Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 05-31-2010, 11:33 AM
lenartz lenartz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 184
Virgo asc and Scorpio in 3rd house. How am I intellectually?

I was curious about my intellectual capacities. People say I 'exude' intelligence, by presence and with the way I talk. My top three intelligences are: Verbal/Linguistc, Intrapersonal, and Logical/Mathematical, and I have abysmal Spatial/Visual capabilities (I suck at Physics). Can someone explain all of this for me?
Attached Images
File Type: gif lennatalchart.gif (51.6 KB, 42 views)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 05-31-2010, 12:24 PM
ImNotThere9's Avatar
ImNotThere9 ImNotThere9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 648
Re: Virgo asc and Scorpio in 3rd house. How am I intellectually?

--------------------------
__________________
Astra inclinant, sed non obligant - Latin proverb.


'...Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.' Shakespeare.

Last edited by ImNotThere9; 02-23-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 05-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Artemisdaughter Artemisdaughter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mt.Druitt Sydney Australia
Posts: 157
Re: Virgo asc and Scorpio in 3rd house. How am I intellectually?

MC Gemini with Mercury, Sun and Jupiter you are a born communicator and this is what people see Gemini's are born to pass on information and you should do this for career. You need a job where you write or public speaking.
Virgo ascendant has great attention to detail (people might think you are nit picky and very health conscious) and you are a very practical person Moon, Saturn, Neptune and Uranus in 5th in Capricorn you are quite disciplined when it comes to fun, romance, children and such. People also see you as salt of the earth. You solve problems naturally.
You are much more emotional then you let on you consider your friends your family or vice versa and they can wound you easily. You nurture and mother your friends, and they come to you for a shoulder to cry on.
You are motivated/energised by children, acting where you can shine as the star, or creativity, hobby but this lays in your unconscious.
Sometimes you feel forced to choose between children and work.

Hope this helps feedback appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 05-31-2010, 03:10 PM
astrologer50's Avatar
astrologer50 astrologer50 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,695
Re: Virgo asc and Scorpio in 3rd house. How am I intellectually?

How sure are you of your 'time' virgo is a rather quiet unassuming prescence. I would have expected a Leo Asc to loud and upfront and command attention. I Note you put 5pm, which is rather rare for anyone to be born at the o'clock, half past and quarter to and past. 4mins = 1' on asc. So literally 2mins earlier you could be late Leo Asc

Age 5 was there anyother sibling born? Age 19 did you travel, relocate? go to college or university?
At age 21 now it will be a while before Solar arc mars gets to Asc (8years)

For languages I would look to mercury and in gemini is versatile but only has one major aspect a sextile to mars in 12th, which act behind the scenes and suggests you learnt not to express anger or tantrums as a child due to conditioning from parents. Your venus is opp saturn and saturn is retrograde (going backwards) suggesting you felt unloved, prob by father and he was lacking in some way, either missing or ineffectual.

Your mars is also a singleton ie: only planet in fire element, which your charts lacks this energy..
Singleton planets
“If a planet happens to be the only one in an element, quality, or house type, that planet is a Singleton and it can funnel all of the “energy” of the horoscope. This planet is often the most important one in the horoscope. In other words, if you just interpret the position of this one planet by sign, house, and aspect, you will get to the “heart of the horoscope”. The effect is the same as if that planet were the only one on one side of the chart.”
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/13.0Singletons.htm
http://www.astrologyclub.org
http://en.mimi.hu/astrology/singleton.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-2334.html
(There is a book out by Shirley Lyons Meier, "Elemental Voids, More than Meets the Eye", which gives a good discussion of missing elements.) The Inferior Function can be a source of great motivation and creative expression.
http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/singletons/intro/singleton_intro.htm

Lack of elements http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18077
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/elements.html
http://www.astrology.aryabhatt.com/Astrology_Elements.asp
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/EmptyElement12.1.htm
http://www.astrologyclub.org/article.../inferior2.htm


You are not a typical gemini either with the opposition to uranus makes you more Aquarian and as your sun is conjunct 11th house cusp is said to be more effective in 11th house of friendships, groups and large oranisations..

your moon opp venus suggests stress from childhood connected to mother.There is a recent thread here you may identify with --

venus square moon
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24933&highlight=venus+square+moon

You also have venus opp neptune = romantic over idealising and disillusionment


What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html

Hope this helps
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 05-31-2010, 03:14 PM
astrologer50's Avatar
astrologer50 astrologer50 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,695
Re: Virgo asc and Scorpio in 3rd house. How am I intellectually?

Pluto in 3rd House - cadent
The need to communicate and the tendency to be secretive and silent (Pluto), is a contradiction in terms, yet the two qualities are combined in this placing. Can be dynamic communicators
Strong bond with siblings or no bond at all. Feel responsible for siblings.
Get to bottom of anything. With Pluto everything is black or white (not grey)
Deep thinkers any kind of research. Fight own legal battles.
Penetrating mind. Strong opinions.Original ideas, friends and partners, will help you realise them.
You can keep information secret
Could have scientific ability.

Your pluto is square mars
produces a forceful nature. Often your actions can be described only as reckless. Yet you are cautious and secretive about your projects, especially as you mature and develop. When frustrated, you may become abusive and display much temper. This aspect suggests that your sexual drive is strong, and may not be well controlled at times. This is a very physical aspect needing control and channeling. When you can control actions, this aspect can be positive as it shows a penchant for eliminating, by force, the unacceptable and unnecessary in your life. You can develop a very focused concentration
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/marsaspects.html#maspl

[deleted overly long quote - Moderator]

http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/m...toaspects.html

You also have a see-saw type chart

Last edited by wilsontc; 06-01-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 06-01-2010, 02:20 AM
lenartz lenartz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 184
Re: Virgo asc and Scorpio in 3rd house. How am I intellectually?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotThere9 View Post
I would suggest writing, though I would be doubtful about advocating this, As you mentioned Mathematics as one of your top three intelligences, and much of time I've noted that One with Mathematics as their expertise are abysmal with grammar and spelling, and often One skilled with the written word is abysmal with mathmatics.
Lol, actually I am a writer. My friends tell me I am especially good at conveying emotions through poetry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisdaughter View Post
MC Gemini with Mercury, Sun and Jupiter you are a born communicator and this is what people see Gemini's are born to pass on information and you should do this for career. You need a job where you write or public speaking.
Virgo ascendant has great attention to detail (people might think you are nit picky and very health conscious) and you are a very practical person Moon, Saturn, Neptune and Uranus in 5th in Capricorn you are quite disciplined when it comes to fun, romance, children and such. People also see you as salt of the earth. You solve problems naturally.
You are much more emotional then you let on you consider your friends your family or vice versa and they can wound you easily. You nurture and mother your friends, and they come to you for a shoulder to cry on.


Hope this helps feedback appreciated.
Yes, I am rather chatty/talkative. About the Virgo Ascendant though, some things apply to me, and some don't. I look at the big picture. I am much more disciplined now that I was before. Yes, I don't "scream" sensitivity, only to the people that are extremely close to me (there are a few), and people come to me for advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50 View Post
How sure are you of your 'time' virgo is a rather quiet unassuming prescence. I would have expected a Leo Asc to loud and upfront and command attention. I Note you put 5pm, which is rather rare for anyone to be born at the o'clock, half past and quarter to and past. 4mins = 1' on asc. So literally 2mins earlier you could be late Leo Asc

Age 5 was there anyother sibling born? Age 19 did you travel, relocate? go to college or university?
At age 21 now it will be a while before Solar arc mars gets to Asc (8years)
Actually, I am not quite sure about my birth time. My parents told me that I was born around that time. Now that I think about it, I could have been born before that, which would suggest that I am indeed a Leo Ascendant. I'm reading the description of the Leo Ascendant and I'm actually pretty shocked that alot of the stuff there fits me. Some of my friends think I am pompous, that I suffer from a superiority complex, I try to leave an impression and I like to feel influencial. I know that makes me sound like I'm full of myself, but people also tell me I'm very likable. However, there are some things that I can relate with the Virgo Asc. People think I am over-analytical, I don't mind being in the background, and I am nit-picky with alot of things. Ah! I better find my birth certificate to see my correct time of birth! Anyways, thanks for putting that out, Astrologer50!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50 View Post

Your pluto is square mars
produces a forceful nature. Often your actions can be described only as reckless. Yet you are cautious and secretive about your projects, especially as you mature and develop. When frustrated, you may become abusive and display much temper. This aspect suggests that your sexual drive is strong, and may not be well controlled at times. This is a very physical aspect needing control and channeling. When you can control actions, this aspect can be positive as it shows a penchant for eliminating, by force, the unacceptable and unnecessary in your life. You can develop a very focused concentration on progressive issues
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/marsaspects.html#maspl

http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/marsplutoaspects.html

You also have a see-saw type chart
Most of the things here are true for me. The only thing here that I can't relate with is that my supposedly strong sexual drive. I am not very sexual, although that may be due to the medications I'm on (mood stabilizers for Bipolar Disorder).
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 06-01-2010, 02:35 AM
Arian Maverick's Avatar
Arian Maverick Arian Maverick is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,089
Re: Virgo asc and Scorpio in 3rd house. How am I intellectually?

Quote:
Now that I think about it, I could have been born before that, which would suggest that I am indeed a Leo Ascendant. I'm reading the description of the Leo Ascendant and I'm actually pretty shocked that alot of the stuff there fits me. Some of my friends think I am pompous, that I suffer from a superiority complex, I try to leave an impression and I like to feel influencial. I know that makes me sound like I'm full of myself, but people also tell me I'm very likable
Since we're on the topic of possible Ascendants here, most of the Leo Ascendant individuals I know are quite likable. Indeed, I'd venture to guess that Leo Ascendant individuals exude more warmth and personal magnetism than Virgo Ascendant individuals--although, again, certain natal chart placements may affect this.

It's important to establish your time of birth because a small change in time may affect the placements of the house cusps, as well.

You may wish to read this thread, as well, to help you determine your Ascendant sign: Ascendant Sign Descriptions.

Arian Maverick
__________________
I am inactive on the forums, for the time being.

Last edited by Arian Maverick; 06-01-2010 at 02:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 06-01-2010, 03:38 PM
astrologer50's Avatar
astrologer50 astrologer50 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,695
Re: Virgo asc and Scorpio in 3rd house. How am I intellectually?

http://www.cafeastrology.com/risingsignsascendant.html
http://astrology.findyourfate.com/astrology-ascendant.htm
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/angles.html
http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/zodia_sign.htm
http://www.astrologyzine.com/what-are-rising-sign-traits.shtml
http://www.alwaysastrology.com/rising-signs.html
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 02-24-2012, 10:06 PM
junoisuppose junoisuppose is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 554
Re: Virgo asc and Scorpio in 3rd house. How am I intellectually?

I'm definitely a virgo asc with scorpio on the 3rd (my time of birth was one of the first things that my astrologer mother asked when she came round from the cesarean) and I have the same intelligences as you according to personality tests.

I came across your thread because I have been looking up Scorpio on the 3rd house on google, and also found the following:

Dana Gerhardt on www.astro.com - " With Sagittarius on the 3rd house cusp, she suggests, an open, easy-going approach might invite communication from others; with Scorpio, reserved or biting and sarcastic speech might discourage easy back-and-forth exchange"

http://www.stariq.com/Main/Articles/P0001583.HTM - "with Scorpio on the cusp of the Third House of communications and perceptions, a fearful parent may have distorted your communication. She or he may have taught you how to use sarcasm to avoid direct expression of your feelings. You may have experienced fear that you would be punished for saying the wrong things. Scorpio's accountability may have been excessively harsh coming from a wounded parent or older sibling. So, you may not trust your own words. You do not communicate at your highest level of potential. You see so much that you are afraid to talk about."

and - "Where others see the obvious you see the hidden undercurrents. Your skills of observation may have been honed in a childhood where you were not encouraged to talk. So you watched and learned more than other children your age. Your words are not mere decorations, space filling or ear candy. You want to be heard as attentively as you listen. Communication is about change, about moving others to feel or see what has been hidden. Finding potency in the sounds, the silence and the nuance empowers your message. The depth of the connection is more important than facts. But, it is useful to remember that sometimes the simple truth is truly simple."

These are certainly true for me - a fearful/wounded parent who discouraged communication and was biting and sarcastic, leading me to be somewhat similar. On the other hand the powers of observation have got me out of dangerous situations while out and about in the neighbourhood, but then again perhaps it is Scorpio on the 3rd that brought me into contact with those negatively Scorpio types in my neighbourhood

I also read this:

http://www.astrologyclub.org/article...mini/third.htm - "Fixed signs retain information for a long time. For example, a person who has Scorpio on the third house cusp with Moon also in that sign and house can remember everything and everyone who ever hurt his feelings and harbors resentment toward them. He talks from his emotions and wants to stir up yours as well. He prefers a heated discussion to superficial pleasantries."
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to junoisuppose For This Useful Post:
Prisma (07-12-2013)
  #10  
Unread 02-24-2012, 10:12 PM
junoisuppose junoisuppose is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 554
Re: Virgo asc and Scorpio in 3rd house. How am I intellectually?

& I also have gemini MC and a gemini career - teaching EFL.

As far as intelligence goes I would also look at which sign your mercury is in, and the www.stariq.com article mentioned above placed quite a bit of emphasis on where mars, as the ruling planet of Scorpio, is by house and sign, so that's something to consider too.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 03-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Lin Lin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,300
Re: Virgo asc and Scorpio in 3rd house. How am I intellectually?

Lenartz: Is there some reason you NEED physics?
Do you feel you are missing something by not excelling in it?
Your chart is full of intelligence, and also the potential for artistic ability.... but you are young, and you have your whole life ahead of you to learn and develop your potentials.
Is there something specific you want to know?
LIN
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 03-23-2012, 04:04 PM
poyi's Avatar
poyi poyi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,015
Re: Virgo asc and Scorpio in 3rd house. How am I intellectually?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junoisuppose View Post
I'm definitely a virgo asc with scorpio on the 3rd (my time of birth was one of the first things that my astrologer mother asked when she came round from the cesarean) and I have the same intelligences as you according to personality tests.

I came across your thread because I have been looking up Scorpio on the 3rd house on google, and also found the following:

Dana Gerhardt on www.astro.com - " With Sagittarius on the 3rd house cusp, she suggests, an open, easy-going approach might invite communication from others; with Scorpio, reserved or biting and sarcastic speech might discourage easy back-and-forth exchange"

http://www.stariq.com/Main/Articles/P0001583.HTM - "with Scorpio on the cusp of the Third House of communications and perceptions, a fearful parent may have distorted your communication. She or he may have taught you how to use sarcasm to avoid direct expression of your feelings. You may have experienced fear that you would be punished for saying the wrong things. Scorpio's accountability may have been excessively harsh coming from a wounded parent or older sibling. So, you may not trust your own words. You do not communicate at your highest level of potential. You see so much that you are afraid to talk about."

and - "Where others see the obvious you see the hidden undercurrents. Your skills of observation may have been honed in a childhood where you were not encouraged to talk. So you watched and learned more than other children your age. Your words are not mere decorations, space filling or ear candy. You want to be heard as attentively as you listen. Communication is about change, about moving others to feel or see what has been hidden. Finding potency in the sounds, the silence and the nuance empowers your message. The depth of the connection is more important than facts. But, it is useful to remember that sometimes the simple truth is truly simple."

These are certainly true for me - a fearful/wounded parent who discouraged communication and was biting and sarcastic, leading me to be somewhat similar. On the other hand the powers of observation have got me out of dangerous situations while out and about in the neighbourhood, but then again perhaps it is Scorpio on the 3rd that brought me into contact with those negatively Scorpio types in my neighbourhood

I also read this:

http://www.astrologyclub.org/article...mini/third.htm - "Fixed signs retain information for a long time. For example, a person who has Scorpio on the third house cusp with Moon also in that sign and house can remember everything and everyone who ever hurt his feelings and harbors resentment toward them. He talks from his emotions and wants to stir up yours as well. He prefers a heated discussion to superficial pleasantries."

I also have Scorpio Pluto in the 3rd house. Everything you said above about childhood are 100%! However over the years I have transformed and now able to express my own feeling freely but I still won't tell my parents anything. And I also have Pluto square Moon...you can't deny that life is pre-desinated, speaking from my personal experiences.
__________________
I believe there is something of the divine mystery in everything that exists. We can see it sparkle in a sunflower or a poppy. We sense more of the unfathomable mystery in a butterfly that flutters from a twig--or in a goldfish swimming in a bowl. But we are closest to God in our own soul. Only there can we become one with the greatest mystery of life. In truth, at very rare moments we can experience that we ourselves are that divine mystery. --Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 07-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Prisma's Avatar
Prisma Prisma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 311
Re: Virgo asc and Scorpio in 3rd house. How am I intellectually?

Quote:
I'm definitely a virgo asc with scorpio on the 3rd
Me too.
Quote:
...found the following:

...
http://www.stariq.com/Main/Articles/P0001583.HTM - "with Scorpio on the cusp of the Third House of communications and perceptions, a fearful parent may have distorted your communication. She or he may have taught you how to use sarcasm to avoid direct expression of your feelings. You may have experienced fear that you would be punished for saying the wrong things. Scorpio's accountability may have been excessively harsh coming from a wounded parent or older sibling. So, you may not trust your own words. You do not communicate at your highest level of potential. You see so much that you are afraid to talk about."

and - "Where others see the obvious you see the hidden undercurrents. Your skills of observation may have been honed in a childhood where you were not encouraged to talk. So you watched and learned more than other children your age. Your words are not mere decorations, space filling or ear candy. You want to be heard as attentively as you listen. Communication is about change, about moving others to feel or see what has been hidden. Finding potency in the sounds, the silence and the nuance empowers your message. The depth of the connection is more important than facts. But, it is useful to remember that sometimes the simple
Yup, this was my childhood too. I most remember been quiet watching everything... later as an adult discovered that my mother thought I was somewhat autistic... Better me having "an issue" than to acknowledge that she was hard, emotionally distant and a force to be feared.
Quote:
I also read this:

http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/planets_signs_houses/gemini/third.htm - "Fixed signs retain information for a long time..."
Add to that mix a Sun & Merc. Cancer... Yes I remember a lot from past.

By the way, great posts, dear juno...

The reason I quote this is that I wonder how that third house Scorpio, etc., may help me understand what kind of "voice" (literary speaking) I may have. I want to continue to pursue writing, and maybe the placements can help me understand myself and the kind of direction I should go in this creative pursuits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my chart-whiteout.jpg (87.5 KB, 2 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
house, intellectually, scorpio, virgo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.