Power in a birth chart? What makes someone 'powerful'?

Imperial1922

depends on your definition of power. ill give you my opinion on power. if you mean Powerful as someone with a strong will or is determined, id say pluto aspects. i have a mars in pisces square pluto (exact) and i can tell you i always have a driving force and love to become successful or have authority. but thats also my capricorn sun talking haha.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_lel.15000.2365.gif
    astro_2gw_01_lel.15000.2365.gif
    50.1 KB · Views: 31

Holist

Hard to say. Each of the planets has its own kind of power. Saturn tends to be the overlord and teacher, Jupiter tends to be expansive and larger than life, Mars has will and force, Pluto has depth and passion, Venus has love and receptivity, the Moon is intuitive, Neptune is psychic and merging, Uranus liberates and reveals, the Sun brings light to everything, Mercury has intellect and organization.

I guess if you're talking about traditional worldly power, I'd look at how Mars and Pluto are placed.

waterbaby12

are there any aspects in my chart that could help with regards to power or a driving force?

Attachments

• meeeee.gif
    meeeee.gif
    49.4 KB · Views: 60

theV

are there any aspects in my chart that could help with regards to power or a driving force?

Part of your power lies in the ability to exercise influence over others. Sun almost rising, conjunct the Ascendant, gives you natural charisma, masculine power, sunny and leadership qualities. This leads you to be a natural confident person who is meant to shine and command. Scorpio moon which is fixed gives you the inclination to have emotional strength, patience and endurance. Trine the Sun makes you feel comfortable in your skin and enhance your sunny/leadership qualities. The water combo endow you with the ability to have sixth sense, intuition, empathy and understanding of motivations and behaviors, a natural psychologist. But beware of reading people's wrong.

Abby83

Everyone has their own personal power. Yours is all about transformation and regeneration. Pretty much, anything scorpio like which is what pluto rules. You are powerful with your values, income, and whatever the 12th house means to you.

Last edited:

ashriia

thankyou! what about to look for in other peoples chart?
strong indications? A lot of Aries perhaps?

Power is the domain of Pluto and all it encompasses.

Aries is not power- Aries is ruled by Mars, mars is action- a go getter. Drive/Action can bring people to power for sure if mars is angular. Not sure if that is what you are talking about though.

For worldly power, or a reputation of being a powerful figure you need to look at the Midheaven and 10th house. 10th rules over reputation.

Abby83

Aries is not power- Aries is ruled by Mars, mars is action- a go getter. Drive/Action can bring people to power for sure if mars is angular. Not sure if that is what you are talking about though.

For worldly power, or a reputation of being a powerful figure you need to look at the Midheaven and 10th house. 10th rules over reputation.

Exactly what I was gonna say :).

Imperial1922

I know this is a bit off topic, but my Midheaven is in Gemini. I have no planets in Gemini, but I have other stuff going on, such as pluto aspecting my mars in pisces, Jupiter in aries in the 8th, capricorn sun, would that give worldly success? In the sense of being powerful?

david starling

I know this is a bit off topic, but my Midheaven is in Gemini. I have no planets in Gemini, but I have other stuff going on, such as pluto aspecting my mars in pisces, Jupiter in aries in the 8th, capricorn sun, would that give worldly success? In the sense of being powerful?

The price of power is responsibility. And what you you do with power defines your character. How do you feel about the burden of responsibility and having your character put to the test?

Chillaxer

Pluto is exalted in Pisces and with a Capricorn sun forming a nice sextile it could mean worldly success.

Imperial1922

The price of power is responsibility. And what you you do with power defines your character. How do you feel about the burden of responsibility and having your character put to the test?

Here is my take on it. I feel it not being a burden, rather much like destiny for me. In a way I want to strive for a high position in life. Those that tend to look for power is because of a sense of powerlessness at a young age in their lives. I am one of those cases. I have always felt since a kid a need to feel successful, a need to become a leader in some way. I always hated weaknesses. I'm not proud to say this, but at times I have done ruthless things to get to what I want. My character is of someone who can understand people understand how things work, and put myself as a hands-on kind of leader.

Imperial1922

Pluto is exalted in Pisces and with a Capricorn sun forming a nice sextile it could mean worldly success.

I forgot to mention, my pluto is in sagittarius, and its forming a tight square with my mars in pisces, i have pleanty of aspects on my mars with a square pluto, sextile saturn, trine moon ect.. but other than that I feel a sense of direction that leads to wanting control in a way.