Chat Thread

conspiracy theorist

It’s not...?

By its very structure, rationality is limited. It works by taking a set of axioms (thus excluding others) and from those axioms it works within a narrow channel to come to its conclusions about knowledge/phenomena. To base your life on pure rationalism (especially the very material rationalism that dominates in modernity), what you're going to end up with is a lifestyle that is increasingly hollow and dead, as well as a life that is unable/unwilling to take into consideration other facets of reality that cannot be quantified or captured by rationality/discursive thought.

I think the faculty that is the "highest" is the faculty that allows the individual to percieve things directly/completely. To know something "in its being". That faculty is direct perception, or "intuition"

Highest knowledge is direct knowledge. So it stands to reason that the faculty that is able to acquire the highest knowledge is something that could be referred to as the "highest intellect". Mental constructs can only get so far, and are limited from there outset. The flame of direct experience that transforms the mind/life through the sheer intensity of contact vs. abstraction that can only ever achieve a fascimile of the things that it aims to describe.

AppLeo

By its very structure, rationality is limited. It works by taking a set of axioms (thus excluding others) and from those axioms it works within a narrow channel to come to its conclusions about knowledge/phenomena. To base your life on pure rationalism (especially the very material rationalism that dominates in modernity), what you're going to end up with is a lifestyle that is increasingly hollow and dead, as well as a life that is unable/unwilling to take into consideration other facets of reality that cannot be quantified or captured by rationality/discursive thought.

I think the faculty that is the "highest" is the faculty that allows the individual to percieve things directly/completely. To know something "in its being". That faculty is direct perception, or "intuition"

Highest knowledge is direct knowledge. So it stands to reason that the faculty that is able to acquire the highest knowledge is something that could be referred to as the "highest intellect". Mental constructs can only get so far, and are limited from there outset. The flame of direct experience that transforms the mind/life through the sheer intensity of contact vs. abstraction that can only ever achieve a fascimile of the things that it aims to describe.

I love it!!

I just need to re-read it a couple more times because I’m struggling to understand somewhat.

conspiracy theorist

How would you measure it. I read a few ways.

Is it angular? what's its sign?
what house it in apart from its angularity? How much planets does it rule in the chart? Is it afflicted? Is it conjunct any fixed stars? Is it making a phasis and/or station? What does it infuence in the chart by aspectual relationship? Look at all of those things and you should have a good idea as to how strong your jupiter is.

conspiracy theorist

what house it in apart from its angularity? How much planets does it rule in the chart? Is it afflicted? Is it conjunct any fixed stars? Is it making a phasis and/or station? What does it infuence in the chart by aspectual relationship? Look at all of those things and you should have a good idea as to how strong your jupiter is.

See if you could apply some of the things I mentioned to your chart. What do you come up with?

Love2Know

See if you could apply some of the things I mentioned to your chart. What do you come up with?

Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist:

Representation of jup out of planets low
Sign good in Pisces coruler house of other people’s money 8th etc ok
Semi afflicted with squares
Sun trine mars sextile
Mmmmm I would say it’s good.

conspiracy theorist

Your Jupiter is pretty good indeed. It's in sect, and oriental to the Sun (Mars, Jupiter and Saturn prefers to be ahead of the Sun). It's in its domicile too which counts for something.

It trines your Sun in Cancer, which happens to be your ascendant ruler, and better yet it's being recieved into its exaltation by the Sun, which boosts the efficacy of your Jupiter. I'd expect you to really have a great synergy working for you in the areas of your life governed by the 8th and 11th houses. It sounds very fortunate, if not for that....

Mars. It phucks schit up. An interplay between the 8th, 11th, and 5th.To take a stab in the dark, that sounds like a lot of squandered windfalls given to you by very generous friends and partners.

Love2Know

Your Jupiter is pretty good indeed. It's in sect, and oriental to the Sun (Mars, Jupiter and Saturn prefers to be ahead of the Sun). It's in its domicile too which counts for something.

It trines your Sun in Cancer, which happens to be your ascendant ruler, and better yet it's being recieved into its exaltation by the Sun, which boosts the efficacy of your Jupiter. I'd expect you to really have a great synergy working for you in the areas of your life governed by the 8th and 11th houses. It sounds very fortunate, if not for that....

Mars. It phucks schit up. An interplay between the 8th, 11th, and 5th.To take a stab in the dark, that sounds like a lot of squandered windfalls given to you by very generous friends and partners.

Hmm interesting... what do you mean by squandered windfalls? Opportunities I miss or waste?

conspiracy theorist

Hmm interesting... what do you mean by squandered windfalls? Opportunities I miss or waste?

Specifically, wasting the resources that you've gained through other people's money/resources (8th), friends/associates (11th), through wanton hedonistic behaviour (exalted out of sect Mars opposing Sun trine Jupiter)

AppLeo

Whats really intersting about your chart though is that your Mars and Sun are both opposite from one another like exactly. At least Mars is in Capricorn, so that's good.