you should, in my opinion, try to open it up through the activities of the 3rd house and Leo. I'd advise you to study the symbolism of the too thoroughly and see where you can find a recognisable and acceptable way out for your Moon.

In addition, if social anxiety is a huge problem, accept the hand offered to your from the 6th and try to talk to an expert. :wink:

I wish you the best of luck,

cheers,

aglaya

Hi aglaya, thankyou for all that info.

I have read abit about venus conjunction sun and ascendant and it seems like a good placement but then there is the combust and retrograde thing, would you say a good description would be that there are good qualities there but they have difficulty in showing themselves? the thing I was wondering about the retrograde is if there will be a time in my life when the expression of my venus qualities will be easier,I think I remember reading something about progressions helping?

you are right about the prisoner thing and a lot of other things you mentioned. what is your opinion on how I can apply any artistic talent I have? I am naturally gifted technically at drawing although I have never found any real medium to express ideas,thoughts,opinions. a lot of my creativity lacks finishing touches and it often is lacking in any traditional structure or professionalism, I also have a problem with mastering things. I get too sidetracked by ideas and at times novelty. I face this similar problem with music I have tried making.

yea I do think the square from mars and saturn to the 1st makes things difficult for me in expressing myself, I seem to be held back by fear a lot ,also I suffer a lot of self doubt and worries over my capability. parental conditioning was probably a bit to do with this but also interactions with peers during crucial times in my youth.
oh yea it takes me ages to get things moving, I need to take small steps ,quite often it takes me so long to do something that it appears i'm not doing anything at all when i'm really getting myself adjusted and beginning to take direction and change my perspective. with venus on my asc I am often accused of being lazy when really i'm just not comfortable with the pace or insecure with taking action. i'm also uncomfortable when I sense people are forcing me to do something.

I do feel the energy of mars saturn conjunction within myself quite strongly, I sometimes wonder if my gemini energy that squares it sometimes disrupts its determined nature due to wanting to be distracted or taking a tangent from what mars-saturn wants to apply to.

thanks for the tips, that is how I prefer to meet people. I dunno about dancing! well maybe if I have had a couple of drinks! generally I feel a little self conscious with it but I do enjoy some thing connected with musical expression and find they can be therapeutic. yea I get the feeling leo is an important sign for me in trying to progress in life, courage? pride? confidence? I associate those keywords with leo so maybe its learning those lessons.

Zarathu

Account Closed
The problem with social skills is that even if you are OK with them, you have to practice them in order to get any good at them. You have to reach out, join organizations when you can help, and then participate whether you like it or not.

I speak to you because for most of my adult life and all of my childhood(I'm 63) I've struggled with social occasions. Sure, with two shots of Scotch Whiskey, I can talk to anyone but that's no solution, except once in a while.

And, I've also spent much of my adult life teaching children how to be more social. It is possible that you have more than just social anxiety. Certain personality types have more difficulty than others, and certain disorders such as Asperger Syndrome, make socializing nearly impossible because the individual simply can't figure out how conversation works.

Even if you see something in your chart which shows how you should be socializing, and I could see that in your Venus Return, if I wanted to spend the time, the BOTTOM LINE IS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO MAKE A COMMITMENT TO actually carry out the socializing practice. From your posts I don't see someone who is willing to actually do that. You need to see a professional counselor, and get into a therapy group. Once you do this, you will learn how to socialize and how to reach out to people. Then you can follow the astrology of where and when and how for that period.

I hate to say it, but unless that commitment is there, you may be just looking for an excuse in your chart not to socialize and to learn to socialize.

aglaya

Hi aglaya, thankyou for all that info.

I have read abit about venus conjunction sun and ascendant and it seems like a good placement but then there is the combust and retrograde thing, would you say a good description would be that there are good qualities there but they have difficulty in showing themselves? the thing I was wondering about the retrograde is if there will be a time in my life when the expression of my venus qualities will be easier,I think I remember reading something about progressions helping?

Hi, again.

Firstly, i have to say that generally, I agree with Zarathu (a word from someone with similar experiences is always worth listening) - if there is a problem, it should be resolved. And, in order to do so, we need to use the appropriate tools. Your chart is, after all, clearly suggesting that medical help (or what ever other mean of help described by the 6st) will and could affect your life and I would accept that help if I were you. We go to the doctor's when we're in pain, we go to the mechanic's when our car drops dead...we go to a therapist's when we have a problem that falls under their "jurisdiction".

as for the planets near the ascendant- yes, the effects of this kind of influence weakens them and prevents them from expressing their true nature.
I have to repeat that the influence from people described by the 4th and Sun-like people may have had something to do with your current social anxiety which is yet another past influence that needs to be investigated and hopefully resolved.

as for progressions, they themselves do not help but, by progressing the the planets, we respect their natural movement during the first months of our lives (the months succeeding our birth) and read their promise. obviously, the year that correlates with the day in your early life when the planet changed direction or turned stationary should be indicative of a certain change in the way your natal planet expresses herself.
Your progressed Venus will cross your Ascendant in about 2 years.

what is your opinion on how I can apply any artistic talent I have? I am naturally gifted technically at drawing although I have never found any real medium to express ideas,thoughts,opinions. a lot of my creativity lacks finishing touches and it often is lacking in any traditional structure or professionalism, I also have a problem with mastering things. I get too sidetracked by ideas and at times novelty. I face this similar problem with music I have tried making.

I mentioned dancing as it looked like the a good way to improve at least three spheres of your life! Firstly, this Saturn/Mars conjunction calls for exercise but, unless you intend to join a group sport activity, you're left with solitary sports that won't do any good to your social life. Singing and drawing are a good idea in terms of activating your artistic potential but don't offer a possibility of intense physical exercise. So, in order to "kill three birds with one stone", I suggested dancing- that would put you in the surrounding of people who behave naturally, you will exercise and open up artistically. However, this was just a suggestion, you can use the natural symbolism of the signs and planets (Mars and Satun inside Virgo) to come up with a more suitable scenario. a course or something to do with horticulture is also a good option.

yea I get the feeling leo is an important sign for me in trying to progress in life, courage? pride? confidence? I associate those keywords with leo so maybe its learning those lessons.

Moon in Leo inside the 3rd is yet another indication that you might want to start writing. Anything- if nothing else, to read it yourself. Have you ever thought of earning money through an activity that involves either verbal or written expression?

Last edited:

multiple

Account Closed
Hi,

Yea I guess I should have written somewhere above that I am trying some medication and seeking some help. I have tried various options so far, a lot of different meds for several month periods at a time to see if that can improve things and towards the end of last year I began some cbt (cognitive behavioural therapy) which might work out well for me this year, just have to see how that goes. its early days,only a month in with the current meds i'm on (citalopram) but after that course if its not improving things then I may give up with that idea because i'm running out of options for various pills.

thanks for the info on the progressions,i'm not sure exactly what happened or if there were any big changes when venus went stationary and also direct. but its hard to remember that far back and my life is generally quite uneventful so at times even when big things happen astrologically they can pass me by...

ok thanks, I will have a look at various different types of dancing and see if I can find something that kind of feels right, I remember my mother used to like rock n roll dancing and used to encourage me as a child!:biggrin: I just generally feel quite awkward with it and all types of spontaneous expression.
yea i'll have a look into other things to see if I can come up with something else. I have thought about the idea of something exercise related as i'd like to keep in shape/stay fit.

I write a diary, I find that helps get all my thoughts out of my head. I was thinking about amateur dramatics a while ago, still haven't got the bottle to get quite into it. but I like cinema and have thought about film making. perhaps writing a short story too and have been considering studying film for higher education courses. money has always been a major issue with social anxiety and avoidant personality disorder.

Zarathu - I have been checked by various doctors and professionals, I was seeing a psychiatrist last year as they were worried it might be another much more serious condition but after the overall assessment they concluded that I was just very high up on the anxiety/avoidant scale of things and there wasn't any other condition.
the original post is very much reflective of a time after a period of trying hard to socialize I come to a conclusion that maybe I should be alone. these thoughts come and go, and I do agree that I need to try because I often fluctuate between trying hard and feeling there is no point and I might be happier alone.

aglaya

Hi,

Yea I guess I should have written somewhere above that I am trying some medication and seeking some help. I have tried various options so far, a lot of different meds for several month periods at a time to see if that can improve things and towards the end of last year I began some cbt (cognitive behavioural therapy) which might work out well for me this year, just have to see how that goes. its early days,only a month in with the current meds i'm on (citalopram) but after that course if its not improving things then I may give up with that idea because i'm running out of options for various pills.

Ok, great. So you're doing everything in your power to solve the problem. That's a great start! (Don't let them dope you, 'tho! :D ).

ok thanks, I will have a look at various different types of dancing and see if I can find something that kind of feels right, I remember my mother used to like rock n roll dancing and used to encourage me as a child! I just generally feel quite awkward with it and all types of spontaneous expression.

rock'n'roll dancing sounds great but, if your don't like the idea- then, don't do it. Walk! run! Spend a lot of time outside! Use the energy of the Mars/Saturn combo in another way- with these two planets connected by an aspect, we often feel that we have "gained" some surplus energy and we need to spend it.

I write a diary, I find that helps get all my thoughts out of my head.

Great! They need to get out of there! :) That's rule nr.1! Don't keep your thoughts inside your head- they are dangerous! :happy:

I was thinking about amateur dramatics a while ago, still haven't got the bottle to get quite into it.

PERFECT! Your Leo Moon will love it! That, I assume, can be achieved without spending any (or much) money as amateur groups don't ask for any any (god bless theatre- you can never earn any money there, but you also don't need any money to be there- that's my profession, I should know! :D )

but I like cinema and have thought about film making. perhaps writing a short story too and have been considering studying film for higher education courses.

another great idea! A quick advice- amateur film makers have their own clubs and know millions of tricks- that is a great way out for your creativity and, technically, speaking, money for short films can be easily obtained, just google the subject!

money has always been a major issue with social anxiety and avoidant personality disorder.

Or just a good excuse! ;)

thanks for the info on the progressions,i'm not sure exactly what happened or if there were any big changes when venus went stationary and also direct. but its hard to remember that far back and my life is generally quite uneventful so at times even when big things happen astrologically they can pass me by...

We don't have to remember it, that's what we have Astrology for! :)
The movement of the stars in the past and, consequently their progressed position for the current moment, can be found in the ephemeries or, nowadays, calculated by softwares.
Your Venus remained retrograde for about 20 days after the day when you were born. So, we could say that your progressed Venus turned stationary around your 20th birthday and then, soon after that, it started moving in a direct motion, gradually increasing in velocity.
The moment when it touches your Ascendant for the second time will surely affect you in a positive way- in order to know how exactly, you will need to compare its placement with the results of other predictive methods for that period.

I wish you the best of luck from my heart!

You're only a year and a month younger than me- believe me, our time is yet to come! ;)

Cheers,

aglaya