Problem with astrology not working

obsidianmineral

Your approach is overly simplistic. Not everything is rosy as it appears on the first glance.

(Note: I'm using whole signs)

First thing that catches the eye is that we find L1 (Saturn) on a powerful fixed star Alcyone.

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Alcyone.html

The way the fixed star exerts its influence is by "coloring" the planet with its influence and thus modifying to an extent planet's original qualities with its own themes and meaning. So, some of Alcyone themes may be prominent in native's life or may reoccur from time to time. It is also important to note that Saturn is out of sect and he also rules the 12th house which, among other things, signifies restrictions to native's independence and ability to be her own person.

One of the most important points in ANY chart is Part of Fortune (POF). POF shows overall external circumstances in native's life, body, health, fortune, wealth and poverty, honors and recognition, good and evil...and it has signification over everything (Bonatti) .... Lot of Fortune, the most influential and most potent place (Valens)
POF (25 CAN 06) is in unfortunate 6th house, ruled by the peregrine Moon in 7th, and for this particular placement Valens states "...men are less prosperous, but not poverty-stricken"
Now, POF is placed exactly on another powerful fixed star, Proycon. In natal astrology, when placed in proximity of a powerful star POF tends to get "damaged" in a way. This is especially the case in proximity of 4 royal stars. Star will still convey powerful gifts to the native but since it has destructive influence on POF (and POF represents everything material) those gifts usually come with the price.
POF is aspected by Mars and Saturn (two malefics). Mars (L10) is well dignified and doesn't signify malefic influence here, it means a lot of action (hard work and effort, most likely intellectual because predominant temperament is sanguine) but the fruits of this effort materialize hard in native's life (square) and this is not very effective (3rd house, inability to act). L10 placement in the cadent house could also signify some restrictive factors that are hindering native's career prospects or unemployment.
Saturn (out of sect) sextile POF shows restrictions and limitations to native's overall well-being, either self-imposed (1st) or generated by (hidden) circumstances (12th).

Ancients considered POF to be of such great importance that they have developed a technique for further insights in native's life using POF as alternative ascendant. POF is placed in 6th house, so the 6th house (Cancer) becomes the 1st house of this new chart, Leo is 2nd house and so on... To avoid confusion I will refer to this chart as "POF chart".

First thing, there is South Node in 2nd house of the POF chart. South Node has malefic influence (of Mars and Saturn combined) and his main signification is that he decreases everything he touches. This is not always bad but in this case all things connected with the 2nd house are decreased.
We also find Moon (L1 of the POF chart) in the 2nd house. This is reoccurring theme: in the main chart L1 (Saturn) is placed in 4th (property, immovable possessions) and in the POF chart L1 (Moon) is in the 2nd (movable possessions). This shows native's striving for possessions (or we can say striving for economic independence). Also, peregrine L1 in 2nd house shows native's inability to choose (or we can say to intuitively feel /Moon/) correct direction when pursuing financial matters.
Sun (L2 of the POF chart) is in his detriment in 8th - very unfortunate placement.

11th house of the POF chart is called "the place of acquisition". It essentially shows where and how native "gets paid". Saturn placed here represents obstacles "to payment". Those obstacles are of the 7th and 8th house things or people. Venus (L11 of the POF chart) is placed in her exaltation in 9th. So, native will obtain material (financial) success in environment connected with 9th house meanings (long journeys, foreign countries, higher education, religion, using her imagination - journeys of the mind etc.) and by doing some venusian things (something connected with young women, fashion, jewelry, art, money etc.).

Returning to the original chart, the same placement (Venus L4, exalted in 2nd) most likely shows her family support in the financial matters. It could also show inheritance.

Jupiter (L2) is in his domicile in 11th which is essentially fortunate house, place of hopes and wishes (again reoccurring theme). It is also the house that shows native's career profits. This is indeed strong L2, fortunately placed but this is not the ONLY influence signifying financial matters. In order to get accurate picture we must take all other influences into account as well.
Jupiter forms a grand trine with Mars and Moon. For this particular combination of planets Valens states: "Jupiter, Mars, and the Moon produce shrewd men, bold, public men with many friends, men advancing to high place from humble fortune and thought worthy of trust. These men are governors, athletes, distinguished men, leaders, supervisors of the masses and of districts. They have a share of offices, stipends, or priesthoods. They fall into reversals and criminal charges, betrayed by their own relatives or by females, and they suffer loss of possessions. Later however they recover them because of religious or other unexpected affairs."
So, this combination has its good and bad sides. In her post, native has mentioned constant career and financial reversals (L2 and L10 are involved). Betterment may come most likely either as a promotion (they have a share of offices) or through "unexpected affairs".

Jupiter in late degrees could indicate that full financial independence may come late(r) in native's life.

This is just a small fraction of everything that can be said about native's financial matters. All those influences, the good and the bad, are mixed together, how it usually goes in life. By using solar returns, profections and other techniques it can be determined when the native will enjoy good influences and when she will suffer bad influences.

Wow, I didn't know that someone could know so much about one's future based only on the part of fortune. I will apply these methods from now on I guess.

aquarius7000

So if Pluto is opposing something very tightly, but is out of sign, you don't think there is really an opposition? Does it really matter if Pluto is in Libra or Virgo if it opposes someones Moon?

I think the signs of the generational planets are much less important that the aspects they make.
Yes, that is exactly what it means. I don't think that Pluto (or any planet for that matter) forms an opposition no matter how tightly that planet opposes another if the two planets in question are not in sign.

However, I did not at all mention that it has to do only with "generational planets". So, why that emphasis?

What I explained in my previous post is applicable to ALL planets, including the personal planets. The basis of the concept of aspects has to do with the signs, not the planets. This is because the signs, as already explained earlier, are fixed and do not change from chart to chart (unlike planets, which continually move in the sky). However, Aquarius will always lie opposite to Leo in every chart. Leo will always be in trine to Gemini, etc. Now, when these signs house planets in them a particular chart, depending on the orb acceptance - settings in different astro programs, charts will show the planets in Leo in a trine to planets in Aries, for instance. A perfect example from the chart shared on this thread is Mars in Aries and Moon in Leo.

Based on the same concept and chart, Mars in Aries is in opposition to Uranus in Libra because Libra and Aries are signs in opposition to each other, as one can see in the chart. They are mathematically opposite to each other.

As far as this goes: " I think the signs of the generational planets are much less important that the aspects they make. "
How can the very planets (generational or not) be less important than the aspects THEY themselves make? Trying to understand the logic there.

Last edited:

katydid

Yes, that is exactly what it means. I don't think that Pluto (or any planet for that matter) forms an opposition no matter how tightly that planet opposes another if the two planets in question are not in sign.

However, I did not at all mention that it has to do only with "generational planets". So, why that emphasis?

What I explained in my previous post is applicable to ALL planets, including the personal planets. The basis of the concept of aspects has to do with the signs, not the planets. This is because the signs, as already explained earlier, are fixed and do not change from chart to chart (unlike planets, which continually move in the sky). However, Aquarius will always lie opposite to Leo in every chart. Leo will always be in trine to Gemini, etc. Now, when these signs house planets in them a particular chart, depending on the orb acceptance - settings in different astro programs, charts will show the planets in Leo in a trine to planets in Aries, for instance. A perfect example from the chart shared on this thread is Mars in Aries and Moon in Leo.

Based on the same concept and chart, Mars in Aries is in opposition to Uranus in Libra because Libra and Aries are signs in opposition to each other, as one can see in the chart. They are mathematically opposite to each other.

As far as this goes: " I think the signs of the generational planets are much less important that the aspects they make. "
How can the very planets (generational or not) be less important than the aspects THEY themselves make? Trying to understand the logic there.

I am not sure how one can say that two planets approximately 180 degrees apart, ' do not form an opposition.' The definition of the opposition aspect says nothing about zodiac signs. It is purely geometry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_aspect
An opposition (abrv. Opp) is an angle of 180° (1/2 of the 360° ecliptic). An orb of somewhere between 5° and 10°[3] is usually allowed. Oppositions are said to be the second most powerful aspect. It resembles the conjunction although the difference between them is that the opposition causes exaggeration as it is not unifying like the conjunction...

The reason I used Pluto as an example is because it stays in the same sign for so long and it is not as personal as one's moon or sun zodiac sign, in my opinion.

If you have the Moon opposed pluto, with a 2 degree orb, then I do not think that the opposition is suddenly GONE just because Pluto is in the 1st degree of the next sign. I think the POLARITY that exists because of the geometry is very important and cannot be negated with the change of sign.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree --as usual. :wink: :innocent:

The aspect may be weakened by the out of sign situation. But the planets will still be in OPPOSING HOUSES---that has an impact. And transiting planets will still be hitting them at the same time. Again, that has an impact.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

...url]http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76065[/url]

Says the native will have money yet she claims she's been struggling really badly with money. Any ideas as to why it is? Her 2nd ruler is in rulership and in a grand fire trine...
So, firstly, for someone to say that they have been struggling with money, or that they do not have enough, it is quite subjective. See for some people, as long as they can pay their bills and have food on the table, money is enough. To others, money is enough only if they can do two vacations in a year.

Then, one has to also see during what period was money tight. What was happening during that phase of life in terms of transits, progressions and secondary directions.

Let us look at the natal chart, although Sibylline has done a good job already. For money, one often first looks at the 2nd-8th axis. The rulers here, Jupiter, of the 2nd, is in its dignity in Sag and in the happy 11th house. However, this can also mean that the person may have the tendency to spend abundantly (Jupiter expands, but also overdoes things) on being out there in society, be with friends, etc.
Now, the ruler of the 8th house is Mercury. Mercury is in Capricorn (so ruled by Saturn that restricts and limits things), and it is in the fateful 29th degree. This means that a certain amount of unease and suffering might be part and parcel. The 8th house is what comes through others, loans, etc. In this case, with Saturn in the mix, money will coming mostly thorough self-effort.
Let us also not forget that the 2nd and 8th house axis is coloured by Mars' energy. Luckily that Mars is strong through Aries. However, Mars is impulsve by nature and Aries energy is equally impulsive/spontaneous (which is why Mars is at home in Aries). However, with Uranus in the mix through its opposition to Mars in the 2nd, it can mean that money may come easily, but will leave just as easily or unexpectedly in the Mars-Uranus tug-of war. By the way, Mars-Uranus is also a typical accident aspect, not just in the literal sense. It can also mean rash decisions, or rash spending. It can also mean bankruptcy. However, with the ruler of the 2nd strong, the native should be saved from that.

For a thorough picture, we need to also look at Venus and the Moon for finances. Now Venus again is strongly placed, in Pisces. However, if we are looking at the material or money side of Venus, Pisces, a sign that is associated more with spirituality and illusions, is not the best sign for it. Pisces is not earthy and practical enough. Pisces energy is also associated with a yearning and longing because it can never contain what it has. It doesn't know any boundaries.

Now, the Moon, is in Leo. It is in a nice trine to Mars, so both work together. However, Mars' predicament with Uranus has already been discussed. Also, Moon's ruler via Leo is the Sun. The Sun however is debilitated (weak) in Aquarius (opposing energy to Leo, where it is strong). Also, a very important aspect for everything is the ruler of the Asc., which here is Saturn. However, Saturn again is in the fateful 29th degree, too. Does this person have responsibility of some of their family on them?

Frisiangal

Regarding the thread title, all those interested in, studying, and/or working with astrology will say that it does work. Yet each astrologer will use a technique that 'clicks' with their particular mindset. This is particularly so in trying to compare traditional and modern techniques which, unfortunately, always seems to appear as a contradictive contest rather than the view through different mental perceptions. All roads and Rome......and all that.
Is modern quicker yet less defined than traditional technique? Yet the difference with Vedic astrology which assigns completely different rules to both is readily accepted.:andy:

There are also techniques mentioned and clarified in this thread by Rawiri and Cap. The influence of decanates, dwads, midpoints, fixed stars, the lots, (let alone asteroids!) etc., will all show an influence in and through the mind of the individual who has studied and used them, through which (s)he can zoom in on what is already known.
One important factor remains. It is always easy to interpret a chart when information is provided that makes it possible to fill in the dots or boxes that, through any symbolism and means, confirm situations after the fact. In that respect the 'pre-cognition' or 'fortune-telling' as performed by OP's grandmother certainly worked in the case of my son's chart. Which techniques did she use to reach her 'prediction'?

Why did astrology work in his chart, yet apparently not for the OP who placed the original query?

Makes you think, doesn't it?:smile:

aquarius7000

...Why did astrology work in his chart, yet apparently not for the OP who placed the original query?...
Perhaps the OP is still in the beginner's stage (just an e.g.). Perhaps they see it with a more skeptical mind than those that have been practising and using astrology for many users and are hence more convinced. Perhaps the OP has been into Astrology for decades, but still not convinced by it yet.

And, yes, I too believe that Astrology works. So, I would profess that the problem is not with Astrology, but with those practising it and how deep their knowledge and application is. Above all, how open they are to learning further.

obsidianmineral

Regarding the thread title, all those interested in, studying, and/or working with astrology will say that it does work. Yet each astrologer will use a technique that 'clicks' with their particular mindset. This is particularly so in trying to compare traditional and modern techniques which, unfortunately, always seems to appear as a contradictive contest rather than the view through different mental perceptions. All roads and Rome......and all that.
Is modern quicker yet less defined than traditional technique? Yet the difference with Vedic astrology which assigns completely different rules to both is readily accepted.:andy:

There are also techniques mentioned and clarified in this thread by Rawiri and Cap. The influence of decanates, dwads, midpoints, fixed stars, the lots, (let alone asteroids!) etc., will all show an influence in and through the mind of the individual who has studied and used them, through which (s)he can zoom in on what is already known.
One important factor remains. It is always easy to interpret a chart when information is provided that makes it possible to fill in the dots or boxes that, through any symbolism and means, confirm situations after the fact. In that respect the 'pre-cognition' or 'fortune-telling' as performed by OP's grandmother certainly worked in the case of my son's chart. Which techniques did she use to reach her 'prediction'?

Why did astrology work in his chart, yet apparently not for the OP who placed the original query?

Makes you think, doesn't it?:smile:

Are you implying you don't believe in astrology? Or are you criticizing others for their use of astrology?

I, myself, think that astrology, in order to be more accepted, should use one clear method of work (let it be using a tropical zodiac, a sidereal zodiac, modern mtehods or traditional ones) so it actually makes sense.

I personally have strived for trying to prove astrology by learning it and testing it. I've had some cases where I was like "Wow, this is very specific and spot-on" and others where "It's completely off", although the latter has happened only in horary astrology (using it to find lost objects).

I believe this forum in particular is filled upon thousands of posts with people asking about their natal charts with users actually being correct on predictions because it is so goddamn easy to predict someone's chart when you get a context of someone's life, and since astrology bases itself on general characteristics, every life event or personality trait that was already there could be attributed to pretty much any meaning or loose connection of meanings in the chart.

I have found that astrology is something that can be easily disproven if you look at it from a general perspective... but, if you actually try to study astrology and try to understand every factor in a chart you will find that astrology starts becoming less general and more specific, and you will be impressed of how accurate it sometimes is. Astrology has often been discarded as false and pointless by a lot of people because in order to actually be able to judge astrology in its every aspect you need years of practice and knowledge. You need to learn how to read charts and be as less general as possible and reach the highest level of accuracy. And nobody does that! Disproving Sun-sign/Commercial-use-only astrology is very easy because it doesn't take time and actual Sun-sign astrology is completely useless and a lot of times, inaccurate. Everyone can identify themselves with a specific sign, but not everyone can identify themselves with a sun in a certain sign in a certain house ruling certain houses and being disposited by another planet while also aspecting different points in a natal chart and being conjunct a specific fixed star.

And yeah, about Vedic astrology, perhaps it is the lack of people's awareness of how signs actually function that makes it okay to change the sign of all your planets and still identify yourself with them. I've been told by multiple people in my life that their sidereal zodiac sign is completely off and inaccurate, so atleast it doesn't happen always.

I still believe astrology is an incomplete discipline and we need more tools to work with in order to make it less general.

I'd also like to add that perhaps the only reason I trust almost entirely in astrology is because I've seen transits work and match a certain date 100%. For example, I've seen cases where people get a job opportunity or offer on the exact date of an aspect (perhaps implying the 10th ruler) when they hadn't been offered a job in months. You clearly cannot get less general than that. That kind of stuff doesn't happen everyday to everyone, or does it?

Tl;dr

Astrology needs to be used by people who try to not be general and that try to analyze every aspect of it as much as possible, and preferably, by people who don't accept everything that they're told and people who try to disprove astrology itself. That's when you truly have no bias towards it and when you're more likely to find the truth behind astrology.

Oh, and about your son's chart, if you truly want an answer for your question, then I'd need the chart of your son, study astrology extensively for a good while + practice by reading other charts, then looking at your son's chart, studying it and then reaching a conclusion (even if it is the complete opposite of what you told was true, since I have to give you the answer I've reached) and then compare OP's chart and do the same thing.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

I am not sure how one can say that two planets approximately 180 degrees apart, ' do not form an opposition.' The definition of the opposition aspect says nothing about zodiac signs. It is purely geometry...
I don't think that you are comprehending or wanting to comprehend the point I am trying to make, although I made it twice, with examples, and will repeat again. It is the signs that are 180* in opposition ALWAYS because their position is fixed. NOT the planets per se. The planets continually move in the sky. Even Wikipedia will explain that.
It is the signs that will always oppose eachother in EVERYone's chart - Libra will be opposite Aries. Virgo will be opposite Pisces. Two planets can only oppose each other when they move into the respective signs, which already lie in opposition to each other because their energies are so opposite to eachother. THAT is the logic here. The planets oppose because of the signs they are in, or trine each other again because of the signs they are in, NOT because they would otherwise per se!

But, hey, my aim is not to convince you. My aim is that when a question is raised to a point I have made, to clarify it. (I think the challenge here is different.) But go ahead and believe whatever satisfies you.

Last edited:

obsidianmineral

I don't think that you are able to comprehend the point I am trying to make, although I made it twice, with examples, and will repeat again. It is the signs that are 180* in opposition ALWAYS because their position is fixed. NOT the planets per se. The planets continually move in the sky. Even Wikipedia will explain that.
It is the signs that will always oppose eachother in EVERYone's chart - Libra will be opposite Aries. Virgo will be opposite Pisces. Two planets can only oppose each other when they move into the respective signs, which already lie in opposition to each other because their energies are so opposite to eachother. THAT is the logic here. The planets oppose because of the signs he are in, or trine each other again because of the signs they are, NOT because they would other per se!

But, hey, my aim is not to convince you. My aim is that when a question raised to a point I have made, to clarify it. (I think the challenge here is different.) But go ahead and believe whatever satisfies you.

So you're saying that there is an opposition because that relationship of conflict and struggle that happens between signs can also happen between planets independently? Planets do not depend on signs in other to disagree with each other, that's what you're saying. That would be the modern view.

The more traditional way of seeing this problem would be by thinking "Well, if planets are not acting in a way that clash with each other, and even though they are 180º apart, they can't be in conflict, since the horoscope itself is telling me that they're NOT acting in a way that would produce conflict"

I'd like to say that the answer is that the conflict is determined by considering the actual nature of the planets (Jupiter and Sun would be less inclined to be in a conflict in this case since they are what Lilly would label as 'friends'). Maybe these kind of aspects produces us to feel a clash between the nature of the planets by themselves, without there really being a clash between the way they act? Maybe you psychologically feel a conflict between restriction (Saturn) and imagination (Neptune), but not due to the way that they act in your chart.

You know what, I just came up with another point of view. What if this out of sign aspect only works with outer planets since the sign they reside in doesn't matter as much as isn't considered by astrologers in general? Since they're so slow.

aquarius7000

So you're saying that there is an opposition because that relationship of conflict and struggle that happens between signs can also happen between planets independently? Planets do not depend on signs in other to disagree with each other, that's what you're saying. That would be the modern view...
I am saying exactly the opposite. I said it is the signs that lie in opposition or trine to eachother per se. My example was that Libra will *always* lie in opposition to Aries no matter what and no matter whose chart because their respective positions are *fixed*. However, when any two planets (inner or outer) *move* into these two signs, Libra and Aries, they will *then* also be in opposition to each other because the two relevant signs already lie in opposition to each other. The two planets, when they move into the two signs, will be coloured by the energies of the two signs. If mercury enters Aries, it will still do its thinking, but in an impulsive Aries fashion. When Saturn is in Libra, it will still do its reality checking, but in the calm and balanced Libra fashion. Now, you see that Aries is an impulsive and hot-dry energy, quite the opp. of Libra, which is calm and cool/airy.

obsidianmineral

I am saying exactly the opposite. I said it is the signs that lie in opposition or trine to eachother per se. My example was that Libra will *always* lie in opposition to Aries no matter what and no matter whose chart because their respective positions are *fixed*. However, when any two planets (inner or outer) *move* into these two signs, Libra and Aries, they will *then* also be in opposition to each other because the two relevant signs already lie in opposition to each other. The two planets, when they move into the two signs, will be coloured by the energies of the two signs. If mercury enters Aries, it will still do its thinking, but in an impulsive Aries fashion. When Saturn is in Libra, it will still do its reality checking, but in the calm and balanced Libra fashion. Now, you see that Aries is an impulsive and hot-dry energy, quite the opp. of Libra, which is calm and cool/airy.

Oh, so that would be what the other person you were talking to was saying?

You're speaking of sign aspects then

aquarius7000

Oh, so that would be what the other person you were talking to was saying?

You're speaking of sign aspects then
Not commenting on the "other person". Let us just stick to our own chat here :)

Signs are naturally and inherently in aspects to eachother, which we don't really make it a point to mention because that is a fixed rule. See, since Gemini will always, in all charts, lie opposite to Sag., it is a rule as well grounded as the Sun rises in the east, or that 2 + 2 = 4 in your mathematics book and also in mine. Now, using this mere logic, when a planet enters (because planets move, signs don't) the sign of Gemini and another planet also moved into the already, naturally, opposite-lying sign of Sag., obviously these two planets are now bearing the energies of the signs they are in, namely one of Gem. and the other of Sag. Since these two signs already always lie in opposition to one another, the planets bearing their energies also oppose eachother.

The next question of course then becomes of the orb., which everybody has a different concept of, how tight or how loose is acceptable, and I can't get into now because I gotta go earn my bread and butter now. :)

Last edited:

aquarius7000

"And yeah, about Vedic astrology, perhaps it is the lack of people's awareness of how signs actually function that makes it okay to change the sign of all your planets and still identify yourself with them. I've been told by multiple people in my life that their sidereal zodiac sign is completely off and inaccurate, so atleast it doesn't happen always."
I am on the train and can't get the quotes button to work.
However, I did want to say, Vedic Astrology goes back to before or at least when Western Astrology started.
Why the signs change there a Vedic astrologer can explain to you in depth and there is a Vedic Astro board here. The focus there is NOT on the sun sign, but on the Moon sign. And, most Western Astrologers don't even bother to understand that and are already so biased by all the lovely stuff they have half read and half imagined about Western Astrology and themselves that they feel that Vedic is just a comfortable method to associate certain qualities with oneself. I have sometimes had rather accurate predictions via Vedic, which I shunned in the beginning because i also did not familiarize myself enough.

Also, when a field is as old and as vast as Astrology, and one that faces so much opposition and contention by those that think they are too scientific to believe in this 'humbug', or so they think, there are bound to be varying opinions and diverse tools. Many roads lead to Rome.

I like it that you seem quite open-minded. When I started over a decade ago with Astrology seriously, I bought myself two books, which unfortunately were the wrong choice for a beginner, being too 'modern' in nature. Since my Aquarian Mercury and Uranus is the third house do not accept things at mere face value, I found that Modern Astrology was not able to explain certain things, but was excellent at proclaiming things. That is of course my opinion. I therefore then picked up William Lilly's Christian Astrology and a few others, bored myself with them, but furthered my knowledge and grasp of the subject manifold. You see you need to study the history of elements and their inherent nature before you can understand why hydrogen and oxygen come together to form the colour less liquid called water. :)

Frisiangal

Are you implying you don't believe in astrology? Or are you criticizing others for their use of astrology?

It seems you misread and applied another interpretation to what I was trying to say in my post.:smile:

I have found that astrology is something that can be easily disproven if you look at it from a general perspective... but, if you actually try to study astrology and try to understand every factor in a chart you will find that astrology starts becoming less general and more specific, and you will be impressed of how accurate it sometimes is.

I agree with you entirely, except I would exchange the highlighted to 'always'.:biggrin:

I still believe astrology is an incomplete discipline and we need more tools to work with in order to make it less general

I'm inclined to disagree. The tools are there; it's knowing how to hone, use, and apply them.

I'd also like to add that perhaps the only reason I trust almost entirely in astrology is because I've seen transits work and match a certain date 100%. For example, I've seen cases where people get a job opportunity or offer on the exact date of an aspect (perhaps implying the 10th ruler) when they hadn't been offered a job in months. You clearly cannot get less general than that. That kind of stuff doesn't happen everyday to everyone, or does it?

Working with the daily transits can say a lot too, and are often the triggers regarding the events the big ones bring about.

Oh, and about your son's chart, if you truly want an answer for your question, then I'd need the chart of your son, study astrology extensively for a good while + practice by reading other charts, then looking at your son's chart, studying it and then reaching a conclusion (even if it is the complete opposite of what you told was true, since I have to give you the answer I've reached) and then compare OP's chart and do the same thing.

I wasn't seeking an answer. Based on son's chart, so very similar to the chart you were querying, I was simply confirming the OP's grandmother's comment about the 'abundant wealth' and the context of its meaning.

In his case, transit Uranus was exact conjunct secondary progressed sun was exact natal Venus in Pisces opp. Virgo Moon in 7th house when his marriage to a Libran Sun(!!) broke down and disintegrated before his eyes. Tr. Pluto square to 'out of sign' Moon conjunct Pluto in Libra followed
The work of chart and Sun ruler doing what it had to do for him to become independent upon himself (NN Aquarius in 1st?).
OP has NN Aquarius in 12th; could be the difference?:smile: