Reading my chart for education and career

I am 62, female. I always wondered what my astrological reading for further education after high school (I never did attend college), and what that would have been, and what career I would have pursued. This has been on my mind and now I have more time, I'd like to really get some insight with astrology as far as vocation and further education would be.

Thanks for shedding some light on this. I am really wanting to get pointed in the right direction and quit wondering!

Attachments

• Novemberch1.png
    Novemberch1.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 24

JUPITERASC

I am 62, female. I always wondered what my astrological reading
for further education after high school (I never did attend college),
and what that would have been, and what career I would have pursued.
This has been on my mind and now I have more time,
I'd like to really get some insight with astrology
as far as vocation and further education would be.
Thanks for shedding some light on this.
I am really wanting to get pointed in the right direction
and quit wondering!
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=382268&postcount=8

04-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Omnisphericus
user_offline.gif

Some Tips on Delineating
The type of Delineation I'm giving here is a mix of medieval techniques with those of the Hellenistic authors.
Robert Zoller played great role in my traditional astrology education and this is obvious for those who are familiar with his work.
I need to mention that even though Zoller was initially very fond on Arabia authors, his basic delineation techniques are taken from the early reneissance French astrologer Morin. Zoller studied with Zoltan Mason who introduced Morin and his basic natal delineation to Zoller. Zoltan was also one of the first translators of Morin.

Here are some tips for delineating the chart in this manner.

1. The good or bad signified by a house emanates from the ruler of the house.
This is the basic rule. The ruler of the house is giver of the material of the house.

Zoller gives the example of his own chart where he has Combusted Mercury in 11th, ruler of 4th. He comments that this kind of placement brings adversity to ones home and dwellings.

2. Benefit in one area of life can be produced by adversity, or even conflict, in another.

Again Zoller gives example from his own chart.
Jupiter in 9th in Scorpio disposited from Mars in 11th: Wisdom coming from conflicts.

3. The delineation tells you the what. The
predictive techniques tell you the when.

4. The Elemental Quality of the Sign of the Ascendant is showing the type of Primary Motivation of the native.
Fire goes for freedom of action and power.
Air goes for freedom of expression and movement.
The Water signs need emotional security
Earth signs need physical security.

The person with masculine Ascendant (or majority of planets in masculine signs) speaks in active terms: "I did this to that person".
The person with feminine sign on Ascendant or majority planets in feminine signs, speaks in passive terms: "This happened to me".

The Feminine signs seek advice because they need second hand in their decisions, in fact they want someone else to make the decision for them.
Masculine signs seek advice because they have many options so they are not sure which option is better.

Cardinal signs are most active. Cardinal water and earth (Cancer and Capricorn) are working great amount of actions but in circumstances and environment structured already by someone else.
Libra and Aries (Cardinal masculine) are working great in any kind of circumstances.

Fixed signs are centripetal, they need center. They are very successful in Acquisations.
Taurus hoards money.
Leo hoards glory and honor.
Scorpio hoards the hidden things, hidden motivations of other people, seek energy and vitality.
Aquarius hoards Knowledge.

Mutable signs vacillate between the two: cardinal and fixed.

5. Examine the planets which most closely aspects the Ascendant. These planets add to the whole Primary Motivation thing.

Planets aspecting the Ascendant represent powers the native can use in the world.

The aspecting planet's local determination will be added to the Primary
Motivation.
(Venus in 5th will add love for pleasure and entertainment to the native's Primary Motivation).

The aspect between the aspecting planet and the Ascendant tells you how the being of the planet and its local determination are linked.

6. The Ruler of the Ascendant by its house position tells you where (what area of life) the native will seek to realize his/her Primary Motivation.

Look also at all 5 dignity rulers in the place of the ASC. The Almuten and Exalted ruler are lamost as significant as the domicile ruler (sometimes even more).

The Ruler of the Ascendant (as well as the other rulers) by its nature and zodiacal state shows the methods the native will use and the success or failure of the drive.

This is great quote by Zoller:
Quote:
"This little trick is of great practical value. By means of it, we may understand what the native wants. All other wants and desires are negotiable, but not the Primary Motivation. If you interfere with another person's ability to realize their Primary Motivation, they are gone."
Lets assume that a person has Cancer on the Ascendant,
The primary motivation of this person is the Need for Emotional Security.
The ruler/s of the Ascendant and their zodiacal and local state will determine How would this be achieved.

Lets assume Moon on IC in Libra Peregrine.
Jupiter in 6th (but 7th sign!) in Capricorn.
Venus in Sag in 6th - Peregrine.
Mars in Scorpio in 4th (but 5th sign!)
Saturn (term ruler) is in 5th Scorpio Peregrine.

We can see that Moon is strong by accident (being on angle), so we can judge first from there.
The need for Emotional Security this person would seek in the home, in the place of the father. The father would be the means through which this person would try to achieve the Emotional Security.
Jupiter - the exalted ruler is weak by being cadent, Venus too. They can't produce much in giving the emotional security this person seeks.
Jupiter by universal means suggest that the native would seek wisdom, religion (and the person actually did!) but by being cadent and in fall, it can't productively give what it promise.
Mars is in 4/5th and is strong by zodiacal state, but is out of sect malefic.
It would try to win competitions, but also with Saturn in 5th will give great deal of creativity. Mars rules the 10th - creativity and looking for career, would also give some amount of emotional security for this person. But by being square with Sun in 7th it means that it will have opposition from authorities and other people in general.

The primary motivation is great deal of what we unconsciously and often consciously seek for. Once that motivation is broken or someone interrupt it, we seek to fix that in the every possible way we can do that.

I will continue with the tips in my next post.

Harmelia

I am 62, female. I always wondered what my astrological reading for further education after high school (I never did attend college), and what that would have been, and what career I would have pursued. This has been on my mind and now I have more time, I'd like to really get some insight with astrology as far as vocation and further education would be.

Thanks for shedding some light on this. I am really wanting to get pointed in the right direction and quit wondering!

Hello Illumin!
Well, this is an interesting question to be asking at age 62. But I understand – and of course, it’s never to late to grow, change and learn.

You do in fact have planets in the 9th House of Higher Education – Sun, Mercury, and the Moon’s North Node are all in Scorpio in the 9th. The South Node of the Moon is your past life wound (along with earned skills and gifts) – found in Taurus conjunct your Moon in the 3rd house. I imagine you didn’t go to college back then because of the SN and Moon. Taurus doesn’t want to complicate things – wants things to remain steady, routine and simple. Your Moon there too might make you want to enjoy the simplicity of doing mundane tasks – garden, commune with nature, meditate - keep your life peaceful. Perhaps you felt pride in this. It’s possible your early life was too chaotic for you – maybe your folks moved a lot or made you felt uneasy or restless in some way. You wanted steady, secure and peaceful.

And yet, you are unusual – different – unique – probably quite intelligent and you could have gone to college. Your 10th house of career has Sagittarius on the cusp – an expansive sign that naturally rules the house of higher education. Jupiter rules Sagittarius and is found in Libra along with Mars and Neptune in the 8th house. I would say there is a strong possibility that you might have majored in psychology to become a therapist. You most certainly have interests in psychology, philosophy, religion, spirituality and I bet – metaphysics. These are still interests for you. Who knows for sure what you would have done as a young woman, because we don’t know ourselves as well as later in life, but you would have at least had an inkling of those interests.

It’s possible that pride or identification with being different kept you from going to college as well – especially if you were expected to go. I see this possibility in the chart. It could also be that you pursued some spiritual path on your own and this was your thing. You didn’t need college for that.

With Sun in the 9th you might enjoy traveling to foreign countries to learn from other cultures. You’d like anthropology. Maybe you’ve traveled. No doubt you feel you have gained insight about yourself through your relationships and this has been your “school of life”. You like to analyze yourself and others to understand. You probably like research, investigations, digging deep – to get at the heart of the matter.

I think you’re looking for a way to align your personal goals, your personal work , who you are – with a way to be of service to others. There is a need to express and communicate who you are in the world. It’s about building a bridge between your unique stance or view and where other people are – and – this is the task at hand. It’s about communication.

Last edited:
Harmelia, thank you for such an insightful and detailed reply! I am appreciative, Wow! you've have illustrated what I've been wondering about for awhile now....what area I would have pursued. The part where you said, "...you would have at least had an inkling of those interests."...yes, you are right there.

Thanks again for your attention. I don't want to waste the rest of my life by scattering my energy and time, I really want to focus on an area that I am meant to.

Harmelia

Harmelia, thank you for such an insightful and detailed reply! I am appreciative, Wow! you've have illustrated what I've been wondering about for awhile now....what area I would have pursued. The part where you said, "...you would have at least had an inkling of those interests."...yes, you are right there.

Thanks again for your attention. I don't want to waste the rest of my life by scattering my energy and time, I really want to focus on an area that I am meant to.

Your'e welcome. Glad to help.