Aqua Sun, Aries Moon, Pisces Rising

heretolearn

Hello everyone! I'm a new member of the forum, but have been lurking a bit as a reader for a while. I've long had an interest in astrology, but I'm very much a novice.

I've posted my natal chart to this thread if anyone wants to take a gander and give me their impression of what they see: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55762
Doesn't have to be a comment about the 29th degree- that's just something that I came across recently and don't know very much about (not sure of its significance).

I hope to learn more in this forum about astrology, and about myself.

Thanks!

miquar

Hi heretolearn. Welcome to the forum. I haven't looked at your chart, but its interesting that your Sun, Moon and Ascendant cover three consecutive signs. I've been giving a lot of thought lately to the zodiac as a cycle - using Rudhyar's The Pulse Of Life as a starting point. From the first point of Capricorn to the first point of Gemini the days are increasing in length (Northern Hemisphere), and this can be seen as symbolic of an increasing sense of individuality. So even though Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces are collective signs (symbolised by the nights being longer than the days when the Sun is in these signs in the Northern Hemisphere), the individual is emerging from the peak of collective consciousness at the first point of Capricorn. In Capricorn the newly emerging sense of individuality feels small and afraid, and it is the challenge of Capricorn to confront these fears and choose integrity over conformity. In Aquarius, the budding sense of individuality has become more established (the days are getting longer), and so there is rebellion against any social structures that stand in the way of the realisation of the community of humanity. Then in Pisces, although it is considered the most collective of the signs, it is a preparation for the sense of individuality to triumph over collective consciousness at the first point of Aries. In Pisces, everything dissolves (which is as liberating as it is engulfing because all the dogma left over from Capricorn and Aquarius finally dissolves). So Aquarius, Pisces and Aries are all concerned with the release of individuality. Aquarius and Pisces are very complicated signs because collective consciousness is still stronger and yet the urge towards individuality is growing. In Aries, it feels like a more straightforward expression of individuality, but all three signs still share this common theme of the search for individual self-hood. I suppose Aquarius and Pisces just want everyone else to realise that potential too, where as in Aries there is a sense of needing to really live that potential in an immediate way. It strikes me as a combination that would want to fight for the underdog. Aries gets to live the ideal of self-hood by being the hero, while the ethics of Aquarius and the compassion of Pisces are expressed through the fight too.

Anyway, hope that make's sense. If this thread evolves into a discussion of your chart including input from yourself, I'd be interested to look at your chart and join in.

Last edited:

waybread

Welcome. One thing that pops out about your chart is your heavy emphasis in air and fire. One interpretation of this combination is "the excitement of ideas."

heretolearn

Hi miquar, thank you for visiting my thread. Speaking generally, I would say that much of your post strikes me as being sensible. Speaking personally, I think my actual planetary placements affect the expression of some of those attributes and characteristics you mentioned. I'll endeavor to have a more detailed reply soon speaking more specifically about this. :)

heretolearn

Hi waybread. Thanks for visiting my thread. :) I think overall, my chart has a greater emphasis on fire and water, than say air. That said, I do agree with the "excitement of ideas" interpretation you threw out. The devil is in the details, as they say, and I hope to learn more about them here. Hopefully from senior members like yourself :)

heretolearn

Hi heretolearn. Welcome to the forum. I haven't looked at your chart...
Anyway, hope that make's sense. If this thread evolves into a discussion of your chart including input from yourself, I'd be interested to look at your chart and join in.
Given the more or less bowl shape of my chart, I suppose it makes it a bit more likely for sun, moon, and ascendant to cover consecutive signs than, say, a splash; I’m not sure if there is inherent significance in this detail. Libra through Aries are respectively represented by one or more planets in my natal.
As it all relates to my chart, I have Mercury in Capricorn so there can be a rather systematic approach to things and a desire for practicality. And the occasional wearing of crankypants. Both Sun and Venus are in Aqua for me, which no doubt lends to some detachment/aloofness/intellectualizing, rather than the feelings that Pisces wants me to have (which naturally I don’t at all understand :sick:), and finally Aries, who says to get to the point already, and that this post is entirely too long.

Now the TL;DR section:

Re: your comments on Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces, and Aries. Let me know if you think I’ve made any sense of your post, or if my digestion has only caused indigestion.

Back when I had just barely more than a passing interest in astrology, it was rather frustrating to read the descriptions of Aquarians that essentially amounted to “alien on earth- we’ve got a strange one here.” That sort of description does little to really delve into the depths of any sign, but does, I suppose, pay some service to capturing the potential quirkiness of Aqua. In going back to your post, I would agree that Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces embody different aspects of Individuality. While perhaps all three might be labeled as potentially eccentric, I would peg the Cappy energy as the “eccentric” whose nonconformity would more likely be a crankier, more hermit-like version that might, for instance, eschew technology and maintain practices more formal/dated/defunct as a means of asserting said individuality. Think “everyone’s got a smart phone these days, but I’m doing just fine with my landline,” or the rear face of Janus. Aquarius, on the other hand, I see as breaking away from the norm by growing out of the traditions of the past, in favor of smartphones in every shape and color that can be customized to reflect one’s own brand of individuality. That is Aquarian individuality that I associate with the forward face of Janus, seeking a shiny new future where everyone can be “him/herself.” Pisces, as I see it, is something different from the other two as I feel it embodies a more ethereal, less corporeal grasp on individuality. “You don’t need landlines or smartphones. When you transcend your physical encumbrances, you will gain your pure self, at its most individual. Then we can all live harmoniously in one world in our most authentic forms.”
Aries, I think, is altogether different. Certainly the self is the focus here, but more in the context as appears in the word “selflish” though I don’t mean to characterize the sign as such. Rather, things are more direct and straightforward here.

Should I get the antacid out?

miquar

Hi. Yes my thoughts on the Sun, Moon and Ascendant signs are diluted by the placements of planets across the other collective signs. But its interesting that all of your personal planets and the ascendant are between Capricorn and Aries, while the Libra to Sagittarius planets are all social and collective planets. Its a very interesting chart. Libra to Sagittarius marks the fulfilment of the social organism, and so you could read this as saying you were born at time when collective trends (social and collective planets) were towards realising the ideal of the community. But your personal planets are in signs in which the individuality is trying to emerge from under the weight of the of crystallised form of those communal ideals that came into being at the first point of Capricorn. I don't know if this will represnt a recognisable theme in your life, or if it would a subtle undercurrent which is obscured by things like aspects etc. But there could be a sense of you asking questions about the communal ideals which are taken for granted by your generation as a whole.

I enjoyed your commentary on the signs. I think you're grasp of astrology is probably a lot better than you realise.

You chart is also very interesting in terms of element balance. Sun and Venus in Aquarius suggest that you value civility, rationality, independence and principles, but Mars and Ascendant in Pisces suggest that your natural way of asserting yourself in the world is more instinctive and more influenced by imagination and psychic attunement to others. You mentioned that your Pisces feelings are something that naturally you don't understand. Does this mean that you are more of an air type who has lots of feelings that seem to just be around a lot? There is a strong pull between air and water in this chart because both are well represented and they are opposite ways of evaluating. But you said in your response to Waybread that you see the emphasised elements as fire and water - does that mean that you feel yourself to be watery more than airy? The strength of Neptune and Pluto in the chart add to the watery feel of it, but Saturn in water may inhibit the flow of feelings, and Moon in fire may not have time to feel them!

There seems to be a lot of restlessness in the Jupiter Uranus Mars configuration in mutable signs (also Moon in Aries trine the angular Neptune). Also, there looks to be a lot of willfulness and determination in the Sun Saturn Pluto configuration with Sun and Saturn in fixed signs (also Moon in Aries opposite Pluto). This latter configuration is being transited by Saturn of course at the moment, so you may get deeper understanding of what it is that motivates your will an informs your sense of who you are. Transiting Uranus will come back to make one last trine to the natal Jupiter Uranus conjunction at the same time, so it could be an interesting time with transiting Neptune back on that Mars configuration too. You'll probably need something to take you out of yourself, but hopefully transiting Saturn will stop things getting too manic, and also the natal Mars Saturn trine, which I imagine has been a very useful aspect for you to have given the lack of earth in the chart.

heretolearn

Hi miquar, thanks for your reply, and for your kind words on my grasp of astrology (I'm still very much learning). I'm on mobile right now so I'll have to thank you properly later. I think waybread might have been right but in the "fire + water => air" way? It's also very possible that maybe my original reckoning was wrong. I'll come back later to elaborate and address some of the points you've made. :)

heretolearn

Hi. Yes my thoughts on the Sun, Moon and Ascendant signs are diluted by the placements of planets across the other collective signs. But its interesting that all of your personal planets and the ascendant are between Capricorn and Aries, while the Libra to Sagittarius planets are all social and collective planets.
It sounds like there may be particular significance to this configuration, but I don’t yet know.
Its a very interesting chart. Libra to Sagittarius marks the fulfilment of the social organism, and so you could read this as saying you were born at time when collective trends (social and collective planets) were towards realising the ideal of the community. But your personal planets are in signs in which the individuality is trying to emerge from under the weight of the of crystallised form of those communal ideals that came into being at the first point of Capricorn. I don't know if this will represnt a recognisable theme in your life, or if it would a subtle undercurrent which is obscured by things like aspects etc. But there could be a sense of you asking questions about the communal ideals which are taken for granted by your generation as a whole.
I found that last part interesting, but don't know enough to comment.
You chart is also very interesting in terms of element balance. Sun and Venus in Aquarius suggest that you value civility, rationality, independence and principles,
Yes, this is true.
but Mars and Ascendant in Pisces suggest that your natural way of asserting yourself in the world is more instinctive and more influenced by imagination and psychic attunement to others.
Unfortunately, I think air can at times override water here, sometimes to my detriment. I’ve found instinct to be often correct, but too often only in hindsight.
You mentioned that your Pisces feelings are something that naturally you don't understand. Does this mean that you are more of an air type who has lots of feelings that seem to just be around a lot?
When it comes to feelings/situations, I’d much rather prefer to focus on the factual/logical/rational rather than the watery realm because it seems to make things easier to deal with/less complicated. So I suppose in this way, air wins out over water, whose influence is something I feel less comfortable dealing with. Emotional displays can have a shocking effect on me, depending on the situation.
There is a strong pull between air and water in this chart because both are well represented and they are opposite ways of evaluating. But you said in your response to Waybread that you see the emphasised elements as fire and water - does that mean that you feel yourself to be watery more than airy?
My comment to waybread was based on some chart breakdowns I’d seen in the past on astrotheme that placed my % of water as being greater than air. However, I’ve also read that strong fire can have a way of changing water to vapor/air, so I think waybread is right and air does ultimately win out over water in my case.
That said, I recently came across a version of my chart that includes aspects to the nodes (as well as Chiron, Lilith), and if one were to count true node at 3degrees 54’ Cancer, then a Grand Trine is formed by Mars, Node, Saturn in Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio, respectively. I’ll attach it to this post. This configuration should supposedly put me in better touch with my feelings, yes? Or is there a different implication? While I’m still not too sure on that part, I think the water aspect does come through in intuition, as I might just feel/know something. Back when I was involved in a romantic relationship, I was pretty frequently able tell things (nothing major, just like knowing I would get a call a minute or two before the phone rang, etc.) that rather freaked out my ex.
The strength of Neptune and Pluto in the chart add to the watery feel of it, but Saturn in water may inhibit the flow of feelings, and Moon in fire may not have time to feel them!
I think Saturn definitely has an effect, as does the placement of the Moon opposite the light and cheery Saturn and Pluto, but the feelings are definitely floating around somewhere.

There seems to be a lot of restlessness in the Jupiter Uranus Mars configuration in mutable signs (also Moon in Aries trine the angular Neptune). Also, there looks to be a lot of willfulness and determination in the Sun Saturn Pluto configuration with Sun and Saturn in fixed signs (also Moon in Aries opposite Pluto). This latter configuration is being transited by Saturn of course at the moment, so you may get deeper understanding of what it is that motivates your will an informs your sense of who you are.
Is this Saturn transit ending soon? I think at this point, I’m starting to feel that a large motivating factor/area of concern involves finding a mate, which is in stark contrast to my perspective on romantic relationships in years prior. But since there’s no prospects at the moment, I suppose this is kind of moot.
Transiting Uranus will come back to make one last trine to the natal Jupiter Uranus conjunction at the same time, so it could be an interesting time with transiting Neptune back on that Mars configuration too.
Can you tell me more about what you mean by “interesting” in this case?
You'll probably need something to take you out of yourself, but hopefully transiting Saturn will stop things getting too manic, and also the natal Mars Saturn trine, which I imagine has been a very useful aspect for you to have given the lack of earth in the chart.
I definitely think the “heaviness” of Saturn comes through, as well as through the Mercury in Capricorn aspect.

I'm glad you find my chart interesting. Thanks for your comments, miquar. Again they’ve got me thinking.

Attachments

• gtrine.JPG
    gtrine.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 22

waybread

Heretolearn, there are many ways to get a sense of which elements are strongest in a chart. One way is to do a simple frequency count. However, I would give preference to the sun, moon, ascendant, and inner planets over the outer planets and minor points, as the former are really the "me" points in your chart.

I thought about your Pisces rising, but I note that it is in a very late degree. A birth time that is even five minutes off could put your rising sign in Aries. Pisces rising could account for your intuitive nature, but so could your moon trine Neptune or other factors involving your vertex (you can find your vertex point at Astrodienst, then look for septiles (aspects of 360/7) to it. This according to Australian astrologer www.aliceportman.com .

However, there is certainly a case to be made for a predominantly fire-water chart. This would give a lot of energy and expression (fire) to your feelings (water.) And maybe all 3 should be accepted as prominent, still leaving the earth element as less significant in your chart.

You can check out transit dates through the ephemeris at Astrodienst. It's located in the menu on the left-hand side of the home page.

Have you tried a reputable Internet dating site?

heretolearn

Hi waybread, thanks for writing again. About my birth time: I'm fairly sure it's accurate as it's listed as 9:56am, which is a rather "unround" number. Of course it could still be possible that a nurse/doctor's watch was off, but I'm inclined to think it accurate as I've been told I came across as mysterious... which I think lends a bit more support to the Pisces Asc. That said, it would only take about 3 minutes to move Asc. into Aries, which would change a lot about my chart. :unsure:
Heretolearn, there are many ways to get a sense of which elements are strongest in a chart. One way is to do a simple frequency count. However, I would give preference to the sun, moon, ascendant, and inner planets over the outer planets and minor points, as the former are really the "me" points in your chart.
Thanks for explaining this.
Pisces rising could account for your intuitive nature, but so could your moon trine Neptune or other factors involving your vertex (you can find your vertex point at Astrodienst, then look for septiles (aspects of 360/7) to it. This according to Australian astrologer www.aliceportman.com .
Vertex according to Astrodienst is Virgo: 29d36'14" but I don't see any aspects except for trine Sun, square Neptune, and semi-sextile Pluto. It's also just a few minutes from DC. So Vertex conjunct Descendant? Asc, IC, DC, MC are all in 29 degrees for me. :unsure:
However, there is certainly a case to be made for a predominantly fire-water chart. This would give a lot of energy and expression (fire) to your feelings (water.) And maybe all 3 should be accepted as prominent, still leaving the earth element as less significant in your chart.

You can check out transit dates through the ephemeris at Astrodienst. It's located in the menu on the left-hand side of the home page.
Thanks.
Have you tried a reputable Internet dating site?
:lol: More out of curiosity. I've been told that I'm extremely picky. I think it's a pretty fair assessment. I'm also not really in a hurry to rush into anything. I actually felt like I might have met "the one" :rolleyes: a few months back, but that's sort of frittered out so who knows. I don't have a birth time, anyway. I'm going to read more from the link you provided. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

heretolearn

Looks like a mod moved my thread to the reading charts section. Thanks! :)

I agree this is now more appropriate given the discussions that were taking place. I'll add a copy of my chart including transits for good measure. :tongue:

Was wondering if anyone else would be willing to give me their impressions on my chart?

For a more specific query, if I'm counting correctly, it seems that Pluto has the most aspects in my chart. What impact does this have on relationships? I've read much of what I could find online, but always appreciate links. Thanks.

Last edited:

miquar

Hi. Having internet problems so just a quick response from my phone.

The last degree of Pisces and the first degree of Aries are the fastest rising degree in the northern hemisphere, so if you were born quite far north of the equator a birth time recorded a minute or so early could make you an Aries rising. But times are more likely to be recorded late. Even if you were Aries rising you might still feel a lot like a Pisces rising due to Mars in Pisces in the 12th house and Neptune aspecting the angles.

I thought the transits looked interesting because there is a broad mixture of strong themes all at once.

heretolearn

Hi again, miquar. Sorry to hear about your internet. Just wanted to say that I was born not quite 30 degrees from the equator, so I'm thinking you wouldn't consider that to be very far north. I know there are ways to rectify birth times, but I definitely don't know how to do it as it's way over my head right now.
Hi. Having internet problems so just a quick response from my phone.

I thought the transits looked interesting because there is a broad mixture of strong themes all at once.
Interesting.

wilsontc

Staff member
Aries Moon

learn,

You said:
Was wondering if anyone else would be willing to give me their impressions on my chart?

Following up on my general comments (made on someone else's thread) on how your :moon: in :aries: (action) indicates an interest in people who are "active" in some way:

Since your :moon: is in the being house, your :moon: is very personal to you, so this makes your interest in "active" people even stronger.

Guessing,

Tim

heretolearn

Re: Aries Moon

learn,

You said:

Following up on my general comments (made on someone else's thread) on how your :moon: in :aries: (action) indicates an interest in people who are "active" in some way:

Since your :moon: is in the being house, your :moon: is very personal to you, so this makes your interest in "active" people even stronger.

Guessing,

Tim
Interesting. Thanks for replying. Could you tell me what you mean by "active" as it strikes me that this could mean a number of things.

wilsontc

Staff member
active, to learn

learn,

You asked:
Interesting. Thanks for replying. Could you tell me what you mean by "active" as it strikes me that this could mean a number of things.

The energy of the first sign is the energy of something coming into being. If you think of the order of the signs as indicating a person's life, :aries: (Aries) comes at the beginning of all the signs. So Aries is the energy of birth, raw energy of potential, of doing things for the sake of doing things, of wanting things because you can't have them...that sort of thing. Of course, when a mature adult uses :aries: energy, they can use it in a different way, as a way to get things done, to motivate themselves, etc. :aries: by nature is a "raw," "fresh" energy that tends to do what it wants to do.

And you tend to want to be around people with this sort of energy (i.e., :moon: (people) in :aries:).

Explaining,

Tim

miquar

Re: active, to learn

Hi heretolearn. I don't know off the top of my head how fast those degrees rise at 30 degrees North, but significantly faster than the average of one degree in four minutes of time. But its more likely that your birth time is accurate or slightly late, because its been recorded to the minute. So I'd go with Pisces rising. Especially given what you said about the effect that feelings can have on you.

heretolearn

Re: active, to learn

Hi heretolearn. I don't know off the top of my head how fast those degrees rise at 30 degrees North, but significantly faster than the average of one degree in four minutes of time. But its more likely that your birth time is accurate or slightly late, because its been recorded to the minute. So I'd go with Pisces rising. Especially given what you said about the effect that feelings can have on you.
Hi miquar, thanks for coming back; I hope you're internet problems have all been solved.
Would you mind elaborating on your transits comment? I'm still trying to get the basics of that.

miquar

Hi. Transiting Neptune approaching the mutable Mars Jupiter Uranus square will perhaps take you out of yourself, but with a need to do something inspiring while you're 'out there'.

But first the Saturn return will happen, so a long hard look at where you've arrived at and whether you are being true to yourself, or to the expectations of others. You can lay some solid foundations for the next phase of your life during the Saturn return, and also possibly shed any responsibilities that you no longer wish to bare. You may have tended to put yourself under unnecessary pressure at times due to the natal Sun Saturn Pluto configuration. Now is the time to see if that Aquarius Sun needs liberating from a self-oppression (which includes any compulsion to rebel, which is itself a form of self-oppression). Issues around your father may be around at this time. Perhaps he reflected this Sun Saturn Pluto configuration back to you, and was quite controlled and/or controlling. You need to find your own way to express these energies, and the first step to doing this may be to forgive your father for his human foibles, and acknowledge any behavioural tendencies which you have inherited from him which you cannot consciously acknowledge or accept as part of yourself. This is just speculation, but its worth including just in case it rings true. If you do need to ask yourself these kinds of questions, painful though they can be, it will make the Saturn return less frustrating and the next phase of your life more fulfilling.

I would certainly just focus in the Saturn transit for the time being, as transiting Neptune is a way off yet. This transit also trines Mars in Pisces in the 12th, so perhaps an opportunity to do something concrete with that potentially slippery Mars. Again, your experience of your father may be relevant to how you experience this transit. He may have felt quite defeated on some level, and this may have rubbed off on you, Again, just speculation.