Mars in Libra? I don't understand you guys

summerrain

I have seen numerous videos about Mars (and Venus) in Libra and still don't understand this placement. It seems like Mars in Libra is turned on mostly by friendliness, polite manners, charm, and romance. It seems to me to be a Mars placement that transfigures love to the point of being more in love with the illusion of perfect love than the actual thing...

a) How do I know if Mars in Libra, for example, is just being friendly to me or flirting with me?
b) How do you get such a Mars placement to take initiative and not just be passive and wait for women to take initiative?
c) I have often read that Mars in Libra can be very romantic, reciting poetry, writing love letters for example, but where is the physical aspect? In contrast to e.g. Mars or Venus in Taurus, this aspect is completely outside except for the 'act'.
d) Sex is not always 'art'. It involves bodily fluids, every body has wrinkles or unsightly spots.... How does Mars in Libra deal with this?

Osamenor

Staff member
Do you yourself have Mars in Libra? Or are you trying to figure out a blanket description that applies to everyone who has Mars in Libra?

There's no such thing. All those descriptions you've read are cookbook astrology. They describe two ingredients in the birth chart, which is a stew of many, many ingredients.

If Mars in Libra were the only astrological placement a person had, perhaps any or all of the above would be true of them. But it's never anyone's only astrological placement. They also have their Sun, Moon, ascendant, and all their other planets. Even that Mars in Libra placement will show up differently depending on which house it's in, what kind of aspects it makes with other planets, and what the rest of the chart is like.

Assuming anything is true of all Mars in Libra people is like assuming tomato soup, red salsa, a BLT, and meatloaf with a dab of ketchup will all taste the same. They all have tomatoes as a common ingredient, but they're very, very different.

Osamenor

Staff member
So, to address your questions:

a) How do I know if Mars in Libra, for example, is just being friendly to me or flirting with me?
Ask. Just like with anyone else.

b) How do you get such a Mars placement to take initiative and not just be passive and wait for women to take initiative?

Having Mars in Libra doesn't make people passive. They may be fine initiative takers. If they're not, it all depends on the individual.

c) I have often read that Mars in Libra can be very romantic, reciting poetry, writing love letters for example, but where is the physical aspect? In contrast to e.g. Mars or Venus in Taurus, this aspect is completely outside except for the 'act'.

Romantic styles have more to do with Venus than with Mars. Look to their Venus.

d) Sex is not always 'art'. It involves bodily fluids, every body has wrinkles or unsightly spots.... How does Mars in Libra deal with this?

Sex is also very much a Venus thing. Look to both Venus and Mars, for someone's approach to it. Also look to their eighth house, and their fifth. Those are the sex houses. The sign of Mars without those other things doesn't really tell us.

Frisiangal

To add to Osamenor's comments, and if you're not just interested in romantic ties .....which Mars doesn't really take to ....:

E.G:-
Mars of Aries is an active energy force, instinctual of nature.
A Mars in Libra is in the opposing sign of its natural sign, Aries. If it's going to work through Libra means, it will still have it's 'me first' nature with which to contend.
Makes it an excellent position for those one-to-one competitive sports and games in which its winner instinct is challenged. Don't expect it to take 2nd place willingly, even to a child. :wink:
Libra diplomacy and ability to consider others is not in Mars' nature. It will expect to be put first in all things. Mars friction can arise in debate which Libra will attempt to soothe. Yet don't expect any soft words and music.
That same nature can also help make an excellent diplomat/ politician, but not so much a negotiator. The latter does need to be able to see both sides of the same situation. Mars cannot.
In relationships Mars is the 'raging hormones' and 'lustful appetite.'Love doesn't enter into it. It cannot commit to a relationship, let alone a specific person. It's the conquest that is important to it; the animal instinct that is eased.
Mars will work hard to use its active energy in any Libra type occupation, especially where 'beauty' can be attracted/attractive. Coiffure, chic clothes, strong attracting perfume/cologne that may even replace the physical odour, abbatoir or surgeon apron, bus driver's uniform, etc. worn during the day.

In Libra, Mars as traditional ruler, and more active in youth, of Scorpio is strictly an emotional force of nature. It runs deep and may not be easily accessible to others. The strong, silent type that enhances a 'sex appeal' that can be an irrisistible force by its mere presence. It will recognise that others play a significant role in its life and may be more attentive towards them than its Aries brother.
It could portray a jealous anger that Mars of Aries is not aware exists.
If swords cross, Mars of Aries can get angry, be over it in a minute, and walk away; Mars of Scorpio can develop into a deep rage that can 'feel' murderous of nature ...even if it doesn't actually occur.
Makes this Mars very good in legal councilling work in disputes of all kinds, as its Scorpio roots will dig deep to get to the bottom of things.

That said, planetary energy seldom works alone and will be affected by the functions of other planets to which it is ... or isn't ... linked through aspect.

:smile:

sentR89day

You have to read their actions rather than their words! I get it, not all Mars in Libras are the same, but a lot have that indirect kind of communication that is hard to read, at times! The worst of Mars in Libra, or just Libra energy, in general, is that they can lead you on, because they don't want to hurt your feelings!

You have to be a bit more intuitive with Mars in Libra than with Mars in Aries! Mars in Libra also likes to flirt and tease, people won't admit it though! LMAO!

BOOGY99

Hey

My partner has Mars in Libra and I have Venus in libra. (conjunct) The one thing I can say with our placements is being an AIR sign we love to talk, and this is a turn on for both of us. (Not going into detail lol :love:) So we are a match cause communication stimulates sexual desire for us, but it may not do if your sign is incompatible. x

sentR89day

Hey

My partner has Mars in Libra and I have Venus in libra. (conjunct) The one thing I can say with our placements is being an AIR sign we love to talk, and this is a turn on for both of us. (Not going into detail lol :love:) So we are a match cause communication stimulates sexual desire for us, but it may not do if your sign is incompatible. x

They love to tease (in a friendly way), flirt, and play a little! I have a Mars in Libra friend! They're definitely not for everyone! I love them, though!

Junode33

I have mars in libra but i dont know how it affects me really aside from i want fairness in everything. I heard we can be wishy washy though.. but i have gemini sun which is already an indecisive planet.

BOOGY99

They love to tease (in a friendly way), flirt, and play a little! I have a Mars in Libra friend! They're definitely not for everyone! I love them, though!

Think it can apply to Venus in Libra too I guess, but yeah My Boyfriend is a tease and flirty, caught him out a few times but I just Laugh lol

BOOGY99

my guy is not passive aggressive its just a short temp whole of the birth chart he is bossy lol again i have sun con Uranus i wont be bossed about xxxxx

Nicki

Mars in libra is very agrressive just not loud like Mars in Aries
I have Mars in libra in my 7th house and I don’t shout very loud but I am very easy to anger. I can be really aggressive and even violent if I am irritated

AstrologyMangalBhawan

Hello Friends,

Through this post, I want to discuss Mars being situated in Libra, so that it can help all of you in understanding the effect of this planet.

1. Meaning of Mars:
Mars, a planet in our solar system, primarily symbolizes inspiration, energy, and courage. It is associated with the Lord of War, making this planet reflect a positive attitude towards war, courage and enthusiasm.

2. Nature of Libra:
The nature of Libra is gentle and balanced. People of this zodiac sign establish wisdom, gentleness, and support.

3. Mars in Libra:
Mars in Libra can make a person more cooperative and productive. It gives a person a sense of empathy and harmony, which can improve his partner and relationships.

4. Challenges:
However, there may be some challenges with Mars being in Libra. Due to this, a person may feel the need to work hard to maintain his willpower.

5. Suggestion:
If you have Mars in Libra and are finding it difficult to understand this time, it is suggested that you pay attention to channelize your energy and maintain harmonious relationships.

Hope this post helps you understand the impact of Mars in Libra. If you have any questions, please ask, I'm here to help you.

Thank you!

BOOGY99

I get very confused when one just focuses on just one placement eg Mars in Libra. I think you have to look at the chart as a whole. For example, is Mars angular, what are the aspects Etc. My partner has Mars in Libra but in 8th house?? Like me i have Mars in Cancer but in 10th. The houses are compatible but the signs are quoted as not?? As my venus and partners Mars is conjunct in libra and also in Davidson chart conjunct, I would say there is a strong attraction. x

Humanitarian

I have a draconic Mars in Libra, and for me, Mars in Libra (natal) fights for just causes, and especially social justice. Mars in Libra is also kind of flirtatious when deal with a partner, and especially new ones, and they can be passive-aggressie, depend on how evolved they are.