Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 09-30-2015, 09:08 PM

Gemini Moon random thoughts

Hey Gemini Moons!

I was wondering if you have this same thing that I have. Sometimes I'll randomly wake up in the middle of the night and these random thoughts would run through my head, like "Aries..Taurus...School...Notebook" and random stuff like that. It's basically like 'thought vomit' if you think about it.

I have an Aquarius Sun so I'm not sure if it has any affect on this much (it trines my moon).

Unread 10-16-2015, 10:09 PM

Re: Gemini Moon random thoughts

Hey, fellow Gemini Moon.

I myself actually experience similar things! Sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night and just randomly think of things, and I can even remember things that I thought about the night before, every once in awhile!

I also find it very hard to sleep if I get stuck on a thought, idea, story, etc.

I have a Taurus Sun, no aspects from sun to moon.
Unread 10-16-2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronoodles View Post
Hey, fellow Gemini Moon.

I myself actually experience similar things! Sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night and just randomly think of things, and I can even remember things that I thought about the night before, every once in awhile!

I also find it very hard to sleep if I get stuck on a thought, idea, story, etc.

I have a Taurus Sun, no aspects from sun to moon.
That's interesting! I have my Sun trining my Moon, but I don't really think that any aspect to the sun would have such an effect. It makes more sense when in aspect to Neptune though, which in my case it is also trining Neptune.

Getting lost in thought actually makes me fall asleep easier though. Sometimes my head feels like a huge mess lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Electro DGX For This Useful Post:
Astronoodles (10-17-2015)
Unread 10-21-2015, 08:14 PM

Wink Re: Gemini Moon random thoughts

I have... 4th house, Moon in Gemini.

Well, when I try to explain myself, here I am... a Bible! I cannot explain a thing without chewing part to part. I like to make things clear enough. (Like a teacher who is the first entering the class and last one to go away from there).

But, I'm more introvert than outgoing person.

I like to express feelings drawing about them.... writing... Or imagining. I use a lot of words to express painful experiences, sometimes. But, it's difficult to express writing, as emotions really are.

If you find some English mistake, pardon me but that's not my native language.
Unread 10-22-2015, 01:33 AM

I'm an 8th house Gemini moon and I have had insomnia most of my life. I can never turn off my thoughts. I have 2 other planets in Gemini and whether they square or sextile other planets in my chart, the dynamic is to never 'shut down'....and a lot of the thoughts refer to how I feel in relation to 'the other' (8th house).
So....you're not alone.
LIN

"The universe does not care if it inconveniences you."
Unread 10-22-2015, 02:53 AM

Gemini Moon 12th house.. I don't have much trouble falling asleep, but I will often wake up with *brilliant* ideas or wonder at something which requires research or study or word processing! . ..sometimes my head gets too active from that point that I will be up for a few hours before going back to sleep. Sometimes I try to convince myself that it can wait until morning, but I just can't deal with it resounding in my head. I need the satisfaction of resolution.
Unread 11-01-2015, 10:27 PM

I am a gemini moon in house 12, house 12 is ruled by gemini!!!! I also have mercury in house 12.
Yes I have random thoughts, actually I dream a lot of random thoughts. I also have Aries MidHeaven and I'm always thinking...always thinking....
The aspect that I have too is my moon is opposite neptune. So yes....that makes sense to me, thought vomiting is a good way to put it.
Michelle
Unread 11-02-2015, 12:28 AM

Gemini moon in 2nd house, constant thoughts about writing stories
Unread 11-02-2015, 11:49 PM

9th house gemini moon, conjunct jupiter, opposite neptune.

I don't exactly have what you describe. I do feel more panicky & anxious at night when I'm tired, & it usually all seems a lot better, quieter & calmer in the morning.

I have awesome dreams though - the best part of my day! That might be the neptune influence.

I think the moon represents, among other things, our childlike vulnerable side, and I tend to show my gemini moon as verbal diarrhoea when I'm feeling ill - I just can't shut up, I just keep talking & talking even about really unimportant things. My mum said that's how she used to know I was really ill not just faking it when I was a child!
The Following User Says Thank You to junoisuppose For This Useful Post:
DrummerGirl (11-03-2015)
Unread 11-03-2015, 06:52 PM

junoisuppose,

I too have gemini moon opposite neptune residing in my 9th H conj NN, which can give creativity and psychic abilities. I've read some site say, it can create delusions and deceit although I consider myself fairly honest and suck at lying anyways

Last edited by DrummerGirl; 11-06-2015 at 03:41 PM.
Unread 11-06-2015, 12:58 PM

The question is a bit vague, nonetheless:

Gemini Moon 1st house tightly conjunct Jupiter and Mercury.

It's all about communication and writing for me, everything I write has an undertone of philosophical perspective.. languages and literature interest me.

I wouldn't say my thoughts are 'random'.. the conjunction probably has some sort of directing impact on that, my self-expression in person can be a bit eccentric when communicating..

The Internet is my drug of choice.
Lives in eternity's sun rise."
- William Blake.
Unread 11-07-2015, 10:26 PM

Thanks for all the replies!

I personally have my moon in the 8th house, and I can somewhat agree with the Insomnia, but for me it's not a major issue. My moon's major negative aspects are pretty much the opposition to Pluto in Sag (Hades moon) and the opposition to Chiron in Sag.

What I mean is that sometimes I'll randomly wake up in the middle of the night and my thoughts are running at lightning speed. It's in such a way that it seems as if my brain is on a never-ending roller coaster, and it also happens when I get sick too. It's the strangest thing, and I guessed it might have something to do with my moon in Gemini. I could be wrong though.

EDIT: Also my dreams are completely out of order and they make no logical sense, and it happens quite often lol.

Last edited by Electro DGX; 11-07-2015 at 10:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Electro DGX For This Useful Post:
mercurial (12-05-2015)
Unread 12-04-2015, 02:46 AM

Cool Re: Gemini Moon random thoughts

I have moon conjunct jupiter in Gemini IV . My sun is in virgo, heavily afflicted. I am a workaholic but the second I stop working, I go into a downward spiral. I can't separate my day tasks from my night tasks, probably because of a sun moon square between both signs ruled by mercury. Sleep is futile for me, I have to drink or smoke to get any, otherwise I work until I lose it and pass out. I also tend to be very generous as I've read Moon conjunct Jupiter's can be, at my own detriment... However, when I can get rid of sun influences, the subconscious, dreams, ideas, and creativity, is beyond controllable. I also have an ASC, MOON, MERCURY trine, all in air signs, in order being, Aquarius, Gemini, Libra.. so, when my air is unrestricted, I have great insight and vision, but the second my virgo (mutable earth) sun has the upper-hand I'm crippled by anxieties, over-working, and fickelness especially about what foods I'll eat, I tend towards pure foods like rice, pasta, plain vegetables, etc... Feel bad when I eat meat. All these qualities should be collected into a database...
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr E For This Useful Post:
mercurial (12-05-2015)
Unread 12-05-2015, 11:18 PM

Wow, this thread is interesting!
My Gemini Moon is in the same degree as my 5th house cusp but it's still in my 4th house.
I have sleep issues too but once I'm asleep I'm fine - its allowing myself to go to sleep that causes issues. I physically am not doing much but I feel the need to have 'one more episode of...' or 'one more chapter of...' etc. because I cannot bring myself to switch off from the day. Recently its been more extreme, I've had days where I'm up so late that I'm awake for my morning alarm and need to go to work. And its thoughts drilling frantically, non-stop.
It feels like a swirling tornado of thoughts though, each one I only catch a brief glimpse of and I often forget what I was thinking just a second ago - like I'll go to write one down but once I have a book open and a pen in my hand its gone. But they all seem really important. And that's the part I find most distressing. A constant flow of big thoughts that I have no time to process.
The sheer rapidity of my thoughts is really damaging to my creativity, I studied fashion at art school for a few years and ended up dropping out - not being able to control this was a significant factor. I still read constantly about it and have an enduring passion for it that miraculously seems to be unaffected. Like Mr. E, my Sun is in Virgo but in a tight stellium with Jupiter and Mercury (Jupiter exact, Mercury 3 degrees after) and I experience a similar situation in which my work doesn't stop once I get home. I'm an apprentice tailor at the moment and, already having all the equipment I need at home, am working constantly - but mostly in the mind.
I have no fire planets whatsoever in my chart and experience ***-kicking depression. In my mind the ideas are more than bountiful but the paralysing depression blocks them coming to fruition, which ***** big time! Especially because I know they have the potential to be amazing, but maybe that's just the Sun/Jupiter talking.
I'm relatively new to Astrology, so I'm not sure what to make of how this might play into it but the only aspect to my Gemini Moon is a trine to my 1st house Saturn in Aquarius. I'll attach my chart, any thoughts (or advice) would be welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: png chart.PNG (82.8 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by mercurial; 12-06-2015 at 01:26 AM.
Unread 12-08-2015, 01:12 AM

Mr E, they are already in a database. It's part of the astrological tradition.

Mutables are a 'mother'. And the more they connect with each other while not having balancing or 'modifying' connections, the worse they are.

Alcohol and tobacco are not conducive to sleep. You need to fight your addictions to these and speak to your md for possible medical help.

Joining a 12 step program for your smoking problem would help you with all your issues. there's a lot of communicating in these groups; sometimes friendships are formed and the most important thing of all is this: you will get off the vicious cycle.

Changing a couple of things in your life which are habits.....hard as it may be.....ends up changing much more than just those habits. It opens a door.

Next: buy a notebook. Every day write in it. It's called 'journaling.' All those thoughts which go nowhere might actually be part of something bigger when you go back after a year, let's say, and read them.

Calcium: buy a few bottles of absorbable (soft gel) calcium. Take 4-8 softgels a day. That's about 2 grams. Eat more calcium rich foods. Put "calcium rich foods" in your browser and you will be surprised how many non dairy products there are that have lots of calcium. But also try to eat/drink dairy products (nonfat or low fat).

You are stressed out. In case you missed the memo: Stress kills.

If you want something to change you have to change something.
You can begin with some behavior modification. And don't be afraid of change. Yeah, I know it's scary but that's the adventure of life!
LIN

"The universe does not care if it inconveniences you."
Unread 12-20-2015, 03:19 AM
Banned

Hello -

Lin is correct about mercury ruled moon. Either write a diary log or make a checklist of things that you feel you need to make your life complete. Otherwise, the moon-ruled mercury will spend so much time telliing others this stuff, they will forget it is important to them.

Mercury ruled moon is funny in one specific way - they have a great emotional need to speak or write what's in their mind or heart. They also tend to carry out a fully imagined scenario with all the details of the things they need to do - and sometimes, that is enough for them and the things never get done. It's like they've already completed or 'done it" in their mind.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
junoisuppose (12-20-2015), mercurial (12-20-2015)
Unread 12-21-2015, 12:38 AM

Interesting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
Hello -

Lin is correct about mercury ruled moon. Either write a diary log or make a checklist of things that you feel you need to make your life complete. Otherwise, the moon-ruled mercury will spend so much time telliing others this stuff, they will forget it is important to them.

Mercury ruled moon is funny in one specific way - they have a great emotional need to speak or write what's in their mind or heart. They also tend to carry out a fully imagined scenario with all the details of the things they need to do - and sometimes, that is enough for them and the things never get done. It's like they've already completed or 'done it" in their mind.

Tags
gemini, moon, random, thoughts