Indicators of Passive Agressive Behavior

pudinnpop

Re: Indicators of Passive Agreesive Behavior

It is intresting that cancer comes up alot but what about a mars in pisces 12 th house,with an aqua moon 12 house?? from what ive seen of this person i speak of,hes very passive agressive with his mars being afflicted.His anger goes to one extreme to the next,being verbally abusive to goin thro periods of apathy and sulkiness and manipulations to get his own way,and also guilt is a big thing for him too he uses against others.Would this be considered passive agressive as well??

Kingsley

The passive agressive pesonality is sweet as pie on the outside, everything they say seems to have ones best interest at heart, however sometime afterwards (perhaps the next day) one is pulling the dagger out of ones back.

PA's are highly rebellious in a sweet and seemingly above board way. I have know some good ones with Mars in 12th. Doesn't matter what sign it seems.

kingsley

Ebenia

My brother has Mars in 12th and he is definately passive-agressive. Thank god he loves sports, so he can channel all that energy into that.

But I have some serious problems with one of my friends. I don't know what to do with her. She has very hardly aspected Mars in Aries, squaring Uranus, Saturn, Neptune and directly opposing MC. She also has Venus in Scorpio conjuct Pluto.

She has all the symptoms that smilingsteph said and because I am very sensitive Cancer-Moon with very many Neptune aspects, I have very hard time with her cause I feel every minute her anger. I love this girl, but it is just so hard...She has had some very bad experiences in her life and I understand very well why she is like this (protecting herself) but it is so **** hard for me. If I do not do EVERYTHING right ALL the time, I get bad looks and notes and evil words that are said in some odd way to make me feel completely bad. She does not have to be perfect (in her own words) "cause she is what she is" (Sun in Sagittarius) but I have to understand her and be something that she wants me to be ALL the time...That is so hard....

And I have Venus in Aquarius in 12th and many Neptune aspects, you can imagine how much I will do for her and how much I will adapt...I just don't know what to do...We have very good relationship, except for this. I am very hard for myself and when someone makes me feel even worse about myself than I already do...oh well, I just feel veeryyy bad. :D

If someone has found a way to deal with this kind of stuff, I would be very pleased to know about it.

Bizquit

It seems to me that there is a lot of misunderstanding about this problem. Being "passive" (lots of water, Mars in Cancer, etc.), and managing anger so that one does not explode, etc. does not make one a passive-aggressive! :)
(For PAB I understand a symptom of a personality disorder rather than a mild trait.)

My ex-husband showed PAB as part of a psychiatric disorder.
His chart has Mars (afflicted) in the first, and a rather complex pattern involving hard aspects between the Asc and its ruler, Mars' dispositor conj. MC (and both opp. Sun), and the ruler of MC which is the planet that "hurts" Mars the most. This planet is not Saturn as many could think but Pluto.

I don't think that we can say "Mars in Cancer" or "Mars in Water" are significators for this disorder without really understanding a bit more about the - allow me the term - physiology of the whole individual's chart and the behavioural patterns they present, their history, what triggers the behaviour, etc.

If anyone knows of other serious, clinically diagnosed cases of PAB, I would be interested to hear about them.

@Ebenia:
Serious cases need psychological help and treatment. Otherwise, they'll drive you mad and manipulate the situation and end up blaming you for it. Beware of falling into a situation were you feel responsible for this girl. I understand you want to help her, but if she is a Passive Agressive kind, then there is a limit to what you can do for her. The closer you become, the more you will suffer her "passive agression". PM me if you want.
Best,
Bizquit

Last edited:

Kingsley

Well said Bizquit, and a very intersting indicator for your ex husband. Sort of sticks right out.

best

Kingsley

katydid

Mars in the water signs

I would modify that to afflicted or debilitated Mars in water signs. If someone has a strongly placed Mars in Scorpio, with nice, supportive aspects, then I don't see that as an indication of passive/aggressive behavior. Even Mars in Pisces can be very direct, if there is an angular placement and a solid or grounding aspect from Saturn or the Sun , Jupiter perhaps.

AppLeo

I would modify that to afflicted or debilitated Mars in water signs. If someone has a strongly placed Mars in Scorpio, with nice, supportive aspects, then I don't see that as an indication of passive/aggressive behavior. Even Mars in Pisces can be very direct, if there is an angular placement and a solid or grounding aspect from Saturn or the Sun , Jupiter perhaps.

I suppose. Mars in cancer is pretty passive-agressive no matter what.

katydid

I think afflictions between Mars/Mercury, especially in mutable sign or cadent houses, can signify Passive- aggressive behavior patterns. [ one's actions do not match up with one's words]

One example that comes to mind is a long time friend, with Mars in Sag and Mercury squaring it from Pisces in the 4th house. She is a long time family friend, and has some nice qualities. She is helpful, funny, and very kind when she wants to be. But she has been very two-faced at times, telling me one thing and then saying another behind my back/ And when I confront her, she can be kind of passive/aggressive about it. Gives a weak, insincere, fake, sweet apology, couched in an explanation for her back stabbing behavior. [ I was going to tell you when I thought you could handle hearing it...] It really bugs me because she is at most of our big family functions and it kind of puts a damper on Thanksgiving sometimes...:pouty:

AppLeo

I think afflictions between Mars/Mercury, especially in mutable sign or cadent houses, can signify Passive- aggressive behavior patterns. [ one's actions do not match up with one's words]

One example that comes to mind is a long time friend, with Mars in Sag and Mercury squaring it from Pisces in the 4th house. She is a long time family friend, and has some nice qualities. She is helpful, funny, and very kind when she wants to be. But she has been very two-faced at times, telling me one thing and then saying another behind my back/ And when I confront her, she can be kind of passive/aggressive about it. Gives a weak, insincere, fake, sweet apology, couched in an explanation for her back stabbing behavior. [ I was going to tell you when I thought you could handle hearing it...] It really bugs me because she is at most of our big family functions and it kind of puts a damper on Thanksgiving sometimes...:pouty:

Shoot! I have Mercury semisquare Mars. But semisquares are weak I guess.

But that girl... Just don't let her come to thanksgiving and anything else. "Sorry, I can't handle your fakeness." And leave it at that. :sideways:

Last edited:

Kscar

Here's two great case studies. I know them personally.

Attachments

• D.jpg
    D.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 33
  • kc.jpg
    kc.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

anjelik

Passive aggressive behaviour and one friend comes to mind. He has a Pisces Sun, with a wide Mars conjunction. He also has his Pisces Mars square Neptune in Sag. I've watched him in relationships with women and he basically manipulates them into breaking up with him because he doesn't like to initiate confrontation. If he is annoyed or irritated, he will make snide little comments to try and get under your skin, instead of just being direct about what is bothering him. I'm fairly direct, so when he does it I call him out on it and then we have an actual discussion regarding what is bothering him. But I could see this really bothering others. Passive aggressive behaviour screams a Pisces Mars to me and square Neptune I think exaggerates that quality.