Dreaming about snakes

ariesgurl

I am always having dreams about snakes. In my dream I am always running from them, feel scared and sometimes I am even attacked by them. I have periodically had these types of dreams all my life and don't know why? To rule out the obvious, I dont have an irrational fear of snakes and im pretty sure its not sexual symbolism either. I was born in the ashlesha nakshatra and I read that this constellation gives one snake dreams. If thats true, its kind of creepy lol. Also if this is true why would snakes be attacking me? Wouldn't they be friendly?

Anyone else born in ashlesha have this problem?

dr. farr

The nakshatra is composed of 5 stars of the constellation Hydra (the snake), so that's not too surprising; the symbol of this nakshatra is the snake, and the Hindu deities of this asterism are the Sarpas (aka Nagas), deified snakes.
The nakshatra Uttara Bhadrapana also has a snake (in a pool of water) as a symbol, and the Hindu deity is Ahir Budhyana, the "serpent" or "dragon" of the deep.

ariesgurl

So are these dreams trying to tell me something? I am always able to remember them in the morning but can never figure out what it means!

Phoenix Venus

I've had plenty of snake dreams too.. they are quite common actually; you will find that our history is ripe with snake symbolism... even down to the depiction of our dna...

images

images

(my my... look at how our dna is depicted here.... very closely controlled & trapped in a snake pit...)

Soooo... the serpent can represent that which we consider evil... tainted... destructive... tightly controlled and trapped.. and the "reptilian" part of our brain... (considered so because it is well developed in reptiles) the pineal gland... deals with our controlling instincts, our anger and fear... (remember the serpent was the one that tempted eve in the "garden of eden"... whether or not you believe that story to be true, it has a deep symbolic resonance within our psyche..)

So a dream about running from snakes?

Well, everyones dreams have their own meanings so it's hard to truly pinpoint based on a general description but...

Maybe you feel as though you are trying to get away from evil... maybe you struggle handling even your own "demons" face on.... tons of people have this problem... especially in todays world.. (of astrological note: the nodes can be said to represent the dragons head and tail.... dragons and snakes are often intertwined, symbolically... and the north node is about progression... so facing things... head on... will give you progress....)

By the way, I consider it to be a good thing that these snakes are not your friends in the dreams :smile: better to run from evil than to mingle with it, ya know?

In my opinion, Jung did dreams the best justice, so if you are curious about the meaning behind your dreams... pick up some of his books.... way way waaaaaay more insights than you could gain from a typical dream dictionary..

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
I am always having dreams about snakes. In my dream I am always running from them, feel scared and sometimes I am even attacked by them. I have periodically had these types of dreams all my life and don't know why? To rule out the obvious, I dont have an irrational fear of snakes and im pretty sure its not sexual symbolism either. I was born in the ashlesha nakshatra and I read that this constellation gives one snake dreams. If thats true, its kind of creepy lol. Also if this is true why would snakes be attacking me? Wouldn't they be friendly?

perhaps..... you could post a chart?

Phoenix Venus

yeah.. i'd be interested in seeing your chart too, if you want to share.

I wonder if you have anything from 13-14 aries... (maybe if not a chart point, then a midpoint or arabic part...)

the sabian symbol for that degree is:

"A SERPENT COILING NEAR A MAN AND A WOMAN."

JUPITERASC

QUOTE:

source: A – Z Dream Moods Dictionary
http://www.dreammoods.com/ :smile:

'…..To see a snake in your dream signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you.

Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced.

The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted.

If you are afraid of the snake, then it signifies your fears of the person symbolized by the snake

As a positive symbol, snakes represent healing, transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive change.....'

wintersprite1

Premium Member
I have taken the Jungian approach to dream analysis.

Everything in a dream is yourself. Take note of what your normal reaction is to snakes. What part of you are they? What is it that is trying to attack another part of the self? What really is it you are running away from?

Virinchi

snake(sarpa = serpent) is your kundali energy which is stored in mooladhara chakra
it needs a release. (when released, it crawls like a snake upwards)
you need to practice kundalini yoga to release it.
you will need a guru and initially will have few bad dreams and bitter experiences until that related karma is totally rlzd

ariesgurl

snake(sarpa = serpent) is your kundali energy which is stored in mooladhara chakra
it needs a release. (when released, it crawls like a snake upwards)
you need to practice kundalini yoga to release it.
you will need a guru and initially will have few bad dreams and bitter experiences until that related karma is totally rlzd

Uh I dont think I could handle it. From what I have read about Kundalini Shakti it seems very frightening and for lack of a better word I am a total "chicken $h!t" when it comes to these things. It sounds very intriguing but I am to scared to even go there...

JUPITERASC

Uh I dont think I could handle it. From what I have read about Kundalini Shakti it seems very frightening and for lack of a better word I am a total "chicken $h!t" when it comes to these things. It sounds very intriguing but I am to scared to even go there...
So that's one reasonable candidate as an explanation for your dream
i.e. fear of undertaking Kundalini Shakti
because Kundalini Shakti is indeed as has been mentioned, traditionally represented as a metaphorical snake

perhaps even, the dream is warning you against undertaking Kundalini Shakit

alternatively

perhaps you have an unconscious fear of real snakes
and that would be very wise of you because real snakes are often killers :smile:

*emma*

Banned
What is kundaline shakti?

OP your dream could mean anything or nothing,,,not all dreams are important....alot of dreams are just about your daily life most of them jumbled up,...your brain processes events when asleep, perhaps you work with people who YOU think are snakes.....? Ie liars and toads? LOL

the snake is a symbol of shedding skin etc perhaps yu are shedding old patterns? And becoming a different person? Only you know

i wouldnt worry about dreams though

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Dreams are actually very significant, they aren't just a jumble up of daily events... they are a manifestation of what is going on within our psyche, delivered straight to the subconsious without the conscious (analytical, categorical) mind getting in the way. The consious mind is needed for day-to-day interactions; the subconsious is needed for the souls progression. (that is why they call it the "higher self")

The more spiritually evolved someone becomes, and the more they take note of their dreams and pay attention to them, the more they will realize that dreams will give guidance regarding their spiritual destiny and life path. Many, many dreams are prophetic (show future events..) it's just a matter of deciphering them properly and understanding what they are trying to say. And that is why learning about symbols is so, so important.

People like Jung who have devoted their life path to the study of dreams will tell you this.

Since the Nodes are represented by the serpent, maybe we should look at your nodes to determine how you can "stop running" from the snakes and "face them" and defeat them.

The south node is where you are coming from. This will show your innate talents but it will also show where you can get stuck in a rut and fall into the easy path.

Here is the sabian symbol from dane rudhyar's "An Astrological Mandala"

Your south node @ 7.54 Aqua

BEAUTIFULLY GOWNED WAX FIGURES ON DISPLAY.
KEYNOTE: The inspiration one may derive from the appearance of Exemplars who present to us the archetypes of a new culture.
We are dealing here with the fixed symbols upon which a culture is based, with mental archetypes. They are kept and made available as patterns to imitate, or at least from which to draw new motives for inspiration. We are at the stage of vision: new forms are revealed to the consciousness, as well as new ways of meeting other people in social relationships.
This is the third stage in the sixty-second sequence of five symbols. In a sense the generic human past and the future are implied here. The wax figures are impersonal forms. The gowns constitute a static presentation of ideal patterns; yet they are the PREFORMATION of what will be experienced in the culture being born. They herald new collective developments.

This symbol represents the ability to emulate figures that you look up to. This has to do with being "proper" and living up to an ideal of a "role" that should be played. It shows that you are probably very skilled at projecting a certain image of yourself. But people are not perfect so possibly your you are stifling a part of your true self in order to live up to your own idea of perfection.

This makes so much sense with what i was saying about your dream in which it could represent struggle with facing personal demons. Like i said before, many suffer this problem in today's world because "IMAGE" is SUCH a big thing. When we focus on image, we sacrifice substance, and wander around the world going in circles and feeling lost.

Now the north node will show you what new concepts will allow you to make progress for the better.

Here is your North Node @ 7.54 Leo

A COMMUNIST ACTIVIST SPREADING HIS REVOLUTIONARY IDEALS.
KEYNOTE: The emotional and ideological attempt to return to a state of non-differentiation and chaos as a prelude to a new type of order.
This symbol, beyond all present-day socio-political controversy, represents the activity of destructive or catabolic forces (one aspect of the Indian god Shiva) in answer to the type of confrontation suggested by the symbol for Leo 6°. The old order is confronted by the youthful drive for a new way of life and a new sense of values. As the old order refuses to yield its prerogatives, this refusal polarizes violent revolutionary action. The revolutionary may have beautiful dreams of a "classless" society free from greed and harsh struggles for survival, but the first practical result of his activity almost inevitably appears as "chaos." Yet chaos is a state of being that calls for a new descent of the power to reorganize and differentiate. Alas, such a descent most often is still based on old concepts, and one witnesses a struggle for personal and dictatorial power.
This is the third stage of the twenty-sixth sequence of five phases, and ideally it could show how the vision of a cosmic order (stage two) might heal the potential conflict between an obsolete Establishment and its youthful challengers (stage one). But reality today presents a more cruel picture of CATABOLIC ACTION.

This symbol is about releasing "perfect forms" and going with a NEW, maybe even chaotic approach, to the world around you. It is about staying true to your OWN ideals and how you percieve the world to be. It's about finding your own voice so that you can help lift up others who are around you.

You are your own hero and your own savior, and the world needs more self-proclaimed heros because people will follow you into truth and love and out of this darkness.... and that is how you truly.... "take back the night".... Don't let justin timberlake's songs fool you, the HOLY GRAIL is not about letting your cup (material image) spill over.... it's about letting your heart, mind and soul spill over.... :)

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

What is kundaline shakti?
FOUND A DESCRIPTION OF KUNDALINI SHAKTI ACCORDING TO ONE PARTICULAR WEBSITE http://kundalinicare.com/?page_id=77
OP your dream could mean anything or nothing,,,not all dreams are important....alot of dreams are just about your daily life most of them jumbled up,...your brain processes events when asleep,

perhaps you work with people who YOU think are snakes.....? i.e. liars and toads? LOL

the snake is a symbol of shedding skin etc

perhaps you are shedding old patterns?

And becoming a different person?

Only you know

Exactly

- change is often 'scary' :smile:

i wouldnt worry about dreams though

JMO that's good advice

When one is curious regarding an intriguing dream or recurring dream, then meditating on the possible meanings/simple association based on specific personal associations of the meaning of snakes to a particular individual may be helpful in discovering hidden meaning

btw the snake is included on the symbol for the AMA

snakes-sticks_5.jpg

Phoenix Venus

JupiterASC, my furry pet, what do you think the bar and wings represents? The snake is always depicted with a bar running through it..... and wings around it....

bar = control.... wings = angels = higher powers ??

Be careful though. Messing around with the kundalini without the proper training/guru is EXTREMELY dangerous...

JUPITERASC

JupiterASC, my furry pet,

How funny.... that's hilarious :smile:
....what do you think the bar and wings represents? The snake is always depicted with a bar running through it..... and wings around it....
The 'bar' is apparently symbolic of a staff - also known as a 'caduceus' Phoenix Venus

bar = control.... wings = angels = higher powers ??

QUOTE:

'.....Greek mythology, the Rod of Asclepius (U+2695 ⚕ staff of aesculapius (See also caduceus; sometimes also spelled Asklepios or Aesculapius)), also known as the asklepian, is a serpent-entwined rod wielded by the Greek god Asclepius, a deity associated with healing and medicine.

The symbol has continued to be used in modern times, where it is associated with medicine and health care, yet frequently confused with the staff of the god Hermes, the caduceus. Theories have been proposed about the Greek origin of the symbol and its implications....'.

Be careful though.

Messing around with the kundalini without the proper training/guru is EXTREMELY dangerous...
Snakes ARE universally considered 'dangerous'

Choose guru wisely

Phoenix Venus

The 'bar' is apparently symbolic of a staff - also known as a 'caduceus' Phoenix Venus

from wikipuke, as bobbington would like to call it: "Caduceus or staff of Hermes Carry it in your left hand and deliver message from the gods; guide the dead to the underworld"

interesting :)

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

'….The caduceus is the staff carried by Hermes in Greek mythology. The same staff was also borne by heralds in general, for example by Iris, the messenger of Hera. It is a short staff entwined by two serpents, sometimes surmounted by wings. In Roman iconography it was often depicted being carried in the left hand of Mercury, the messenger of the gods, guide of the dead and protector of merchants, shepherds, gamblers, liars, and thieves. As a symbolic object it represents Hermes (or the Roman Mercury), and by extension trades, occupations or undertakings associated with the god.....'

'….In later Antiquity the caduceus provided the basis for the astrological symbol representing the planet Mercury. Thus, through its use in astrology and alchemy, it has come to denote the elemental metal of the same name.

By extension of its association with Mercury and Hermes, the caduceus is also a recognized symbol of commerce and negotiation, two realms in which balanced exchange and reciprocity are recognized as ideals. This association is ancient, and consistent from the Classical period to modern times....' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus

'…..The caduceus is also used as a symbol representing printing, again by extension of the attributes of Mercury (in this case associated with writing and eloquence). The caduceus is often used as a symbol of healthcare organisations and medical practice (especially in North America), due to confusion with the traditional medical symbol, the rod of Asclepius, although this has only one snake and is never depicted with wings.....' :smile: