Not Behaving Like Mars Sign

Tla26

For the first time in my limited study of astrology, I've looked at a chart where the person doesn't act like their Mars sign totally.

What gives? Do aspects or house placement alter it?

belabismo

Yes. And other things going on in the chart. For example, I am an Aries Sun in the 8th house and also have Virgo rising, for one. I'm generally not outgoing and when I was younger I was extremely shy. But I am "supposed" to be outgoing as an Aries if you did not factor in these other pieces of the chart.

You could look to many aspects in my chart to see I am more reserved and private in general.

I hope that helps.

Tla26

Yes. And other things going on in the chart. For example, I am an Aries Sun in the 8th house and also have Virgo rising, for one. I'm generally not outgoing and when I was younger I was extremely shy. But I am "supposed" to be outgoing as an Aries if you did not factor in these other pieces of the chart.

You could look to many aspects in my chart to see I am more reserved and private in general.

I hope that helps.

Makes sense! Thank you so kindly! This person I'm talking about loves a good debate--hence the Cap Mars in their chart squares Libra Mercury. This individual is a little more outgoing than most Cap Mars. Nothing else in their chart shows that...hmm! I don't know their birth time so I'm assuming if I did, it would explain things!

Hermeshadesluna

Makes sense! Thank you so kindly! This person I'm talking about loves a good debate--hence the Cap Mars in their chart squares Libra Mercury. This individual is a little more outgoing than most Cap Mars. Nothing else in their chart shows that...hmm! I don't know their birth time so I'm assuming if I did, it would explain things!

Since their Mercury is in a masculine sign, an air placement to boot, squaring their mars; that gives them the desire to communicate and socialize. Since its in Libra, they're just trying to relate to others about practical matters (Cap). Makes them a mental warrior of sorts, especially with the hard aspects.

Tla26

Since their Mercury is in a masculine sign, an air placement to boot, squaring their mars; that gives them the desire to communicate and socialize. Since its in Libra, they're just trying to relate to others about practical matters (Cap). Makes them a mental warrior of sorts, especially with the hard aspects.
Spot on! 👌 This person channels it into intelligent debate. But they're also very touchy-feely which seems odd for their chart. We don't know their birth time but they are physically affectionate and show care.

Hermeshadesluna

Spot on! 👌 This person channels it into intelligent debate. But they're also very touchy-feely which seems odd for their chart. We don't know their birth time but they are physically affectionate and show care.
Must be either strong moon, Venus or water placements; but we would have to see their chart to tell. Also water house placements, but sine we don't have the birth time then we just have to go by aspects.

katydid

Mars is exalted in Capricorn. Mars is in a cardinal sign and very outgoing and assertive and ambitious in Cap. Cap is an Earth sign, so it makes sense the Mars in Cap would be touchy feely and affectionate.

I have Mars in Cap and I am very cuddly and affectionate. :innocent: