Drowning in Water?

Lionfish11

Hi everyone

I'm in the beginning stages of learning to read natal charts. I had never related to being a Leo but once I understood the impact of the moon and rising signs, I understood why. Geez, when I look at online interpretations of my chart, it paints me as a blubbering emotional idiot. With such a heavy water influence in most areas, it looks nearly impossible to break out of it and achieve some semblance of balance.

I am wondering what others see (file attached) and if anyone can throw me a towel?

Thank you very much for your time.

Attachments

• Birth-chart.jpg
    Birth-chart.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 38

Gemini888

The software you used to generate your chart is a bit hard to see. Could you go to astro.com and generate a chart there?

I can see from your chart that you have not only many water placements but a lot of soft aspects. I think you have excellent EQ and can relate well to people. But you may be too passive and lack enough drive for important things. The lack of cardinal placements doesn't help. And you may prone to too much melancholy.

You also have no air, so you may lack the ability to judge things objectively.

Throughout your life, does things come easy to you, especially things related to emotion?

Lionfish11

Thank you Gemini888 for your time and looking at my chart. I'm sorry the original attachment was difficult to read. I attached my chart from astro.com, I hope it's clearer.

You hit many things right on. My EQ is quite high but I find it can be alienating because I sense people are uncomfortable around me. I'm not good in group settings, particularly with people I don't know. (I hate parties). Much better sharing a deep, meaningful conversation, with one or two people. My passivity and lack of drive has been a life long challenge, mostly because I have not found my passion and life feels meaningless to me without one. And yes, melancholy is an understatement. My sensitivity is off the chart. Conversely, I am quite objective to where I can see both sides of an argument (mediation has always interested me) and tend to easily see the 'big picture'. I am a very analytical thinker and too much in my head.

As far as things coming easily to me, could you elaborate a bit as I'm not sure what types of things you mean. My emotions are on my sleeve and I have no poker face.

I fear I am destined for a life of feeling lost with no passion or purpose. I am interested in learning astrology but the more I learn about my chart, the more upset I get, so I have to stop. I understand we have 'free will' but when your chart is stacked so much against you, it's like trying to escape quicksand.

Thank you again for your reply. I do appreciate the time you took to help me.

Attachments

• birth-chart.jpg
    birth-chart.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 45

Shanti

Hi Lionfish

Your Moon is unaspected....

From a study of unaspected natal planets,

Most of this originated from or was summarized in Geoffrey Dean's 1977 book, Recent Advances in Natal Astrology.

https://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?t=185
MOON unaspected
"Effects could be the most personally traumatic of any planet. About half the natives seemed conspicuously unemotional and unfeeling most of the time, but had highly emotional periods seemingly beyond control. There was no special evidence for simple, immature or unforceful personality. Suggested interpretation: emotions seem to come and go by themselves as if beyond conscious control, tendency to be either all emotion or none.

JUPITERASC

Thank you Gemini888 for your time and looking at my chart. I'm sorry the original attachment was difficult to read. I attached my chart from astro.com, I hope it's clearer.

You hit many things right on. My EQ is quite high but I find it can be alienating because I sense people are uncomfortable around me. I'm not good in group settings, particularly with people I don't know. (I hate parties). Much better sharing a deep, meaningful conversation, with one or two people. My passivity and lack of drive has been a life long challenge, mostly because I have not found my passion and life feels meaningless to me without one. And yes, melancholy is an understatement. My sensitivity is off the chart. Conversely, I am quite objective to where I can see both sides of an argument (mediation has always interested me) and tend to easily see the 'big picture'. I am a very analytical thinker and too much in my head.

As far as things coming easily to me, could you elaborate a bit as I'm not sure what types of things you mean. My emotions are on my sleeve and I have no poker face.

I fear I am destined for a life of feeling lost with no passion or purpose. I am interested in learning astrology but the more I learn about my chart, the more upset I get, so I have to stop. I understand we have 'free will' but when your chart is stacked so much against you,

it's like trying to escape quicksand.

For anyone interested
the way to escape quicksand = to relax and float along on the quicksand :smile:
avoid struggling to escape quicksand - because struggling = gradually sinking
Jupiter, Mars, and Venus are operate together in XI!
You should be gains a plenty of good money!
That's when using WHOLE SIGN HOUSES
and your comment is a good illustration of the fact
that House location of a natal planet can change
dependent on the house system chosen
astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
offers fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use
as available options to create natal chart

Placidus is simply the default

to view for yourself how that works in practice
create your natal chart using Whole Sign Houses option
then compare with the same natal chart using the Placidus option
note that Whole Sign House ascendant sign becomes the whole first house
and the other houses follow.
The ASCENDANT POINT ITSELF can then fall anywhere in the first house
and
MIDHEAVEN POINT anywhere in the upper half of the chart

by the way
there are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart"
into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains
represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable.
A planet in the SIGN of Aries
was also a planet in the HOUSE of Aries
so that in effect houses as we know them today did not exist.

Artificial divisions now known as houses were attempts
by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed
or confused
as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites were definite power points
or areas of intense focus
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant.

Gemini888

Conversely, I am quite objective to where I can see both sides of an argument (mediation has always interested me) and tend to easily see the 'big picture'. I am a very analytical thinker and too much in my head.
Do you feel like that at work or when you have to deal with stranger? Your MC is the only air placement in your chart, and it's in Gemini. While it may bring you some objectivity in your judgment, it also adds to your indecisiveness.

Do you change jobs often?

I mean, do you feel that people like you and support you in your emotional matter? As you confirmed before, you have good EQ. You also have a lot of soft aspect in your chart. So I'm guessing that you come off to people as being really understanding and pleasant, so people are willing to support you back. You also have Sun in Leo in 11H. Your social circle may feel a sense of warmth from your presence.

I fear I am destined for a life of feeling lost with no passion or purpose. I am interested in learning astrology but the more I learn about my chart, the more upset I get, so I have to stop. I understand we have 'free will' but when your chart is stacked so much against you, it's like trying to escape quicksand.

I don't think your problem is the large amount of water. I'm more concerned about the lack of hard aspects. Someone with too many soft aspects have this problem of lack of drive. I don't mean anything, but because things come to them so easily, they take things for granted and become rather unmotivated.

On the other hand, your MC and Sun have few soft aspects. Usually people can find motivation from the hard aspects and move forward to their career sastifaction. But because you have so many soft aspects, you are ill-equiped to deal with the challenge the Sun and MC throw to you, and you end up feeling discouraged instead. Yeah, I'm talking about the Sun and MC because they are often regarded as the placements of purpose.

Before I can offer more insight, I need to know what you like in life. With heavy water, Gemini MC and Leo Mercury, I'm thinking you might like writing, especially fiction writing. You also need to take extra effort to overcome the feeling of passiveness. You are fortunate enough to have Sun in Leo, the strongest place for the Sun. It will make it easier for you to fulfill your Sun's need.

I'm also kind of interested in your Taurus NN in 9H. Any chance that you have so much interest that you can't pick one?

My pleasure :wink:

JUPITERASC

Moon was in the VII sign [drowning on the east horizon] from the Ascendant [west horizon].

Interpretations is missed in Valens' book, might need help. :biggrin:
Ascendant cannot aspect anything
BUT
Moon MAY aspect ascendant
so it appears there is an aspect with Moon in this chart :smile:
also interesting that the situation may change
if chart is viewed sidereally

Lionfish11

Thank you ALL for your responses and input. It is so much appreciated. :)

Greybeard: Can you tell me what you see with the Uranus - Pluto - Asc? I did some research and the Pluto conjunct Asc person can be quite unpleasant to be around - controlling, manipulative in an underhanded way. That is not me at all, I'm quite the opposite but I can sense those kinds of people a mile a way. In fact, I have a sweet friend who sees only the good in everyone that I've had to break the news to about the intentions of some people she had befriended.

JupiterAsc: That is great advice about the quicksand, both literally and proverbially. Maybe working on my sidestroke will help me navigate this ;)
Just to confirm, I *do not* have an unaspected moon? Because what I read about an unaspected moon is pretty sad.

Gemini888: I can be extremely indecisive because I can see the pro's and con's of all options. I don't change jobs often BUT I do prefer working different part time jobs rather than one full time job because I can't stand being in one place every day, all day. My career history is in corporate environments and it was a slow, painful, soul-death for me.

My family and very close friends are very supportive with my emotional challenges and people I meet do find me pleasant but because I am so uncomfortable in social situations, I feel my pleasantness is more like trying to be agreeable so that I will be liked and accepted. It's like I'm mirroring them, being what they want me to be. It's a mask and its exhausting. And I believe people perceive that, even subconsciously, so making real friendships is difficult.

The soft aspects is something I didn't consider, as I've got A LOT to learn, but the consequences of them are, again, spot on. My motivation level is pretty much in the toilet most of the time but I believe (hope) it is because I have not yet found what really gives me a sense of purpose. Things don't come easy for me though and I do feel ill-equipped and extremely discouraged with life in general. I'm 52, when does it get easier? I'm ready to retire. :)

I have interests but none are enough to make me want to jump out of bed (or pay enough to cover the mortgage). I am envious of those who have passions like that. Writing has never been an interest. I can write a good business letter and am better at writing my thoughts/feelings than speaking them, for sure. But I do prefer working with my hands and making things or, especially, repairing things. I used to be a helpdesk technician. I also replaced my lawnmower's carburetor by watching youtube videos. :) I'm good at stuff like that.

In my research, I've also read that I'm supposed to love working with groups of people and be in service, or perhaps it's my lesson to learn this time around, because I really don't like working in groups - too many personality conflicts which I don't have patience for.

You have truly put a lot of time into helping me and I want to you know I do appreciate it very much. I wish I could buy you a cup of tea!

SunConjunctUranus

Can you tell me what you see with the Uranus - Pluto - Asc? I did some research and the Pluto conjunct Asc person can be quite unpleasant to be around - controlling, manipulative in an underhanded way. That is not me at all, I'm quite the opposite but I can sense those kinds of people a mile a way. In fact, I have a sweet friend who sees only the good in everyone that I've had to break the news to about the intentions of some people she had befriended.

That's right, some astrologers using outer planets and even asteroids but astrologers back then isn't using outer planets and asteroids. If you do think you are not relate to outer planets then it might be interesting to use 7 planets with Saturn being the farthest. :biggrin:

Excuse me, are you working at legal department?

greybeard

Lionfish....

The horoscope says nothing about you that is not true...guaranteed.

Cookbook astrology is not reliable. That's for guys like Gus, the fraud.

I have a trine, within degree, of Venus to Jupiter. But what the books say about that aspect...well, "That's not me." Not at all.

But that is because the books delineate the aspect out of context, do not consider the chart holistically.

That conjunction at your Asc IS YOU. No amount of running, hiding or denying will change that.

Notice that the conjunction is supported by sextiles...a sextile-trine-sextile Formation.

(Almost) All of us Delude ourselves about ourselves every day. It makes it possible to live with our demons if we paint them as saints.

Tezcatlipoca, the Aztec god whose name means "smoking mirror", when confronted by an enemy, holds up his mirror and makes the enemy see himself as he really is...and that enemy is thus devastated. And this same god is also "the enemy within", who has infiltrated our own camp. There is wisdom in the myth of Tezcatlipoca, for those who are not afraid to look in the smoking mirror we call horoscope.

Last edited:

greybeard

May I suggest that instead of looking at each of the aspects you have in that Water grand trine (6 planets) you instead set about studying the nature of the Water element?

Also, the chart you present does not show an actual trine aspect of Moon to the Venus-Mars partile conjunction in Cancer. That is an effective aspect; the separation is only 10*56'...And Moon rules the conjunction, plus there is mutual reception of Moon and Jupiter. The trine is applying. Besides, when there is such a powerful and. predominant configuration the participants are considered to be in aspect despite being "out of orb", which Moon is not.

Neptune is a preeminent power in the chart, dominant in the life.

The chart shows a very strong feminine character. If you are a male....

I have not calculated it, but it looks like the conj at the Asc is at midpoint of Moon/Saturn. If so it's significant.

Last edited: