Worst Saturn transit through a sign?

tanamarios

in my case when Saturn was in my twelfth house, it was one of the worst. Once Saturn reached the ASC , then it turns to be a good transit.

MrigKash

in my case when Saturn was in my twelfth house, it was one of the worst. Once Saturn reached the ASC , then it turns to be a good transit.

I am glad pleasant times have befallen you.

May I ask you whether your Sun and Asc are adjacent to each other?

In my case, it is Sun: Cancer and Asc: Leo. They may not always be adjacent.

Thanks

Edit:

I see that you are Sun: Capricorn and Asc: Virgo.

Saturn is usually friendly with Capricorn because it is ruled by Saturn. Therefore, when Saturn lives in Capricorn for 2.5 years, it is not supposed to be as bad as Leo or Cancer.

Saturn return happens after 29.5 years, but this phase does not necessarily coincide with natal Saturn transit.

In any event, my knowledge is rather limited.

Wish you all the best.

Last edited:

tanamarios

I am glad pleasant times have befallen you.

May I ask you whether your Sun and Asc are adjacent to each other?

In my case, it is Sun: Cancer and Asc: Leo. They may not always be adjacent.

Thanks

Edit:

I see that you are Sun: Capricorn and Asc: Virgo.

Saturn is usually friendly with Capricorn because it is ruled by Saturn. Therefore, when Saturn lives in Capricorn for 2.5 years, it is not supposed to be as bad as Leo or Cancer.

Saturn return happens after 29.5 years, but this phase does not necessarily coincide with natal Saturn transit.

In any event, my knowledge is rather limited.

Wish you all the best.
And also , b/c my natal Saturn in Leo is not great ,is located in my eleventh house of wishes and goals or the house of Aquarius(Saturn is the traditional ruler of Aquarius while Uranus is the modern ruler).

MrigKash

And also , b/c my natal Saturn in Leo is not great ,is located in my eleventh house of wishes and goals or the house of Aquarius(Saturn is the traditional ruler of Aquarius while Uranus is the modern ruler).

If I understand correctly, Saturn was living in the constellation Leo when you were born right? Which means, Saturn was again sitting in the constellation Leo 29.5 years (+/- 1.25 years) after you were born.

Yes, you are right about what you said.

I guess we are talking about two different phenomena of Saturn.
  1. Saturn return as in Saturn visiting the same constellation it was in when you were born.
  2. Saturn natal transit as in Saturn passing by your native constellation and its neighbours, i.e. the constellation before your Sun sign, your Sun sign and the constellation after your Sun sign, in other words, Houses: 12,1,2, in that order, each 2.5 years long and in total 7.5 years long.

Last edited:

astrology02

Saturn in libra square my ascendant in capricorn was definately a rough period for me.

Depression, a lot of anxiety and fears .

Also my relationships came crashing down . Saturn forced me to really evaluate my relationships and the ones that weren't working did not survive this transit. Issues that i had not dealt with in the past all came to a head at this time. The week that transit started was the worst week i have experienced (and not in a cliche way, it really was).

MrigKash

Saturn in libra square my ascendant in capricorn was definately a rough period for me.

Depression, a lot of anxiety and fears .

Also my relationships came crashing down . Saturn forced me to really evaluate my relationships and the ones that weren't working did not survive this transit. Issues that i had not dealt with in the past all came to a head at this time. The week that transit started was the worst week i have experienced (and not in a cliche way, it really was).

If you don't mind me asking, what are your Sun and Moon signs?

Also, is Libra your 6th, 7th or 8th house?

kurojung

Hmm saturn doesnt seem that bad for me anymore. I remember when I was aroun 14-16 it was awful when it went into Aries (7th) opposed my natal Libra house with saturn, moon, mars, pluto , jupiter. I literally felt blocked in my throat and couldnt speak, and felt so isolated/depressed.

When it went from house 7-11 I felt my career slowly rising and getting better. Now its in the first house conjunct natal saturn in Libra, and I must say apart from spending a bit more time on my own, and that things are a bit slow, its not that bad?

Or becuase its in the 1st house does that make me the "malefic" one? haha

kurojung

Actually when Saturn was at the end of my 12th house, coming up to my natal in the 1st (libra), I even met the person I want to spend my life with. It has forced me to grow up and get down to work in some ways, but in other ways it has bought some amazing gifts :love:

Rebel Uranian

Saturn in Leo and Cancer. Not where it belongs at all. It is in detriment in both of these signs and opposing a lot of natal planets, which I guess is why I got bullied by authority figures during these times. Really it depends on the person's chart and what planets will receive hard aspects more than the sign itself. If you have no planets in mutables, Saturn in Virgo cannot make any hard aspects, even if it is the worst position of Saturn.

lilithofeden

Ok so, I looked back to the time my parents divorced and pof course! T saturn was in the 8th house right around the 29th degree in Taurus, opposite my sun in the third house in the sign of Scorpio. I'm coming up to T saturn conjunct my sun in about a year to two years.... I'm wondering what will happen.

The Divorce was the main part in my life that has changed me forever.. It's been 10 years and I'm still affected from it!

muser

I thought all my saturn transits were bad until I had saturn in leo then virgo conjunct my ascendant then my 2nd house sun. I thought things were bad before when saturn was crossing my 12th house in cancer from 2004-2007. The amazing thing was it broke down my ego and totally reconstructed my relationship with the world and it did it in a serious of disasters one after the other!

:bandit:

I have the same houses in those signs, 12th in Cancer, 1st in Leo, and 2nd in Virgo. My 3rd house is also in Virgo.

My natal Saturn is at 29 degrees Cancer and square Uranus at 0 degree Scorpio. Those are sensitive spots on my chart. I swear that Saturn moving into the 12th started a process of being utterly crushed down and having to reconstruct myself and like Rushwing it was through a series of disasters (hidden enemies, a murder, a career change, family health disasters, another death, getting divorced, hideous poverty) and emotional crises.

It didn't help that during that entire period I (and Rushwing I guess) also had Uranus going through Pisces and the 8th house. In my case it was opposite my sun and activating my Mars, Sun Neptune mutable T-square. It was just like wave after wave of uncertainty (weak natal Saturn, dodgy Uranus) and difficulty and pressure and scrutiny.

The day Uranus left Pisces (May 29, literally) I got more in control of things and the day Saturn went into Libra was the same day the last torment from that time period ended (finished schooling for new career that had begun in 2003). I have come out of all of it really strong, really compassionate, really focused and feeling very much as if I have the resources and joy to handle anything else. Which is such a gift and I feel like I've Leo'd my Saturn and figured out how to deal with my own hidden 12th house worries, but man oh man those were some devastatingly rough years.

Last edited:

Ereshkigal

Sagittarius Saturn is now transiting my 1st house and about to be conjunct my natal Neptune, square Mars and Saturn (10th) and opposite Venus (and the Sun in 8th in a year or so).

Somebody kill me please.

I feel so depressed, I don't know what to do with my life, it's like I don't know who I am and what I'm doing anymore. I feel trapped and can't see a way out.
And it will be like this for a whole year again... sigh.

(sorry I didn't mean to be so melodramatic, it's not so bad, the mess is just inside my head)

The_Saturnian

Saturn conjunct natal Uranus (r) - Moon tight conjuction in 6th house Sag. Ouch my guts are killing me and so are my muscles.

Yes literally aching physically. Nothing emotional experienced, few changes in life at work and sudden unplanned end of a relationship which I kept denying to myself would work.

I'm sure there's worse out there though....

Erulastiel14

Most of my planets are in my 12th/1st houses and Saturn is in my 1st now. So I've felt Saturn's transits of Scorpio and Sagittarius the most.

Saturn's transit through my 12th was the absolute worst. Saturn transiting the 12th already is a nasty business. But I have my Sun and a Mercury-Pluto conjunction there. When Saturn hit Mercury-Pluto my depression came back full force and I considered suicide twice. The last time it hit I went on medication and got back into therapy. I was able to finish grad school despite this thank goodness.

The 1st has my natal Moon, and a Saturn-Venus-Uranus conjunction. tSaturn's hit my Moon 3x but not the triple conjunction until the end of this year and into 2017.

Saturn's journey through my 1st has been different but the same overall theme. Sagittarius is about freedom and exploration but Saturn restricts so it's a bit of a contradiction. I've spent most of my 20s in school and now I'm navigating the world as a professional. I'm getting a lens into myself I've never had before. It's empowering but also scary because I'm seeing where my vulnerabilities are. But Saturn breaks down what no longer works in order to rebuild on a more solid foundation so I'm looking forward to that. I'm rediscovering who I am, (assisted by Uranus transiting my 5th) which is nice.

I'm glad Saturn won't be hitting my natal Moon again though! Each time, (it hit 3x) I was a walking crying machine. The first time I literally could not sleep. My body desperately wanted to but my mind would not turn off.

kore

Saturn transiting 12th house Scorpio squaring my moon was the worst saturn transit. During this transit my environment improved and I was in the best physical shape of my life, but I was sad, depressed and paranoid. Scary 2.5 years. I'm going to suffer this transit again in my 60s. It's the second worst transit I've endured after Pluto in the 12th transit.